What prenatal vitamins are best? What to get?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#61 of 67 Old 09-30-2014, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I can't answer which prenatals are the best, but I'm taking Thorne Pharmaceuticals Basic Prenatal that are supposed to be really good. I'm taking a smaller dose and not every single day just because I don't want to overdo it on any particular vitamin or mineral, since I'm also, you know, eating I'm also taking fish oil (specially formulated for preggies).

Proud mommy to our stellar Stella (3/2011). Cautiously expecting our in April 2015 after loosing a sweet little angel in April 2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 67 Old 09-30-2014, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The ones prescribed from the doc have more than otc ones...
#63 of 67 Old 10-01-2014, 12:21 PM

I would usually go with Garden of Life RAW since they use very high quality ingredients. They are more expensive, but worth it. And for those who have difficulty swallowing pills, you can dump out the powder and take it in food or drink if you prefer, since they are powdered vitamins. I have also used Source Naturals for the same reason, and Solgar is good when it comes to individual vitamins. Their multivitamins smell really gross, so I don't take them. I did not know that New Chapter was bought by J&J! Thanks for that info!

I had stopped using NC because they disappeared for about two months: they were sold out on Amazon and I could not find them in any stores such as Vitamin Shoppe. Since I could find Garden of Life, I switched to them, and like their vitamins better anyway. Now I am really glad that I switched.

I am a prenatal and postnatal massage therapist serving the New Jersey and New York City area. I am also a certified pediatric massage therapist. I am currently studying to become a childbirth educator and breastfeeding counselor, as well as a certified infant massage teacher. These are valuable services that I can provide to pregnant women in my area.

If you would like more information about me, my website is http://pregnancy-massage-nj.njmassage.info
#64 of 67 Old 10-03-2014, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Another Shaklee user here, too. I've done Rainbow Light in the past as well, but with this Shaklee-supported pregnancy, it was the first time that I totally skipped morning sickness. Previously, it had gotten worse each time. I was amazed when I skipped it and I credit the Shaklee vitamins.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#65 of 67 Old 10-05-2014, 06:01 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiajay View Post
Garden of Life RAW prenatal are easiest on my stomach.
I agree. Easy on the tummy, no constipation and I'm still taking them 2 years later while nursing!

Yoga loving momma to DD Eden Raine 8/04 , DS Brett Edwin 2/08 , DS Brantley Albert 12/12 and wife for more than a decade to Jason .
Namaste
#66 of 67 Old 10-06-2014, 01:15 AM

I tried some brands, for Brainstrong prenatal, it contains one pill for prenatal vitas, one for DHA.
And I found the best prenatal vita should be base on food, like, Garden of Life Prenatal, new product in May 2014, but you have to choose another for prenatal DHA, such as Nordic Natural Prenatal DHA.
Hope you may learn to know how to choose the best prenatal vitamins and DHA from here.
#67 of 67 Old 11-11-2014, 12:25 PM

I love my prenatal vitamin. It's Joli Mere and I been taking it for 5 months now. I am going to give birth to my baby boy in 2 months. I don;t have any stretch marks any where on my body and my skin feels wonderful. My doctor says my blood tests are all showing that my baby and me are in perfect health and he says that my prenatal vitamins are doing a great job to supply me with all my nutrion. I am really really happy with Joli Mere vitamins and I am blessed that I found them.

Tags
Maternity Vitamins Nutrition , Nutrition Now Vitamin C Immune Support Orange 70 Gummies , Carlson Labs Norwegian Natural Vitamin E Cod Liver Oil Lemon 500ml

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page