The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread - SPRING Edition - HOORAY, SPRING!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 230 Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, Kyamosmile.gif

Good luck to the next ladies up for delivery! winky.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 230 Old 07-08-2011, 01:46 PM

I don't post in my DDC, so I thought I'd share again here. Would love to see your bumps, too.

Here I am at 15w2d (I'll be 17w tomorrow). If you compare it to the 13w1d pic I posted a few pages back, you can see how much that dress adds to the bump. Lol.500

ETA - Anyone know if arm exercises will do any good w/out cardio? I don't have the energy for cardio, but I'm tired of my fat arms, and I really don't want to show them off all summer. I think I could manage to stick to some semi-regular arm exercises. Suggestions?

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#183 of 230 Old 07-09-2011, 02:16 PM

just wanted to wave hi to everyone!!! hope everyone is doing okay. happy to see all the positive updates over the past page or so.

things are good here, baby k is 8.5 months old and trying to hard to figure out mobility. by this age my daughter had been crawling for 2 months and pulling up/cruising for 1 month, so i am kinda glad the poor little guy has not figured it out yet, frustrating though it may be. we are moving in just over 2 weeks and i am really hoping he can wait and figure out how to crawl once we move in and babyproof the new place... one can dream, at least!

i haven't posted since april - had back surgery at the end of april and have had a really crap recovery. not able to carry the baby or be left alone w/the kids. we have decided that because of my back, we are definitely done and we're talking about hubby getting a vasectomy. soooooo weird to think about, considering how much time i fretted about getting pregnant. but i need to work on caring for the kids i do have, and being physically fit enough to not require 24/7 assistance, so that means no more pregnancies. i am kind of relieved because TTC was definitely not fun at all....

doubt i'll post again before the move, but hope everyone is doing well. love to all!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#184 of 230 Old 07-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

hide.gif

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
#185 of 230 Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
squeeeeeeee, SO glad to see you peeking in here, Milk8Shake!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif Your HCG and progesterone sound awesome (imho). Keep it up, wonderful little one in there! goodvibes.gif Can I add you to the front page, or do you want to wait? blowkiss.gif

YYYM, it's so good to see you! I'm sorry you had such a tough recovery from surgery. It sounds like hopefully your back is doing better now? Good luck with the move!

lavatea, you look beautiful! I think whatever workout you have the energy for is fine, as long as you don't lift anything too heavy. Prenatal yoga could be really good, too, since it doesn't work the cardio and does help tone your muscles. Welcome (belatedly) to your 2nd trimester!

Sweet.Bee, your picture is gorgeous! Very stylish. smile.gif Are you feeling any better now that you've passed 12 weeks? Ugh to the factory hospital feel. I'm sorry your lovely birthing center got shut down. Hopefully you can find a comforting alternative this time.

Maurine, yikes, I'm glad that it was a scare only! I had a weight gain like that and it was all swelling. My midwife actually has her eye on me now for pre-e because of the swelling, and now protein in my urine. sigh... hopefully it's nothing. She didn't want to send for the bloodwork just yet, since I don't have high BP, vision changes, etc. at the moment. I'm glad your bloodwork came back just fine, and you're not anemic! You're almost at term, girl! love.gif

Kyamo, ditto on the great numbers! Your next blood draw is soon, right? goodvibes.gif

jessica, Asher looks so cute! Thanks for sharing your birth perspective. My sister was saying the same thing: it's an amazing experience. I can imagine it must be weird and hard to say you're done. I know DH and I both hope to have a second child, but after that I imagine reaching the same point. We probably would welcome a surprise third, but TTC again...ugh. Keep sending the pics! love.gif

afm, well, I'm becoming ready. Like..READY. lol...Our little girl has dropped down, apparently a lot. Our midwife said "where the heck is her head? Oh, THERE it is..." at last week's appointment. I was thinking she must have dropped because I've been feeling stretchy/crampy in my lower abdomen: could that be my cervix doing its thing? upsidedown.gif I've also been dealing with the runs for about a week now, and I think it may be my body's way of still being able to eat/expel even with less room down there. I keep getting these painful cramps like I get before my period when I need to pass gas and my cervix is low and in the way. Sorry for the TMI, but it's exciting for me. blush.gif Like I mentioned above, my midwife is keeping an eye on me for pre-e (yikes), and she said that if any of my symptoms progress she may need to induce me, so going into labor early (if the girl is ready) doesn't sound like such a bad thing at this point. We'll be 37 weeks on Thursday, which is full term right? I'm definitely feeling myself enter "wait and see" antsy-pants mode. lol...Right now I have to go find something that I can eat (which is a challenge lately). Something full of protein but that won't have me up all night with the runs and heartburn. Rice with bouillon? hm...icecream...mmmmmmm....

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#186 of 230 Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Kyamo, ditto on the great numbers! Your next blood draw is soon, right? goodvibes.gif

Yep, second beta was yesterday.  

18DPO 1069

25DPO 16763

I used an online doubling calculator and got a doubling time of 42.47 hrs.  

So, I think everything is fine so far.  joy.gif

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#187 of 230 Old 07-12-2011, 06:53 AM

Tear- I never seem to come here anymore-- but I wanted to say I am still thinking of you and am so excited you are ALMOST holding your little girl!!! love.gif Lots of wonderful labor vibes to you when you and your little girl are ready!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#188 of 230 Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 PM

Hi Ladies…

I don’t seem to have time to stop by that often anymore either. It’s sort of sad that once these little babies come “out” we get to busy to check in. I’m always following everyone’s pregnancies… it’s the posting that doesn’t happen!

Anyway YAHOO for a bunch of NEW graduates!!!!! If it didn’t cramp my computer, I’d send millions of dancing veggies for both Kyamo and Milkshake. I hope that everything progresses beautifully for both of you!!!! I’m not even sure if I congratulated Sweet Bee and Lavatea (I think I did)… but if not… yahoo for both of you too!

Tear – You are SOOO close! I am so excited! I can’t wait for you to get to hold that well deserved bundle in your arms. Keep us posted!!!

As for us… Caleb turned 1 at the end of June. Crazy! He’s walking up a storm! He’s not saying any words yet, except for “mama” and a funny little barking noise for the dog. Having the bilingual (English & Spanish) household may slow down his words some… but we are really trying hard to point/identify items and talk to him a lot!!! He needs some words as he gets frustrated sometimes.

He is so much fun at this stage! He’s really a very happy, loving and good natured little boy. He has an occasional temper when he doesn’t get his way – but I think that is pretty normal. He really is a daredevil though! We went to the park recently and he wanted to climb the slide. How does he know at 1 that he should climb up the slide? Then on one of those big “3 slides in 1” type things, he was throwing himself headfirst over the slide dividers. He wanted to climb up stairs and go under everything. I decided that we really needed Daddy next time we ventured out to the playground! (ha ha)

Here is a pic from that same playground trip!

He’s still nursing before naps, before bed and once in the middle of the night or very early morning. We’ll continue until he’s around 2 – unless he decides otherwise. He does NOT like cow’s milk though. With nursing and eating cheese and yogurt I’m not very worried, but it would be good if he liked milk at some point.

Anyway…. I hope that all is well with all the Mamas – thinking of you all often!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#189 of 230 Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 AM

Oh my- DD nurses like a newborn compared to Caleb. hahaha I have not introduced milk to her but maybe I should??? I wanted to nurse until 2 but I thought it would be like once in the morning, once at nap, once at night, etc. She is a nursing machine lately! Maybe it's teeth? I still have not had Post partem AF yet. I wanted start TTC when she was 2 ish so the kids would be about 3-3.5 years apart but if I have not ovulated yet, who knows if that will occur. I would hate to wean her before she is really ready....

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#190 of 230 Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

I keep getting these painful cramps like I get before my period when I need to pass gas

Me too!  I tell DH...well, it's either gas or a contraction, cuz it's not menstrual cramps!  Then I wait to see if it's gas...  :)  The chest-to-knee kneeling position helps with both gas or the cramps.  Sometimes I doubt it's contractions because they don't really come and go.  It's like 15 minutes of crampiness before bed. 

This baby is low! 

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#191 of 230 Old 07-14-2011, 10:11 PM

I hope this is okay with Tear that I'm posting this here....SHE'S IN LABOR!!!!  Babe is a bit early (she's 37 weeks today), but Tear has pre-eclampsia and they've decided to induce to keep things safe.  Her water has broken and she's 2cm dilated.....EEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEE!!!!  I'm so excited.  It's so hard to be so far away though--I was supposed to BE THERE while she was in labor (I'm flying out July 26th), not stuck 3,000 miles away.  Gah!  Send her healthy, safe vibes everyone....treehugger.gif

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#192 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Saw this on the main page in the August DDC! Thinking of you Tear and hoping that all is going well!!!!!! So excited to hear your story and see pics of that much waited and longed for baby girl!!!! (And find out her name!!!!)

Lots of love Lady.... love.gif

#193 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 AM

Yay!  Saw this in our DDC and can't wait to hear more news!!

#194 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 12:18 PM

No baby yet, but soon!  After a day and a half of pitocin, broken water, and cervadil, things are still stalled, so she's going in for a c-section in an hour or two.  I WANT TO BE THERE!!!  Please sent your light and thoughts for health and safety for her and her baby towards the east coast.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#195 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 PM

#196 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 PM

Waiting to hear about Tear!

(But this does make me realize that we need someone to take over the thread.  I'd do it, but I'll be in Tear's boat soon enough.  Anyone feeling it?)

#197 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 PM

SHE'S HERE!!!!  Mom and baby are healthy and have even nursed a bit.  When I talked to her on the phone (very briefly) she sounded exhausted, but blissed out with her baby on her chest.  She says babe is (of course) gorgeous. love.gif I didn't think to ask for permission to share the details here and I know she'll probably want to tell you name (it's beautiful), weight, etc., so I won't, but I wanted to let everyone know that things seem to be going really well!  HOORAY!!!  joy.giflove.giftreehugger.giforngbiggrin.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbouncy.gifluxlove.gif

#198 of 230 Old 07-15-2011, 07:51 PM

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Tear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw and posted in your DDC but wanted to send you love and hugs here too!!! I am just beyond thrilled for you...oh, what wonderful amazing news!!!

You *FINALLY* have your rainbow. *sigh* What a wonderful day!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

xoxoxoxo

Claire

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
#199 of 230 Old 07-16-2011, 12:33 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hooray babyjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#200 of 230 Old 07-16-2011, 06:42 AM

YAY!  Congratulations Tear!!!!!   jumpers.gif

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#201 of 230 Old 07-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Man oh man, I'm a blubbering mess over here.  My very best wishes to Tear and her little fighter girl!  xx

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#202 of 230 Old 07-17-2011, 08:20 AM

#203 of 230 Old 07-17-2011, 10:14 AM

Hi again!  I don't have tons to update since I'm not there (it's driving me crazy, and I'm bugging the snot out of my parents, who ARE there, because I don't want to bug the snot out of my sister redface.gif).  According to my dad (admittedly not the most clued in guy in the world), breastfeeding is getting a bit easier and they're both doing well.  Mom's blood pressure is still a bit high, but apparently it's normal for it to take  a while to come back down after pre-e.  So she's still on a bit of medication to keep that down. 

Baby is down to 5lbs 2oz (at midnight last night), which is within the range of normal weight loss (she was 5lbs 9oz when born).  My mom and dad and sister all seem to think that the lactation consultant knows her stuff and is very helpful...but I have to say it's kind of driving me batty to be so far away so I can't verify this myself.  I've seen/heard of too many lc's and doctors who are actively detrimental to breastfeeding relationships to just relax about it.

I think my sister should be the one to tell you the story and her baby's name, and decide whether she's comfortable posting a picture.  She's a teacher, so she's really really careful about internet privacy.  But baby is gorgeous--red hair and all love.gif  I can't wait to get my hands on her....

#204 of 230 Old 07-17-2011, 10:32 AM

p.s. I think it's hilarious that her baby weighed exactly half of what Maggie weighed when she was born.  Apparently our family does not know the meaning of "moderation," we only do things by extremes (I know babies can be much tinier--thank goodnes she's not--5lbs9oz just seems so tiny to me)!

#205 of 230 Old 07-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Wow, she does sound tiny! My son was born at just about 3kg (which google tells me is ~6.75lbs), and he seemed light (25% percentile in weight for boys). But small babies are still super cuddly! smile.gif I was 38 weeks when I went into labor, so I guess how early you give birth may have some influence on size?

Hope to hear an update soon!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#206 of 230 Old 07-17-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyle View Post

I think my sister should be the one to tell you the story and her baby's name, and decide whether she's comfortable posting a picture.  She's a teacher, so she's really really careful about internet privacy.  But baby is gorgeous--red hair and all love.gif  I can't wait to get my hands on her....

That's all well and good as long as she HURRIES UP!! biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif

As for red hair, we I would never have imagined... you get these ideas in your head - and that wasn't one of them!

FWIW Carlyle, I'm betting Tear can't wait for you to arrive either!

#207 of 230 Old 07-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

That's all well and good as long as she HURRIES UP!! biglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gifbiglaugh.gif

As for red hair, we I would never have imagined... you get these ideas in your head - and that wasn't one of them!

FWIW Carlyle, I'm betting Tear can't wait for you to arrive either!

Ditto!!! On all fronts!! Love you Tear!! Can't wait (no, really...CAN NOT WAIT!!) to hear all about beautiful baby girl!! xoxo

Claire , married to my hero, Nick . Our two rainbows babies are here!!! Welcome Noah Peter and Ryan Matthew, born at 25 weeks 6 days on 01/14/09 by emergency C-section!! We are in love!!!
#208 of 230 Old 07-19-2011, 09:04 AM

So happy that she's here TEAR and that all is well. So, so, very tiny! You will be needing some of those preemie and newborn sized baby clothes that are so adorable to look at!

Please post your story and anything you feel comfortable sharing with us when you are up to it. You could always PM around some details if you don't want everything right out in the open.

Oh, and BTW, you had her on mine & DH's 4th anniversary!!!! (I guess that will help me remember when she was born! ha ha)

joy.giflove.gif: joy.giflove.gif:

#209 of 230 Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM

Tear - Wow!!  I just got a chance to stop by this thread and wanted to say CONGRATS!!!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif  I hope you all are doing well and adjusting.  Take care and I look forward to hearing more about the little one.  hug.gif  Thanks Carlyle for all the updates!!  You are such a sweet sister!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#210 of 230 Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
LZP

Oh My gosh!!!! Tears of joy over here for Tear and baby girl!!!! Congratulations to mama, daddy, and proud Aunt Carlyle!!

Looking forward to popping in to read the birth story soon.

We're moving in 1 day - taking a break from packing right now. We settle on Thursday. I should go, since AV (my little ONE YEAR OLD as of yesterday!!!!)  is having one of her new temper tantrums.... seems she's getting cranky in her old age. Oh, I guess I should pack too.

Love to all!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.

Tags
Hypnofertility The Leclaire Method The Easy Way For You To Conceive And Carry Your Healthy Baby To F , Hypbirth Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit Dvd , Hypnobabies Home Study Course For Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page