Encouraging baby to tuck chin and engage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I'm 39 wks pregnant.  I'm fairly certain that baby is in an LOA postition and I'm READY!  Baby #1 was a week late and I often wonder if it was due to her poor positioning (I think she was posterior and asynclitic).  I don't want to force baby #2...but if she happens to get into OA position and tucks her chin, I feel like maybe she'll be ready to come out a little sooner than #1 did.  It is so hard to be this pregnant with an 18m old!!!

dizzy.gif

I have a chiro appointment tonight where she'll just align my hips (though I'm sure I could suggest she do something more if anyone knows of anything), I might have my husband try some reflexology tonight.  We'll do the rebozo sifting like we do every night...but is there anyway to encourage a baby to actually tuck their chin and engage?  **If you've ever had an asynclitic baby, you likely understand my strong desire to have the chin tucked**  winky.gif

#2 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would just suggest talking to your baby about what you want, like explaining to him/her out loud, "okay baby, we're doing the rebozo now to help get you ready to come out of mama soon. We need you to touch your chin to your chest if you can." I know it sounds silly and the baby doesn't know all those words yet, but I truly believe that there is a strong mama-baby connection while the baby is still inside you, and it sure can't hurt--if any part of the message gets through that would be great. I remember reading somewhere (maybe it was on spinning babies?) that talking to your baby about what you expect them to do before the birth actually has measurable results. I'll have to do some more research on that because I find it fascinating!
#3 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaleel View Post

I know it sounds silly and the baby doesn't know all those words yet, but I truly believe that there is a strong mama-baby connection while the baby is still inside you, and it sure can't hurt--if any part of the message gets through that would be great.

No, you're right!  It can't do any harm, so why not!  I will be talking to her and asking her to turn, for sure!

#4 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't remember the name of it, but my chiro said last go round that there is a maneuver than can help the baby get in the correct position.  I was crazy enough to put my butt up on the couch, head on the ground, with a pillow under my back thinking it might help to hang upside down. :)

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Tags
Baby Touch , Baby Bair

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page