Questions For Nursing Moms Who Are Pregnant...To Help Those Of Us TTC while Nursing. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 06-07-2011, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How old was your nursling when you got a BFP?

DS was 17.5 mos

How often were you nursing?

Mainly 2x, awakening and bedtime.  When I was alone with him on weekends it was before naps too.  I was making a concerted effort to refuse and redirect though.

How many DPO did you get a BFP?  Early symptoms?

I didn't test early according to LMP, according to FF, i was 10DPO.  At that point, I had been feeling nausea for a week, so I think FF was wrong on the Odate.  But you know temping when BF and having a baby with unpredictable wakings is next to impossible!  chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/267e85

Did you do anything to sustain your pregnancy (ie progesterone cream, primrose oil B6, etc)
No

Were your breasts or nipples sore before or after your BFP?
i didn't notice anything until after I tested, i definitely accuse DS of biting me more often than he probably is.  it hurts now.

Did your nursling cut down during your pregnancy?
Dunno, he is has been sick the whole time so far, so he has been comfort nursing more often.  He is hungrier and less satisfied when nursing now - always looking for the other BB, or the other day asking me for 'water' when he was done nursing!

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#32 of 37 Old 06-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thank you for all this.  it's really helpful!! 

Kristin, Lactivist and co-sleeping SAHM. My daughter is 6 yrs old, and my son is 22 mos old. Would love baby #3 shy.gif

selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif lactivist.gif dust.gif

#33 of 37 Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 AM

How old is/was your nursling when you got a BFP? 25+ months

How often were you nursing when you conceived and implanted? Frequently - 4-8 times during the day & 6-12 times during the night. 

Edited to Add: During the 2 days following ovulation, DS didn't nurse all day one day (excluding nights) and only nurse one time the following day (again excluding nighttime nursing) as we were traveling by car all day

How many dpo did you get a BFP? Did you have any early symptoms? 9 DPO had hint of positive. Clear + at 10 DPO; Craving high protein, aversions to sugar, frequent urination, sleeping longer

Did you do anything to sustain your pregnancy (ie progesterone cream, primrose oil B6, etc)? Just 4 weeks now. Taking Rainbow Light Prenatal with special pregnancy herbal blends. 

Were your breasts or nipples sore before or after your BFP? Very sensitive nipples as well as irritated by LO touching my breasts.

Did your nursling cut down during your pregnancy? He's already sleeping longer stretches at night and more wiling to fall back to sleep without nursing. Still nursing frequently but cutting back a bit

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#34 of 37 Old 06-12-2011, 11:14 AM

I posted once already in regards to my dec09/Jan10 pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage. I'm pregnant again (due 2/6/2012) so here goes!!

How old is/was your nursling when you got a BFP?

18 months, (had m/c when he was 14mo). i got AF back at 9wks even though we nurse on demand and he never ever took a bottle.

How often were you nursing when you conceived and implanted?

3-4 times a day and 3-4 times at night. Once I found out i did start to offer him more liquids during the day that weren't me!

How many dpo did you get a BFP? Did you have any early symptoms?

11dpo in the pm was a faint line (possible evap.). 12dpo was clear!!

Did you do anything to sustain your pregnancy (ie progesterone cream, primrose oil B6, etc)

No nothing.

Not really at all yet (6wks) but every now and again I can feel that they are just a little more sensitive. Don't hurt but I feel the BFing more.

I've started to distract him and offer other liquids when he is nursing strictly for comfort. mainly because I m/c'd in Jan and until i see a heartbeat I'm scared.

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#35 of 37 Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 AM

How old is/was your nursling when you got a BFP? 38 months

How often were you nursing when you conceived and implanted?  4-6 times a day.

How many dpo did you get a BFP? Did you have any early symptoms? 9 dpo.  I had implantation bleeding (a super light pink streak on the toilet paper at 7 dpo).  I also had sensitive nipples and waves of exhaustion.  And, oily skin and pimples!

Did you do anything to sustain your pregnancy (ie progesterone cream, primrose oil B6, etc) no

Were your breasts or nipples sore before or after your BFP? My nipples felt very sensitive but weren't sore before the BFP.  They actually seem less sensitive now (4.5 weeks pregnant) but I'm sure the worst is still to come...

Did your nursling cut down during your pregnancy? So far no change but it's very early.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#36 of 37 Old 06-15-2011, 06:35 PM
rrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by siffleuse319 View Post

Hi Nursing Mamas. Congrats on your BFPs!! There are many of us who are aspiring to be on this board again. Since nursing adds some unique challenges to pregnancy, please help those of us TTCing out by answering a few questions. Thank you so much in advance.

Carter (DS1) was 15.5 months old, Holden was almost 14 months.

Both times I conceived, I was nursing each one on-demand.  Carter ate very little in terms of solids when we conceived Holden, and Holden was nursing exclusively when we conceived Harper.  I had just finished nursing Carter 1 month before we conceived Harper (I was tandem nursing).  

I was 10 dpo with Holden and 27 (!) dpo with Harper.  I tested at 6 dpo with Harper though, and was so so disappointed and off, but attributed to some major life changes.  

Nope!

Yes, each time they have been sore, but not until 7 weeks or so.

Yes, both boys cut down.  Both nightweaned themselves to, during the pregnancies.  

Rebecca, mama to Carter Elliot , 06 November 07, Holden Oliver, 10 November 09, and Harper Lucinda Amelie, 26 September 11 and someone new, coming at the end of September 2013.

#37 of 37 Old 06-18-2011, 03:13 PM

I've nursed through 2 pregnancies..

#1= 17 mo, #2= 20 mo

#1 3 times per day and many times overnight #2 - 4-5 day and many overnight

#1 -10 days,  #2 - 13 dpo, i had NO IDEA i was pregnant, but i did have fatigue, irritability, increased appitite, and nausea pre-bfp

nope

yes, both

yes, to 1-2 times per day, night & sometimes morning

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif

Tags
Breast Feeding Early Influences On Later Health Advances In Experimental Medicine And Biology , Breastfeeding In Combat Boots A Survival Guide To Successful Breastfeeding While Serving In The Mili , Breastfeeding Nursing Your Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page