Anyone else crave all sorts of ALCOHOL during pregnancy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

find a local MDC mama to spare some water kefir grains, it's a little fermented and bubbly and may do the trick.  I have extra I could mail too.  http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2011/04/how-to-make-water-kefir.html

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 06-20-2012, 12:08 AM

URGH so there with all of you!!!!!!!!

I just want some freezing cold fruity white wine!!!!!!! And apple cider!!!! 

...... I have ticked over into my second trimester recently and I just want some want some want some!!!!

I am due at Christmas and pregnant or not, I am having one glass of whatever sounds good with Christmas lunch!

Dribble..........

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#33 of 42 Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 AM

Oh, all I wanted was Midori when I was pregnant. It was the strangest thing. I don't even like melons, let terrible melon liquor. We'd hold a lot of parties in my house back in the day. Before the kids made that a little less practical. A friend of mine would always come over with a bottle of Midori. I obviously wasn't going to let myself drink any of the stuff, but sometimes I would just find myself by the bar smelling the open bottle and feeling more than a little insane as my friends passed by. 

#34 of 42 Old 06-20-2012, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I am an alcohol lover and definitely missed drinking dearly while pregnant. I did take the occasional sip of scotch or have a half-glass of wine during the third trimester. AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

I poured myself a Glenlivet Nadura when my water broke, before I went to the hospital, to celebrate and calm my nerves. I brought a single malt (but can't remember which one!) to the hospital in case I wanted one after delivery. I didn't.

But I did have a good time with alcohol early on. I spent two days in the hospital and had some trouble latching the baby on. So frustrating. I was sooo happy to go home, and the first thing I did was pour myself a nice dark beer, install myself in the rocking chair, and nurse my son. He latched right on and went from side to side for hours and I was just so relieved. But at home, with a beer, I was more relaxed, and he was more relaxed.

There is a picture of me sipping a scotch and nursing my week-old son on Facebook.

Main point of my post: alcohol is great. I think you could afford a sip or two if you really crave it now. And remember you'll be able to go back to drinking (moderately!) once the baby is born.

#35 of 42 Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 AM

I have never been much of a drinker but damn if I don't want one hard core. Cold white wine or a mimosa or a bloody mary sounds amazing.  I don't even want a whole one, I don't know what the deal is.  Omg, it's going to be over 90 today and Sam Adams summer ale would make my whole week.  *sigh*

#36 of 42 Old 06-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

Not pregnant now, but yes!!! I craved margaritas something fierce while pregnant.  It was bizarre.

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'm *thisclose* to making one just so DH can drink the whole thing, but I can have a sip. I want a margarita soooo bad.  Summer just isn't the same without them.  greensad.gif  And I don't want a fake one, I want the roundness of the tequila, the sting of the salt.  The crunch of the ice. 

Yes! I have had some days where I was just dying for a margarita. Vodka tonic, too, but margaritas.. mm. Took my husband to brunch at a Mexican restaurant on Father's Day and he ordered one. The only reason he got away with it was that it was Father's Day. Otherwise he'd have been guilt tripped out of it posthaste. I'm actually completely comfortable having half a beer or glass of wine here and there (i.e. less than once a week)--and have found that I don't really want any more than that, sometimes less--but I stay away from hard liquor. Come on, September. ;)

#37 of 42 Old 06-27-2012, 02:25 PM

Guiness.  I craved Guiness during my second trimester.

Midwife said it probably meant my body wanted iron.

#38 of 42 Old 06-27-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

otherwise, i did have beer, on occasion, last pregnancy and probably will this time if it ever sounds yummy to me again.  i think the stigma surrounding very moderate intake is a little silly, myself. 

I agree.

I had small amounts of alcohol during my pregnancy and DD does not have FAS. 

I have a friend who swears by the odd bit of cocaine during pregnancy.  Incidently, her child is gifted and advanced not only in academic skills but social skills as well.  It makes you wonder.

#39 of 42 Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You guys are KILLING ME! I want a margarita so bad now after reading all this lol

I've been drinking a bit of muscato here or there since I got pregnant. I've had maybe a total of 3 glasses, spread out into little half or quarter cups once in a while. It's the most I'm going to allow and I want so much more. I used to be able to kill off a bottle of wine by myself every week if I really tried not to drink it, and watching my husband drink his mixers now makes me sad. The smell of the vodka makes me drool.

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
#40 of 42 Old 06-29-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post

You guys are KILLING ME! I want a margarita so bad now after reading all this lol

I've been drinking a bit of muscato here or there since I got pregnant. I've had maybe a total of 3 glasses, spread out into little half or quarter cups once in a while. It's the most I'm going to allow and I want so much more. I used to be able to kill off a bottle of wine by myself every week if I really tried not to drink it, and watching my husband drink his mixers now makes me sad. The smell of the vodka makes me drool.

hahaha.  You rock, you just gave me my first chuckle of the day.

I easily get through a bottle of champers a week.  I have a glass every night in the hot bath...is nice.

*I am not pregnant

#41 of 42 Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 AM

I craved a nice cold beer while pregnant! To the point that I would drink non alcoholic beer. I loved it!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#42 of 42 Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've been livin' it up with my cream sodas - nice amber colour, frosty bottle... makes me feel like a rebel and I'm totally not ;P

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

Tags
Alcoholics Anonymous World Serv Inc , Pathways To Success A Fetal Alcohol Workbook For An Individual With Fetal Alcohol , Children With Prenatal Alcohol Or Other Drug Exposure Weighing The Risks Of Adoption

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page