May 2011 Whatever Ladies Graduates - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Heartburn is killing me. It's been waking me up at night burning and tasting nasty! Blech!

Me too!  I just posted in my DDC about it yesterday b/c I've really had enough.  I'm *thisclose* to talking to my mw about taking something like Pepcid.  Papaya enzymes are a joke at this point and Tums work but are so short term.  I have to keep taking them!!  Ugh, its the WORST.  I don't remember it being like this with DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Yesterday morning was so rough - I was working from home, DH was in class, and DS wanted I have no idea what, not to be held, or take a nap, he had eaten plenty . . .I think he just wanted my attention, but it was driving me nuts and crying, and my emotions got the better of me and I broke out in sobs, which scared him even more, and then he started really bawling . . .I said, forget work right now, we are going to Moe's for $5 burritos (well, he gets a kids meal) and a little grocery shopping. That did the trick. I feel so much better now I was able to really cry for a bit (much as I really hate to) - and when we got back, DS took a nice 4 hour nap, so I could work! yay! I almost always have my real emotional breakdowns when DH isn't there, so even when I tell him about them, I don't think he really believes it was as bad as it was. but that is ok, I guess. I would rather not have him think I am an emotional basketcase - even though it is true sometimes!

hug2.gifEmotional outbursts are rough!  But soooo therapeutic.  How cool your DS then took a wonderful nap.  Sounds like fun, going out for burritos!!!  

AFM - Feeling good after a 2.34 mile stroller walk this morning!!!  I admit it, I feel strong and badass.  But now all I want is a frappucino and a nap.  LOL!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#242 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 09:44 AM

Forgot, but think you asked about the Arm's reach?  I had it with DS and while I liked it fine, I opted to sell mine (had got it off craigslist anyway) and this time going with a packnplay with a full size bassinet to keep bedside. really, the same difference, way cuter, and folds up and travels a lot easier too. folding up and moving the co-sleeper is a pain. IMHO of course!

something similiar to the mini which is cute and maybe a bit more practical in the long run: this (because it could easily be moved around the house if needed, and I think you can have baby in the bottom part, so long as they fit lengthwise) so more use than just a bassinet.

also registered for this for naps. the negative reviews seem largely to do with flat spots for people who use this for all of their baby's sleep time (naps and overnights). I don't think you'd have that issue if used for short sleeps.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#243 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 AM

MW, I didn't think St. John's Wort was safe for pregnancy? Or is that just in early pregnancy? I hope it's ok because it might help you out, I just want to make sure you've checked...

I'm so laaaaazy.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#244 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Congratulations PDiannet!!! love.gif

We saw the baby today!!! A heartbeat of 130 and she gave me a due date of January 5th but I'm just going to stick with the 6th. We have a few pictures...it actually looks like a human already (LOL)....head, body, arm buds & leg buds. We saw the long cord (so cool), the heart beating (yay!), the yolk sac and what appears to be only one baby! Yay! I had absolutely no anxiety about the appointment today---so amazing how mother intuition is so clear. With my miscarriage, I just knew I wasn't going to see the baby on both ultrasounds. I was scared and nervous etc.

Speaking of cloth diapers, I've already bought some wool covers in NB and small. I can't decide between newborn Motherease XS Sandys or preemie and orange-edged prefolds. I might do a little of each. I think I'll get my hands on some AIOs or pockets for out of the house. Not sure. After the newborn stage, I don't know what I'm going to use..maybe just larger sizes of what I start out with. I guess I can decide then. I have to start all over with everything...I gave everything away. I used Fuzzibunz for the last two babes (that's not to say that I didn't spend a ton on trying everything else!). I'm drawn to wool this time...first winter baby!

I just bought 2 maternity pants because my belly is filling out. I got love handles pretty much immediately WTF! I've gained somewhere between 6-8lbs already. Damn! It's because I have to eat all the time to keep nausea at bay and I'm also hungry every hour on the hour. I can't remember how I fast I gained in past pregnancies. I know I started out this pregnancy 15lbs heavier though so I'm feeling a little down on my body....right now, I just look pudgy. I can't wait to have a hard belly so I have an excuse for my enlarged bum! LOL 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#245 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

also registered for this for naps. the negative reviews seem largely to do with flat spots for people who use this for all of their baby's sleep time (naps and overnights). I don't think you'd have that issue if used for short sleeps.

One of my friends used this last year for her baby and he never developed any flat spots or anything like that. It was his sole sleeping place until he was 4 months old. She has loaned it to us so I will use it some of the time. If baby arrives before we can get the crib, then she will spend more time in it! It's super easy because it folds up so nice to travel with. Once we have the crib, I envision keeping this in the living room to have a safe place to buckle baby in especially if the older kids are home.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#246 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Congrats on seeing the heartbeat Kindermama! joy.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#247 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 12:30 PM

Kindermama, what great news! I actually crocheted a couple wool covers, but was too chicken to actually use them. Silly me just "gets" PUL better I guess!

Annie, glad to know someone else has used and likes it. Generally the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, there are just a few that say they blame babies flat spots and torticullis on the rocker. (FWIW, anything you put a baby in and leave baby in so much of the time where they can't move alot seems like it could cause that issue - memo to people: hold your babies! - when you can, anyway)

I am ready for this workday to be over!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#248 of 291 Old 05-24-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

MW, I didn't think St. John's Wort was safe for pregnancy? Or is that just in early pregnancy? I hope it's ok because it might help you out, I just want to make sure you've checked...

I'm so laaaaazy.

My Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year recommends it for all kinds of issues. Also, my MW when I was pg with ds3 recommended it for me. Actually, in just rechecking the safety in my book I learned it's supposed to be helpful for back pain and provide relief equivalent to a chiropractic adjustment. That would be a major bonus. Interestingly, it's not listed in the section on fatigue and mood changes.

Carrie ~ You are badass! winky.gif I came across a few things in my book to help with digestion.

To prevent: Anise or Fennel tea during or after meals. Chew on or eat some organic orange peel a few minutes after a meal. Apple peels, pineapple, or papaya after meals.

Remedies: Sip yogurt, cream or milk. Funny because I was going to suggest milk before I read this. Not sure if dairy is on your diet, though. Fly by sitting cross-legged and flapping your arms up and down over your head quickly bringing the backs of the hands together over your head. Chew raw almonds slowly. (Is there anywhere to get raw almonds?) Slippery Elm, Ulmus fulva, powder mixed with honey or throat lozenges you can find at a health food store.

Kindermama ~ Yay for the wonderful u/s. joy.gif

I'm so big now that I can't even fit in a public bathroom stall. lol.gif We went to the beach today and I had to use the bathroom. I tried turning myself every which way but just could not get in the stall and shut the door. I finally gave up and used the handicap stall.

Oh, and we got to talk to dh for about an hour today. It was a really good time. He said he's going to try to call more often and he email me ahead of time with the day and time. I think the reason he really made the effort this time was because he got a really awful letter from me. I was up in the middle of the night crying and really down when I wrote. Sometimes I write when my mind is racing and I can't sleep. I didn't intend on actually mailing it to him but then I thought maybe it would be a good thing to let him know exactly how I've been feeling. I think it definitely got his attention. It's kind of sad that it takes something so drastic but whatever works, right? shrug.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#249 of 291 Old 05-25-2011, 05:24 AM

Whatever works! glad you had a good phone call.

Some public restroom stalls are hard to fit in non pregnant, to be honest. I have been in some where I practically have to stand on the toilet to shut the door. (usually in small downtown restaurants or something). The mall usually has ample toilet stalls, thank goodness! you would think baby stores would be that way too, but our BRU is not.

Not much new here - 22 weeks today and tired! DS was very restless last night. I feel like I am going to need a nap today, but I am in the office, so no luck there.

#250 of 291 Old 05-26-2011, 03:09 PM

We came out to facebook last night. I came home to 47 emails and alerts this morning, but every single one of them gave me a huge grin on my face. It's funny the people that come out of the woodwork to say congrats when you haven't heard from them for years!

Found the hb last night for sure for sure... but DH wasn't home, and The doppler isn't loud enough for him to hear over the phone, and I couldn't figure out how to make the stupid thing record. sigh. Then once he got home, I felt too sick to me pushing around on my belly. We'll try again today. It was magical :)

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#251 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 04:59 AM

JJ - yay on the FB out! we came out on FB earlier than I intented, because we had friends who were outing us, so had to :) 'sall good though!

and yay on doppler! I know the feeling! I was feeling the same way this morning when baby girl actually kicked where I could feel her on the outside , several times in a row, it is indeed magical. Now, if she would cooperate for DH to feel her move . . .

Hope everyone has a great long weekend, I know I am looking forward to it, even though it will be insanely busy!

#252 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

What fun, JJ! How many weeks are you now?

I keep flip-flopping back and forth about whether or not to do anything this weekend. I don't do well with crowds and lots of stuff going on. If my dh were here, we'd definitely do some things, like go to the pool opening party. He's my buffer for the outside world. I don't think I could handle of it without him. DS2 wants to see Kung Fu Panda 2. I told him after the weekend because I'm afraid the theater might be too crowded. Of course, he doesn't understand that and wants to go now so he's mad at me. OTOH, maybe the theater won't be crowded at all because everyone will be outside at the pool or beach or parade or BBQ.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#253 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 AM

MW: usually the first showing of the day (around 12 or so) is usually the least crowded; especially on a Sunday.

#254 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, we do go early but this is a holiday weekend in a military town. Most people have a 96 so they will be out and about during the day.

I was going to go grocery shopping at the commissary today until I remember it's the first day of a holiday weekend. Everyone will be off early and stocking up for their weekend parties. Can't go tomorrow, either, because even if it isn't crowded, the shelves will be half empty.

#255 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 AM

gotta love those long weekends! I say Sundays because most people are in church (if that is not where you are on Sunday mornings, then it is a great time to go!) or sleeping off Saturday night's overindulgences.

I miss the commisary sometimes . . .I remember when it was where it was before the "new" one opened up, Sundays it opened up at 1 or so I think and there were always huge lines just to get in. and you had to go down the aisles in order, in a certain direction. Not fun that, especially if you are like me and tend to forget something half way through!

We have so much to do this weekend . . . both a good and bad thing. no time to rest for the weary - or pregnant -

#256 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

I don't usually shop at the commissary because it's too much of a hassle and it doesn't seem to really cost less. It takes twice as long to get there since I don't live on base anymore and half the time half the shelves are empty. Then if I don't plan things just right, I can get stuck in long lines at the commissary and traffic coming off the base. I get at a reasonable time but I'm not usually ready to leave the house before 11 so early morning shopping isn't going to happen. Also, I think the early hours at the commissary are restricted to senior citizens or quick, small amounts. IDK but I know there's something restrictive about the early hours. They do have some things that I can't get at the local grocery, though, so I do need to go every once in a while.

#257 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 02:53 PM

I'm 13/1 day today.  Our was some of the same, we knew we were okay with spilling the beans, but were being lazy about it-- and hten in succession in two days I had two different friends congratulate me on FB. We figured it was time. lol. 

I am STILL going crazy attempting to find a MW and I'm angry about it. It's just so ridiculous the runaround they give you. After two/three weeks I got a call back from the one that had an opening again, only to say that it turns out their workload changed and they actually can't take on another patient, but sorry. And then I tried to call the other one that I haven't heard back from (It's been SIX WEEKS!) and they won't answer. I also called and tried to see if there had been any cancellations at one of the other practices and she snapped at me. 

So I called my Dr. office to see how it went with referring me to my LAST choice OB, and apparently she's retiring in August. So now I have to go back to the drawing board and choose one of the OB's with horrible reviews, and just prepare myself for a fight I guess. So disappointing and demoralizing. 

My SIL had her baby today. It's her fourth and last, and the first boy in the family. I'm happy for her, but on a selfish level, disappointed too. There's been an ongoing joke that that side of the family couldn't make boys, and so we were hoping that DH and I would be able to have the first boy. At least if it has to be the 7th grandchild, it could be a different sex. No dice. I'm happy that they both appear to be doing well, but it still stings on top of what was alrready a cruddy day, you know?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#258 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

JJ ~ Sorry about the hassles. Hopefully, things will start looking up soon.

#259 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 04:11 PM

JJ, I can't believe you're 13 weeks already! Pretty much done with the first trimester!

#260 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Oh, boo, JJ about the boy news!!  I remember us talking about that last summer!!! GRR!  Well, at least everybody is doing ok.  And now no pressure on you to have a boy, necessarily!!!  Sucks about the mw's and obs.  greensad.gif  What a downer for real.

OMGGGG is it August yet??? I am feeling DONE with being pregnant!!!  

After tomorrow, I'll have 4 weekends of work left.  FOUR!!  That's it!  YaHOOO!  I'm so over it and so done with being on my feet.  I'm starting to get lots of, "When are you due?' comments from strangers and it's exhausting saying, "August," and getting the pitiful looks and the incredulous responses.  Sigh.  I'm about to just burrow into a hole until I'm ready to give birth!

DH and I also have been throwing around more names, and I think I'm absolutely in love with Finnley.  Finn for short.  Finnley Dax.  I love it.  I feel like it's HIM.  DH is still really not sure, and wants to wait til he's born.  He still likes Logan better, but Logan is just SO POPULAR and I'm not as over it as I hoped I'd be by this point.  I love when Nora calls the baby Baby Finn, and I just get all swoony thinking about him and calling him Finnley.  So, fxed DH comes around -- or that I come around more to Logan.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#261 of 291 Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

OMGGGG is it August yet??? I am feeling DONE with being pregnant!!!...I'm starting to get lots of, "When are you due?' comments from strangers and it's exhausting saying, "August," and getting the pitiful looks and the incredulous responses.

I woke up this morning thinking, only 9 more weeks. Then suddenly it will be only 8 more weeks. Wow! I've had a lot of strangers ask me when I'm due, too. And I get those looks when I tell them the end of July. I'm not really that big, am I? lol.gif

#262 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 05:50 AM

MW: yay for single digit countdown!

JJ: hope the care provider situation looks up soon. If you have to go with an OB you don't like, see if you can at least hire a doula. The more people on your side, ready to advocate for you when necessary, the better!

Carrie, friends of ours are plannin on naming their little girl Fynlay, and calling her Fynn, their little boy is Jett (so Jett and Fynn, very aviator-ish, no?). My only issue with Finn at all, if there is one, it is very Glee :) I like Glee, but wonder if Finn will increase in popularity as a result?

Thankfully we have got nothing but good responses from the name Norah when people ask (personally I prefer to let slip that we have a name preference, thence halting suggestions). Except from my sister, who admits that she wants to wait another year or so before babies, that she guesses that means she can't use HER chosen girl name, Eleanora - which she only informed me was in the running for them a couple months ago, when we have had Norah in mind since before being pregnant.

Oh, and she got me all in a tizzy, because she asked if DS still nurses, and I said no, my milk is all gone. She followed up with WOULD he be still nursing, otherwise? and I said yes, probably so. I also told her there really isn't an age when breastmilk is BAD for a baby. She said, didn't I wonder if that would mess him up developmentally or something? (this coming from someone with an early childhood degree!) I said no; it is actually recommended that babies nurse for at least 2 years, if possible. My mom, bless her, even piped up in my defense and said, maybe if they nursed until 4 or 5 she could see a problem, but DS is only 18 months, after all!  It may just be that pregnancy has made me more easily irritated, but seriously, this got under my skin. *rant over*

hope everyone had a good weekend!

#263 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 07:12 AM

I obviously LOVE Nora(h) and think you should use it no matter what your sister says!!  People who aren't even pregnant can't call dibs on a name.  Don't worry about it.  My sister did that when I was pg the first time -- she wasn't even pg (or married, I don't think) but emailed me saying if it's a boy don't use Nathaniel b/c she wanted to use it some day.  How rude, you know?  

Annoying about the bf'ing comments.  I don't get why people think bf'ing boys past a certain time is bad for them psychologically.  It makes no sense.  They're still just babies who need their mamas. It would burn me up too, pg or not!!

Hmm, I don't watch Glee!  I didn't know.  But still -- Finnley (with 2 n's) isn't in the top 1000 for the past 10 years.  And with 1 n it's in the 500-600 range.  If it hits top 20 b/c of Glee, than so be it!  I tried!!  LOL!!  DH still likes Logan better, so it's b/w those two.  But I've been referring to the baby as Baby Finn and so has Nora, and it's really growing on me.  We will see who he looks like when he comes out.

AFM - Yesterday I started having lots of ctx, not just tight but with an edge to them.  I immediately just came inside, drank lots of water.  They didn't really ease up.  I could *feel* them.  So, I had a bit of red wine before bed.  Did a few hypnonbabies relaxation tracks -- they went on all night, these freaking ctx!!  This morning laying in bed, I counted at least 4 in half an hour.  Not cool.  So I called up my mw, she recommended drinking Recharge or Emergen-C, as much as I can in an hour, and seeing what happened.  If they don't slow down or decrease, go to the hospital for monitoring.  I've had 4 glasses of Emergen-C and THANK GOODNESS I feel loads better!  It's been an hour.  The ctx haven't completely stopped but they are no where near as intense or frequent.  I think I really have to watch it now.

This happened with DD's pg too, but I thought it was solely b/c of my high stress job.  I thought I'd be golden this time around.  I may have to give up my 2 mile stroller walks or at least just make sure I hydrate and eat well if I'm going to do things like that.  Even sitting outside in the heat I should take more consideration.  It's worth it not to have to worry about a NICU baby.

#264 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 AM

I had my baby ladies! joy.gif

The whole crazy story (well, at least an abbreviated version) is posted over in the June DDC.

love.gif

#265 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 08:29 AM

Yay! and congrats BFS!

Carrie, hope the cx peter out a bit. no fun until it is really time to go!

#266 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, BFS! joy.gif I've been thinking about you and wondering what, if anything, was going on.

Carrie ~ I have contractions all the time, too. They are definitely getting stronger but they don't hurt. I have never bothered to time them but I have been wondering about them more and more. It makes me a little nervous but I'm kind of going with everything is ok as long as they don't hurt. What exactly do you mean by them having an edge to them?

More concerning to me is sharp pains that I've been getting more and more often. Sometimes it feels like a pulled muscle, especially when I roll over in bed. Sometimes it feels like a sharp stab or something. Those don't last long, though, so I guess it's nothing more than growing and stretching as baby gets even bigger. Sometimes the baby hurts me when he moves around. Youch!

I've been meaning to ask you about the belly mapping. What exactly did you mean by that? I think I've finally been able to feel baby's head a few times but still can't tell a foot or knee from his butt and haven't felt an arm or hand that I know of. Is there some trick to feeling around that can help identify body parts better?

I'm back to not being sure about the name Astin. I really like Brenden better. I'm hoping I can sway my dh to agree to that. I found two more meanings for Brenden (Brendan). The Irish meanings are little raven and prince. The English meaning is sword. I think my dh might go for sword, especially with Sloan for a middle name = sword warrior. Every Marine Corps officer is a warrior and gets a sword so it's fitting, right?

#267 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 AM

These ctx were tight, like a BH, but then as they got to their tightest there was a definite, "ow" to them.  They made me pause and take note.  I was aware of each one, I could tell you when it started and stopped.  BH's for me, normal ones, are just tightness that I would notice sometimes but never made me pause or not want to shift in my chair, or keep me from going up/down stairs.  These, I'm like, "I'm NOT getting up, these are uncomfortable."  And TBH they were happening every few minutes.  This morning they were like 4 min apart.

After doing the emergen-c and whatnot, I feel better, I'm still having some ctx but they aren't edgy anymore.  They're just tight and not as frequent.  I talked to my mw again and she wants to rule out a UTI again, so I'm just going to start taking the cranactin and of course, downing fluids.  I may see her in the next day or so if she can make it down, otherwise I'll go see her backup.

If things pick up again I'm going for monitoring.  Not taking chances.

Belly mapping:

http://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

Go by kicks, hands, and hard round lumpy things.  I do it, and I'm still stumped, but if you do it often enough I think you get good at it and can tell a butt from a head and a leg from an arm.  I can usually tell punches from kicks, but I'm still not sure of this baby's position.  I think recently he flipped head down or at least less transverse b/c I do feel some kicky sensations up higher.  But I'm not positive.  Not one bit!!

Names - I still love Aston with an O for your son, but eh, I get that my opinion doesn't really matter.  LOL!  I do love Brenden.  I think that's an awesome name and it does sound really nice with Sloan.

#268 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

I like Aston with an O better than Astin with an I. My dh picked Astin but he may not have done that consciously so that's something for me to ask him about. He should be calling soon.

I'll check out that belly mapping. I can tell the head from the butt and punches from kicks. I can easily tell that this baby is head down most of the time. His back flips from my right to left side almost every day. His back is usually on my right side all day and when I go to bed at night but he usually flips during the night so that his back is on my left side when I wake up in the morning. Must be something about the way I sleep. He still goes transverse sometimes but I think it's been more sort of diagonal than completely straight from side to side. I base that on the fact that every once in a while I feel both punches and kicks down low and a long, hard line across the top of my belly. What I can't tell is a foot from a knee and I have yet to feel hands or arms. Maybe hands are too small to feel. Also, this guy seems to have his hands tucked way down low in my pelvis next to his head most of the time so maybe they are just down and in too far for me to feel.

Hmm on the contractions. Mine seem to be like you are describing. They are definitely noticeable and make me pause. When I get them I usually sit and try to breathe and relax through them like in my Hypnobirthing book. If I'm walking, I have to stop and breathe. If I'm sitting down, I certainly don't want to get up and do anything until they are gone. I do get them every day several times a day but I think they are sporadic, not regular like you would expect labor to be. I remember when I was pg with ds2 and going in for weekly NSTs. The nurses would always ask me if I felt the contractions I was having. Um...yeah. lol.gif I think they were surprised that I was having such strong contractions so often and it wasn't bothering me. shrug.gif I was 37 or 38 weeks by then, though, so not concerned about PTL like I would be now at only 31w.

Maybe I should mention mine to my MW. I don't know that I would want to go to the hospital for monitoring, though. I'm pretty sure it's not true labor and I don't want to put myself in a position where the OBs would start getting concerned and tell me I need to be on meds or bedrest or anything. As if I could accomplish any semblance of bedrest anyway, unless my insurance would cover a home nurse or health aid. Hmm....that's not such a bad idea. winky.gif

#269 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Carrie, I had those sort from about 37 weeks thru right before I was induced at 41+6. But of course, by that time, I was trying to make them stay rather than have them go!

I was good with DS at telling head from butt. I think this baby may have flipped as the stronger kicks are now at the top of my belly and they were down by my hips. If so, Yay! hope she stays that way. I can't feel her head and butt just yet though. going specifically by strength of kicks at the moment for position.

Names . . . I like all of them!

#270 of 291 Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

So, with BFS's baby boy we are even again boys to girls. How cool is that? I think that would support the idea that there isn't much anyone can do to influence gender. You have a 50/50 chance and it will be what it will be.

I just finished reading that Belly Mapping article. Based on that, I am certain my baby is right but I don't know anterior or posterior. I feel kicks and see bulging movement on my left front. But, I feel the little wiggly hand punches on my right side. That would make baby twisted, which I don't think is possible. How can baby's back and hands both be on my right side? shrug.gif Maybe the hands are inside, which would make baby occiput anterior (right?). But then how could I feel feet on my front left? headscratch.gif

Tags
Hypbirth Natural Childbirth Preparation Kit Dvd , Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth , Husband Coached Childbirth Fifth Edition The Bradley Method Of Natural Childbirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page