Mothering Forum banner
703 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dixielane 
#1 ·
At approx 3weeks3 days pregnant (I got a BFP Thursday) I had my progesterone and HCG tested.

HCG came back 47, and progesterone was 21.6

I go back tomorrow for a re-check to make sure the rising of the HCG is good. Im 4 weeks today.

But do these numbers look good? I had low progesterone last preg with my DD so 21.6 is alot better than before when I had to supplement!

Just a nervous mama.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Yes, both those numbers look great! For HCG, it's about whether or not it's rising, not the actual numbers. For progesterone, I think that number is great! Congrats!

#3 ·
Can't speak for the progesterone, so I'm glad Maurine could. As for the hCG she is also correct in saying that it's not the value, it's whether it is doubling in the appropriate window, which at 4 weeks should be 24-48 hours. You can check out this SITE to see just how variable hCG levels are... it has a doubling calculator for you as well.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Can't speak for the progesterone, so I'm glad Maurine could. As for the hCG she is also correct in saying that it's not the value, it's whether it is doubling in the appropriate window, which at 4 weeks should be 24-48 hours. You can check out this SITE to see just how variable hCG levels are... it has a doubling calculator for you as well.
Thanks, I know doubling is what matters most but was hoping that 47 was a good starting point, combined with that number of progesterone. lol. thank you

#5 ·
I think it's a fine number, especially at only 3.3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielane View Post

Thanks, I know doubling is what matters most but was hoping that 47 was a good starting point, combined with that number of progesterone. lol. thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.