HCG & Prog interpretation please? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-23-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At approx 3weeks3 days pregnant (I got a BFP Thursday) I had my progesterone and HCG tested.

HCG came back 47, and progesterone was 21.6

I go back tomorrow for a re-check to make sure the rising of the HCG is good. Im 4 weeks today.

But do these numbers look good? I had low progesterone last preg with my DD so 21.6 is alot better than before when I had to supplement!

Just a nervous mama.

Thank you!

Dixielane (22) Wife to DH,  co-sleeping familybed1.gif, saynovax.gifexclusive BFing, BWing femalesling.GIF
Mommy to DD "S" born May 2010energy.gif & EXPECTING #2!! babyf.gifpos.gif due Jan. 2012
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 AM

Yes, both those numbers look great!   For HCG, it's about whether or not it's rising, not the actual numbers.  For progesterone, I think that number is great!  Congrats!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#3 of 6 Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Can't speak for the progesterone, so I'm glad Maurine could.  As for the hCG she is also correct in saying that it's not the value, it's whether it is doubling in the appropriate window, which at 4 weeks should be 24-48 hours.  You can check out this SITE to see just how variable hCG levels are... it has a doubling calculator for you as well. 

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 6 Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

Can't speak for the progesterone, so I'm glad Maurine could.  As for the hCG she is also correct in saying that it's not the value, it's whether it is doubling in the appropriate window, which at 4 weeks should be 24-48 hours.  You can check out this SITE to see just how variable hCG levels are... it has a doubling calculator for you as well. 

Thanks, I know doubling is what matters most but was hoping that 47 was a good starting point, combined with that number of progesterone. lol. thank you

Dixielane (22) Wife to DH,  co-sleeping familybed1.gif, saynovax.gifexclusive BFing, BWing femalesling.GIF
Mommy to DD "S" born May 2010energy.gif & EXPECTING #2!! babyf.gifpos.gif due Jan. 2012

#5 of 6 Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM

I think it's a fine number, especially at only 3.3 weeks. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielane View Post

Thanks, I know doubling is what matters most but was hoping that 47 was a good starting point, combined with that number of progesterone. lol. thank you

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#6 of 6 Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies.

Tags
Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page