Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Moving this to I'm Pregnant....

#3 of 6 Old 05-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was sick 24/7 for 9 months with my first so I have a ton of tips but here's what worked best for me:

- crushed ice, lime juice and a bit of salt (just enough to be slightly sour and slightly salty) was sometimes the only thing that worked for me.

- otter pops (super convenient when you don't have time for the first)

- if you can, eat twice as much protein as they say you should.  I noticed on the days that I ate close to 100 grams of protein, I felt better.  Greek yogurt is great for this and I also made smoothies with protein powder to up my intake.

- take it easy!  The less stress and more sleep I was able to get, the less I threw up.

- hydrate!  Get your liquids any way you can- I couldn't drink straight water and keep it down, so I would rotate through diluted gatorade, flat sprite, iced teas, etc.

- let go of guilt.  Since this is your second, I assume you've also got a little one to take care of.  This is my second pregnancy and I just had to lay on the floor near DS while he played and let him watch more TV than I normally would have just so I could get through the days in my first trimester.  If your LO naps, try to nap too, it can help the nausea.  Let the chores wait until later, let your neighbor take your LO to storytime, whatever you need to do to rest and take care of yourself and new little one.  Hopefully the nausea won't last long and you can go back to your regular routine.

Good Luck!

#4 of 6 Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 PM

Unisom and b6

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
#5 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 05:39 AM

Taking b6 throughout the day REALLY helped me this time, doing 3 25 milligram doses.  Keep a snack by your bedside to nibble every time you wake up to roll over during the night.  It helps to not be hungry right when you wake up.

Sour candy helps, too.

Hang in there!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 6 Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 PM

this will sound totally gross but it saved my life during my last pregnancy.  I had morning sickness and a toddler - those don't mix well as I'm sure you can imagine.

1 8 oz glass of raw milk

1 T molasses

1 pastured raw egg yolk

Mix and enjoy.  it really is quite delicious.

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

Tags
Morning Sickness Magic 60 Capsules , Secrets To Relieving Morning Sickness What Every Pregnant Woman Must Know

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page