Baby in the Bajingo ~ TTC #1 In Our 30's Graduates ~ Spring 2011 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 167 Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
meander: Wow, completely unfair to give you the baby's weight and THEN take your BP! But you're right, those weight estimates are often WAY off, so please try not to stress over baby's size. Your body won't grow a baby that is too big for it. I completely understand how you feel though, about one roadblock after another seeming to spring up. You have worked SO hard,t o get pregnant, stay pregnant, and carry this baby all the way to term - I just want the world to lay off and let you have smooth sailing the rest of the way. That is my wish for you. But I know that if it doesn't, you have the strength to see this all through, one way or another.

Have you looked in to trying to turn the baby, with spinningbabies.com or through a version? And also I'm trying to remember back, but didn't your due date move around a few times based on dating ultrasounds? Is it possible you're due a bit sooner and that might be why baby seems to be measuring big?

ValH: The suite is a 7-10 minute transfer to the hospital. So not far at all!

AFM: DH and I have decided to request a transfer of care to another midwife. We have lost faith in the midwife we've been seeing. There are 4 others in her practice so hopefully one of them wil be better suited to our personalities (and my body shape). While I had complete trust in my midwife's abilities as a midwife, I just don't believe that she would be able to give me the comfort and confidence that I'll need during labour and delivery, when SHE really didn't have the belief that I could deliver naturally.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#152 of 167 Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have only a couple minutes, but I wanted to give encouragement to meander. On another thread there was a mama who was told her baby was estimated at close to 12 pounds. :shocked Well, she just gave birth to a 9 lb. 15 oz. baby, so those estimates are not always so accurate. Hang in there! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#153 of 167 Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm a new graduate!  Just got my BFP yesterday, two of them in fact, cause I wanted to be sure.   joy.gif

Quick question......when am I supposed to have my first prenatal appointment with my midwife?  headscratch.gif

A therapist (34) married an engineer (37) 10/10.  Expecting our first around the first of March 2012.   Mother to a 7yo dog2.gif, stepmomma to a 10yo awesome and hilarious girl.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**3rdtri.gif36***40**

#154 of 167 Old 06-20-2011, 10:51 AM

welcome hokieval.  My midwives generally don't see people until 8 weeks I think.  If you haven't found a provider now would be the time to start interviewing! 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#155 of 167 Old 06-20-2011, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

#156 of 167 Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM

Meander - No wonder your blood pressure went up after they gave you that weight estimate.  The estimate my sister's doc gave her was nearly two pounds off, so don't freak out about it too much - they are known to be wrong!  As for the position - you still have some time... fingers crossed your little one will flip over sometime soon! 

LivingSky - I'm glad you are changing midwives!  It's so important to feel comfortable with the person that's going to be delivering your baby.  Good luck! 

Hokie - WELCOME!!!!  As for prenatal appointments, after a couple of early appointments to make sure I wasn't high risk (due to some prior issues), my first regular appointment was at 9 weeks.  You can go ahead and call your practitioner, just don't be surprised when they don't want to see you for a while.  Congrats again!!!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#157 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 06:03 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  I got in touch with my provider yesterday to set up an initial appointment and you all were right, it will be around the 8-10 week mark.  I'm lucky to have a birth center close enough to use instead of an OB and hospital. 

Feeling pretty green this morning.  Woke up wanting olives, now the thought makes me want to barf.  grossedout.gif

Found out yesterday that 2 other women at my job are pregnant, we're all due within about 6 weeks of each other.  Yeah!!!  joy.gif

A therapist (34) married an engineer (37) 10/10.  Expecting our first around the first of March 2012.   Mother to a 7yo dog2.gif, stepmomma to a 10yo awesome and hilarious girl.

#158 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 07:01 AM

hokie - I wish we had a birth center here, you are very fortunate - the closest one for me is two hours away.  Oh, well.  That's funny about waking up wanting olives... not a typical breakfast food!  Hope the queasiness passes.  It's exciting that you'll have some ladies at work to grow bigger with.  I have three friends that are also pregnant, and we're all due in a two month time span.  It's a lot of fun to compare symptoms and experiences. 

#159 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 AM

Val I think I would like to stop sharing the queasiness!!!  Today is the first day it's been significant, and I'm only 4w2d so I'm sure it's going to get worse.  I hear it's a good sign for the pregnancy itself, though, so I'll take it!  I do feel very fortunate to have a good option for birthing.  It's about 30-35m from home if it isn't rush hour, and only 15-20 from work, so it's very do-able.  I should hear back from them today or tomorrow to set up an appointment.  They were going to verify my insurance before setting up the appointment.  My coverage seems to include midwives, so we should be good to go.  One of their midwives is also a certified lactation consultant, so I asked to see her since this is my first.  My first appointment will be the week of, if not the day of, my 34th birthday.  Oy.  bigeyes.gif

#160 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

#161 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM

I haven't had any cravings, but I do have a few food aversions.  The strongest one has been cilantro, which normally I like.  Now I'm avoiding it like the plague. 

Birdie - I don't mind doing a summer thread.  I'll work on getting one up later today or tomorrow.  I think we're about to have another new graduate, but only time will tell.  ;)

About the movement - the first time I felt it, the best way to describe it was someone thumping me from the inside.  I felt it the first time around 15/16 weeks, but still wasn't convinced that it was movement until I could see it on the U/S and feel it at the same time.  Now there's no mistaking it. 

#162 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

#163 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 01:16 PM

Birdie or Val: Ok, I officially want to join, it doesn't matter if it doesn't get up until the summer thread. So I'd like it to say Due: February 1 after 6 months and 1 ectopic loss. Thanks Ladies!

and Birdie: Yay for movement, how exciting.

Meander: My sis had very similar situation as you and I'm hoping you get a birth as close to the one you want! My sis did have the dreaded C-section due to preclampsia and an almost 12 pounder. Seriously a bummer for you though.

Livingsky: I hope you do find a new midwife soon, it doesn't sound like you've been happy with her. The place I'm going to lost my info for the 3rd time today! They are not my first choice but the other close provider isn't taking new patients. I'm not happy with them and not sure what else I can do, but I do not feel comfortable with them.

Welcome Hokie! I've not had any cravings, in fact I don't want to eat anything. I've been forcing myself to eat every 2 hours which has kept the nausea from getting too bad.

AFM: My 8 week appt went well except they want me to see a cardiologist! I've had some breathing issues so they're concerned about some chest problem. I'm sure I'm fine and don't really want to go. Whenever you get checked out it seems they can always find something wrong with you if they look hard enough. They're having me do some thyroid test first which I'm not even sure how that is related. The doc did try to explain but I need more stuff written down to read when I have a chance. I feel like I have no idea what's going on 1/2 the time, I've researched and researched and then when I go in there's another test I never heard about. 

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#164 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 01:20 PM

Birdie - I'm on here way too much today, too.  I'm working from home today, so it's just all too tempting to keep checking in!  As for how often I feel movement, it really depends on how active I am.  If I'm up moving around, I either don't notice it as much, or I "rock" him to sleep.  Yesterday, I was doing a lot of sitting/driving, and I swear he was moving the entire time.  I don't know how he got any sleep yesterday, because he was moving all the time.  But in general, I'd say I at least feel some movement every couple of hours, at minimum.  Sometimes I have to sit down and pay attention to feel it, but it's definitely there.  I know what you mean about the being squished over in a chair helping you be able to feel it - I would notice it most often early on when I was sitting down to eat, I guess because I was leaning forward.  My favorite part is being able to watch my stomach move - it's better than evening TV (especially in the summer when it's all reruns). 

Ram - Yay, I'm so glad you're joining us!!!  I'll get you added to the summer thread, which I'll be working on in just a minute.

#165 of 167 Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 PM

New summer thread is up.  Check it out HERE.

#166 of 167 Old 06-22-2011, 05:26 AM

Good morning everyone! 

Birdie I just realized I never gave you my due date, it's 2/26. 

Going to try something new today, hopefully ward off some of the pukeyness.  I only took 1/2 of my prenatal pack this morning, going to take the rest with lunch.  Made tea out of fresh ginger and some molasses, hoping that helps, too.  Tastes like a gingersnap.  Yum.

My stepdaughter asked last night if I'm getting fat yet.  Lol.  Oh to be 10 and think things happen that fast.

#167 of 167 Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 AM

Hokie, what are you doing over here, Come to the new thread! It's Bajingo Babies Bloom. Vals hosting it and can add your info. Good luck w/ the prenatal splitting. I started taking them before pregnancy and had to start with half a pill, then 1 half pill in morning and 1 half at night because they made me so nauseous and that was without morning sickness.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Tags
New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal Multivitamin 180 Ea , Nordic Naturals Prenatal Dha 500 Mg High Concentrate Purified Fish Oil 90 Soft Gels

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page