The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread - SPRING Edition - HOORAY, SPRING!!! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 230 Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

They're home!!!  Hooray.  Her dh was beginning to refer to hospital as "jail" and said they had to pass tests to leave (including leaving their baby in the car seat in the room all bundled up for an hour to see if her vitals were stable!)  It sounds like it was a hectic time getting sign off from an entire army of doctors and nurses (who rotated through in random shifts and didn't remember things from one visit to the next), and they (the doctors and nurses) were worried about my niece's weight gain (which is doing fine now, despite resident doctors pushing formula at 4am) and temperature (1/10th of a degree too low two times and into the warmer with you!)  My sister and her dh are awesome (in my not so humble opinion) and got the quick indoctrination into being hard core mommies and daddies by standing up to pushy and alarmist hospital staff (despite the fact that they'd just been through what sounds like an incredibly stressful and scary birth: last time I talked to him, her dh was standing guard over the door while my sister and baby slept).  GO TEAR AND HUBBY!  Her dh said it's SO NICE to be home and on their own rhythm.  HOORAY!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#212 of 230 Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
my little ONE YEAR OLD as of yesterday!!!!

GET OUT!!!  Congratulations!  orngbiggrin.gif

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#213 of 230 Old 07-21-2011, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats Tear!!!! SOOO happy for you dear. 

Carlyle - This is exactly why I was pining my hopes on being released early. I was thankfully let go 24 hours (exactly) after birth. 

I had to watch this DVD and the moms were all like "OHH I NEVER wanted to leave the hospital" "I was like an all inclusive hotel" "I cried when they said I had to leave" It was not amusing after only having 2 hours of sleep the night before BECAUSE of the hospital. I got home the next night and slept a 4 hour stretch (thank you Asher) and then slept a few more 2 hour chunks. The amount of times they bother you is insane. soapbox.gif

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#214 of 230 Old 07-21-2011, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
love.gif Anika is here! I posted here including some pics since my energy is still coming in short waves. Thank you for all your love and support! I can't wait to come back and really read back through all your posts thoroughly and share our birth story. Love you all, and hope you're doing well! blowkiss.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#215 of 230 Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Been stalking, watching, waiting... (creepy, right?)

Welcome Anika

ETA: What a cutie! joy.gif

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#216 of 230 Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 PM

I was out of town last week and just saw the news. Congrats, Tear! She's beautiful.

I'm 19 weeks as of yesterday and have my big sono on Tuesday. So excited!

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#217 of 230 Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 AM

Awh Tear, I love the first picture of her little profile! Totally too cute. Can't wait to hear and see more when you are up to it!

Lava - Fill us in on your u/s news if you mean its TODAY!

LZP - I hear you on the temper tantrums! Caleb has started a "new" little act where he plops himself on the floor on his butt and proceeds to lean over and gently bonk his forehead on the floor - only once or twice - but what a lil' stinker. Hopefully with some ignoring, he'll get over it!

Hi to everyone else... orngbiggrin.gif

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#218 of 230 Old 07-26-2011, 05:52 PM

It's a boy. I'm a tad disappointed (is it alright to say that outloud?) but so happy to report that he looks great - measuring one day ahead of schedule, great size, no anomalies noted. We can always try again for my DD a sister.

Don't know that I ever mentioned it here, but at my last sono my placenta was covering the cervix. It is now up and out of the way! One less thing to worry about on my path to a midwife assisted VBAC. joy.gif

ETA - I put in my two week notice at work last night. Nights just aren't working out for me and our family. I have an interview for a school nurse position tomorrow. I really hope I get it. The hours and holidays would be good for us, I think. It's not quite in line with my envisioned career path, but my family needs me right now. Career ladders can be climbed later.

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#219 of 230 Old 07-28-2011, 09:13 AM
rcr

Hay tear

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#220 of 230 Old 07-29-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks, you guys! I posted our birth story here if anybody has some time. Watch out: it's a novel. blush.gif

Milk8Shake, how are you and your little munchkin doing? blowkiss.gif

lavatea, oh how fun to know the sex and see that everything is ok! I think it's very normal to have hopes one way or another, and I know that you will love your little boy just as much. hug2.gif I'm so glad your placenta moved out of the way! How did your interview go? Good for you for putting your family first! You only get to have this time once.

Lis, oh dear! I'm glad he's doing it lightly. Hopefully he'll find a new way to express himself soon. How are you holding out in this desert of a summer? It RAINED today!!!

rcr, wave.gif How are you doing hon? Always good to see you! goodvibes.gif

ps - ok now I REALLY don't have time to be a good threadmistress. Any takers? loveeyes.gif

Also, Maurine had her baby! Here's her thread with pictures. joy.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#221 of 230 Old 07-29-2011, 02:33 PM

They hired someone else. So for now I'm going part time at my current job (we can't afford for me to be completely out of work) while I look for something that will work better for us as a family.

Off to read the birth stories. Yay for Maurine!

#222 of 230 Old 08-02-2011, 01:23 PM

lavetea, hope you find a great job.

So, I guess since no one is volunteering to do the summer thread, I will. But the summer is almost over, so should I make a summer/autumn thread? What does everyone think?

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#223 of 230 Old 08-04-2011, 08:52 AM

Summer/Autumn sounds good SweetBee. 

I've got an ultrasound pic to share now!  9w1d, just one in there, measuring 9w3d with heartbeat 167 bpm.  joy.gif

scan0001.jpg

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#224 of 230 Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 AM

Woohoo, Kyamo! I have some ultrasound pics, too, but I have to scan them at my mom's house first. smile.gif

#225 of 230 Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Awesome, Kyamo! Glad everything is going well. This means it is my turn soon, right?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24******32***36***40** Oct 2014
#226 of 230 Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Awesome, Kyamo! Glad everything is going well. This means it is my turn soon, right?

Right!!  fingersx.gif for you.  

#227 of 230 Old 08-05-2011, 07:43 AM

So, I've put up the new thread here. Updated to add the 2 new babies in July. Tear and Maurine, let me know if I have anything wrong or you want to add everything.

Kyamo, cute picture! I love the early ultrasounds because you can see so much.

Monkey, hope to add you here soon.

Um, what else. . . I have an appointment on Monday and we might find out the sex if baby cooperates. smile.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#228 of 230 Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Here is P!!  I had an awesome natural hospital birth.  Labor was 4.5 hours (no early labor, just wham! right into 1 min contractions 2 min apart, water broke 20 min later, and we were at the hospital about an hour later already pushing and 9 cm dialated!  I guess my cervix was really "ripe"!)

We're having a hard time with breastfeeding but I think things are getting easier.

A great moment...sitting in a LLL meeting and I run into Miriam there.  I find myself sitting next to this wonderful woman who is carrying twins, and holding my infant son.  Dreams can come true!!  :)

2 hours old_small.jpg

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#229 of 230 Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 PM

What a sweetheart! I'm sure you guys will get into a breastfeeding groove in no time.

Thanks for the update! joy.gif

#230 of 230 Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 AM

SweetBee put up a new thread here.

Tags
Hypnofertility The Leclaire Method The Easy Way For You To Conceive And Carry Your Healthy Baby To F , Hypbirth Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit Dvd , Hypnobabies Home Study Course For Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page