Desperate! HELP (very time sensitive) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-07-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok mamas, I'm sure hoping that one of you have either heard of this or have more ideas on what I can do.

I'm 42 weeks.  I went for my OB appointment today and had my first check.  Well, he had a heck of a time finding my cervix, but the baby's head was RIGHT there.  Well, he continued digging.  He found my cervix facing north.  Not just posterior, but completely curled around to the top.  The baby's head was on my lower uterine segment, causing it to hook around.  No effacement, dilation, softening, nada.  Baby has remained persistently OP.

I had a transferred HB with my DD and her head was also resting on my lower uterine segment.  She was LOT.  Some effacement, but no dilation or softening with her.  Labor was akin to torture with transition-like contractions 2mins apart and 90 secs long for 18 hours before transfer.

With my DS (oldest), I was induced at 40+3 on an unfavorable cervix and had pit maxed 19 hours with no cervical change.  I know he was OP, but don't have the details of where his head was resting.

I am a VBA2C and time is ticking, as I doubt highly that my OB will continue to wait after 43 weeks.  I had a BPP and NST today and it took her 30 minutes to move during the BPP.  They gave me food and my hubby got me some sugar and she had a couple of active moments during the NST.  She passed both, but almost didn't pass the BPP.

And, the tech told the OB that the water was thick and he said it's either meconium or blood.  Not sure what to think of this.

My OB told me to do a breech tilt to get her out of my pelvis and have DH pull the cervix to the front and then slowly get up to try to get her to drop on my cervix.

I have been going to a webster-certified chiro and been doing various things from Spinning Babies.

Blessed helpmeet to my man, mama to Cody, Sarai & newly born Rebekah
#2 of 5 Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 PM

DDCC....

Oh mama! I have no advice..just hugs. I can't even imagine what you are going through(and have gone through.) I hope you get relief SOON!
#3 of 5 Old 03-08-2011, 10:06 AM

I think you're right on with the chiro and spinning babies. The only thing I might add is maybe some rebozo work (i think there might be some disscusion about it on spinning babies, you can also youtube it to see actual videos) and maybe getting in a pool might do you some good.

good luck!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#4 of 5 Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 PM

Hugs Mama!  If I'm reading this right baby is just not sitting on your cervix as baby is too far forward plus your cervix so far back?  If so my dh's cousin had  something similar and she did a lot of pulling the baby in towards her spine as to move the baby onto the cervix.  The rebozo technique the pp mentioned looks like it may help too(it's on spinning babies). I hope baby comes soon!

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#5 of 5 Old 03-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Could it be uterine malposition? Here's some more info. Good luck to you. hug.gif
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/272497-overview

Mama of 10yo dd, 7 yo ds, and 22 month old ds. No VAX, Anti-Circ, Lactivist, EC, UCB x 2. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page