When did your nausea improve? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and feeling nauseous pretty much all day every day. I'm wondering how long this is likely to go on. If you were nauseous during your first trimester, when did your nausea start to improve? When (if ever) was it completely gone?

Thank you!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#2 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Always in the 2nd tri, this last time it was 13ish weeks. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 08:28 AM

I was super nauseous for the first half of every day and in the middle of the night, until 17-18 weeks. Now I'm 20.5 weeks and only get a little queasy when I'm hungry, but the pukey part is over. I knew it was getting better when I woke up and *wasn't* horribly nauseous for the third day in a row! It's a great feeling when you can tell it's getting better!
#4 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 AM

I was nauseous from wks 7-10 and it was mainly in the evening when I was tired or if I hadn't eaten in a awhile.  It was completely gone at week 10.  I found a lot of relief sucking on ginger candy and sipping ginger tea.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#5 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post

I was nauseous from wks 7-10 and it was mainly in the evening when I was tired or if I hadn't eaten in a awhile.  It was completely gone at week 10.  I found a lot of relief sucking on ginger candy and sipping ginger tea.

My experience was very similar except my time frame was 6-9 weeks. I am 10 weeks tomorrow and feeling sooo much better.

Jennifer, mama to two beautiful blessings (ds 3/2000 and dd 9/2002) who are growing and amazing me every day and hoping for another!
#6 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
With each child it was a bit different, but by the beginning of my second trimester, I was usually over the worst of it.

#7 of 24 Old 03-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

DD1- 7-13 weeks, DD2 6-16 weeks

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#8 of 24 Old 03-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Bad nausea and vomiting from 7-16wks, now it's very much decreased, but I must say I still throw up under the right (wrong) circumstances.  I can't eat watery soup anymore, it comes right back up, I'm guessing due to reflux.  For some reason, Rice Crispies cereal is also out!  No other cereal... just Rice Crispies.  ???  

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#9 of 24 Old 03-07-2011, 01:04 PM

I just want to post to make the very small percentage of mamas who stay sick longer feel normal.  My sister threw up multiple times every day until the end of her eighth month, I believe.  I know it was well into the third trimester.  But that's really uncommon, so don't expect it to happen to you . . . but it CAN happen, very occasionally.  And not mean there's anything wrong with you or the baby (they're both fine and my niece is 2 y 4 mo).  Some random study apparently found a correlation between number of times puking and the IQ of the kid.  But that might be a load of hooey, it was just on a radio show.  My niece is pretty smart . . . anyway, it might be true, and I hope it makes those of you with m/s feel better.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#10 of 24 Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM

In the same vein as the last post, a couple of months ago I was talking to a colleague and at this time his wife was about 7 months pregnant. I asked him how she was and he said "She hasn't thrown up in 3 days" in a tone that implied that this was real progress for her! But since then she's had her baby and both are fine.

I wasn't nauseous to speak of, but the constant feeling like I'd been hit by a truck subsided around the beginning of the second trimester.

#11 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I'm another one that has nausea the entire pregnancy. When I don't have nausea, I have a miscarriage. My pregnancies that have ended in a live birth all caused me to vomit at least 10 times a day, up to 20, right up until delivery. Oddly enough, I never threw up during labor.

I was always told that almost all pregnant women have nausea that resolves by 16 weeks. Something like 95% or whatever. I'm not one of them. But I also don't tend to lose weight when I'm pregnant, because I am eating almost non-stop to keep the nausea at bay. If I don't eat, I literally cannot leave the bathroom, or just lay on the floor dry heaving in to a towel nearly non-stop. But if I'm constantly eating, then I only throw up every hour or so. And since I vomit so much, I tailor my diet to the things that are the least repellent when they come back up again, so overall my diet is not incredibly healthy, which also contributes to my weight gain. But I do lose it all after a while.

#12 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Thankfully mine eased up around week 13 and by week 15 it was GONE.  I have no right to complain compared to the women how have HG or m/s their entire pregnancy, I know, but still.  It was debilitating this time and I am jubilant that now (at 17 weeks) when I wake up in the morning and don't have to throw up.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#13 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM

At about 12-13 weeks. I noticed also that the nausea was in direct correlation to how many prenatals I took. Feel better soon

Mama of 10yo dd, 7 yo ds, and 22 month old ds. No VAX, Anti-Circ, Lactivist, EC, UCB x 2. 

#14 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 01:34 PM

I'm 10w5d today and have been almost completely without nausea for days. Last week seems to have been the peak of it.
#15 of 24 Old 03-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

2nd trimester.  But, I would like to tell you about something I have discovered.   I am 6 weeks pregnant too.

With my first pregnancy I threw up every day for 3 months.  Oddly enough, I felt fine until a few days after I started taking my prenatal vitamin, and this is when the daily pukes started, along with feeling nauseous and exhausted all day.  I would throw up every time I would take my vitamin.  I believe my body was trying to get rid of that poison.  I was stupidly taking a One-A-Day Womens Prenatal from Walmart.  I later looked at the list of ingredients, and there is everything from anti-freeze(propelyne gloyol) to artificial colorings in it.  I am now taking Super Nutrition Prenatal and I have not felt sick at all.  It has no extra ingredients, no colorings, etc.  Only vitamins.  No garbage!  I believe that this is a HUGE reason that many women experience nausea, because everyone takes prenatals, and most take the nasty ones!  

There are also other prenatals with no extra ingredients.  Like New Chapter, Rainbow Light, and Garden of Life Vitamin Code.  I am also taking Barleans DHA EPA ultra instead of the DHA supps at Walmart.  I am actually switching to Rainbow light vitamins because I like their concentrations better:)

cocoanib likes this.
#16 of 24 Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 AM

First pregnancy, I had bad nausea until 17 weeks.

This time around, I felt 90% better by 13 weeks. I've had random bouts of nausea through the 2nd trimester, but they're so few and far between that it's barely an issue.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#17 of 24 Old 03-10-2011, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love4ever View Post

2nd trimester.  But, I would like to tell you about something I have discovered.   I am 6 weeks pregnant too.

With my first pregnancy I threw up every day for 3 months.  Oddly enough, I felt fine until a few days after I started taking my prenatal vitamin, and this is when the daily pukes started, along with feeling nauseous and exhausted all day.  I would throw up every time I would take my vitamin.  I believe my body was trying to get rid of that poison.  I was stupidly taking a One-A-Day Womens Prenatal from Walmart.  I later looked at the list of ingredients, and there is everything from anti-freeze(propelyne gloyol) to artificial colorings in it.  I am now taking Super Nutrition Prenatal and I have not felt sick at all.  It has no extra ingredients, no colorings, etc.  Only vitamins.  No garbage!  I believe that this is a HUGE reason that many women experience nausea, because everyone takes prenatals, and most take the nasty ones!  

There are also other prenatals with no extra ingredients.  Like New Chapter, Rainbow Light, and Garden of Life Vitamin Code.  I am also taking Barleans DHA EPA ultra instead of the DHA supps at Walmart.  I am actually switching to Rainbow light vitamins because I like their concentrations better:)

My pre-natals made me puke too. I switched brands and started eating them with a big meal (usually dinner) and that made a huge difference.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#18 of 24 Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 AM

With #1: vomiting daily and near-constant nausea until about 16-18 weeks

With #2: mild to moderate nausea, occasional vomiting, until about 12-13 weeks

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#19 of 24 Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 AM

I felt bad from week 8 to week 15.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#20 of 24 Old 03-14-2011, 01:48 PM

Mine improved around 26 weeks :(

#21 of 24 Old 03-15-2011, 10:55 AM

With DD I had nausea for the full 40 weeks.

With my current bundle, I am just hitting the 4 week mark, and the barfy feeling just keeps getting worse. I am hoping that its not another 40 weeks of grossedout.gif

I was unable to vomit with the first one, and so far with this one too. Nausea is almsot unbearable when theres no real resolve to it :(

#22 of 24 Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 PM

I had nausea (but no vomiting) roughly 6-9 weeks.  Eating protein helped -- usually cheese.  I carried string cheese or babybel cheese rounds everywhere!

I had an egg aversion, which meant I thought if I ate fried, scrambled, or hard-boiled eggs I might be ill, roughly the whole pregnancy (I'm 38 weeks along now).  :)

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#23 of 24 Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I had nausea (no vomiting) from week 5. It resolved by week 20 but I had the occasional bout and I had to be very, very careful brushing my teeth until she was born. I always brush my tongue but, while I was pregnant, brushing more than the tip would bring tears to my eyes, hypersalivation and nausea which would persist for up to an hour.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#24 of 24 Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 PM

With my first it lasted till 20 weeks. I don't remember when it began. With my 2nd it started at 9 weeks and ended at 16 weeks. With this one it started this week at 8.5 weeks and I really hope it doesn't continue for much longer! I just can't take this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page