Baby in the Bajingo ~ TTC #1 In Our 30's Graduates ~ Spring 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 167 Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am glad everything turned out ok meander!

I know Birdie it is still crazy to me how fast we are all moving along.  I am almost 20 weeks!  Things seemed to go so slow before but now I feel like it is speeding up.  I feel like I need to be ready like right now!  I am not really into gender specific stuff but I am going to wait until I find out to buy stuff I know I won't recieve as a gift.  We are sort of tight on money so it feels better to buy stuff gradually rather than wait until just before the baby is born to buy everything we need or have to buy stuff when we are taking time off work.  We will have some savings and I have a small short term disability but I know I will still stress about it.

I am turning into a lurker.  I read everyday but don't post so I guess I gotta start updating.  I have been having back issues.  I don't remember if I mentioned that here before.  I started going to the chiro and it is doing some good but I am still in pain.  It is really a pita because I have to do some lifting and bending at my job and that is what makes it worse!  My big u/s is next monday.  I am hoping the babe will let us take a peek of what is down under!  My mom will also be visiting at that time so I am excited for her to be able to be there too.  We are really close. I still haven't decided whether I want to go in with just my partner first and then let her come in to see after we find out or if I want her to be there for the whole time.  My partner never really has any opinions on this stuff so it is harder for me to make a decision.

I am also getting a new car this week hopefully because there is no way we can fit the baby in our ford ranger.  It sucks because I just got that truck and it is in perfect condition and we got a really good deal on it with extremely low milage even though it is used.  I have a feeling it is going to be hard to trade it in for something of actual equal value and I really don't want to go through the trouble of a private sale.

Hey to everyone else I didn't mention.  I hope everyone is feeling good!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#122 of 167 Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

#123 of 167 Old 06-06-2011, 07:33 PM

I have been reading that traveling with a very young baby is a lot easier than traveling pregnant or with an older baby if it makes you feel any better. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#124 of 167 Old 06-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Hi ladies!  I've been a bit MIA too... just now catching up.

Meander & LivingSky - I'm hopeful both your blood pressures stay in check for the next few weeks.  I can't believe how close to the end you both are!  So exciting!!!! 

Birdie - Like Tank said, I've heard traveling with a smaller baby is actually easier because it'll sleep a lot.  Not sure about traveling via plane, that's usually a pain anyway.  I would think driving may be easier, because then you don't have to worry about lugging everything through the airport and you can take breaks as needed.  Good luck with that decision! 

Tank - Time flies after you get out of that first trimester!  I can't believe I'm already at 24 weeks.  Ridiculous!  Sometimes I just wish time would slow down a bit.  I hope your back issues get better and the chiro can help. 

Not much going on here.  My hips still hurt occassionally, but not nearly as bad as it did before.  I keep adding pillows to the bed, and that seems to help.  We got our nursery furniture the other day - it's still all in boxes, but at least it's in the house.  We've decided against painting the nursery, and have picked out the decor, so we're making progress.  I'm feeling much less stressed out as I was a few weeks ago. 

Okay, back to work... HI to anyone I missed.  Looking forward to reading some birth stories from you ladies in the next few weeks!! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#125 of 167 Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
privateeyes.gif I'm reading along but haven't been posting. I was feeling like a big old lurker, so here I am. wave.gif I'm so exhausted lately, and dealing with swelling too, though meander it sounds like you're in more misery. hug.gif I'm glad the tests came out ok! Big hugs all round! Yay, for the babies in there!!!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#126 of 167 Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 PM

My BP was down at my 32-week appt, yay! So I'm just going to keep an eye on it; we do have a cuff at home. I find the heat makes it worse, which isn't helping. It has been over 90 here for the last...11? days. This is pretty unusual for up here in the mountains, and I am not loving it. We moved here to get away from the heat, darn it!! I can't get enough popsicles (the crushed-up fruit kind, yum!) these days.

Also, kiddo still has his head smashed right up against my liver. It's been in more or less the same place for 7 weeks now, and his head is getting bigger. As it should!. But it should be in my pelvis where it does not bruise my liver and ribs!  Plus I'm about over the bladder/cervix kicks. Turn, baby, turn.... I am starting to worry a bit about this breech/oblique/transverse thing.

I think I had some real-er contractions last night. Hurt like BH just don't....and cramps that radiated from the front to the back. There were just 2 of them. It freaked me right out, in the way you can only be freaked out when it's 4am. I drank a ton of water and no more happened, so I didn't wake DH up and worry him. He's been pretty calm so far, but any mention of 'contraction' brings the crazy into his eyes... I have learned to say BH and not contraction to him now. ;)

I am still happy and generally doing well overall. I was not expected to have such a low-risk pregnancy, and I am SO, SO grateful it's going so well... so far. But oh please, can somebody somewhere turn down the heat?

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#127 of 167 Old 06-09-2011, 04:23 AM

Meander - Yay for your BP being down!  You still have a few weeks, my fingers are crossed that your little one will figure out where his head needs to be before then.  And I am SO with you on the heat... it's been ridiculously hot here in the eastern part of the state for way too long.  If the entire summer is like this, I may very well melt. 

Tear - I'm with you on the exhaustion, too.  I thought it was a little early for me to be exhausted again - I was hoping the second trimester would give me a good break from it, but it's come back full force over the past few days.  It hasn't been every day, but it's been brutal when it does happen.  I'm back to being too tired to eat again.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

#128 of 167 Old 06-09-2011, 06:15 AM

Hey ladies!

Well, it was an absolutely exhausting/nightmarish weekend and beginning of the week for us. Rather than retype my novel, the full story is here:
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1316473/help

The bright side that I mention at the end is that my BP is completely 100% normal again through all of it. I think I figured out what was actually causing the BP issues - the antibiotic I had been on for UTIs previously has a relatively uncommon side effect of causing high systolic blood pressure. My blood pressure seemed to have fixed itself right after I stopped taking it, so I'm going with that as the cause.

meander - here's hoping baby turns head down for you. You do definitely still have time for him to flip, or to start using inversions and stuff to try to get him over. And I'm with you - I can NOT handle the heat at all now!

ValH: I'm jealous that your nursery is already getting set up! Our furniture just arrived on Sunday and with everything going on it's still sitting wrapped in a tarp on our porch. I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about it!

birdie.lee: Interesting note about gestational hypertension - it is actually not recommended to reduce salt intake to prevent or treat it. I guess we still need a lot of salt during pregnancy. I'm a salt-hater by nature so I've actually had to be careful to make sure I get enough of it in my diet.

:hugs to everyone, hope you are all doing well!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#129 of 167 Old 06-10-2011, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

#130 of 167 Old 06-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

Tear, I never asked, would you like me to add you to the grads roster?  

lol, sure! I hadn't even noticed that I wasn't. upsidedown.gif Thanks! And I'm glad that most people gave you appropriate responses. I'm starting to get a lot of "you'll see soon enough" from parents of my students, and I find it to be mildly to largely insulting since I think I know school-age children very well, thank-you-very-much. eyesroll.gif

meander, my OB said that I might feel cramping at times when my little one is transverse, which is just my uterus trying to turn her to another position. Could that be causing your contractions? I hope your pregnancy continues to be low-risk! goodvibes.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#131 of 167 Old 06-11-2011, 04:28 AM

LivingSky - Wow, what a scary story!  Glad to hear that you and little one are doing okay.  Boo for kidney stones!  As for my nursery being "set up," yeah, not so much yet.  We have funiture in the house, as in it's all in DH's office in very large, intimidating boxes.  "Some" assembly required... looks like a lot of assembly to me!  I'm sure your nursery will be set up and looking beautiful in no time! 

birdie - I'm glad most everyone had an appropriate response at work!  Some people are just clueless - there's always going to be one in the group, you know? 

Tear - I can see the parents "you'll see" response getting pretty annoying, especially since you probably spend more waking hours with their kids than they do.  Ugh! 

AFM - Dealing with some serious exhaustion.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'm anemic?  I had some anemia issue when I first became vegetarian years ago, so I'm a little paranoid about it.  I was so tired on Thursday that I literally cried.  I'm napping during the day when I can, and still crashing hard at night - I'm not even getting up to pee as much as usual because I'm so soundly asleep.  My sister said she had the "bring you to tears exhaustion" all through her last pregnancy, so maybe it's normal.  If this is normal, it's going to be a rough 16 weeks for me.

#132 of 167 Old 06-12-2011, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

#133 of 167 Old 06-13-2011, 07:16 AM

Hi Ladies, I've decided to pop in.

I'm 7 weeks and cautiously optimistic. We know there's a little bean in there and saw the heart beating last week so hoping everything is good. I figured you ladies have been there done that and can have some good advise (and y'all are less scary than the strangers in the due date club). So far I'm shocked how crappy I feel. I don't have so much defined symptoms as just a general yuck feeling. I'm nauseous and have super sonic smell, but mostly just don't want to leave the bed. Oh and the cramping, I'm shocked how much that happens, its been light with no spotting and doc assured me it was normal and I should expect more pain b/c of my scar tissue from the ectopic, but it still freaks me out.

I'll try to catch up on what's going on with you ladies, but wanted to tell birdie that I'm sure you'll be fine traveling. My SIL always takes the babies straight back to France right after they are born and managed fine. I can say that now with 2 toddlers they would tell you it's much more of a pain to travel. I do feel for you though. I told Dh that wouldn't be happening with us, but mostly cause I'm not sure how I would feel traveling that early.

and Val I'm curious about your anemia. I passed out after the 6 week u/s and again when they drew my blood on Sat. I know I'd eaten so it wasn't blood sugar and they took my blood pressure which was fine. They suggested anemia. I'm not veg, but I'm mostly a pescatarian and have not wanted to eat any fish since getting pregnant.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#134 of 167 Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

#135 of 167 Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 PM

Ram - Yay, I'm so excited that you've decided to join us!!  I can assure you that the cramping is perfectly normal - it really had me paranoid the first few weeks after my BFP.  I don't remember exactly how long, but I remember it occuring off and on for quite some time.  I guess the uterus had a lot of growing to do! 

birdie - Thanks for the cast-iron tip... I do not own a cast iron anything, but I have heard that it does help.  And I don't think anyone will shoot you for not wanting to expose your hooters.  DH and I had a fun conversation about public breastfeeding yesterday - I think he's a bit possessive of my hooters and making sure no one sees them.  I get it, but he doesn't seem to get the concept of discreet breastfeeding. 

As for my tiredness, maybe it was just a "growth spurt" like birdie suggested??  I don't know, I seem to be doing better now.  HOpefully the exhaustion will stay away for a while longer/.

#136 of 167 Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Val, I spend much of my 2nd trimester JUST SIMPLY WIPED OUT...so much for that energy burst, huh? My doc wanted to check for anemia, but when that came back fine she just said...well...sleep more. lol...It's hard, I know. hug2.gif

Ram, I have had cramping in the third trimester, too, and it totally freaked me out: I thought they were contractions. The uterus has lots of growing to do all along.

birdie.lee, thanks for adding me! love.gif If you want, I'm fine if you add that we are pregnant with our IVF baby girl and were TTC for 2.5 years with three losses. I think that's what other people put on. Whatever format you were using. Thanks again! I'm glad you're feeling better about this trip. It's hard to make decisions about what you'll be comfortable doing with a newborn when we're new to this whole thing, and you probably have no idea how you'll feel!

afm, we had an u/s today and our girl is SO cute, and definitely still a girl. winky.gif She was playing with her foot and yawning and putting her hand near or in her mouth. We got a good shot of her cute little face with her pudgy cheeks. omg...I just love her so much!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#137 of 167 Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 PM

I posted in the TTC thread earlier but I should update here too.  I am having a boy!  We are so excited.  Everything looked great.  I think I even caught him picking him picking his little nose!

#138 of 167 Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM

Tear - Thanks for the reassurance on the second trimester tiredness... now at least I'm not as paranoid that something might be wrong (like anemia).  I might just be tired.  Glad to hear that your little girl was so cute today during the U/S.  We'd love to see the pics if you have any to share! 

Tank - Congrats on your little boy!!!  Same goes for you - feel free to share some pics.  :)

Quick question - I lost nearly 1/2 a pound this week.  I had been gaining about 1/2 to one pound each week in the second trimester.  Should I be concerned about this weight loss, or just wait until next week to see what my weight does then??

#139 of 167 Old 06-14-2011, 05:26 AM

Ramzubo: So glad you joined us! I had been following your updates in the TTC forum and I'm so glad your little bean is hanging out in the right spot and that you got to see the heartbeat. Welcome and CONGRATS!! joy.gif Has your doctor tested you for anemia? I took iron supplements for the first 3-4 months of pregnancy just to make sure I wouldn't be anemic. Our blood volume increases so much during that time and I think it's really easy to forget how much extra our body needs! Oh, and, water, water and more water!

ValH: I feel a bit better about the furniture now - we managed to get the change table up to our bedroom and put together. Now every morning I wake up and see this beautiful change table sitting there waiting - it makes things seem MUCH more imminent! Which is cool and scary both smile.gif Re: tiredness, I had a ton of energy 2nd trimester but it vanished 3rd trimester. I have heard people talk about growth spurts though so it sure could be that. And for the weight loss - don't stress about it. I lost weight numerous weeks through 1st and 2nd trimester. It will all balance out in the end!

birdie.lee: Good plan, to just try not to worry about the trip. Frankly, if you have to go, then you have to go, so don't spend any more of your precious time or energy thinking about it. Things will work out!

Tear: Wed love to see u/s pics of your girl!!

tank: Congrats on your boy!! Any u/s pics to show us? Do you have names picked out?

AFM: One more week of work left, then I'm done. I can't manage the sitting any more, and I have SO much farm work to get done before baby arrives. Plus it will be really nice not to have to commute an hour and a half each way any more. I'm just getting too uncomfortable for that amount of driving/sitting. I'm only comfortable if I can recline, or just stand up and walk around. And going from sitting to standing seems to tilt baby forward on to my bladder every.single.time which is beginning to get a bit old smile.gif

I'm so excited to meet this little one and am looking forward to having him here - but I think at this point, what I *really* want is my bladder back!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#140 of 167 Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

#141 of 167 Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM

LivingSky - Yay for having only one more week of work!  Then you'll be able to do some serious nesting and get all kinds of fun baby-stuff done.  I'm sure having the changing table set up really does bring home how close it is.  So far all we have out is the dresser - it doesn't exactly bring me warm-fuzzies to look at it.  I can't wait to get the crib up, I think that'll make it more real. 

Birdie - Thanks for the iron info!  I did not know that about the vitamin c, but I'm happy to say I do at least accomplish that every morning.  I usually drink orange juice with whatever I eat for breakfast, so seems I just need to be doing that for more meals.  I'll give that a try!  I love OJ anyway, so it'll be pretty easy. 

Thanks for the reassurance on the weight loss.  I'll just keep a check on it throughout the week and hopefully it won't continue to go down.  It's so weird, I used to be thrilled if the scale went down even a little... now it freaks me out. 

#142 of 167 Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 AM

Well, f**k.

My gastroenterologist had been supporting my choice to try a natural, vaginal birth. But now he has consulted with some other GIs, who told him I was basically crazy for not just opting for the C section right away...and he has totally changed his mind, and is sending his recommendation to my OB. She was already on the fence.  I am certain she will take his recommendation as gospel.

No midwife will touch me and my perianal fistulas. And with those issues, honestly, I WOULD be kinda crazy to attempt a homebirth, much less UC. So I guess I can just wave all my choices goodbye, suck it up, and have the damn c-section. I am *freaked the hell out* by the whole concept of abdominal surgery. Panic attack-level freaked out. I can't stop shaking.

Oh, I'll get over it, but I'm going to cry about it first.

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#143 of 167 Old 06-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Meander - I'm so sorry, that does completely suck.  But, just keep in mind that everyone has your best interest, and that of your new little one, in mind.  Even so - any chance of getting a second opinion??  I know it must be a difficult pill to swallow, so sending you lots of hug2.gif

#144 of 167 Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM

There's 0% chance of a differing opinion from a GI in the US--my doc got a consult from the woman who wrote the book on Crohn's+OB issues. (Except there isn't a book, just a bunch of papers.) She said it was a 'no-brainer'. *sigh* Everybody else in the chain who was asked gave the same answer, basically. I'd love it if my doc would explore UK/European protocols, but that's really asking too much, and he's done a ton of work for me already--I just don't like the answers!

My high-risk OB from my first pregnancy just maybe *might* be willing to entertain my crazy wishes. I'm going to ask at any rate--it can't hurt. She was the one who initially recommended against a C-section, on the grounds that it is likely (in me) to cause an abdominal fistula. I think that's why I am so, so scared of the C now, honestly...I can't imagine leaking ANYTHING through my belly. *shudder*

I'd rather have the 4th degree tears and reconstructive perineal surgery they keep going on about, by far.

#145 of 167 Old 06-15-2011, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

#146 of 167 Old 06-16-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

#147 of 167 Old 06-17-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

You know you are pregnant when sneezing makes you pee a little. sulkoff.gif

That is all.

yeahthat.gif  All I have to say is panty liners have become my new best friend... I should buy some stock in the company.  :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

#148 of 167 Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 AM

meander: I'm so sorry that your doc has changed his mind on this. I completely sympathize with you! I hope your other OB will be willing to at least let you try. If you're attempting to birth vaginally in a hospital, and something isn't going right, it's not like the call can't be made at that time to have a c-section. You'd already be in the hospital.

Can you simply refuse the c-section? What would happen if you did?

AFM: I'm kind of in the same boat as you meander, which is why I said I can sympathize. I mentioned previously that my midwife is quite fat phobic? Well, one of the things she wanted me to do was talk with an anesthetoligist regarding my options if I did have to transfer to the hospital. This came about because I absolutely refuse to have an epidural under any circumstances (due to an idiot doctor torturing me with a needle in my back many years ago).

Anyways, I went and talked to the anesthetologist (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong). Long story short, in his medical opinion, he beleieves there is medical indication not only for me to birth in hospital, but to have an epidural put in as soon as I'm admitted. Y'know, because I'm fat and it might be hard to get the right spot. banghead.gif

Now, to be fair, his reason for wanting me to birth in hospital is different - he is concerned about the pushing stage putting too much pressure on my sinus cavity, which is damaged from a car accident. The thing is, before even trying to get pregnant, I saw a neurologist about that and asked him if there was any increased risk to me going through labor and delivery due to my sinuses. His answer was a very firm "No". The anesthatologist thinks that answer would have been different if I'd mentioned a homebirth, but frankly, it was a yes or no question - WHERE I birth shouldn't matter!

But of course, because my midwife seems to be looking for any excuse to risk me out of a homebirth, I'm pretty concerned that she will use this recommendation to do exactly that. And even if I get her to agree to try to birth at the suite I want to birth in, I'm not sure I trust her anymore to make decisions based on MY best interest (and the baby's) versus her own predjudice.

*rock* ME *hard place*

#149 of 167 Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM

LivingSky - I'm so sorry that your midwife is causing you all this grief so late in the game!  Not cool... I'm guessing it's too late to switch providers??  Can you just flat out refuse the epidural?  Women give birth all the time without epidural, and I don't see how getting one would help with the sinus issue at all - they seem to be unrelated.  Second, how far is the suite from the hospital?  If it's not far, I don't see why you can't start at the suite and move to the hospital only if a problem occurs.  Good luck with everything! 

#150 of 167 Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 PM

LivingSky, that's just a mess. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Can you get a second opinion from another anesthesiologist? He honestly sounds like an incompetent a** to me, given that he's already so sure he can't get the right spot. *eyeroll*  As to his opinion on your sinuses? Umm, not worth much since it's not his specialty anyway. I'd be livid if my care provider trusted that biased twit over your actual neurologist, who IS qualified and understands your particular problem.

AFM: the latest roadblock along the vaginal delivery route: baby is currently estimated to weigh 6lb9oz. At 33 1/2 weeks! *gulp*

Yeah, my jaw fell off...and my blood pressure shot up to 155/108, sparking another round of 'oh noes!'...it went down after a few minutes, but really? tell me that and THEN take my BP? (Now I am on weekly apointments, too, because my BP keeps spiking.

Oh, estimates can sure be off, and I doubt he's really quite that big. But all these problems just keep stacking up--he's also still breech. Always has been breech. Never flips around the least little bit.

I feel a little bit like the universe is trying to get some point across. I just refuse to give in without a struggle.

Tags
New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal Multivitamin 180 Ea , Nordic Naturals Prenatal Dha 500 Mg High Concentrate Purified Fish Oil 90 Soft Gels

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page