The ONE Thread Graduates - June 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This thread is for members of the ONE thread from the Trying to Conceive forum. Some of you have started similar threads in the DDCs but this is an all-inclusive, cross-DDC thread. We have all made connections and friendships with ladies who got BFPs before or after us so this can be a central thread for us to catch up and for those on the other side of the One thread to keep up with us!

In bold, please tell me: Name, Due Date, how long it took you to conceive and what you went through to conceive, what "number" child this will be, and anything else you would like to add.

Members:

Due July 2011

26-LivingSky, conceived on 7th month (using soy isos & preseed), #1

Due August 2011

19-savah, conceived on 4th month (3rd temping), #2

25-jillybeans (Jill), took 3 months, #4, having 1st boy after 3 girls!

Due September 2011

14-LovingBaby (Elizabeth), took 7 months (charting, OV strips), #3

27-ValH (Valerie), took 13 cycles (2nd cycle of Clomid & post-HSG), #1

Due October 2011

10-Yellowdart, tried for 5 cycles, #1

13-Nicolian (Nicole), charted for 2 cycles, #3 (#4 for DH)

23-not_telling (Jess),  took 3 cycles, #2

Due November 2011

9-TalkToMeNow (Amanda), tried for 4 months, #4 (3rd pregnancy)

12-TTCChloeorConner (Nicole), tried for 16 cycles, #1

Due December 2011

11-Mummoth (Teresa), tried for 4 months (conceived on month "off!"), #3 (#1 for SO)

Due January 2011

25-MommyMatsumoto (Anna), tried for 15 months (tried vitex, soy, acupuncture, and leaving it up to DH!), #2

Writinglove, conceived the old-fashioned way in one month, #1

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Happy June, everyone!  The weeks just keep rolling by.  biggrinbounce.gif  I'm pretty sure I just got elbowed by my big old 21 week baby.  

Here's hoping we can get some more of our ONE Thread TTCers over here this month.  dust.gif

Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Hi All,

I was on the One TTC list for a month in May. I'll be 6W tomorrow. Feeling good for the most part. My eating habits are very strange and my mood swings are even stranger. 

It took us a month to conceive (I'm still a little stunned by that fact) and we're hoping this little embryo will stick. We conceived the old-fashioned way.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 PM

And I definitely like to keep tabs on the TTC thread, hoping and praying for loads of BFPs. wink1.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

Old 06-01-2011, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Heya writinglove!  Congrats on your little babe!  What's your due date?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Congrats, Writinglove!

21 weeks tomorrow for me!

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Congrats WritingLove

Time is flying by!!  Tomorrow is 25 weeks!  This little baby is sure active now and I am really enjoying that!  Next week I get to go on a big field trip with my son's school to an aquarium, pretty excited about that :D  But it is raining here.... again!!  I should be used to all of this rain since we live on the west coast, aka 'wet coast'.  I just want it to be sunny out so I can go in the pool lol!

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

Old 06-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Welcome, writinglove, and congrats on your BFP!!!

You guys are right about time flying by.  I'm halfway through week 23.  I just want it to slow down so I can enjoy every minute, every kick.  DH and I have always planned on having only one, so if this is my only pregnancy, I want to cherish it all.  Plus, I'm no where near ready, too much to do!  I know I still have a ways to go, but I haven't picked out a daycare, painted the nursery or picked out nursery decor, nothing.  And today my mom was trying to talk to me about a shower.  But I did find the cutest little sleeper today - it has a little dog in a baseball cap on it and it says "daddy's little slugger."  It's the first gender-specific thing I've bought, so much fun! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 PM

Subbing to the thread, and dropping in to say hi!

Had a midwife appointment, and determined for certain that baby is now in the head down position! Woohoo! Except for all the pelvic pressure and fists in my bladder, I'm thrilled that he's at least pointing the right way! Now to hope he stays there smile.gif

32w3d today. Less than 6 weeks and I will be going GUNG HO to try to convince baby to join us sooner rather than later!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 06-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Hey all, my due date is likely the end of January. I'm a first timer, though, so it will probably more like the beginning of February.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Hi, ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA!!!

We moved last week. =) I JUST got internet back up. GAH, I feel so disconnected. LOL

Anyways, we went to the doctor last Friday.

My total weight gain is 3 pounds so far... I'm okay with that. Haha. Especially considering I quit smoking when I got preggo, I expected to gain a LOT more.

I find out the sex on July 1st at 1030am!!! =D

The heartbeat was 150 again. My husband keeps having boy dreams. So I might be getting a little Conner Dean... We'll see!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM

Wow, this thread has been pretty dead lately.  I just wanted to bump it back up the thread list.  How's everyone feeling?? 

LivingSky - How are you doing?  You're getting close to the end!!  Unbelievable!

TTCCorC - Congrats on the move!  And for only gaining three pounds - slow and steady is the way to go, or so everyone says. 

Not much going on here.  Been dealing with insane exhaustion, but that seems to be getting better, thank goodness.  I don't think I could have handled fifteen more weeks of being so tired I wanted to cry.  Working on setting up the nursery.  We've gotten the spare bed out of the room, and put in a new dresser.  Small steps. 

I hope all is well with everyone!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM

Hi all.

I lost my puppy this weekend. She had epilepsy. On Friday, she had 15 seizures. She survived, but... She wasn't my Sophie anymore. She just laid there, couldn't walk, nothing to that sort. I thought she just needed some rest, seeing as seizures are terribly hard on your body. Saturday morning at like, 2am (Almost 24 hours after this whole thing started), she had another one. That was the last one. I knew after that one there was no coming back for her, so we had her put down. $700 later, 2 regular vet visits and 2 ER visits, we lost our little pup.

ddd.jpg

It sucks really, really, really bad. And to make it worse, I have finals this week. Blah. My head is just NOT in the game at all right now. I just want to mope. But I can't.

In pregnancy related news, nothing. I can't even tell I'm pregnant except for the cantelope in my stomach. LOL Seriously though. I have NOTHING going on. It's kind of lame, but it's also a good thing, I suppose. We find out the sex in 2 1/2 weeks. =) Here I am at 18 weeks, 2 days.

Baby.jpg

How is everyone else???

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 PM

Awh, I'm so sorry about your puppy.  hug2.gif

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM

TTCCorC - I'm SO very sorry about your puppy.  I know that had to be difficult.  hug2.gif  Good luck with exams!  As for no pregnancy symptoms - I know what you mean, I had expected more symptoms too, but have felt suprisingly good (except for the excessive tiredness, and now I get winded easy - I guess the little guy is taking up room my lungs previously occupied). 

Quick question - I lost about 1/2 a pound this week.  I had been gaining pretty steady between 1/2 a pound to one pound every week in the second trimester.  Should I be concerned about the weight loss??  I feel like I'm eating all the time!  Now I'm all paranoid that I'm doing something wrong.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:39 AM

TTCCoC: I'm so sorry about your pup greensad.gif You did the right thing by letting her go - shes not suffering any more. But I know that doesn't make it any easier on you and everyone else who loved her. Only time will heal. Huge hug.gif
On the pregnancy side - I too had no symptoms really for a long time. I felt almost jealous of the women with morning sickness and other tangible symptoms. Then I realized that I should be careful what I wish for and just be happy things were going so smoothly! I think it's normal though for all of us first-timers to want some kind of sign that things are really happening in there.

ValH: Well if I have any say in things, we're down to 4 weeks left smile.gif I'm shooting hard for the 38 weeks mark. Considering I'm already 75% effaced, I'm really hopeful that baby is going to co-operate. This whole heavily-pregnant-in-June/July-heat thing is for the birds. I'm normally not a big fan of air conditioning but right now it's my best friend. And its not even July yet!!
Oh, and I know I mentioned it on the other thread, but I wouldn't worry about the weight loss. It's normal to do a bit of up and down. It'll even out in the end smile.gif

Everyone else: Hope all is going well with you!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Thank you everyone.

Less than two weeks until I find out the sex!

I'm updating because this was almost on the second page! *Gasp*

How is everyone?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 PM

TTCCorC - Yay for finding out the sex very soon!! 

LivingSky - You're getting so close!!!!!  Have you gotten the nursery all situated? 

Not much going on here, just waiting... and loving how much the baby is moving!  He's getting so strong. 

Old 06-20-2011, 09:46 PM

Val, I just saw your thing about the weight loss.

Between my 16th and 17th week, I lost 5 pounds. I attributed it to moving (A lot more physical activity). The nurse at the doctor's office asked if I was eating, LOL. My doctor said as long as I'm staying hydrated, he's not worried at all. *Shrugs* As long as everything's still a-okay in there, which I assume it is, considering your little baby is moving like crazy, then I wouldn't worry. =D That's less you'll have to lose after the fact! LOL

Old 06-21-2011, 05:50 AM

My weight today made up for the loss last week!  Guess last week was just a fluke.  I've gained about 14 pounds at 26 weeks. 

Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM

Hey ladies. I have been reading but not posting much. I'm at that point where I'm feeling good.. and there's not too much to report. Calliope is a mover. She's constantly on the go. I love feeling her in there all the time. <3

I just got over being sick. Seemed like a minor stomach bug. Bleh. Not fun for anyone - but especially not when you're pregnant. I just ate a sandwich and my stomach has yet to start hurting again so my fingers are crossed that it's over. Now my poor DH has it.. :(

Nicole treehugger.gif  Busy with my two boys.jog.gifdiaper.gif  The 'big boy' too. peace.gifOh, and a sweet baby girl, born at home in October. love.gif

Old 06-21-2011, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror, and I do believe I've finally popped! I'm not sure that anyone else would notice yet, maybe my mom (last week she said it looks like I've lost weight) but there's definitely a little bump. I'm 15 1/2 weeks... one week until my next appointment and I'm dying to hear the heart beat. 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 AM

Baby 003.jpg

19 weeks, 4 days.

I had a stranger ask me if I was pregnant yesterday. First time ever!!! =D =D =D

Old 06-22-2011, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Ha ha! I remember the first time a stranger noticed I was pregnant, it was a guy at Home Depot and he called me "Mom" :D Yesterday, SO asked a woman when she's due... and she wasn't pregnant!! I asked him if he told her that he's got babies on the brain because his wife is pregnant, and he said no he was too busy getting told off!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM

No one noticed I was pregnant until I was around 22 weeks.  I think they just thought I was getting fat, or drinking too much beer.  ;)

Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 PM

This gender predictor urine kit thinks I'm having a boy. 7 days until we find out!!!

(Left side, green=BOY. Right side, pink=GIRL) My pee=green.

Baby 004.jpg

Old 06-24-2011, 05:28 AM

I didn't know those kits even existed until a friend of mine that recently got her BFP has been talking about taking one.  I'm tempted to take one just to see if it's accurate!  TTCCorC - yay for little boys!!!!  (or girls, if the test happens to be wrong).  ;)

Old 06-24-2011, 06:37 AM

Neat kit TTCCoC - where did you get it from? That would be a lot of fun to take and see how accurate they are for our group of ladies!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 AM

I got it at CVS (A drugstore, if you aren't in America, LOL). It was $40. *Shrugs* I was just having fun. I know it can't be TOO accurate, seeing as it's a pee test. If it was, people wouldn't fork out tons of $$$ for ultrasounds. I was just having a good time! LOL It's called the Intelligender Test. It was super fun and easy to take! Just read the instructions very carefully. They're very specific!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 AM

So I had a checkup today.  My little munchkin was not a big fan of the dopplar wand trying to find his heartbeat.  He kept moving away from it, and literally kicked it at one point (kind of startled the nurse).  Found out why I had been having bouts of exhaustion recently - I'm anemic.  I figured as much.  I was prescribed an iron supplement.  Anyone have any suggestions for non-meat sources of iron?? 

User Tag List