Creative ways to announce baby's sex... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We were planning on having a big reveal party to find out the baby's gender next month with all our friends and family gathered around where we cut into a secret pink or blue cake, however, we just survived a massive second birthday party yesterday and now I don't know if I'm up to planning another party so soon/being the center of attention (social anxiety)...so, I'm hoping I can come up with something equally as fun to tell everyone online (or I'll be begging my MIL to host the reveal!). Any ideas?

~Sarah

treehugger.gif  trekkie.gifcat.gifcarrot.gif
Mom to Vala ribboncesarean.gif 5/09, Anya hbac.gif 11/11, & one on the way 12/13

Check out my blog- http://healingcesareanscars.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Maybe you could you music to introduce the gender, like that epsiode of Modern Family when Cam and Mitch decided to adopt again.  You could get everyone involved by have a poll (two mason jars and they can drop a jelly bean in the one labeled for the gender they predict) and then when you announce play "My Girl" or "Beautiful Boy"

Old 11-19-2011, 07:17 PM

We're going to have the u/s tech write it down and put it in an envelope.  Then have DD open it and tell us.  No family or friends, just us.

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM

I created handmade cards that read "What is Baby K made of?" and inside I had walletsized copies of the ultrasound and "Sugar, Spice and All Things Nice!" and the due date. I got some awesome phone calls when my family and friends finally got them in the mail. :)

Tags
Gender Issues And Ad Hd Research Diagnosis And Treatment , Pregnancy Birth And Beyond
User Tag List