Hypnobabies: when to start?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question for experienced Hypnobabies moms.

I just got my copy of Hypnobabies Home Study Course. I'm 24w3d and excited to get started! My current plan is to begin at 27 weeks, do each class for 2 weeks, then I'd have 3 weeks of maintenance, give or take.

But I'm starting to think I should wait longer? My friend did it this way and said by the end she was SO ready for the baby to come because she'd been doing the program forever, and she would have rather done each class for only one week rather than dragging it out like that.

I'm all for getting the most out of it, but I'm a little worried about the time commitment, with a toddler and a very busy life! Also I don't want to get burned out on it towards the end.

But if I plan for only 1 week per class and 2-3 weeks of maintenance, I have to wait till 32-33 weeks to start, which is like a month and a half from now, and I don't want to wait that long!

WWYD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 05:17 PM

I started at about 28 weeks and it was perfect for me! I did a couple of the weeks twice and spent time on maintenance.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM

I am doing Hypnobabies also and started at 22 weeks. Everything I have heard about using hypnosis in childbirth says that the earlier you start the better because then you have more time to practice the techniques. I do admit that 22 weeks, is on the early side, but I feel good about having so much time to get familiar with hypnosis and practice.

Wifey buddamomimg1.png to DH jammin.gif, Mama chicken3.gif to DS 8, DS 6, DD 1

homeschool.gif   lactivist.gif    h20homebirth.gif    goorganic.jpg

Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM

Oh so all that to say, it's probably better to start a little early rather than a little late.

Wifey buddamomimg1.png to DH jammin.gif, Mama chicken3.gif to DS 8, DS 6, DD 1

homeschool.gif   lactivist.gif    h20homebirth.gif    goorganic.jpg

Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM

26-28 weeks is a great time to get started, although I am curious as to why you would do each week twice. If you are following the program as designed, one week for each new tool/cue should be fine and then move on to maintenance mode. I like the selection available once you get to maintenance mode. The way hypnosis works is the same as when you work out; the more you do it, the easier it gets and the more effective it is. Exercise for your mind :)  Congratualtions on your new addition and finding Hypnobabies!

Nicole

Old 04-14-2011, 02:00 PM

I started right when I my 3rd trimester did with my last pregnancy and I wish I had started sooner.  I found the CD's a great way to relax and calm your nerves about the pregnancy & birth.  FYI I also played the CD's during my entire 10 hr labor, again it really soothed me and kept me focused.  Just started my 2nd trimester and I am going to start them any day now, good luck:)

Old 04-16-2011, 09:41 PM

I'm almost 29 weeks, and I just placed my order for the home study course today!  Can't wait til it arrives!  I hope it comes quickly!  Anybody want to start a Hypnobabies Home Study "study group"?  Not sure what there would be to chat about but it might be fun!  Happy Hypno-ing!

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)

User Tag List