when did you go off work with SPD? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-21-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not too bad, not totally separated- , but i've had the achy pelvis for a long time now- in addition to my bursitis (which makes sleeping a real fun time!) I'm 34 weeks, a pediatric RN, and i'm getting nervous about really throwing my pelvis into trouble by putting too much stress on it. I don't really have the luxury of being able to rest when i need to, or not lift ( or catch) my patients. I'm 34 weeks, i'm feeling done, but i wanted to see when others went off work with SPD?

Jen
Together with DH 20 years, mom to a 5 year old daughter,
finally pg with #2 july 2/2011

#2 of 3 Old 05-21-2011, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

While I'm not a working mother, I can give you my opinion from when I think that I would have had to stop working..  In my second pregnancy there's no way I could have done a manual labor job past 26-28 weeks or so.  I'm now 14w into pregnancy #3 and I can already feel it if I walk too far or overdo it.  I bet I'd have to stop working between 18-20w this time.   If you're feeling done, you should probably stop.  I know that I'm so much worse off if I overdo it.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#3 of 3 Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I worked right up til the week before I had my dd.  Man was it rough!  I had to leave early all the time b/c of throwing up and incredible swelling ( I stayed on my feet a lot, as I'm sure you do too being an RN).  I worked in a hospital laboratory as an MT.  My skin would get so tight from swelling, it was terrible.  My legs would also just get to the point of being numb they were so swollen.  Thank God I'm a SAHM now!  I can lay down and take a break pretty much whenever I want to with this pregnancy.   

But I would make sure you didn't overdo yourself, nurses work hard! 

Tags
Mom Mama And Me

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page