June 2011 Whatever Ladies Graduates - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 299 Old 06-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Beach was awesome!  Pics are up on my fb -- sorry it's friends only!  Add me as a friend and you will see them!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150624374540387.690211.579845386

I think that link should work.

Anyways...

Re: working - Oh I so hear you all on this and I only work part time!!!  I am so MENTALLY DONE.  It's not even really the physical, b/c I am basically sitting on my keister the whole time I'm there.  But it's greeting clients, the "Wow when are you due!?", the waddling around and hearing, "Oh you DID get bigger since last week!"

I have this one annoying co-worker who is 14 weeks pg now and she's sort of...slow?  I don't know if that's appropriate to say, but we all sort of think she has a mild form of autism or something, but anyway.  So she's not very "there" and so she's having a completely medically managed pregnancy.  I do try to educate her but she can't/won't hear it.  She makes comments that I have to brush off, but sometimes she's rude (she doesn't have a good filter) and I HAVE to call her out on it.  She says things about homebirth and makes offhand comments like, "I would just worry about my baby being ok, I guess I just care too much that things might go wrong to take that chance," and it comes across VERY condescending.  I tell her that it's perfectly safe, and that I too care about my baby, and having a planned homebirth with a trained professional midwife is just as safe if not safer than hospital birthing, and she'll say something like, "I don't want the pain though, doesn't it hurt?"  which completely misses the point.  It's getting frustrating for me, is all.  I don't have the energy to deal with her.

Lucky for me I only have THREE WEEKENDS LEFT!!  Yahoo!!  I knew I wouldn't want to work in July.  And b/c afterwards I'm just going to be a SAHM joy.gif there's no leave for me to worry about.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 06:02 AM

Carrie, Yay! on theSAHM - wish I could after this baby is born, but we'd have to win the lotto or something!

Glad the beach went well. I'd love to go!  I could take DS to the lake . . . but we will see.

PDiannet - I know, the LMP thing always confused my DH, b/c he was like, so you are "pregnant" for 2 weeks (or more) before conception *scratches head*? and yes, the way it is calculated, you are! Thankfully the early u/s gave me a week late EDC, which is fine with me, as it gives me the extra breathing room I need at the end. less pressure!

congrats on turning 30 - I will in October.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#63 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 07:53 AM

Ladies, can I get your opinion on diaper covers? Here's a list of what I have right now:

8 Bummis NB SWW

3 Bummis S SWW

1 Bummis S SB

1 Motherease Rikki S

5 Flip OS

3 Bummis M SWW

A friend sent me two Thirsties Duo Wraps Size Two. When I initially got them, I didn't have all these covers, especially the newborn ones so I contacted Thirsties to see if I could exchange them for Size Ones. The CS rep emailed me back and said no problem, send them to this address and we'll exchange them. So I sent them off a few weeks ago. I contacted them last week because I hadn't gotten the replacements yet and they said they couldn't find my package. When I came in to work this morning, the package was on my desk. UPS had returned it because they said the company was not at the address that I used. GRRRR! So now my question is do I just keep the Size Twos since I have so many newborn and small size covers? The label says they are for 18-40 lbs so I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to use them until around the time that I would start using the Bummis mediums.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#64 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 AM

Oh geez!  Love that.  I would keep the size 2s, I think you have plenty of smalls.  But that's me.  I wouldn't bother with sending anything back, I'm terrible with returning things, and would rather buy more smalls if I needed them worry about it now!  LOL!

2.1 mile stroller walk this morning! I feel great!  Thinking of going to the mall with DD and taking her to the Rainforest Cafe.  She's never been and I think she'll get a kick out of it.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#65 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 08:44 AM

I think you are fine on small and nb covers. Thirsties make great covers, I would keep the size 2. They fit DS when we started CD at 7 months, and still fit great now that he is 18 months with plenty of room to grow.

If I had more money to spend, and extra time today, I would love to get out of the house. Thinking about going to the lake tomorrow if the weather is ok. But I am working, monitoring crock-pot pork bbq for dinner for us an another family tonight, need to clean house, do laundry, because we are dogsitting for my parents . . . and well, it is a busy day! Thankfully DS went for an early nap!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#66 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 08:46 AM

Thanks Baby_Cakes. I think I'll keep them but I'm just pissed that the address the Thirsties rep gave me was completely wrong.

I would love to go to the Rainforest Cafe! We used to have one that was about 2 hrs from us but it closed. The closest one now is almost 4 hours away. My kids love it, especially the thunderstorms!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#67 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Thanks Baby_Cakes. I think I'll keep them but I'm just pissed that the address the Thirsties rep gave me was completely wrong.

I would love to go to the Rainforest Cafe! We used to have one that was about 2 hrs from us but it closed. The closest one now is almost 4 hours away. My kids love it, especially the thunderstorms!

That would burn me up, too.  Ugh.  And now you're out that shipping $$, right??

We have one at our mall, and I've NEVER taken DD.  She watches PBS kids in the morning (and in the afternoon) and they advertise after her favorite shows.  The other day she finally turns to me and says, "Mom, what's Rainforest Cafe?" and a lightbulb went off in my brain.  I could *so* take her there, she would love it!!  Plus, I need a few things.  I need to get to Sephora for body wash and blush, and I want to look for some comfy, cute mary jane type slip on shoes, or ballet shoes, that will get me thru the summer.  My toes are never done and I hate wearing sandals without a pedi, and now that I cant reach my toes, it's out of the question.  I will get my toes done at least before Ieave work, darnit!  You can't pass up a free pedi from your co-worker!!

And of course I'll look at baby things.  LOL!

#68 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Grrr! I wasn't getting email notifications again so I'm way behind. I had to take notes so I'll remember what I want to respond to. Here goes. This will probably be long (even longer than my usual posts redface.gif).

pdiannet ~ O is considered 2 weeks when calculating length of pg. Since the medical establishment has decided that all women should have 28 day cycles, they assume O is on cd14 from lmp, which as we all know, can be way off. Since I O late, I start counting on my O day. I either consider that 2 weeks even if it may be 3, 4 or even 5 weeks since cd1, and then count ahead to week 40. Or, I can count O as cd1 and count ahead 38 weeks. Comes out to the same.

Katrina ~ I think everyone gets the 9 month pg because the average length for a month is 4.3 weeks rather than just 3 weeks. If you divide 40 weeks by 4.3, you get 9.3 months. Another one of those confusing pg things that doesn't really make any sense. That's why I go by weeks instead of months. That seems to confuse people, too, though. I told someone just the other day that I am 32w (or whatever I am) and she had no idea what that meant even though she had a baby. I had to explain to her that the average pg length is 40w so I have about 8w left.

Can you share your pork bbq crock pot recipe? I love bbq, and if it's in the crock pot, that's a major bonus.

Carrie ~ Yay on the beach trip! I'll check out your FB pics later.

Annie ~ I agree with everyone else. Keep the covers. You've got plenty of NB and small.

Talking about working, I quit work a few weeks early when I was pg with ds1. I was planning to work until I went into labor but I just got tired of it so I quit and I never went back. Hehe Well, that's not true. I did end up back at the Patent Office many years later but as a Patent Examiner rather than a receptionist.

I'm going to have my placenta encapsulated. I don't have trouble with PPD, per se, but I do have trouble with depression in general so I think it could help. Also, I still had my placenta from ds3 in my freezer until just a couple of months ago. I threw it out right before I found out I was anemic. My MW informed that was too bad because it could have still been encapsulated and would have helped with the anemia. I thought it was too old at almost 4 years and would be no good anymore. The person I'm getting to do mine does it at my home. I think she said it takes 2 days total. Plus, she does something extra with whatever is left over and sends that to me about a week or 2 later. Can't remember exactly what it is or what it's for but it's included.

I think I got everyone.

Oh, congrats to smylingeyez! I remember you. Welcome. If anyone wants me to add them to the list in the first post, just give me your EDD and I'll do that.

Today is ds3's birthday. He's 4 today! I'm not doing anything big. It will just be me and the boys for some cake and presents. Although, ds has decided he wants to have dinner at Olive Garden even though there were no plans to eat dinner out. I think big brother might have influenced him a bit. lol.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#69 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 PM

It is so nice to have an Olive Garden in town! when we first came I think the biggest restaurant (chain wise) was Applebees.

Recipe

pork roast (I used a boston but this time, but really whatever you like, whatever size you need for your family)

salt and pepper to taste

2 cups coffee

2 Tbs worcestshire sauce

2Tbs Bourbon

10 cloves garlic

3 cups beef broth

1 cup water (or 4 cups water and beef buillion)

small onion, or dried onion, or onion powder

red pepper flake to taste

BBQ sauce

I always sear a roast in hot pan before crock-potting it, but some will say that isn't necessary. I rub it with the salt and pepper before searing it.

Dump everything except the BBQ sauce in the crock pot with the roast. Any ingredient can be left out if you don't have or don't like it. This time I had neither Wors. sauce or beef broth, so I used soy sauce and water. Refrigerated minced garlic, dried garlic flakes, garlic powder, can all be used in place of the fresh garlic.

cook on low for 3 hours, I turn the roast 1/2 through if the liquid doesn't cover it. If you have used fresh garlic, smash or take it out at the end of the first 3 hours. Cook another 3 hours on low. discard liquid, shred meat. Add meat and BBQ sauce back to crock pot and put on low until ready to serve.

While it is best to cook this low and slow, you can heat on high and cut cooking time in half.

I like it because even if I am missing a good many of the ingredients, I can still work with the recipe as a base, or substitute stuff.

DS was playing with my belly button and the baby kicked him. DS didn't like it much at the time (last night) but today he is trying to wake the baby up and get her to do it again. (didn't work though).

#70 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 PM

OMGGGG I wish I could have a REAL margarita or maybe just a shot of whiskey right now!  DD was a nightmare at the mall!  I swear, the beach was a picnic compared to today!  AND she was terrifed of the rainforest cafe.  Couldn't even sit at the table, she started crying.  Ugh, we ended up at Taco Bell again.  I'm sick and tired of Taco Bell!!

Breathe.  Ok.  Going to go fill up the kiddie pool and lay out with a book.  I hope that helps my mood!

#71 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 02:59 PM

MW: Happy Birthday to your DS! Dinner at Olive Garden sounds yummy!

akind1: That recipe sounds great and I'm not even a fan of pork BBQ! I may have to make it one weekend when the kids are home.

Baby_Cakes: Yikes! My first thought when you mentioned Rainforest Cafe was that she might be a little too young for it but then you said that she had mentioned it so then I thought she might be o.k. Hopefully the pool and sunshine will help you relax a bit!

#72 of 299 Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Katrina ~ Is that South Carolin or North Carolina BBQ? Sounds more saucy like SC BBQ. I prefer the more vinegary NC BBQ but yours sounds yummy, too. I'm definitely going to try it. I tried to copy and paste it to my MS Works but kept getting an error message. Stupid thing wants me to use only MS Word but I won't pay for it so then it tries to block me from using anything else. irked.gif

Carrie ~ According to UK guidelines, you can have up to 3 alcoholic drinks, 1 at a time, each week while pg. winky.gif They had some yummy sounding drinks at Olive Garden and all the servers seem to walk up to the table initially with a bottle of wine in hand. I wanted a glass so bad. The server saw my belly and immediately removed all the wine glasses and returned the bottle without asking.

Olive Garden is yummy. Only one problem. I ate one bread stick and a little salad and was full by the time my meal came out. We ended up putting almost everything in a box. lol.gif And now I just threw one of DS's presents across the room because I can't get it put together. hide.gif A glass of wine sure would be nice right now.

Um, Annie, BBQ on a bun with cole slaw is the best! It can't be beat! orngtongue.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#73 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 05:30 AM

MW:  it is probably considered like Western Carolina BBQ. I love the vinegary Eastern NC bbq, but have no clue on how to make the sauce! Down here the sauce is mustard based (not bad, but still, doesn't hold a candle to really good vinegar BBQ).

Carrie, sorry you had such a rough time! sometimes it is hard to know what kids will like and what they won't. I love Taco Bell, but do it only once a week, if that. I want some sushi, but unfortunately the budget won't allow for it right now! Have your margarita! People even look at you funny when you have drinks and breastfeed. I remember the Christmas after DS was born (he was maybe 5-6 weeks old) I think I had 3 drinks or so over the course of the day, they were so good! and people still looked at me funny. but I figured, hey, I don't get to drink often, and I haven't had any in so long! and DS did sleep really well that day . . .

I think too, I drink so much water before we get our food, it doesn't help. I have the same problem, I order pre-pregnancy sized portions and I have no chance of finishing it. ugh. it is a good thing, I guess, all that built in portion control. but it also can be so wasteful!

#74 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

My dh has tried to make the Eastern NC BBQ a few times but it just hasn't worked yet. It's very sweet of him to try, though. I can't find any good BBQ in this town anymore. The only thing we have is a Smithfield's and Cook-Out. Not exactly gourmet or home cookin' or whatever you would call it.

I was thinking that pregnancy is better than lap-band surgery at controlling how much I eat. That's how small my stomach seems to be. I love chocolate but can't eat it because it gives me the worst heartburn. Ryan was happy I couldn't eat because he got my leftovers.

Ok, I have decided that I really need to clean this house. I guess the nesting is kicking in. But I don't even know where to begin. That's my problem most times. I look around and don't know where to put things and get overwhelmed and then just give up. I need to hire one of those professional organizers but I don't think there are any in this town. I'm going to start with a couple of boxes and the downstairs playroom. DS2 wants to have a yard sale for all his old toys but I really don't think anyone will buy any of that stuff. Last time he tried that, no one did and the box of junk is still in the garage. I need to just throw it out or else it will continue to take up space and make mess in my house. That's another reason, I think, that I put off cleaning out the house. I feel guilty for creating more trash because a lot of the stuff is still usable. I'm just not going to use it but I'm too lazy to take it somewhere to be reused. It's amazing how much junk you accumulate with 3 kids. When it was just me and Ryan, we didn't have nearly this much stuff.

#75 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM

MW, I hear you on the junk/usable stuff. I try to resell what I can on craigslist or ebay but I will also just take stuff to Goodwill or Salvation Army. I have a box of stuff in my van right now that needs to go to Goodwill. For the cleaning, I was getting overwhelmed too so what really helped me was typing up a list of specific things I wanted to get accomplished and putting a due date on them. Then I taped the list on my bathroom mirror. As I would do the items, then I would check them off. I completed the first list and I've made a new one that I will put up this weekend. But it's very specific items like "Clean out kitchen cabinets and make room for Ava's bottles" or "Wash all of Ava's 0-3 month clothing". That way I don't get overwhelmed with "Clean play room" because that sounds like such a daunting task to me. But with that said, my big projects for the weekend are cleaning the kids' rooms while they are gone. That will take me most of Saturday especially since I have to rest so much.

#76 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 AM

I don't know who does it, but every 4th of July our church (well the one I grew up in - Cardinal Village FWB) did the vinegar BBQ - they brought in somebody for the sauce, the men cooked the pig.  no idea who the guy is that does the sauce though.

We need to go through stuff, and soon. especially if we are moving in with the in-laws. not looking forward to either.

#77 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 12:54 PM

MW: What about Thigs?  Where did you used to get bbq?  

We're doing nesting stuff today, too.  DH is back at home (and not just on weekends anymore!) and he took a couple of weeks off to finish settling us in.  He finished organizing the garage yesterday (yay, the vehicles fit now!) and we just got done hanging pictures.  Now it's on to the school room (ie, the room full of my stacks of papers).  Ack!

We found some of DD2's ultrasound pics and Baby looks just like her!  I don't think DD1 looked much different, though.  I should look for her ultrasound pics, too.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#78 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

I've never heard of Thigs. I shouldn't have said, "anymore." I don't think I've ever gotten good BBQ here except maybe at a fair or something and who knows who that would have been.

I guess I got a little bit accomplished today. I cleared out one box of stuff and got the rest of the playroom more clean. Although, now there's a pile of stuff on the train table that I don't know what to do with. Clean up one mess, make another. lol.gif

I've been feeling sick again. It's sort of like early pg nausea all over again. I don't feel like eating much of anything. My stomach feels like it's burning almost all the time. I guess that's acid indigestion? shrug.gif Tums don't do anything. Maybe it's the heat.

#79 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Thigs is on 111 (going to the airport).  I'm not a NC BBQ connoisseur, but Thigs is good!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#80 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, that would be why I don't know it. I think I've only been out that road once. I'll have to remember that for next time I want some BBQ. Do they have pulled pork?

#81 of 299 Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Pulled pork, fried chicken, hush puppies, etc, etc!  The ambiance is lacking (acoustics are very loud and the dining area is rather crowded), but the food is good!!  

#82 of 299 Old 06-11-2011, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I've been feeling sick again. It's sort of like early pg nausea all over again. I don't feel like eating much of anything. My stomach feels like it's burning almost all the time. I guess that's acid indigestion? shrug.gif Tums don't do anything. Maybe it's the heat.

I'm nauseous again lately.  I used to wake up starving in the middle of the night, but for the past few nights, I wake up feeling...off.  It's a pukey uncomfortable feeling and food makes it worse.  Just like morning sickness but not as severe.

I've been taking 1 10 mg Pepcid before dinner and it completely gets rid of my heartburn.  This is something else entirely!  And I don't like it one bit!!

Ughhghgh, work today and then I'm hoping I can just come home and collapse.  After today, 2 more weekends of this crap.  Ugh.  All my joints ache.  My hips are SCREAMING at me!!  I just want to unscrew them and put my legs to the side for a few hours.  Man.  The end is hard.  Makes any fear/anxiety over labor really disappear JUST to have your body back and stop being in pain or uncomfortable.

#83 of 299 Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I meant to tell you that I keep a stash of granola nut bars in a drawer in my nightstand for those times when I wake up starving. Another thing that used to work for me was to eat a cheese stick right before bed. The protein helped tide me over a lot longer than anything else. When I started taking the iron I had to stop the cheese stick because my MW said no calcium for an hour before or after the iron.

I think I definitely have two things going on. Nausea that feels somewhat like the morning sickness but not quite as bad and acid indigestion that has turned into acid reflux. Sometimes I burp up this foul tasting stuff that burns. I drank about 4 times as much milk as usual yesterday trying to get rid of it.

Isn't it some kind of cruel joke that pg should be so hard, physically? Maybe it's nature's way of trying to keep the population in check. I never thought I'd say this but I am over being pg. I want to be done and have this baby already so I can get back to being able to move around and eat like a normal person again.

The girlfriend of one of Sean's friends asked me what I needed for the baby. I told her some of those kimono style t-shirts or any t-shirts, really, that aren't onesies. So, what does she send me? A box full of fancy onesies. She told me to let her know if I didn't need or wouldn't use any of it so she could return it. How horrible would it be to give all of it back to her? If it were one or two things and/or she hadn't asked ahead of time what I needed, I'd just keep them. But she got several and specifically what I said I did not want/need. I don't want to be ungrateful but, really? Plus, it's silly to waste her money on things I won't use just to be polite, right?

I forgot to post Sean's lasted pic of names:

Colin (Young Creature)
Broden (Brother)
Branson (Sword)
Korin (Spear) (Core-in)
Astin (A God)
*Nolan (Champion)
Torin (Chief) (Tour-in)
*Gavin (Little Falcon)

The only one I like at all is Astin. And, actually, I like Aston, not Astin, but he thinks Astin has a better meaning. I don't know why he can't see that we could change the spelling a little and still have the same meaning. Many names have several alternate spellings. The starred names are the ones he likes the most. I don't like Gavin at all. Nolan is ok but I dont like it enough to want to use it.

#84 of 299 Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Ughhghgh, work today and then I'm hoping I can just come home and collapse.  After today, 2 more weekends of this crap.  Ugh.  All my joints ache.  My hips are SCREAMING at me!!  I just want to unscrew them and put my legs to the side for a few hours.  Man.  The end is hard.  Makes any fear/anxiety over labor really disappear JUST to have your body back and stop being in pain or uncomfortable.

Just wanted to make a suggestion.  I absolutely love the chiropractor when I am pregnant.  I really strained my neck while giving birth the first time.  It was a 52 hour labor and hard work.  My second labor was 23 hours and I was still really out of place.  So, the third time around I decided to try out the chiropractor and see if it would help 1. with hip pain 2. with labor.  Amazing - if only I had just done it from the start.  My hip pain was absolutely gone and my labor- 4 hours.  I kept it up with my fourth baby- 4 hours again and no hip pain the entire pregnancy.  I've learned some tricks to keeping everything in place, so I don't need to go as often, but it is a place of bliss for me.

Mother to Obadiah, Ira, fencing.gifEva, dust.gifand Ailsa babyf.gif, wife of wonderful state trooper in Alaskacold.gifhomeschool.gifwinner.jpgteapot2.GIFdog2.gifdog2.gifcat.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpgpraying.gif
#85 of 299 Old 06-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Carrie ~ I meant to tell you that I keep a stash of granola nut bars in a drawer in my nightstand for those times when I wake up starving. Another thing that used to work for me was to eat a cheese stick right before bed. The protein helped tide me over a lot longer than anything else. When I started taking the iron I had to stop the cheese stick because my MW said no calcium for an hour before or after the iron.

I think I definitely have two things going on. Nausea that feels somewhat like the morning sickness but not quite as bad and acid indigestion that has turned into acid reflux. Sometimes I burp up this foul tasting stuff that burns. I drank about 4 times as much milk as usual yesterday trying to get rid of it.

Isn't it some kind of cruel joke that pg should be so hard, physically? Maybe it's nature's way of trying to keep the population in check. I never thought I'd say this but I am over being pg. I want to be done and have this baby already so I can get back to being able to move around and eat like a normal person again.

The girlfriend of one of Sean's friends asked me what I needed for the baby. I told her some of those kimono style t-shirts or any t-shirts, really, that aren't onesies. So, what does she send me? A box full of fancy onesies. She told me to let her know if I didn't need or wouldn't use any of it so she could return it. How horrible would it be to give all of it back to her? If it were one or two things and/or she hadn't asked ahead of time what I needed, I'd just keep them. But she got several and specifically what I said I did not want/need. I don't want to be ungrateful but, really? Plus, it's silly to waste her money on things I won't use just to be polite, right?

I forgot to post Sean's lasted pic of names:

Colin (Young Creature)
Broden (Brother)
Branson (Sword)
Korin (Spear) (Core-in)
Astin (A God)
*Nolan (Champion)
Torin (Chief) (Tour-in)
*Gavin (Little Falcon)

The only one I like at all is Astin. And, actually, I like Aston, not Astin, but he thinks Astin has a better meaning. I don't know why he can't see that we could change the spelling a little and still have the same meaning. Many names have several alternate spellings. The starred names are the ones he likes the most. I don't like Gavin at all. Nolan is ok but I dont like it enough to want to use it.

I can even condense what you wrote b/c I need to respond to all of it!!

The granola bars are a good idea, but the crumbs and the crinkling wrapper piss off DH. I know I should just tell HIM to piss off, but I try to keep the peace where I can, lol.

The nausea for me today was exactly like my morning sickness was back in the beginning.  OMG.  I thought I was going to barf quite a few times today. I don't like this at all. 

I'm totally over being pg.  I'm really honestly right there with you, and am super happy this is my last baby and I'll never have to do this again.  I was getting in the car today and I finally just sat there for a minute before I turned it on and said, "Why do I do this to myself?"  I run myself ragged, I'm huge, I'm uncomfortable...all for this baby boy.  I do it all for him.  Once he's here, I can be ME again, I can do what I want to do and be free. Well, as free as I can be with an infant nursling, but you know what I mean!!

How many onesies did she give you?  I would be polite in that situation, and maybe give her back a few and be like, "Thanks for all these, I really don't need them all but I'll keep a few!  Thanks!!"  that way you don't sound ungrateful but also, don't take all those things you don't need!

Names...I love Aston!!  GRRR!  I'm so annoyed for you that he's being a stickler for the spelling.  I did a quick search and Donovan caught my eye.  It means Dark Warrior.  Wyatt doesn't match your naming requirement for endings but it also means Little Warrior.  I like Wyatt Sloane. (Did I spell that correctly?)  It sure is tough to find a name that means what you want it to mean, and still be a name you love.

I'm excited b/c I'm planning a water birth and Dax means water.  I didn't even realize that.  But it's perfect.  Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiannet View Post

Just wanted to make a suggestion.  I absolutely love the chiropractor when I am pregnant.  I really strained my neck while giving birth the first time.  It was a 52 hour labor and hard work.  My second labor was 23 hours and I was still really out of place.  So, the third time around I decided to try out the chiropractor and see if it would help 1. with hip pain 2. with labor.  Amazing - if only I had just done it from the start.  My hip pain was absolutely gone and my labor- 4 hours.  I kept it up with my fourth baby- 4 hours again and no hip pain the entire pregnancy.  I've learned some tricks to keeping everything in place, so I don't need to go as often, but it is a place of bliss for me.

Thanks for the suggestion!!  I might look into it.  I'm not sure.  I had a bad experience with chiro care last pg, and DH is adamant against doing it.  It's one of those things that I don't think can hurt, but can be a waste of money if it doesn't help.  So idk.  But I'm so glad it helped you so much, hearing things like that makes me want to try it again...

#86 of 299 Old 06-11-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Thanks for the suggestion!!  I might look into it.  I'm not sure.  I had a bad experience with chiro care last pg, and DH is adamant against doing it.  It's one of those things that I don't think can hurt, but can be a waste of money if it doesn't help.  So idk.  But I'm so glad it helped you so much, hearing things like that makes me want to try it again...

Just wanted to add that I agree that you can really get a bad chiropractor just as much as you can get a bad doctor, midwife, etc.  I've had a couple of "bad" ones that did nothing for me, or I felt were not receptive to my needs.  So, I have been blessed in the small town I'm in to have a really good chiropractor.  But, word of mouth is the best way to find a good one- or trial and error.  Plus, I have superb insurance and hardly pay anything- so I can indulge myself a bit more.  So, I do have that bias.

Mother to Obadiah, Ira, fencing.gifEva, dust.gifand Ailsa babyf.gif, wife of wonderful state trooper in Alaskacold.gifhomeschool.gifwinner.jpgteapot2.GIFdog2.gifdog2.gifcat.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpgpraying.gif
#87 of 299 Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ The crinkly wrapper annoys me, too. I get those chewy fruit & nut granola bars so there aren't any crumbs. Plus, I'm not sharing my bed with another adult who cares about that stuff right now so I can do what I want. But, yeah, if I had to choose between starving nausea or pissing off my dh, I'd piss off my dh.

I'm ready to tell my dh to piss off on the name thing. He keeps coming back with names I've told him I can't stand. I went through my name meaning book again yesterday and didn't come up with anything new even with dropping my restrictions. I keep going back to the same names that dh has said he doesn't like. We are at an impasse. Since he picked ds3's name (He just got lucky that I liked it, too), I think it's my turn to pick this one's name. At least we agree on the middle name (for now).

Brenden Sloan
Aston Sloan
Aiden Sloan (these two don't sound so good together)

I haven't had any luck with finding a good chiro here, either. I had a great one in Hawaii so maybe I got spoiled. No one else measures up. He did everything through skill and touch and intuition, no x-rays or fancy contraptions. I get turned off as soon as a chiro suggests x-rays. I just don't see why it's necessary. I think it's because most do accident injury for insurance so they need an x-ray to prove an injury. My insurance doesn't cover chiro at all so it's hard for me to afford it in the beginning, too.

#88 of 299 Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Oh see and one of the things I like about my chiropractor is that he DOES take x-rays, to ensure that there isn't some problem which is going to be exacerbated by the adjustments. There are several injuries that could be made much worse if you had an adjustment while they are present. Other than that, no fancy contraptions though. 

DH and I aren't making any headway with names, but we've got longer to go. For a boy, we have Ryan Adlee (or Adli, I can't decide). But I would rather it be Adlee Ryan... or there's several others that I love as well. Girls all we have is Addison. I like it, because I want the nickname Addie... but my preference by far is for Adelyn... and he won't budge on that one. He hates it. We don't have any other girls names even remotely close to agreeing on, even a middle name. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#89 of 299 Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 AM

MW: Have you tried Barbara Shields at White Oak Family Chiropractic?  She's an LLL mom & I have several friends who go to her and love her.

#90 of 299 Old 06-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:

I'm ready to tell my dh to piss off on the name thing. He keeps coming back with names I've told him I can't stand. I went through my name meaning book again yesterday and didn't come up with anything new even with dropping my restrictions. I keep going back to the same names that dh has said he doesn't like. We are at an impasse. Since he picked ds3's name (He just got lucky that I liked it, too), I think it's my turn to pick this one's name. At least we agree on the middle name (for now).

Brenden Sloan
Aston Sloan
Aiden Sloan (these two don't sound so good together)

I like all three.  thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

DH and I aren't making any headway with names, but we've got longer to go. For a boy, we have Ryan Adlee (or Adli, I can't decide). But I would rather it be Adlee Ryan... or there's several others that I love as well. Girls all we have is Addison. I like it, because I want the nickname Addie... but my preference by far is for Adelyn... and he won't budge on that one. He hates it. We don't have any other girls names even remotely close to agreeing on, even a middle name. 

Adlee!  That's a name I've never heard, but I like it!  A lot!  Hmm, I like it as a first name too.  LOVE Addison or Adelaide, or anything that gets shortened to Addie.  I also know someone who named her little girl Adelaide but they shortened it to Dell -- so cute and fits her so well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page