The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread - SPRING Edition - HOORAY, SPRING!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the SPRING 2011 EDITION Thread Mamas!!
Looking forward to adding some of our BSLs to the list over here,
we need some new babies!

This is a spinoff of the Bitter Sushi Ladies Thread over on the TTC board. Some of us have very happily made it to the "other side" and we want to be able to keep track of each other.

Our fellow BSL's that are still on their TTC journey like to check up on us from time to time too - which we really appreciate - since they continue to be in the midst of a sometimes brutal and just "NOT FAIR" TTC journey...

~Our June Baby!~

Congrats to slylives and Welcome Cameron!

Born on June 15th at 9:39pm weighing 9lbs 15oz

~Our April 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Kalamos23, and Welcome Baby Boy!

Born April 28 at ??pm weighing ??lbs ??oz and, ?? inches long

~Our March 2011 Babies~

Congrats to Nanette, Welcome Tristan Alexander and Cael Elijah!

Born March 18th at 6 lbs 11 ounces and 7 lbs 4 ounces respectively

19 and a half inches and 20 and 3/4 inches long

~Our February 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Finnegansmom, and Welcome Henry Beckett!

Born Feb 19 at 4:02am weighing 10lbs 5oz and, 22 inches long

~Our January 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Jessica, and Welcome Asher Kingston!

Born January 20 at 9:18pm weighing 8lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long

~Our December 2010 Baby!~

Congrats to QBear'smama and Welcome Jack Everett

Born on December 17th, 9lbs 2.5 oz, 22 inches long

~Our November 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to KellyTTC#1 and Welcome Hilary and Charlotte

Born on November 11th, Hilary (6 lbs. 11 oz.) and Charlotte (5 lbs. 1 oz)

~Our October 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Carlyle and Welcome Baby Maggie
Born on October 9th, 11 pounds 2 ounces!

Congrats to Lyndzies and Welcome Baby Cadence James
Born on October 15th, 8:43pm, 10 pounds 9 ounces, 22 inches

Congrats to YummyYumYumMama and Welcome Baby Kieran
Born on October 27th, 11:32am, 5 pounds 12 ounces 17 inches

~Our September 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to Maeryn Pearl and Welcome Baby Maeryn Jean
Born on September 27th, 7lbs6oz and 20 in long

~Our August 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to colorbywords and Welcome Baby Emery Oaklynn
Born on August 3rd at 8:46 PM, 8 lbs 11 oz 20.5 inches long

~Our July 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to LZP and Welcome Baby Anna Veronica
Born at 36 weeks on July 18th at 4:04 AM, 7 lbs 2 oz 17.5 inches long

~Our June 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Pinoikoi and Welcome Baby Ursula Marisol
Born on June 23rd at 6:40 AM 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long

Congrats to Lisko15 and Welcome Baby Caleb Benjamin
Born on June 24th at 7:36PM 9 lbs 1 oz, 22 inches long

~Our May 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Jelinifer and Welcome Baby Finnegan Hubert
Born on May 1st, 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/2 inches long

Congrats to jillc512 and Welcome Baby Albert Boaz
Born at home on May 4th at 3:29 pm, 8 lbs 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long

Congrats to Starkyld and Welcome Baby Elliott Marlowe
Born at home May 25th at 9:24AM, 9lbs 8 oz 21 inches long

~Our February 2010 Baby~
Congrats to Lauren31 Welcome Baby 
Born February 7th at 10:40PM, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 1/2 inches long

And the rest of us... still waiting...

Maurine TTC #1 for 1.5 years, due 8/2/11

Tear78 - TTC #1 for 2.5 years and 3 losses, due 8/4/11 

Jane TTC for 2 years with 4 losses and due 10/4

Hykue TTC #1 with 1 loss, due 10/30

millefleur TTC #1 again since 6/09 after 12/08 loss, due October 31st!

miriam_bat_avraham Julie, TTC #1 with DH since 12/08, cautiously due November 28th with twin girls!

Rachel88 TTC #1 for a year with 1 loss, due November 20th

MahnaMahna Dionna, TTC #2 with DH for 18+mos, due at the end of November

lavatea due December ?

Sweet.Bee TTC #2 for a year, due January 15th

Kyamo TTC #1 for 1.5 years, due March 7th

Our thoughts are with
Enigo ~ April 2010 ~
We hope to have you back with us very, very soon.

As always, we are sending a whole lot of to you Ladies over on BSL Proper.
PLEASE GET OVER HERE to keep us company!!!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#2 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

ok, maybe this will give me the boost to be a better poster. smile.gif If at any point I'm doing a bad job, anybody feel free to take over. upsidedown.gif Rachel, miriam, millefleur, and Jane, can you ladies please help me with the front page info? Nanette, thinking about you hon! Can't wait to update your boys and welcome them to the world!!!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#3 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#4 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 09:44 AM

Thank you Tear!
This makes stalking you so much easier!!

I'm "ttc for 2 years with 4 losses and due 10/4". Or however you wanna phrase that.

You know who maternity peeps mark you as G/P-gravida/para?
To show your number of pregnancies and births. I get a look.
I'm G5/P0. They check the sheet to see if they were abortions or miscarriages, then I get this big look of pity. It's kinda irritating and amusing st the same time.

I missed my Nuchal ultrasound due to a birth. I can't think of a better reason, but now I have to wait til Tuesday.

Imagine me during the birth... All gloved up, getting ready to catch this baby. And the nausea! So I keep asking my assistant to feed me another ginger snap. Poor mama. She's trying to push out a kid and her midwife is, crunch, crunch, crunch. I apologized profusely afterwards.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#5 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Thanks Tear! love.gif

millefleur, TTC #1 again since 6/09 after 12/08 loss, EDD October 31st!

#6 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 PM

#7 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 04:10 PM

I never have posted on the BSL thread, because I didn't end up trying for too long . . . but I stalked it a lot because I fully expected to end up there.  I just wanted to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you all, and specifically to you MBA.  You always struck me as being so positive and supportive of everyone else, and I think you deserve this greatly.  And I keep meaning to tell you, Jane, I'm very pleased to be in your DDC, I appreciate your knowledge and kindness.  I don't know if it's weird to stalk BSLs without ever having joined the thread, but I do whether it's weird or not.  I have a sliding scale of BFP hopes, with the people who have been trying the longest at the top of my hope list, so I'm always really happy when one of you gets a BFP!  Furthermore, Millefleur, you're due the day after me, and MBA, you're due the day after my sister.  I hope all of us have delightful pregnancies with healthy squirmy chubby babies at the end!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#8 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 04:12 PM
LZP

Seeing all of these recent grads is just filling up my heart!!! Congrats to all of you mamas!!  We're thrilled to have you here. 

Congrats to millefleur joy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifbouncy.giflol.gif

Julieflowersforyou.gifjumpers.gifblowkiss.gif

Rachelbiggrinbounce.gifpartytime.gifbanana.gifenergy.gif

Jane   broc1.gifblueman.gif carrot.gifthumb.gif

Tear, thanks for taking over the thread!! I am the queen of all flakes lately, and could not trusted to maintain it. I'm sure you'll do great! 

Lisko and Jessica, thanks for the encouragement!

Nanette- I hope that you are recovering well, I;m sure your boys are beautiful and healthy! Cant wait till you are feeling well enough to share some pics! Maybe you did in the pregnancy thread.... will go look soon.

AV seems to be a pro again, and my supply is in recovery, and coming back well... the thought of weaning at 8 months had me really upset, so I'm glad that it didnt happen. I was NOT ready, and AV doesnt seem like she sees any end in sight either!

I think the CLC test went well. As with any test, there were a few that I was really unsure of, so I made it a point to go back and look at the info after the test.  I'm excited to see how I did, and start using it IRL. Much of the info was actually helpful in bringing my supply back up too, so the timing worked out I guess.

Oh! Dinner is ready! DH cooked tonight. YAY! talk soon all.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#9 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks Tear, for giving us a new thread! You'll do fine with it... and maybe it will make you post just a tiny bit more so we can keep track of you! wink1.gif

Nanette - My thoughts are with you, DH, DS1, and those 2 little baby DSs! I hope all went well and we can't wait to see your beautiful chubby twins! orngbiggrin.gif

And Julie... I checked the thread today, and I saw your little "cough" post... and I was so excited!!! Granted, I don't believe we've ever posted to each other, but I was so, so, so happy to see you get a BFP! clap.gifenergy.gif I was lurking a bit throughout the bit of drama on the other board over the past week or so, and I was really feeling for you. So YIPPEE to have over here!!!!

Okay, I thought I'd have more time, but Caleb is having an OFF nap day, so I better get going.

PS - Liz - So glad to hear AV is nursing great again! We aren't ready to wean here either!!!!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#10 of 230 Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 PM

Yay another BFP!!! Congrats Julie! I do love a BSL graduate!

Thank you Tear for the new thread, I agree it will make keeping track of you a little easier lol

Nanette, good luck dearie! I hope your well :) 

AFM-  I had a moment about a week ago where I just looked at him and was like Ah your here your here and I had a very happy cry. I think I could finally breathe a sigh of relief. So I'm enjoying him and my family. I think we are complete. 

In Asher news, we've got social smiles!!

smiles.jpg

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#11 of 230 Old 03-20-2011, 08:29 AM

Can you update my front page bio to: Pregnant with #2 after 3 losses, due 6/11.

Thanks!

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#12 of 230 Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 AM

#13 of 230 Old 03-20-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Thank you Tear!
This makes stalking you so much easier!!

Sheepish.gif In my defense, I really haven't been posting much of anywhere. That's a defense, right? hm.... To be honest, I'm really really excited to see the pregnant contingency on this thread expanding for the obvious exciting thrilled reason that you ladies are pregnant, but also so I have people to share this experience with at the same time. upsidedown.gif I really, truly, just don't feel like I fit in at my DDC. I can't click...my experience up to this point was just too different from most of them. I feel more of a kinship to my infertility and loss ladies, but I have this personal mental block against posting there often because I'm so aware and afraid of my potential to make someone's hard day harder with my blessing. And I absolutely ADORE my mamas here which is where I've done most of my lurking and posting (believe it or not) but it's really nice to have other pregnant ladies who "get it" to hang out with. Like, to be able to complain about symptoms but also hear an appreciation for what a blessing it all is. Does that make any sense? Anyway, hope that was all ok to say.

And Jane, your ginger snap story left me laughing and hungry. lol...thanks. I can't imagine being in that position...at all....let alone nauseous.

miriam, don't worry about Halloween, you can still dress your little one up as a turkey...or a little snowflake. hm....the possibilities. I'm so thrilled for you, and I totally TOTALLY get it with feeling like it's unreal. I still sometimes find myself waiting for the other shoe to drop, but in those moments I just force myself to think positive and focus on the most recent OB pregnancy update proof I have. It's helped recently that I can feel her kicking daily. Will you get to have early ultrasounds? Those really held my sanity.

millefleur, another YAY that you're here and we get to do this together! How are you feeling?

Hykue, thank you for your support, and you're absolutely welcome! Slide up a chair and make yourself cozy. loveeyes.gif Congratulations!

LZP, wave.gif. blowkiss.gif I'm so glad that your supply has started up again and you seem to be feeling better. Remind me was the test was for again? (from your princess of all flakes)

Lis, thank you for always nudging me gently when I slide into lurkland. I'm so glad to have your support and love! I'll do my best to keep connected here from now on. love.gif I hope Caleb went to sleep finally!

jessica, what an adorable smile!!! Thanks for sharing. smile.gif I'm so glad that you're breathing a sigh of relief. Enjoy that little wiggly bundle!

slylives, how are you feeling? you've been really quiet like me. I think I remember you mentioning that you were also feeling a bit "lost" in MDC?

Maurine, how are you hun? I totally giggled when you said our kiddos should meet up IRL. Did you know I used to live in Boston and I go there to visit my friends a few times a year? You're not a teacher are you? I forget....My best friend told me a story the other day about her work colleague that made me think maybe she knows you. Wouldn't that be weird? Check in!

Kalamos, are you still lurking? You're coming up on your due date!

wave.gif to all our other mama grads! Come post pictures!!! orngbiggrin.gif

afm, well I just finished report cards, which have been the biggest culprit for keeping me confined and quiet for the past three weekend. irked.gif They're so freaking time consuming! But they're DONE! joy.gif Our little girl is kicking me like crazy this morning, and every time I tell DH to run over and try to feel, she stops. lol... Carlyle, you said that would happen. He is getting really antsy to finally feel her, and I feel like it'll be any day now. It is so unbelievably reassuring to feel her kicking around. Keep it up little one! And now, I'm off to the shower and an afternoon off. yippeeeeeee!!! Thanks for pulling me out of lurkland, ladies! blowkiss.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#14 of 230 Old 03-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Stalker alert!!!!!!

Miriam - Congrats girl!!!!! joy.gif I was just over here stalking some and saw your great news and I'm so excited for you!!!!  Here's to a happy, healthy 9months or however more you have to go!!! champagne.gif  Don't worry, I'll drink it since now you won't be able to!!! That is a good problem to have, I think!!! Take care!!!

Tear -  Just wanted to say hi since I was over here checking in on you and Maurine!!!hug.gif  Have to make sure my two girls are doing well!!!!!  LOL... our boys used to kick me all the time too and DH only got to feel it a couple of times, but it is the weirdest thing, isn't it!!!!

Maurine - See my beginning post for Tear above!!!!  Hope all is going well with you and your little guy!!!!  Sending you hugs as well.  hug.gif

Anyone heard anything from Nanette?????? I'm sure she is busy and I was just hoping & praying that all went smoothly!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#15 of 230 Old 03-20-2011, 11:50 PM

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been Mia I am soooo busy! Tristan Alexander and Cael Elijah were born at 37 weeks on march 18, 2011 weighing in at 6 lbs 11 ounces and 7 lbs 4 ounces respectively. 19 and a half inches and 20 and 3/4 inches long! I have a fabulous birth story, but gotta nurse right now, and I will post later today.

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#16 of 230 Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 AM

#17 of 230 Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Wow I take a weekend off and there is a whole new thread!

Tear – Thanks for the thread! My EDD is Nov 20.

MBA – I am so happy to see you here and also really stoked we are in the same DDC.

Jane – I will never look at ginger snaps the same way again! This story cracked me up. Not that feeling sick is funny it’s just . . . what a situation!

Jessica – What an adorable little face.

Nanette – Yay for your beautiful healthy baby boys. I can’t wait to hear the birth story!joy.gif

So sorry if I missed anyone. There was a lot to catch up on!

AFM - I am basically vacillating between being terrified and elated. On the one hand I am so excited to be pregnant but on the other I am so sure that this can’t be happening for me and something will go wrong. I was talking to my SIL yesterday and she is due a little over one month before I am. She wants to have a joint baby shower with the family and I LOVE that idea I just feel . . . almost like a liar or a fake. Part of me says “you can’t plan a baby shower. There is no way you will still be pregnant by then!”  Ug! Then I am angry at myself for not just being happy.

I am a crunchy, opinionated, Christian woman. Happily married to DH since 7/07. Mom to DD rainbow1284.gif born 11/23/11 and furbaby Taj (our 10 yr. old border collie)
Missing DD "Summer"  angel3.gif m/c 8/10. Expecting LO #2 belly.gifEDD 09/19/13!

#18 of 230 Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 PM

NANETTE omg!!!!!!!! what news to come back to, having been away for what seems like FOREVER! i can't wait to read the birth story; must sign up for e-mail notifications on this thread or something!

a big CONGRATULATIONS to all the mamas of new babies born since i last checked in, and another big CONGRATULATIONS to all the preggos who moved over here. major squee! maurine & miriam, am i right in remembering that you guys are in the greater boston area? maybe we'll do a playdate sometime... anyway, major welcome to the preggos, so glad you are here!

i am totally behind ... as usual. things are going okay here; battling extremely severe PPD/related issues as well as chronic pain, but things are improving. i think. K will be 5 months old on sunday! he just rolled over for the first time this past weekend, back to belly. he is such a mellow, happy, SILLY baby. he absolutely adores his big sister (she's 3) and is a massive flirt, especially in grocery stores and elevators. specifically with older women.

i hope everyone is doing well! i will catch up more later. email notifications FTW. smooches!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#19 of 230 Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

blueyezz, great to see you! blowkiss.gif Sending you tons of good thoughts!!!

Nanette, yahoooooooo!!! I can't wait for the birth story and the pics! I'm so glad that everything is going well with you and your little ones, and that you seem to be feeling really positive about the whole thing. Happy nursing! joy.gif

Rachel, I totally understand how you're feeling. I think you're totally justified in wanting to take your time emotionally. Take care of yourself and enjoy your little one!

YYYM, good to see you too!!! Your little K sounds like a cutie pie! I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky. Keep us posted with more details!

ok, I have to run: I just battled with serious post-editing code issues, but after almost erasing the whole first post I think I got the updates done. Sheepish.gif Please let me know if something looks funny!

Remembering our 3 losses

#20 of 230 Old 03-21-2011, 07:09 PM

I am sorry, I posted on the other thread! Thanks, Tear for taking over! I am so happy for you :) I understand about feeling disconnected from your DDC. I had like 3000 posts in TTC, so you can see where my heart was. I do the AP stuff, I just never felt a connection anywhere else.

I also wanted to say, Congratulations to Julie! So happy you get to come on this motherhood journey! I have been thinking about you a lot lately, and here you are, pregnant!!!! You are going to be a wonderful, mama!!!!

Nanette, can't wait to hear about your baby! All that matters is that the babies and you are healthy :) Congratulations! I hope your nursing is going well, as I know it was important to you!

AFM- DD is 14 months old, still nursing, just had her first sickness, but is definitely on the mend. :) I love love love being a mom. Makes me kind of excited to start trying for the next one. whistling.gif hahaha jk- not for another year.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#21 of 230 Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 PM

#22 of 230 Old 03-22-2011, 11:36 AM

Hi Everyone!

I know I've been MIA.  I have read the thread a couple times but never had time to reply. 

A big congrats to all of the recent BFPs.  I love reading about fellow IVFers who have finally made it to the other side!  Big hugs to all!

Nanette: congrats on the twins.  I'm looking forward to reading more when you have time to post!!

I can't believe my girls are 4 1/2 months now... so much fun!

Here's a recent photo.  Have to run to get cyring baby... will write more soon

H&CMarch12-2.jpg

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#23 of 230 Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM

#24 of 230 Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Blue - So good to see you over here saying hello!  PM me with how you're doing, ok? 

MBA - YAY!  I already sent you a big congrats.  Thanks for the PM.  We've been terribly busy lately and I haven't been on MDC too much--so I missed it all!  But a big YAY!

Tear - I am feeling you on the DDC thing.  I mean, I like them a lot, and I even post often, but I don't feel it's as much of a "shared journey" as infertility was.  Is that weird?  Anyway, you are more than welcome to start a thread (if you're up to it) for those with infertility.  Or not...are we the only 2?

Nanette - Congrats!!!  I am glad your boys are healthy and you are happy.

YYYM - Good to see you again.  Yup, I am in the Boston area.  We should definitely get together with MBA.  Three of us in different stages.  One with a 5 month old, one at 21 weeks pregnant, and one newly pregnant!

AFM - Baby Boy kicks daily now.  He definitely has sleep cycles.  DH felt him a while back, and now we're hoping to see him move!  Sometimes I think when I lift my shirt to look, he gets still from the sudden light.  I am feeling good.  Not great, but better than 1st tri!  I have back and groin pain.  Getting a massage next week, so we'll see how that goes.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#25 of 230 Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hi All:

Just posting to subscribe to the new thread. I love seeing all the new babies and hearing about how they are doing (kicking already, Maurine)! Congrats Nanette! I think you made the best decision - I would have done the same thing.

Hugs and kisses to all of you!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#26 of 230 Old 03-23-2011, 08:35 PM

#27 of 230 Old 03-25-2011, 03:20 PM

Ok I'm back! Hopefully I have some time to type my long birth story before the boys wake up from their nap! 

Congrats to Miriam and everyone else who has recently joined the graduate thread!! I'm going to be rooting you all on, and praying for some more ++ coming up from the BSL proper! :) So went into the hospital for the section on Friday (37 weeks gestation). Per my previous post, both babies were still breech, my platelet count kept decreasing, and the words general anesthesia kept floating out of my OB's mouth, so I could have chanced it, and taken the risk that my platelet count (which was at 104) could drop below 100, and then have to get a c-section with general anesthesia, OR, go ahead and get the section at 37 weeks with a spinal. I chose the latter. I'm glad I did, my platelet count was at 118 when I went in for the section and 101 when they tested me the next day. I think the anesthesiologist might not have wanted to chance it, had he seen it that low.

ANYWAY, I got in for the section at 3, my doula, DH and mom at my side, but an emergency came up with my OB, so I didn't actually end up going in until like 5 (talk about starving! I hadn't eaten anything since 5:30am!!!) My OB, knowing me, bent every single hospital rule. He allowed me to breastfeed in the OR, and had the lactation consultant scrub up and made sure when he draped the curtain he had it low enough that it wouldn't interfere. He let my doula into the OR along with my DH, which was prior to pretty unheard of, especially with a twin section, where there's already a million people in there- She was able to take pictures, and watch over the nurses to make sure no one administered eye goop or vitamin K :) I have a lot of great pictures. I got both babies latched on and suckling for about 20 minutes each in the OR, they were so good!! The poor doc (who is like the best in our area for sections, the director of the huge OB/GYN practice, and very natural birth friendly) accidentally sewed a sponge into my uterus, and when they did the sponge count, realized they were one short, he had to re-open me and fish around in there for it- kinda scary for everyone. Other than that, the actual section went off without a hitch.

Neither of the boys went to the nursery after that, they just followed me right into recovery per my instructions. Even though the babies scored 9 and 8 on their Apgars, Tristan began having respiratory issues once we got to recovery. I knew it was nothing, I told the resident ped, I thought it was likely just fluid in his lungs from the section. Well my pediatrician decided to go on vacation last week and not let me know, so even though my birth plan said no pediatric residents, here I was stuck with a paranoid one. They took him to the nursery. I didn't hear back from him for another hour or so, when he came to tell us that the breathing rate had decreased a little but was still in the 80s. He wanted to administer antibiotics (PRIOR TO EVEN GETTING BLOOD TESTS!!!) I pretty much screamed at him, and told the Charge nurse I wanted to see the Attending RIGHT NOW. She said he wasn't at the hospital, and I said I didn't care, and I wanted him here now. So she had to call him in. He was pissed to be called out of his bed to deal with this, agreeing with everything his resident said, and I absolutely refused to do antibiotics until we got the full scope of blood tests back to see about sepsis.

The next argument came when they wouldn't let me BF him because they were afraid of aspiration. (I didn't learn until after we were discharged that even if a baby aspirates breast milk, because it is a bodily fluid, it is simply reabsorbed and wouldn't cause infection- GAH!!) So they inserted an NG tube and wanted me to pump 30 ml (THIRTY ML!) of Colostrum for him every 3 hours!! While nursing another child!!!! I was so upset- they told me if I couldn't, they would have to give him formula. I advised them if they gave him anything but Breastmilk, they'd be facing a lawsuit. My doula got a hold of the local donor bank, but no one was available until the next morning, so she called her best friend, who was nursing a 3 month old, to bring in some of her breast milk. OMG, when I told the nurses and the pediatrician they freaked. Not screened etc etc. Well we made them call the legal department and guess what? They had to let him have it :) I just signed a consent, and the mama brought the breast milk at 1am that morning! The next morning the bank sent over 30 ounces!!! To make a long story short, he was in the nursery for an entire day and a half before they allowed me to start nursing him again. DH and I took turns with Kangaroo care and skin to skin the entire time. He latched like a champ, and was allowed to return to our room, because guess what- his tests were all negative (oh and they ran a urine screen on him for illegal drugs, because the doctor said he was "jittery"- the a**hole) no sepsis, no drugs, just a healthy baby with a little fluid in his lungs.

We were discharged the very next day, but before that, the attending came in with all his residents, and had my DH and I talk to them about what Kangaroo care was, what skin to skin was and why I was so adamant about those things, and breastfeeding. He admitted he thinks the skin to skin and kangaroo care helped him recover so quickly (duhhh)and complimented me on breastfeeding twins so successfully and said I should win an award (trying to suck up after putting us through all that sh$% if you ask me). Anyway, that's that- we pissed everyone off, got away with everything we wanted, and I'm sure everyone was happy to see us leave lol- But hey we're home, we're healthy and that's what's important.

Tristan and Cael 6 days old.jpg ok just in time babies r up! Ill catch up with personals when i can!!

Wife (32) of 8 years to DH (33), Mom to Logan geek.gif (7), and Tristan and Cael, twins.gif the wee ones, born 3/18/11! And OMW a surprise babyf.gif due 2/2013!
#28 of 230 Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Nanette - You go girl....way to stand your ground!!!!!  So glad to read your story and that both boys and you are all doing well!!!!  How are you feeling?  You didn't mention that!!!  They are both beautiful!!!  Congrats!!!  Can you tell them apart???  My husband is a triplet and his mother said she would put a dab of nail polish on one of their fingers to tell them apart.  I'm sure you could use something else, but I thought that was kinda a cute idea.  Take care!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#29 of 230 Old 03-26-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

WOW, NANETTE! What a story!!! Way to go, honey! Your boys are absolutely precious, and I"m glad that they're both doing well. I second the request though, how are you doing? Thanks for sharing!

Remembering our 3 losses

#30 of 230 Old 03-28-2011, 10:14 AM

I just HAD to pop in to congratulate the latest ladies to pop over here from BSL proper!  Woohoo, Julie!  I will definitely be checking in on all of you. 

Tear - so excited to see that you're more than halfway, now!  Hope you are enjoying the second trimester!

AND, way to go, Nanette (and a big welcome to Tristan and Cael!).  That is a crazy story; so proud of you for standing your ground.  Let us know how you're feeling, for sure.  I know recovery can be tough...

Kelly - Those girls are just TOO precious!  Thank you for sharing photos!

Lauren - second'ing the whole "OMG!  14 MONTHS??!"  Time FLIES, woman!

YYYM - hi lady!  I'm so sorry to read that you were dealing w/ PPD issues.  I hope it is all sorting itself out, and that you're well.

LZP - hiya to you, too!  Glad to read that your supply is back up!  Way to go, AV.  And, fingers crossed that you aced the CLC test!

Jessica - Asher is such a little flirt!  Love the smile. 

I'm sorry I'm missing so many!  But I do follow along, and love keeping up with everyone's experiences (and, seeing pics of the wee ones as they arrive!  So exciting!!!)

AFM - Cady, DP and I are doing well!  I can't believe she is already 5.5 months!  Time really does go so quickly with a little one.  I always knew that was what people said about the passage of time, but it's really crazy when you're actually experiencing it!

She continues to have a great temperament. She doesn't sleep through the night anymore, but usually only wakes once to eat (and often doesn't even fully wake).  She's in a crib in her own room, so it does mean getting up to feed her, but I don't mind.  Honestly, even though I'm blurry-eyed and half-asleep while doing it, I am trying to cherish those moments alone with her. 

She is pretty  much exclusively breastfed, still.  We introduced some solids (she was totally ready) but she doesn't eat with any regularity.  Just for the experience of it, not for nutrition.  Which seems to be fine, because she is continuing to thrive and grow like a weed!  We had an interim weigh-in last Friday, and the chunker was 18lbs, 11oz (clothes on)!  I'm interested to see what her official 6 month weigh-in will be.  :-)

We sort of started talking with our donor about #2.  He's still "thinking about it."  Fingers crossed.  We would LOVE to start TTC #2 in the fall/winter, and we'd really like to use the same donor.

Not much else to report.  I started writing for Offbeat Mama once a month, so that's been fun.  And, I'm really keeping up with the blogging, so please feel free to keep up with us there, too!  Here's some recent pics of the Little Miss.

foot.jpg

lemonlips.jpg

cadyvsbanana.jpg

morning light.jpg

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Tags
Hypnofertility The Leclaire Method The Easy Way For You To Conceive And Carry Your Healthy Baby To F , Hypbirth Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit Dvd , Hypnobabies Home Study Course For Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page