The Whatever Ladies Graduate! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 407 Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I am hoping it continues to fly. really working on building my confidence up for a vaginal delivery. A lot hinges on me going into labor on my own. I think if I can manage that, then it will be down hill from there. My C/S with DS was largely due to induction, and his malposition - I really think if he had been in a better position, my labor would have gone entirely differently.

The VBAC is totally worth it, I believe in you too. :)  For me it wasn't until Ben was crowning that I finally realized that I was actually going to give birth (pushed and pushed with no progress with my daughter). And then there was a baby all of a sudden, crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

My baby is here! She's so adorable :) I wish I knew how to post pics.........I have them on my facebook - but I don't really have any photobucket or whatever accounts? I had her on the 7th at 38 weeks and 2 days (depending on when I ovulated - it was a really freaking weird cycle). 

Akind1 - this was my second VBAC and everything went really well :) Going into labor on your own is what I think will make all the difference. My first c-section was an induction at 38 weeks 2 days because I was suddenly measuring smaller (my fundus or whatever). Even though the baby was not stressed and my amniotic fluid was fine.......ugh! Stupid docs.

Anyways - second one I went into labor on my own and same with this one and it turned out awesome! Fight a c-section with everything you have - cause recovery is SOOOOO much better with a vaginal birth!!!!!

Awesome, congratulations on your daughter! I would be interested in how the second VBAC was different from the first if you have time. Is labor/pushing faster with the second?

Ben has hit a growth spurt and it's exhausting - if I'm not feeding him he is sleeping on me (he doesn't like to sleep by himself). Hopefully we are back to "normal" soon. Kindergarten registration is next week and I'm busy trying to get appointments taken care of that I've been putting off. I take dd to the dentist tomorrow and she goes in next week for her 5-year old appointment to get her vision and hearing checked (required for registration). We also are having car problems and have to drop it off at the shop tomorrow. 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 407 Old 04-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Carrie ~ I am getting such a kick out of your names. They are so much like our names. I was going to tell you that I like Logan Dax better than Nolan Dax but now you've got other names that I like even more. My ds3 is named Kellen. I had never heard that name until dh came across it. Since then I have seen one other person on one of my co-op boards with a ds named Kellen. Have yet to meet anyone IRL with that name. I don't know Twilight so had no idea there was a character from that with the same name. I like all those K names. My dh found Kian (Key-an) this time. We both really like it but I think it's too close to Kellen.

Oh how funny!! lol.gif

The only one DH likes from that list is Kieran (which I'm ok with b/c I like that one the best).  I just can't believe it's as low as it is on the SSA site.  I feel like it should come up a lot more common!  It's been in the 500+ range for the past 10 years.  Really?  I mean, I just don't think it's THAT unusual!  

I left Nicolas Dax off the list before by mistake.  Maybe my subconscious was trying to tell me it isn't the right name? LOL!  I just love the nn Nico.  I think it's cute!!

The twilight reference (not that you really care) is just the actors name in the movie franchise.  Not even a character from the book, so TOTALLY not a big deal.  He's not even famous, really.  Just a guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
  Ben has hit a growth spurt and it's exhausting - if I'm not feeding him he is sleeping on me (he doesn't like to sleep by himself). Hopefully we are back to "normal" soon. Kindergarten registration is next week and I'm busy trying to get appointments taken care of that I've been putting off. I take dd to the dentist tomorrow and she goes in next week for her 5-year old appointment to get her vision and hearing checked (required for registration). We also are having car problems and have to drop it off at the shop tomorrow. 

That does sound tiring!  I hope you are back to what resembles normal soon.  Good luck at the dentist and the eye dr!!  Wow, kindergarten.  They sure grow up fast.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#243 of 407 Old 04-14-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:

Leia (Is that how you spell that?) is a very pretty name. Our girl name was Kailea. One reason I liked it was because we could use Lea (Lay-ah) as a nickname. I agree that the original Star Wars probably isn't popular enough for people to make that connection much.

Really??  Because this video is taken seriously in my circles.  thumb.gif  And Hannah's conversation starter when she meets new kids these days is usually, "Do you like Star Wars?"  I'd estimate 9 out of 10 kids she talks to have a definite opinion on it, the vast majority positive.  Maybe it's just my circles and the kids on the playground only know the cartoon?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#244 of 407 Old 04-15-2011, 05:10 AM

Annie congrats on a wonderful birth! I am sure she is lovely! I agree, would love name and stats.

Carrie: I like Kieran the best of the K names. But I think anything with Dax as a middle name will sound awesome.

MW: hope you feel better soon. I don't have any secrets of staying well; I am fortunate I just don't get sick often, and when I do it doesn't last long or tend to be severe. Now DS is covered in drool and (clear) snot at the moment, so I think another tooth or teeth may be on their way. thankfully he doesn't tend to sickness either. Now DH, he does. He is getting better at heading it off by taking a whole lot of essential oils and OJ. but he is far more prone to it. I don't know if it is genetics or the fact that DS isn't vax'd at all, and I wasn't vaxed on schedule (not due to any conviction at the time of my mom, just she wasn't very good at keeping up with it when I was small. I didn't get really caught up until I went to school, and by that time, I think your body is better able to handle the vaccines, and I had a good 4 years or so to build up more natural immunity.) could be either one though. or a combination of the two.

Thanks for the positive thoughts on the VBAC. I know in my head I can do it, I just got to get it through to my emotional side as well. Still trying to decide on a birthing class/philosophy. Don't think I will do Bradley (I read the book last time though) trying to decide between hypnobirthing/hypnobabies, birthing from within, and perhaps the natural childbirth in a day class that is offered locally. And when to start?

JJ: how are you doing? enjoying some rest time? did you get through to a midwife?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#245 of 407 Old 04-15-2011, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Really??  Because this video is taken seriously in my circles.  thumb.gif  And Hannah's conversation starter when she meets new kids these days is usually, "Do you like Star Wars?"  I'd estimate 9 out of 10 kids she talks to have a definite opinion on it, the vast majority positive.  Maybe it's just my circles and the kids on the playground only know the cartoon?

lol.gif Nerd! We have all 6 Star Wars movies and have watched all of them but the Clone Wars is what's big with my boys. I think we have almost every Legos Star Wars Clone Wars kit there is. DS2 gets so disappointed when he tells a relative he wants Clone Wars stuff for a gift and they get the original. I don't know that their friends like it very much. I don't hear them talking about Star Wars at all.

DS1 got into I-III when he was around 10yo or so. I think that's when they started coming out. He never got into IV-VI. I think it's funny to watch I-III and then try to go back and watch IV-VI. Anyway, my point is that my boys know and love Annakin and young Obi Wan (can't remember how to spell that) and Padme but not Luke and Leia (I'll never get that one straight.) very much. Annakin was actually a suggested name for this baby. It does meet my criteria.

lyterae ~ I've had 2 VBACs so far and they were both almost exactly the same. Oddly, the only thing that was really different (aside from one being a hospital birth and one being a homebirth) was that the fist one was induced. Both lasted a total of about 12 hours with relatively easy labor for the first 10 hours. The last 2 hours were very, very hard but pushing went relatively quickly and easily, I think. It wasn't just 10 minutes of pushing but it wasn't hours, either. I don't really know how long that part took but it's included in my full 12 hour labor. In other words, I didn't have 12 hours of labor and then pushing. I had 12 hours of labor including pushing.

There were differences in the pushing stages with #1 and #2. Since I was induced with #1 I ended up getting an epi so the nurse had to tell me when to push. Then it was that, "PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!" crap you see in movies and on TV all the time. That really irks me if I think about it too much because there was my dh holding up one leg cheering me on thinking he was helping and doing the right thing. He's probably pretty proud of himself for doing that but it's so not how things should be done. But, I digress.

With #2 at home the pushing was much more peaceful and relaxed. I pushed for a while until ds3's head came out and then everything stopped for a couple of minutes. We were both just hanging out in the water. I've got a shot of his little face looking up through the water on video. It's really cool. Everyone was calm and just waited. After a minute or two of a rest the rest of his body came out and that was that. The pushing came automatically. There was no conscious thought or action from anyone that it was time to push. My body just started doing it and then I thought about it.

ETA: AnnieA ~ I keep forgetting to say drink lots and lots of water. That's supposed to help with swelling. I can't attest to it because I never drink enough but that's what they say.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#246 of 407 Old 04-15-2011, 02:08 PM

Congratulations Annie! joy.gif

I'm next I think! winky.gif It'll be a while yet though.

Vitamin D didn't work for me either. I took it all winter and still got sick. Thanks for the suggestion though.

My parents are visiting this weekend so I don't have time to say much else. Hope everyone is doing well.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#247 of 407 Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM

Yay Annie!! Can't wait to see pictures!

No rest time for me yet... but it is VERY nice to know that I'm done school. Still crazy work though. I'm ready for vacation, but I don't have any paid time, and while I could certainly use the unpaid, I only have ten days... so I kind of want to wait to use it until further into the pregnancy just in case I -neeeed- time off.

I'm feeling much better about the pregnancy in general though. I took another test yesterday morning, and it took 15 seconds from the dropper to a gorgeous dark dark fuschia line. THe control line didn't even show up for another minute. And I'm feeling hella sick, so while I walk through the day going 'oh gosh, how do I deal with this for another couple months'... I also feel like symptoms are a good sign, you know?

No word from the midwives, but I was told that they're behind on intake, and it may be a few more weeks, but that nothing has been decided yet. I'm still in the running. Trying to take a deep breath. I'm trying to keep myself relaxed about it, but at the very least i was able to narrow down the OB I would like to use if I have to use one. I just hope she's accepting patients if I need...

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#248 of 407 Old 04-16-2011, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

JJ ~ I'm glad you're feeling better about things. Symptoms can definitely bring peace of mind even while you are feeling miserable. What is the criteria for being seen by a midwife? Do OBs do homebirths?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#249 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 04:55 AM

Happy Sunday morning, ladies! caffix.gif

JJ - What a pain you're still waiting.  I hope you get answers soon.  And hooray for feeling like crud!  

AFM - still no word about DH's bloodwork.  I'm planning to call tmw midday if I haven't heard anything by then, just to check in w/my mw anyway and let her know we are anxiously awaiting the results.  that way she calls as soon as she has them.  I think I've pretty much convinced myself (maybe in a desperate way not to get my hopes up) that the worst case scenario is going to happen.  That way if its anything less it'll be a huge relief.  

I'm beginning to get more excited than nervous over this little guy's birth/my labor.  I'm glad we as pregnant women have so much time to wrap our heads around what's imminent, b/c at the beginning of this pg I was just a wreck thinking about natural labor again.  But now I'm kind of excited.  I hope it's faster than last time and less crazy.  I want to be more present and less panicked.  I think working on those things mentally beforehand will help, and if not, well, oh well.  I tried.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#250 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 06:46 AM

Baby_Cakes, it's funny that you mention that you are getting more excited and less nervous about labor. I'm feeling the opposite but that's probably because I haven't experienced labor before myself. So I'm getting pretty nervous about what I've gotten myself into! I'm working on coming up with positive affirmations though and I'm doing a lot of work with my DH so that he is able to help me with what I'll need. He's done 4 natural labors and deliveries before (w/his ex) so I'm working with him to remind him that women are different and will need different things in labor. 

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#251 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ Are you taking any classes other than the ones offered by hospitals? Those aren't really classes that help with labor. They are just for informing everyone of hospital procedures and making sure everyone is preregistered.

I was really nervous about labor in the beginning. I was even questioning whether or not I could do another homebirth. I have now gotten pretty much over that. I wouldn't say that I'm getting excited about labor but I'm not terrified like I was before.
Quote:
I want to be more present and less panicked. I think working on those things mentally beforehand will help, and if not, well, oh well. I tried.

This is how I feel about it. A big thing for me to keep in mind is that, no matter what happens, no one is a failure.

So, I've gained 20 lbs. now. I guess I can give up the idea of only gaining 25 total. I've got about 16 weeks left to go so I guess it will be my usual 35 lbs. Oh, and I realized I was wrong before. I gained 30 lbs with ds1 but about 45 lbs. with ds2 and ds3.

#252 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:

So, I've gained 20 lbs. now. I guess I can give up the idea of only gaining 25 total. 

I'm not trying to poke fun at all but this seriously cracked me up!!  I've gained 21 lbs (at 22.5 weeks) and I too guess I should give up on that 25 lb gain I was hoping for!  

I'll honestly be ok with 40 or 45.  Anything higher than that and I might cry a bit!  

My sister is hoping to make it to 36 weeks (with her history of PTL, she most likely wont) but her FB status was something like "It's going to be a long 13 weeks." b/c she's on modified bedrest. My jaw dropped!  We have the same EDD!  Only 13 weeks til term!?  I'll be clear for my hb in 13 weeks!  Ack!  I better start realizing there's A BABY COMING SOON!

#253 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

That does seem soon, Carrie. Wow!

Since I started out this time 10 lbs heavier than when I got pg with ds2 and ds3 and 20 lbs overweight in general, gaining 45 lbs. would really upset me. That's why I was shooting for the lower weight gain. I can deal with 30-35 lbs. but not more.

#254 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:

That does seem soon, Carrie. Wow!

Since I started out this time 10 lbs heavier than when I got pg with ds2 and ds3 and 20 lbs overweight in general, gaining 45 lbs. would really upset me. That's why I was shooting for the lower weight gain. I can deal with 30-35 lbs. but not more.

hug2.gif Hopefully it doesn't add up to more than 35.  I get how you feel.

Can I post some belly pics?  Almost 23 weeks!

2011-04-17142854-1.jpg?t=1303066097

2011-04-17142942-1.jpg?t=1303067055

#255 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, now that looks like a pg belly! I don't feel so big anymore. I thought I was way bigger than expected but I guess not. winky.gif

#256 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 PM

So DH & I opened the envelope this morning & it's another GIRL!!!  love.gif  

I'm already at 25 lbs gained & I'm 24 weeks.  I was hoping for a 35 lb gain total, but it looks like I'll be going over that.  eyesroll.gif  

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#257 of 407 Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Congratualtions, Shannon! I don't think I ever said it but I had a feeling you had another girl in there. I can't remember ever having a feeling one way or another about what someone else is having. Maybe it's because I saw you the other day. So, should we start calling her Princess? orngtongue.gif

#258 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 04:45 AM

Congrats Shannon! any name ideas?

I am hoping to gain no more than 25 lbs . . .at almost 17 weeks I have gained 8 so far. I don't remember my weight gain pattern with DS, but I only gained 25 lbs with him. I am overweight by a long shot, so 25 is the most the experts-that-be recommend. However, none of my HCP with DS or this pregnancy have mentioned my weight at all. I suppose they might if I had rapid weight gain that was a concern. 

One more week until I hear the HB and 4 more until we find out pink or blue!

Again thanks for all the positive VBAC thoughts, it is good to know so many of you have been successful, and more than once. In my small circle of IRL friends, there is maybe a 10% rate of even trying for VBAC. Though the very, very few I know that tried, were successful, so that is something. When  is a good time to start hypnobirthing or hypnobabies? I forget which one people thought was better. I still think I want to do a local class called natural birth in a day, and have DH join me so we are doing something together.

Carrie - love your belly! can it be only 13 more weeks to go? I hope your sister is able to make it to full term. How cool to have cousins born so close together! DS doesn't have that at all . . . he is the only baby in my or DH's family at the moment.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#259 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

katrina ~ If I remember correctly from when I was reading the Hypnobabies website, it's recommended to not start too soon. Something about practicing a lot in the beginning and then getting kind of burned out and tired of it and slacking off toward the end, which isn't good. It's better to start later and continue practicing up until the end so it's fresh in your mind. I'm getting ansty about it because I still haven't gotten my book back. There has been a slight change in the situation. The girl who has my book has had to move back to her grandmother's because the father can't be with their baby. If I have to, I can go to her house because I know where it is. I may have to just buy a new book, though. If I do, I have to decide whether to get Hypnobirthing again, which is sold at the local Barnes and Nobles here or order Hypnobabies.

For a lot of people, it's important to have IRL support for doing a VBAC, especially if you aren't getting the support you need from your HCP. I can't remember the situation with that for you. A doula can definitely help, especially during labor. When I was in labor with ds2 with my induction one OB got angry that I wouldn't let her break my water and insert an internal thermometer so they could increase the pitocin and get my labor going faster. She stormed out of the room yelling at me that she didn't mind doing another c-section. I don't get scared or upset by stuff like that so it didn't really phase me at the time. I was too busy concentrating on other things. Afterward, though, I realized what had happened and it made me very angry. She wasn't the same doctor who was there when I gave birth. That's kind of unfortunate because it may have been good for her to see that it didn't have to be done her way.

It can be discouraging and frustrating when everyone around acts like it's not possible or you are crazy for even thinking of it. That's the attitude I usually run into about my ideas on pregnancy, labor and birth (Well, everything baby/child related if we really want to get down to it.). It mostly just annoys me because I think it's so sad that other people think the way they do. They have no idea what they are missing. It's frustrating because they don't seem to be open to ideas different from their own. If everyone else has told them it's horrible or can't be done, that's what they believe. I've given up trying to convince people otherwise with words. I just do my thing and show them things can be different.

#260 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:

Oh, now that looks like a pg belly! I don't feel so big anymore. I thought I was way bigger than expected but I guess not. winky.gif

LOL!  Post your own belly pic.  I wanna see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

So DH & I opened the envelope this morning & it's another GIRL!!!  love.gif  

HOORAY!  Congratulations, Shannon!! 

Quote:

Congratualtions, Shannon! I don't think I ever said it but I had a feeling you had another girl in there. I can't remember ever having a feeling one way or another about what someone else is having. Maybe it's because I saw you the other day. So, should we start calling her Princess? orngtongue.gif

You guys met IRL?!  I would love to meet you guys!  Or any crunchy mamas, for that matter.  Everyone I know IRL is a PITA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

One more week until I hear the HB and 4 more until we find out pink or blue!

Carrie - love your belly! can it be only 13 more weeks to go? I hope your sister is able to make it to full term. How cool to have cousins born so close together! DS doesn't have that at all . . . he is the only baby in my or DH's family at the moment.

Oooh, I can't wait to find out!  I remember being a week away from finding out -- so excited but so nervous baby would hide.  Good luck!!

Thanks for the belly love!!  I feel good.  I hope she my sister is able to make it at least long enough so the baby is ok.  They will be the same age -- but we don't live close at all so it'll be much more of a distance-cousins relationship anyway.  But it will be neat to see her our kids in essence "grow up" together. 

Anyone else having tons of BHs?  Yesterday I couldn't do ANYTHING without my ute acting up.  They don't hurt, just annoying.  I know I have a very irritable uterus but geez, it was getting out of hand.

#261 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

We cross-posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

LOL!  Post your own belly pic.  I wanna see.

I was thinking about trying today. The only person I have to take a pic is my 7yo so they don't always come out so great.
Quote:

You guys met IRL?!  I would love to meet you guys!  Or any crunchy mamas, for that matter.  Everyone I know IRL is a PITA.

We've known each other for about 4 years now. We met while I was pg with ds3, I believe. We used to have an AP playgroup and a homebirth meetup group. I can't remember if they were ultimately organized on the Finding Your Tribe board here or Meetup.com. You should try both, though. You may find some people close enough to you to meet. I also met a group of mamas when I was living in Hawaii. I'm pretty sure that was from the Finding Your Tribe board here.
Quote:

Anyone else having tons of BHs?  Yesterday I couldn't do ANYTHING without my ute acting up.  They don't hurt, just annoying.  I know I have a very irritable uterus but geez, it was getting out of hand.

I have contractions all the time but they don't bother me too much. I remember them really bothering me when I was pg with ds3. Maybe I've gotten used to them now so I don't notice them as much. Every once in a while I'll get a really strong one that makes me feel weird but most of the time I feel something and wonder if it's a contraction. They aren't strong enough for me to know for sure.

#262 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 06:20 AM

Congrats on a girl Shannon!

Carrie, cute belly! 13 weeks...that does seem so close! It's less than 3 weeks for me and that started really hitting me this weekend. Nesting like crazy when I'm not too tired and lazy. orngtongue.gif

I've gained...let's see...29 pounds since 17 weeks. dizzy.gif Before that I didn't have a scale but I'm guessing I gained significant weight before that too. I kind of feel like a cow, but when I look at myself, I don't look THAT big (other than my belly) so I guess I'm just hoping it comes off quickly. I started out at a "healthy" BMI but heavier than I was before DS. I still have weeks to go and I'm just hoping I don't REALLY pack on the pounds these last few weeks. I'm gaining two pounds a week rather than the recommended one! yikes.gif

Is anyone else who has older kids being driven insane by them? innocent.gif

Edit: Oh, BH. Like MW, I'm usually not sure what's a contraction and what's not and they don't bother me much. Sometimes I am pretty sure I feel a contraction, but sometimes it's just an uncomfortableness that might be the baby moving a certain way or some gas or something. Weird thing is when I was in labor last time, I couldn't tell they were contractions! They felt like menstrual cramps. I thought you were supposed to be able to feel your belly getting hard. So that confuses me. Last couple days though, it seems that when I turn from my left side onto my right in bed, I get one really painful contraction. Ugggh.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#263 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Is anyone else who has older kids being driven insane by them? innocent.gif

lol.gif I was just thinking this this morning. Why do my kids always want to go crazy when I'm done for the day? We start out in the mornings so happy and loving and just getting along beautifully. By dinner time I'm about to pull my hair out. My 3yo is whining and crying about everything and wants me to do things like get up and go across the room to pick him up and carry him back to the couch. He refuses to get up and walk himself. My 7yo decides he has work to do and starts creating messes, like making food and spilling sugar or flour all over the kitchen or feeding the dogs we are watching for a friend and spilling food and water all over the floor. Aaaaagh! All I want to do is pass out. I know their behavior only seems so bad because I'm so tired. They do the same things earlier in the day but I've still got the energy to deal with it so it doesn't bother me.

#264 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 AM

It isn't that IRL people or the HCP are necessarily unsupportive; they think it is a nice idea to try for a VBAC but aren't at all interested in a TOL themselves. One was simply told her "pelvis doesn't work" - when I am pretty sure it was just a case of malpositioning (in the event of her 1st c-section). They mostly just shrug and are very ok with having RCS's. They are the same way with breast vs formula. Most of them do breastfeed a little while, but have no 2nd thoughts about switching or choosing formula. It is kind of frustrating.  On one hand, it would be nice to educate them, on the other hand, I am in a "why bother" sort of mood lately.

With DS I had prelabor/BH (they were more than uncomfortable, which is why I would rather have it as prelabor than BH) from 37 weeks on. It does get annoying after a while. and very hard to sleep through.

DS has been driving me nuts lately . . .especially on days I work in the office, instead of being sweet and lovey when I get home, he is a whiny terror. It is like he is punishing me for going away, even though he is with DH and not daycare, ever. It isn't like I really WANT to WOH, but I must.  oh well.

#265 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Most people I meet are like that wrt themselves, too, Katrina. They don't seem to care one way or the other and just do whatever they are told by their authorities, i.e. doctors. They think I'm nuts for not wanting an epi and exclusively BFing and CDing. They don't seem to be able to grasp the fact that none of my boys have ever had a bottle. eyesroll.gif I do make a point of mentioning that my 1st was a c-section and all my subsequent ones have been VBACs but that's it. When they start going into their long explanations of why they can't do a VBAC or they didn't breastfeed or whatever, I just sit and listen. There's no point in trying to educate people who don't want to learn.

Ok, here are two belly pics from today. Stupid date stamp is right across my belly.

001-2-1.jpg

002-3-1.jpg

I guess I am much bigger than you, Carrie. I'm 25w2d.

Edited because I always forget half of what I wanted to say.

Speaking of BH contractions and early labor, I've always wondered what prodormal labor actually is? I see people posting about it a lot and they aren't happy about it. What does it mean?

And, anyone else think the maternity clothes available now are ugly? When I was pg with ds2 and ds3 I didn't have this much trouble finding clothes that I could at least deal with. This time I can't stand anything I see, especially tops. They are either too dressy, like for work, or have no shape to them and are too long. All I have are t-shirts. I ordered a bunch of tops from Old Navy a while back and returned them all because they looked way too maternity for me. The fronts were a lot longer than the back and just looked funny.

#266 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:

lyterae ~ I've had 2 VBACs so far and they were both almost exactly the same. Oddly, the only thing that was really different (aside from one being a hospital birth and one being a homebirth) was that the fist one was induced. Both lasted a total of about 12 hours with relatively easy labor for the first 10 hours. The last 2 hours were very, very hard but pushing went relatively quickly and easily, I think. It wasn't just 10 minutes of pushing but it wasn't hours, either. I don't really know how long that part took but it's included in my full 12 hour labor. In other words, I didn't have 12 hours of labor and then pushing. I had 12 hours of labor including pushing.

There were differences in the pushing stages with #1 and #2. Since I was induced with #1 I ended up getting an epi so the nurse had to tell me when to push. Then it was that, "PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!" crap you see in movies and on TV all the time. That really irks me if I think about it too much because there was my dh holding up one leg cheering me on thinking he was helping and doing the right thing. He's probably pretty proud of himself for doing that but it's so not how things should be done. But, I digress.

With #2 at home the pushing was much more peaceful and relaxed. I pushed for a while until ds3's head came out and then everything stopped for a couple of minutes. We were both just hanging out in the water. I've got a shot of his little face looking up through the water on video. It's really cool. Everyone was calm and just waited. After a minute or two of a rest the rest of his body came out and that was that. The pushing came automatically. There was no conscious thought or action from anyone that it was time to push. My body just started doing it and then I thought about it.

My first labor started with SROM, and as soon as I was dilated to 10 I was instructed to push. This labor ended in cesarean for "failure to progress" ultimately due to malposition. After having Ben I realize that I never actually got the urge to push with Becca. With Ben I remember being in the tub having a contraction and suddenly it just happened, there was no "stopping" it and I certainly wasn't trying to push, it just was. 

Quote:

I gained 55 lbs with Becca, I was still holding onto 20 of it when I got pregnant with Ben. This time I gained 32 and honestly most of it came on in the beginning. In the last 10 weeks I only gained 2lbs. I am currently 3 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight - which is a shock to me!

Carrie : Your belly looks lovely!

MM : Congrats on your little girl! 

MW: You look wonderful.

AFM: We got a bunch of work done on our car on Friday and it was driving wonderfully. We were in an accident yesterday afternoon - hit ice spun around in the road and ultimately ended up on our side in the ditch before falling back over onto all 4 tires.The car is no longer doing so wonderfully, everyone is okay though. 

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#267 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:

I guess I am much bigger than you, Carrie. I'm 25w2d.

Edited because I always forget half of what I wanted to say.

Speaking of BH contractions and early labor, I've always wondered what prodormal labor actually is? I see people posting about it a lot and they aren't happy about it. What does it mean?

And, anyone else think the maternity clothes available now are ugly? When I was pg with ds2 and ds3 I didn't have this much trouble finding clothes that I could at least deal with. This time I can't stand anything I see, especially tops. They are either too dressy, like for work, or have no shape to them and are too long. All I have are t-shirts. I ordered a bunch of tops from Old Navy a while back and returned them all because they looked way too maternity for me. The fronts were a lot longer than the back and just looked funny.

Ha!  Yes, but you look GREAT and I mean it!!  Love that belly!!  *virtual belly rubs* **ETA - if you're ok with that sort of thing**

I had a ton of false/prodromal labor with DD.  Ctx were strong, not just tight but painful, but they don't DO anything (well, that could be argued.  I'm sure they do something but, they definitely do not lead to a baby!!).  It's frustrating.  Lots of, hmm, I should time these.  Hmm, they're 2.-3 min apart.  Hmm!  This could be something!!  And then they fizzle out.

BHs on the other hand just to me feel like tightness.  Like a ball.  Like my ute has become a rubber band ball!!

I HATE the mat clothes that are out now.  I have 3 tank tops that I keep wearing, and my work scrubs.  If I'm going out, I might throw on a hoodie over my tank top, or just a cardigan.  I feel like I have NOTHING to wear!  I was going to check out the mat section of target if I can get over there today but I haven't been impressed with them in the past few months so I'm not sure what I'm hoping for.  I've outgrown my tank tops and I have to keep tugging them down.  Nothing more annoying than belly hanging out the bottom of your shirt!!  LOL!  I have a few sundresses that I can't wait to wear but it's still too damn cold around these parts.

#268 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

AFM: We got a bunch of work done on our car on Friday and it was driving wonderfully. We were in an accident yesterday afternoon - hit ice spun around in the road and ultimately ended up on our side in the ditch before falling back over onto all 4 tires.The car is no longer doing so wonderfully, everyone is okay though. 

We cross posted!  OMG mama, I'm so glad you are all ok!  

#269 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 PM

so glad you all are well!

I have seen a couple cute things in the normal maternity section, but cute plus size maternity clothes? HAHA good luck. I like the longer things, because they cover up the maternity panel in the pants/shorts. but not too long, as I am only 4'11'' and want to look pregnant, not fat and dumpy.  It is very frustrating.

That prodromal labor is exactly what I had, they would be tight, painful, and regular, but eventually fizzle out (after HOURS of going on) I think I had at least 3 episodes a week from around 37 weeks on, especially brought on with walking. It makes your hopes go up, but is so discouraging after a while.

I love my IRL friends for other reasons, but I can't talk to them about anything remotely crunchy. When I tried to bring up some VBAC concerns (as a prayer request) fear kept coming up, and courage. I am not AFRAID of labor, or of the pain. it is about confidence - or lack of it. oh well.

When they say start too soon, what does that mean? Is there a too late? for the hypnobirthing/hynpobabies stuff.

#270 of 407 Old 04-18-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

lyterae ~ I'm so glad all of you are ok but that's annoying about getting work done on the car just for it to get wrecked.

Katrina ~ I can't remember the details about when was too early or if there was a time that was too late. Maybe you can find it on the Hypnobabies website. I know with classes like Bradley and Lamaze you need a certain number of weeks but they don't start until late. Bradley is longer but I want to say most don't start until you are in the 3rd trimester.

I'm very short, too, at only 5', which is probably why I don't like the longer clothes. I don't like the longer styles for regular clothes, either. The Target here has nothing in the store but they had some stuff online that looked ok. I ordered a Target gift card with my credit card points so I could order some stuff. We'll see how it looks once I get it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page