Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

BFS ~ Anymore signs of labor? Contractions?

Eh, not really any more than I have been getting the last few weeks. I'm crampy, like menstrual cramps, a lot on and off throughout the day, especially at night, and once in a while I'll get one pretty strong contraction that makes me look at the clock, thinking, ok, let's see if the next one comes in 5 minutes or so, but it never does. And then just random BH that aren't painful. All my other signs, like the gobs of mucus I mentioned, the diarrhea, have all gone away for the time being.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about PTL anymore, right?

I'm taking my boys to a pediatrician today for the first time in over 3 years. I'm so nervous about it. It's just to establish a relationship with one in case I need to take the baby for anything. I was told this one doctor is ok with not vaxing. I sure hope the info I got is correct. I don't need any hassles right now.

Anyone know of any natural ways to treat depression and irritability while pg? I've been having a really hard time the past week or so. Irritability is probably my main problem but that leads to being me feeling depressed. I know I need more sleep but it's not like I don't sleep enough by choice. I think maybe St. John's Wort is ok while pg but I get so confused about how to take stuff like that. For example, is it really only tinctures that work or can I take some capsules that I get from the drug store?

ETA: Anyone know why sometimes the quote will keep multiple posts in it (like this one) and sometimes only the last post?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 AM

as for quotes; no idea as I often don't do them.

have you looked at any mood-lifter sort of teas? they may be just fine to take during pregnancy, I found this one: http://www.congeeherbs.com/product/722659 and a good chart at this site: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/isitsafeto/herb&drugchart/ - none of the herbs are listed as do not take while pregnant. 

Hope your trip to the Ped goes well . . . DS hasn't been since he was 4 months old.

Carrie, your Mother's Day sounds lovely! I had a migraine and wish our mother's day could be that simple, but there is too much family nearby; did breakfast with my mom and spent the afternoon with DH's family. nice people, but with my headache, and DS recovering from whatever he had, I could have used a day to just relax.

BFS: Almost there! I know the longer the baby cooks the better, but at least you are nearly at a comfortable delivery zone.

MM and MW: If gas prices aren't too sky high, we will be in your area around the 4th of July, it would be great to run into you.

I love spinach raw, but not cooked! how funny.. I don't eat much of it, because I don't really do salads often. MW: maybe it is the protein in the egg that is making you feel better, rather than the greens?

Met with the doula yesterday, and I think we have a match! I am so glad, I really didn't want to have to do several interviews. One of the things I really like is that she had a VBAC at the hospital where I will deliver - and just 8 months ago - so she is familiar with what their procedures are - especially in regards to VBAC, and will be knowing some of the staff also. DH was able to come, which is good, because sometimes he thinks of questions I wouldn't think to ask. Anyway, all in all a good visit, though DS was rather unhappy the whole time. Plus she said we have a good babywearing group in Columbia, which I didn't know! but will be looking into.

1/2 way through tomorrow! yay!  

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, katrina, already halfway through?! I can't believe it. That's great that your doula has the previous experience of what you will be needing.

I have not looked into any teas. Thanks. I mentioned the eggs and got no comment about that. But I had already been eating 2 eggs a day most days so I don't think it's that. I'm not eating anymore just having them in a salad instead of a sandwich.

We'll be here around the 4th of July. It would be fun if we could meet up.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 AM

Ugh. I'm a little irritated at my sister right now, through no real fault of her own. My mom was originally planning to come tomorrow, to stay for a week, help me nest or whatever, and I'm really hoping she'll be able to be here for the birth. Well, a few days ago my sister found an apartment in the city she's moving to and so now my mom is going to take her to see it and sign papers or whatever tomorrow. So she said she was coming Thursday and staying until next Thursday, which is good because my MIL is busy next Thursday so I need someone around for DS in case labor happens that day. But then today my sister informs us she is graduating on Friday and would like my mom there, so now my mom is going to her graduation and coming her afterwards, so she won't be here until Friday night. So now I'm hoping labor holds out till then...but I was really looking forward to my mom's visit and it keeps getting pushed back! You'd think the graduation would have been planned a little more in advance. She still has a thesis to finish so she doesn't officially graduate until end of summer but she gets to walk on Friday and get her hood and everything. I am happy and proud for her but just a little annoyed it's messing with my mom's visit. irked.gif

Probably because I'm pregnant and cranky. lol.gif

And nope, no longer worried about PTL! I am 37 weeks tomorrow so I am good to go!

We live practically right next door to Target and I've had a registry set up there for a while. So I got my coupon in the mail for 10% off what's left on my registry and I thought, hmm that's a good idea, even considering how sick I am of Target, living right next to it and all. So last night we took DS over there and let him go wild with the scanner. We put stuff like sunblock and baby Tylenol on there, and even stuff not for baby that we kind of need (cheating I know, haha) so we can go for a shopping spree and pick up what we need when my mom gets here. She wants to buy our pack-and-play for us, so we put a few of those on there we can choose from, and a sit-and-stand stroller, and then we'll just grab whatever else we want to get the discount on. I thought it was a good plan. winky.gif

akind, halfway! Woo hoo! joy.gif

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 11:16 AM

And my sister talks about me stealing her thunder! LOL (I got married the same YEAR she graduated high school, for example) hope your labor holds out for your mom's visit!

We love Target; but then we don't live right next door to one either. Am in there entirely too often for our own good.

Maybe it helps being less carbs? without the bread? I dunno. but I was thinking, that one tea I linked to, the major factor is St. John's Wort, and you could take that in pill form rather than tea, if you aren't so much a tea person.

I think my mom believes a doula is kind of weird, I mean, I'll have her and DH in the room. But I had them both in there with DS and they weren't really a great help, TBH. I think they both wanted to help, but didn't know how, and even if I knew, I was in no position or mood to tell them either. I just want to pull out all the stops to make sure I am doing everything in my power to have a VBAC. I figure, once I have done one, I will have more confidence and everything for the next one. (I think I have got DH to agree to 3 kiddos! yay! - he was kind of stuck on 2, but I just feel that this isn't my last baby.)

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 12:20 PM

akind-- that's great about the doula! Sounds wonderful. 

Have you tried rescue remedy MW? It's not really a long term all day solution, but it can be very helpful for periods of anxiety. Everything in it is ok for pregnancy, so you could look up the individual ingredients as well and take those. It's all based on bach flower remedies. 

BFS: That sucks. Family can be so disappointing sometimes. I emailed all my family last week letting them know I was graduating June 1st, and that I didn't expect them to go to the ceremony, but I wanted to get together for dinner or lunch that day to celebrate. I got an immediate email back from my brother (who works a nonsense job in a warehouse), saying that he would be working that day from at least 1-10pm, but that he was proud of me.   It was just so... silly. Like three weeks out, you couldn't see if you could switch around one single shift. I'm not surprised really, but it's typical. 

I have one SIL that is a 'thunder thief' for everything. She has tried to monopolize every single exciting event in the family's lives. Down to things like one SIL got engaged... and when she was calling around telling everyone, the thunder thief was like "oh, but guess what! and then started announcing to everyone that they were pregnant." Thanksgiving last year, she was too sick to come to the family gathering, but still called during dinner, and announced that she was pregnant again. She knew that DH and I wanted to have a baby, and that our other SIL had been told they couldn't have any more children. It was a very cold way of doing it, and actually ruined the whole night. 

And so... she's due next week, and we're hovering at 10.5 weeks and getting to the point where we're going to have to tell people soon, since I'm starting to show more than I thought I would. We're trying to be respectful about the whole thing, but part of me wants to show her what it feels like and announcer it at the 'best' possible time. lol. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
And so... she's due next week, and we're hovering at 10.5 weeks and getting to the point where we're going to have to tell people soon, since I'm starting to show more than I thought I would. We're trying to be respectful about the whole thing, but part of me wants to show her what it feels like and announcer it at the 'best' possible time. lol. 

Oooh, you totally should!  That would be real sweet. demon.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

We love Target; but then we don't live right next door to one either. Am in there entirely too often for our own good.

We live close too, and they have a starbucks.  Which is where my 3-4 times weekly mocha coconut frappucino habit comes from.  Damn those things are good.  Taste like girl scout cookies -- you know, the ones that are round with the coconut and are chewy.  OMG heaven.  And if you get them with just fat free or soy milk and no whip, grande is only 210 calories!! 

Quote:

1/2 way through tomorrow! yay!  

Hooray for halfway!!  I'm so excited for you to find out the sex.  I can't wait!! I bet you can't either!!

AFM - I'm just WIPED today.  It's gorgeous out but I just can't bring myself to go outside with DD again!  I have a ton of chores to do inside, and I'm actually hoping to get them done rather than entertain her outside.  Isn't that horrible?  I'd rather do laundry than blow bubbles or take her to the park.  Sigh.  In my defense, I have done those things with her every day for the past 3 days!  Does that count?  LOL!!

Anyone else having *ahem* issues DTD?  3rd tri DTD was an issue with us the first time, and it seems like it's going to be that way again.  Things just don't line up right, or it's just painful for me.  I cant lay on my back or be on top for too long (mostly b/c I'm too heavy and feel like my legs are going to fall off), and it's just...frustrating.  Good thing we both have a sense of humor!!  Can anyone commiserate?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 05-10-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Anyone else having *ahem* issues DTD?  3rd tri DTD was an issue with us the first time, and it seems like it's going to be that way again.  Things just don't line up right, or it's just painful for me.  I cant lay on my back or be on top for too long (mostly b/c I'm too heavy and feel like my legs are going to fall off), and it's just...frustrating.  Good thing we both have a sense of humor!!  Can anyone commiserate?

It's become more challenging but my libido has drastically increased over the past few weeks. Totally wasn't expecting that! I feel like I do when I'm about to ovulate. DH smells better to me, and I want to touch him all the time. Not necessarily in a sexual way but I want to hold his hand, touch his arm when we are laying in bed, etc. Big change for me because normally I am a "touch-me-not". DH isn't complaining though!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ The only way I can commiserate is to say that I've been glad my dh hasn't been home wanting to dtd. There's no way I would want to do that right now. That's one nice thing about him being deployed while I'm pg. No pressure.

BFS ~ That stinks. I have the opposite problem. My mom just told it will be a while before she can visit again because she has so much going on and I was relieved. lol.gif She visits way too much, imo. I couldn't even keep her away when we lived in Hawaii.

Rescue Remedy? I think I looked into that once a long time ago. It was kind of complicated, though, all those different herbs and what they were supposed to treat, unless I'm getting it confused with something else.

I am so aggravated with the pediatricians office. When I made the appointment I asked for a specific doctor because I was told he's non-vax friendly. I told the person on the phone I didn't care about anything else except seeing that doctor. So, I go in today for my appointment to find out that, first, he's never in the office where they made my appointment on Tuesdays. He's only there on Thursdays. Second, he's on vacation right now anyway. The person who made my appointment made a mistake twice by missing both of those facts and scheduling me anyway. I did not keep the appointment. I did reschedule but I'm going to check the vax policy of our old pediatrician again. When we first started going there they didn't seem to have a problem with us not vaxing. Several months later I heard that they had changed their vax policy and had become a bit hostile toward people who didn't vax. My dh was berated by the records person there once because we don't vax. That's when I stopped taking the kids there. Anyway, that was an office support person and not one of the doctors so I want to check with them.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM

MW, do you have to tell them you won't vax?  Our ped group isn't non-vax friendly, but we selectively vax so it's not an issue completely.  I just tell them (when pressed) that "I'm still thinking about that one and need more time to decide".  And they really have never given me any trouble.  I think Nora is wayyyy behind on a few (we haven't started some, even) but they never mention it.

I'm ok with DTD like once a week.  I think that's fair -- and if DH wants more than that he gets a different service b/c my girl bits are just NOT in shape for much activity.  Everything is so tender and sore.  And I've got terrible annoying hemorrhoids that really don't make touching down there any fun.  Plus I just have such bad gas!!  Ugh.  So yeah, not feeling too sexy lately!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Rescue remedy is sold in drops, or I have it in a spray. So it's all combined already for you. You just spray a few squirts onto your tongue, and within a minute or so you should be able to feel yourself relax. It may be placebo, but it works for DH too when he's stressed about interviews or exams and such. http://www.rescueremedy.com/

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, JJ. I googled it and saw that it's not exactly what I was thinking. I think I looked into the various bach flowers or whatever they are once and got so overwhelmed.

Carrie ~ Yeah, I kind of feel the need to tell them that we won't vax. Otherwise, there's really no point in me trying to find a ped. I'd like to have a place I can call and make a sick appointment for the same or next day if needed. I want someone I can be completely open and honest with. Considering that the whole point in well-checks, as far as I can tell, is to give vaxes, I want whomever we see to know we don't vax. IDK, maybe it's not necessary but my MW has been pushing me to have a pediatrician lined up for the baby.

I have a doctor I take my kids to for urgent care but it's walk-in and can be a hassle. Also, I don't know if they see newborns. I'm going to call them to find out about that. That's the problem I keep running into the GPs and FPs. For whatever reason, a lot of them around here don't see newborns.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 PM

As for the ehmm . . . at first it was awesome, TBH, but last time it did start out painful, but got better. With DS, it started out painful from the very beginning (before I even got a + hpt), consequently, we didn't DTD much at all then.

I am very happy about the doula.

I love Frapps . . . have yet to take advantage of happy hour, need to though!

LOL; my house is a wreck, because I would rather be doing anything other than cleaning! as much as the house needs it . . . .

Old 05-10-2011, 03:17 PM

MW, what a pain about the ped. greensad.gif That's weird that so many GPs won't see newborns. I thought the point of a GP was that they see the whole family, all life-stages, etc.

Being pregnant has made me feel like I'm ovulating this time around too. Especially late 2nd and early 3rd trimesters, I was just nuts. innocent.gif I cut myself/DH off sex for a while when I was worried about going too soon, but now that I'm full term I'm ready to go again. DH is less ready, I think he's still worried about causing labor. Sex is what kicked off labor with our DS. I know I'm going to have absolutely no interest whatsoever after the baby is born for oh...like a year and a half lol.gif at least that's what happened last time, so I'd like to get a few more fun nights in... redface.gif

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 05-10-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

MW, what a pain about the ped. greensad.gif That's weird that so many GPs won't see newborns. I thought the point of a GP was that they see the whole family, all life-stages, etc.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, which is what I like about them. I got fed up trying to find one that would see all of us. At least the walk-in place I go to sees all of us for now. I can make appointments there, too, but they don't make urgent appointments since they take walk-ins. That means I can either walk-in and potentially wait as long as 4 hours (that's the longest we've waited before) or make an appointment for 2 weeks to a month or more later. eyesroll.gif Since I really don't go to the doctor unless it's urgent, that's a real pain. It's hard enough waiting hours with a 3yo and a 7yo. I don't even want to think about how much harder it will be with a baby as well.

I won't have to worry about dtd for at least 7 months after baby is born, too. I probably won't have much interest even then based on previous experience. My dh will definitely have to step up and do more at home if he wants me to have the time and energy to do that.

7yo ds is cutting Toys-R-Us coupons out of their mailer. He's already figured out how much savings he can get with them so now I've told him he needs to figure out how much he has to spend to get those savings. Of course, the cost of the things even after the coupons is way more than the savings. He's cutting coupons for stuff for the baby, too. hehe

Old 05-10-2011, 04:24 PM

Does your MW check out the baby at the 3 day visit?  Is she doing a 3 day visit, I guess I should ask?  If anything is obviously wrong at that visit she would catch it, I would think.  

I have to "let the ped know" that I'm planning a homebirth and what not, which I think is a bit of a hassle, too.  And bring the baby within 5 days. Though, with DD we were treated like royalty.  I brought her in and they let us wait behind the nurses station and all the nurses flocked around asking me questions about home birthing.  It was wonderful really, so I hope I get that much love this time around! lol.gif  Made me feel special and important, for no real reason other than the fact I had a baby!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:13 PM

You guys are super chatty! I can't keep up with the whole thread. I've skimmed so I got the general idea ;) 

If anyone needs help with Bach remedies, give me a holler- I took a class on them. They're so great! 

I'm super nauseous and exhausted. I feel like I have the stomach flu all day long. I'm good for nothing---barely functioning.  I think this baby is a keeper! I never felt sick last time around or this early in any of my other pregnancies. I'm having daily dreams about slinging and nursing a baby boy (last night it was twin boys! ack!)----it's so sweet. I feel like I'm getting to "know" him. I'm just assuming it's one boy. We told the kids because my 4yoDD blurted out at dinner last week, "So, when are you going to have your baby?"> I looked at DH and he said "Go for it". The kids are all so excited! 

Katrina--can't wait to hear what you're having!

Carrie--- the only thing that helped with DTD in past pregnancies was the spooning position. I never had hemorrhoids so maybe this wouldn't be a good position for you. 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 PM

I don't see a post I thought I'd made earlier...MW, yes, my friend is also a Leader.  We have another Leader, thank goodness, who can manage things while we are busy having our babies in August!

DTD itself is good for me (extra lube helps, even if I seem to be good to go), but afterwards I feel so swollen for at least half a day.  Since DH is still only here on weekends we've only been managing once/wk.  I don't know if I can handle a higher frequency, but I'm not opposed to trying!

DD2 told me tonight the thing she's most looking forward to about being a big sister is holding the baby.  She says she's never held a baby before, and I think she's right, but it surprised me!  We're around babies all the time!

Carrie, that is so awesome that you got the royal treatment at your peds for having a homebirth!  

I haven't really thought about how I'm going to handle the newborn checkup stuff.  Guess I'd better do that...  I don't remember when I first took DD2 in, but it wasn't immediately.  I think the dr assumed she'd been somewhere else already.  I want to get this one in quicker b/c I'm paranoid about CPS, and IME the biggest red flag for them (or for a dr who might report) is missing "standard" checkups.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 05-11-2011, 12:17 AM

MM-- I used to get that EVERY time we dtd, until the past year maybe. I think a lot of it is just that our relationship got a lot better, so I was happier, more comfortable, or more 'into' dtd, but before that I used to joke that I don't know how people could dtd every day, because it literally would take me 2-3 days to recover, even when as you said, I felt like there had been enough lube. But then magically the past year that's totally gone away. 

I'm embarassed to admit we've only dtd I think twice since the pos test. At first I was so nervous about the spotting I was having, and now I've just been feeling sooo crappy that the idea of it make me cringe. When I feel like throwing up, obviously the last thing I want is to be intimate. However, I think the actual MS is gone now, and I'm just left with the awful cold/flu I caught late last week, so hopefully once it clears up, I'll be good to go again. Poor DH has been so patient!!

Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 AM

Officially at the 1/2 point today, and counting down to finding out the sex on Monday . . . the closer we get, the more ambivalent I am about which one the baby is . . . On one hand, I would love to be able to buy all the adorable girl stuff I see (or at least some of it), OTOH, it would be easier to have a boy, since we have one already and they would be close in age. *sigh* we will know when we will know.

It is funny, nearly everyone says your sex drive perks up in the 2T; but I think we were far more active in the 1st. The last month or so has been pretty lacking, with only one or two exceptions. I am hoping it does perk up soon  - I find myself more irritated more often with DH when we are having a dry spell.

I had an episode of pregnancy brain + shopping (alone) with a toddler last night; left my check card at Target and didn't realize it until very late, so had to report it lost. oy. not my best moment. I think DH was a bit irritated, but really, it is one of those things that once done, I can't undo. There is no sense in being mad about it. And he is coming down with this respiratory bug that is going around.

Carrie, that is lovely, that you were so well treated at your ped's office!

MW: good luck finding a ped, I know it isn't an easy thing to be doing, even when you do things by the (ped's) book. Finding one you get along with can be tough. Getting along with the staff is usally the hardest part, at least based on my friends' experiences. We go so rarely that it hasn't been an issue.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:

Officially at the 1/2 point today, and counting down to finding out the sex on Monday . . . the closer we get, the more ambivalent I am about which one the baby is . . . On one hand, I would love to be able to buy all the adorable girl stuff I see (or at least some of it), OTOH, it would be easier to have a boy, since we have one already and they would be close in age. *sigh* we will know when we will know.

It is funny, nearly everyone says your sex drive perks up in the 2T; but I think we were far more active in the 1st. The last month or so has been pretty lacking, with only one or two exceptions. I am hoping it does perk up soon  - I find myself more irritated more often with DH when we are having a dry spell.

Woohoo for 1/2 way!! I felt the same right before we were going to find out.  I kept flipping back and forth with what I thought it was, and what would be "better", LOL!  In the end like, 3 or 4 days before, I was just like, "Whatever!  I have to stop thinking about this, we will find out soon enough!" LOL so funny!  

We crammed in a lot of DTD (haha, no pun intended) during the first tri b/c we figured things woud get awkward quickly like it did with my first pg.  we were right!  Even though I was nauseous, tired, etc, I made a deal with DH that if I got to nap during the day at some point he was much more likely to get laid.  Haha, and it really did work out that way!  He even got cute about it, some days just telling me, "hey, go take a nap," with a smirk!  Haha!  Sigh, those days are gone!  LOL.  Now it's like, we look at each other after I put Nora to bed and say, "TV or bed?" and 9 times out of 10 we choose TV!  I know, we suck.  But we love each other, I swear!  

Oh crap, our 5 year wedding anniversary is next week!  Maybe we'll get a date night!? That would be wonderful!!

So, I've been having a lot of fears about birth.  Not about the pain of birth, but the outcome -- specifically stillbirth.  Been kind of silly about it, getting worked up and what not, and just having issues.  The person I gave my Hypnobabies stuff too unfortunately lost it all, but I can't blame her b/c I never said I wanted it back.  I basically gave it to her and said I wouldn't use it again, do what you wish.  Well, anyhow, DH tells me yesterday that all the tracks are saved on the macbook!  So, I put them on my iPod and last night I did the Fear Release script before bed.  I slept like a ROCK.  No nightmares, no waking up in a panic, no laying there for half an hour or more wondering if this little boy is going to live.  And this morning, I'm just excited to have a baby!  I'm going to keep it up.  This is wonderful.  I need this for my sanity!!

Not only that, but I haven't TOUCHED those tracks since before Nora's birth.  But within the first few minutes, I totally was able to slip into hypnosis (into center switch, even) and felt totally relaxed.  I couldn't believe the suggestions were that powerful!  Very cool.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going to not bother with a ped. I don't do well checks and I don't feel the need for the baby to see a ped since he will be seen by my MW until 6 weeks PP. I've got places I can take him for urgent and emergent care if needed that probably wouldn't even involve any ped I might pick anyway since I don't have to name a PCM for him.

Shannon ~ I don't know if not going to regular check ups is a red flag for docs but it is not supposed to be for CPS workers. I asked the CPS worker who investigated us that and she said there is no law or requirement that you to take your baby to the doctor is s/he isn't ill or injured. You are required to get medical treatment for an illness or injury so, if you were to show up at the doc's with a sick kid and then refuse treatment, that would probably be an issue. But if you only went once a year for check ups or only when your baby/child was sick you should be fine. I've never had a problem with that. We skip the GPs all together and go straight to the specialists, like the allergist or dermatologist or orthopedist. They always ask who the PCM is and I just say we don't have one. It never comes up again.

Of course, that doesn't mean that an overzealous doctor won't report you if they think you should be coming more regularly so I can understand your concern. That's why I avoid the peds and GPs. Specialists don't expect to see us on a regular basis so if we show up once and never come back it's not an issue.

Katrina ~ I lost my check card a while ago. I searched for it for days but finally gave up and reported it lost. 2 days later I found it in my purse stuck between the pages of a little notepad I keep in there. eyesroll.gif

Kinder ~ I hope you feel better soon.

Carrie ~ That's really cool about the Hypnobabies stuff. I still have not actually done anything about replacing my book. I'm just not motivated.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Of course, that doesn't mean that an overzealous doctor won't report you if they think you should be coming more regularly so I can understand your concern. 

Yeah, my social worker told me the same thing, but it didn't stop the dr from reporting us.  Technically, he reported us for failure to thrive, but if we'd brought DD in to a couple more "well baby" visits I'm certain he wouldn't have reported.  

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Yeah, my social worker told me the same thing, but it didn't stop the dr from reporting us.  Technically, he reported us for failure to thrive, but if we'd brought DD in to a couple more "well baby" visits I'm certain he wouldn't have reported.  

I thought he reported you for not agreeing to his treatment plan. That whole situation could have been avoided by not going at all, right? I mean, it was just a well check up. You didn't have any concerns for her health when you made the appointment, right?

That's why I don't even do annual exams for my kids. I'm afraid someone will freak because ds2 can't read fluently yet or ds3 isn't completely potty trained or doesn't speak 100% clearly yet. I'm sure they'd recommend speech therapy for ds3 and who knows if someone could report me for educational neglect since we unschool. Last time I took ds2 the doc recommended therapy for sensory processing disorder or whatever it's called. I didn't tell the doc I wasn't going to do that but I didn't follow up with the therapy place. He has since grown out of whatever the "problem" was at the time. eyesroll.gif

I understand why things are done the way they are but it's sad that anyone can report you for anything and it has to be investigated. KWIM? Parents are not given the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, btw, have you been to the naval hospital yet to ask about those support panties? I called just a minute ago and was told I could try the warehouse but no one really seemed to know where to get them. I was transferred to the pharmacy, which I was pretty sure wouldn't have something like that, and was told to take my script someplace out in town.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM

Yes, it's insane that people can report parents for things that CPS doesn't consider a problem.  In my situation, I had several strikes against me in the dr's mind: 1) small kid 2) hadn't been to see him in 6+ months 3) asked for an alternative treatment 4) selectively vax.  irked.gif

My appointment at Naval is on Tues.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 PM

I can't imagine a doctor reporting for those reasons...that's truly nut-so! Land of the "free"....not so much. Geeze!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 05-11-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, I gotcha, Shannon. Bad doctor. Was it your PCM?

I didn't get an answer from anyone when I called the naval hospital. My neighbor who works there as a patient rep said you'd get it from supply, whatever that is. Not sure how to find that place or get in touch with anyone there. I didn't have the patience and just got a band from the medical supply store. I'm not sure I like it. I had been wearing it since about 5:30 and don't feel any better. I even felt like maybe it was causing my legs to swell more. I just took it off and actually feel better without it.

I've been putting my changing table together today so my back is killing me anyway. I've almost got it done. I can't wait to get the diapers in there so I can really get an idea of what I've got and if I need anything else. I finally got to try my Muttaqin OS 8-35 lbs. diapers on an 8 lb. baby today. It fit really well so I'm excited about that.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 AM

Glad you got the changing table all put together! and that the Muttaquins fit! boo for back pain though.

I have heard people suggest that support belt thing and it doesn't look like it would be comfortable. Moreover,it would be hot.  hope your back improves quickly!

I have had a lot less hip pain since seeing both the massage therapist and chiro on last Friday. the relief has lasted longer than just seeing the chiro alone. will definitely be doing again!

I hope we never have to deal with CPS.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 AM

It was N's PCM, but we'd only seen him once or twice.  I was looking for a family dr.  eyesroll.gif 

Kinder, yes, I had those thoughts, too.  And it was worse b/c DH was deployed to Iraq at the time.  So I had some "my DH is defending what freedoms??" thoughts.

MW, I'll let you know what I find out about bands/undies after I go.  I'm not really having any pain...I have a vulvar varicosity and a fair amount of heaviness in that area.  No back pain, but after seeing a pic of myself at term w/DD2 I think it might be smart to give my abs some help...my belly was just so far out in front it looks impossible & gravity defying.  

Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

It was N's PCM, but we'd only seen him once or twice.  I was looking for a family dr.  eyesroll.gif 

Kinder, yes, I had those thoughts, too.  And it was worse b/c DH was deployed to Iraq at the time.  So I had some "my DH is defending what freedoms??" thoughts.

MW, I'll let you know what I find out about bands/undies after I go.  I'm not really having any pain...I have a vulvar varicosity and a fair amount of heaviness in that area.  No back pain, but after seeing a pic of myself at term w/DD2 I think it might be smart to give my abs some help...my belly was just so far out in front it looks impossible & gravity defying.  

See, that's why I don't even go for annual check ups. I figure I know when my kids are healthy and doing well and don't need to spend all of that time just so someone else can tell me they are fine as well. And, I certainly don't want to risk having someone think there is something wrong with one of them and have to deal with all of that mess.

I feel the same way about the freedoms. I used to be a very liberal, card carrying Democrat. The more I've gotten into AP and NFL, the further away from that I have moved. It's really difficult for me because I think there is a need for a lot of the social programs that government sets up but I can't accept all the rules and requirements that come along with them. I understand there is a fine line between allowing parents to make their own decisions about their children and protecting children from abuse and neglect. It's really difficult for me to see the difference sometimes. IDK

I've already got my band so it's too late for me to get one from the naval hospital. My script was also for the support panties because I'm having the same problem as you are. That's actually what I got the script for rather than my back pain. I'm hoping the band will help with the back pain as well. The people at the medical supply store said no one hardly ever uses those panties anymore because they don't really do anything. They are just as thin as regular underwear but come with elastic straps for over your shoulders and most people think they are ridiculous. They said the band should do the job. We shall see. I certainly didn't feel the instant relief that I was told I would feel.

Tags
Hypbirth Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit Dvd , Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth , Husband Coached Childbirth Fifth Edition The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth
User Tag List