sleep issues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2011, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I'm 31 weeks and I'm starting to have sleep problems. Wasn't sure if this was a pregnancy related thing, or maybe my thyroid. I got to bed okay, then wake about 4-5 hours later wide awake and STARVING. I eat before bed(protein/carbs) so I don't know why I can't sleep through the night without getting up to eat. I get up and eat another combo of protein and carbs, and get back in bed. I usually get back to sleep but it's very light..almost like I don't even realize I had been sleeping..that sort of in-between sleep, and wake up very tired in the morning. I would just chalk it up to pregnancy, but after DS was born, my thyroid shifted from hypo to hyperthyroid and I had to adjust my medication. One of my telling symptoms, was waking up after only a few hours extremely hungry, but in that case, not being able to go back to sleep for the rest of the night. What do you all think? Anyone experience this just from pregnancy, or is it strange? I just had bloodwork for my thyroid about a month ago and all was okay.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

User Tag List