Did anyone get BFP without any special symptoms during 2ww? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI,

Since you guys are pregnant and got BFP, I thought this is where this question belongs to.

I am wondering how many of you had NO symptoms during 2WW and got BFP?

I read many posts about not having symptoms except frequent urination, cramps and etc which ARE prego symptoms LOL... 

TIA

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#2 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
L J

I didn't have any with this pregnancy. I waited until my period was almost a week late and tested - BFP. But, no symptoms until at least a week after that.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#3 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

With my first, I started getting that "I have to eat now or I'll die!" feeling that lead to gagging if I didn't at about 8 DPO.  My last two pregnancies were total surprises.  In hindsight, I can tell where there were very subtle clues like slightly increased appetite, a hot feeling, slight sensitivity to smells, slightly sore nipples (which happens off and on with nursing anyway), etc.  But I didn't notice them until after I realized I was pg.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had zero symptoms until I was 5 weeks. Even then, it was subtle. 7 weeks hit me like a ton of bricks.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#5 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Cramping can be a pregnancy symptom, but many times it is just a sign your period is on it's way. I TTC'ed for a L-O-N-G time so I remember very well trying to talk myself into every little twinge being a sign. I even developed these "rules" like, okay, if I get a pimple then it must be AF cause I always get pimples before AF. And a certain spot on my breasts hurt when AF was right about to come. Yup, even BFP cycle I had these, just like every other month. 

The cycle I got my BFP I had given up trying.  I had no classic symptoms, everything seemed completely like the previous months and only tested this time when my AF was a day late cause I am like clockwork. I almost fainted when it turned BFP! I must have taken hundreds of those suckers over the years only to see complete BFN every time.

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#6 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Yup! And we were charting and TTC, so I was on the lookout for symptoms and everything. Ours was only a twelve-day wait, but still. :p Not a symptom to be seen.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#7 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 06:06 PM

Nothing here. I don't think I had anything recognizable as a pregnancy symptom until probably 6-8 weeks. The only possible indicator was sore breasts, but I often get those leading up to my period anyway. I didn't really feel definitely pregnant until I felt the baby move!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#8 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 PM

I'm in my second pregnancy now, and have never had any noticeable symptoms until 6 weeks (since LMP).

#9 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 PM

The only symptom I had was fatigue. I was sooo annoyed with myself for wasting winter break sleeping the days away, then after throwing up my multivitamin, I was like "oooO!!!"  That was about week 6.

In my defense, I did have bright red spotting about when my period was due (and had a pattern of very light and short periods, admittedly not THAT short, but I already was expecting AF) and had reason to believe I hadn't ovulated.

Best way to 2ww ever, by the way.

#10 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

None. I simply tested because I told myself if I hit 14dpo I'd test. I was SHOCKED it was +.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#11 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'm not pregnant now but I had no symptoms either. I did a test because I'd had no signs of ovulation that month.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#12 of 16 Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM

I even had some spotting 3 days before AF was due, and I sometimes did that on a normal BFN cycle. In retrospect it was probably implantation, but I had thought that everytime I spotted before AF before, so this time I was like " Ehhh, time to carry around a tampon, it's coming." 

That tampon just about dissolved in my purse this week and I had to take it out and throw it away! LMAO!

I didn't have any noticeable symptoms until 6 weeks. So that is kinda good news though, you know? You're not out till the ol' witch arrives!!! I truly believe that now!

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#13 of 16 Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had absolutely zero symptoms this time. And also with baby #4. And I was charting & TTC so I was obsessing over every twinge, but still never felt a thing & was shocked to see those BFPs!

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#14 of 16 Old 04-15-2011, 02:13 PM

What is 2WW?? I didn't have symptoms until week 8. One day i thought i was ovulating and did a test for ovulation. It was positive. Then for 4 days after i felt like i was ovulating. I kept testing and my ovulation strips were positive for 5 days straight. I said, no way! I hope i don't have 5 eggs popping out...one a day! DH said to google it and see if anyone else had this happen. Folks on line said go test for pregnancy and sure enough...i was pregnant. Since i didn't have symptoms, it was hard to believe i was pregnant.

DH, and Me plus baby girl (10/07)
#15 of 16 Old 04-15-2011, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

2ww = 2 week wait, the time between ovulation and AF or a BFP

The only symptoms I had were my normal AF symptoms.  I always got sore breasts before my period, and I knew that the day they stopped being sore my period would come.  I woke up on Sunday morning, gave myself a squeeze, found I was no longer sore and put a pad on for the day.  By the end of the day, still no  blood.  Monday morning, the soreness hadn't returned, and I hadn't gotten my period yet either.  Took my temp which was still high, and that's when I took the pregnancy test.  We were TTA, and I was totally shocked!

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#16 of 16 Old 04-16-2011, 08:48 AM

I never have symptoms during the 2WW, they don't start until I hit 6 weeks. It's like clockwork. 

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page