Nose bleeds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm about 14/15 weeks (depending on which date the doctor is using at a given time) and for the past week or so have been having nose bleeds.  My last blood work a few weeks ago showed that my blood levels were normal, I'm not anemic or anything like that.  The air isn't particularly dry and my allergies aren't bothering me.  This isn't an issue I've ever had before.  Is there anything preventive I can do or do I just deal?

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 AM

It's prefectly norma during pregnancy. I have had nosebleeds like cracy this time around, it is because the mucous membranes in your nose swell due to the increase in blood volume- if you google "nosebleeds during pregnancy" you will find a ton of info on it. There's not much that can be done but using a neti pot regularly and a warm mist humifyer in my room at night helped tremendously.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:09 AM

I had terrible nosebleeds during my pregnancy, but mine were due to a genetic condition that predisposes me to nosebleeds. So pregnancy made them really intense. I remember waking up to go to the bathroom one night and looking in the mirror to see that my face was covered in blood. Needless to say, I was a little alarmed because it took my sleepy brain a few seconds to process why I had a bloody face! But the docs just told me to avoid blowing my nose, but that's pretty much the only thing you can do to help them. Mine got better towards the end of the pregnancy, so maybe yours will too. Just keep some tissue handy at all times! :)

User Tag List