June 2011 Whatever Ladies Graduates - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Carrie, it isn't dumb at all. I feel that way about *so far* having 2 successful pregnancies, when so many of my friends have dealt with serious infertility and miscarriage, and difficult pregnancies in general. It doesn't seem quite right that this pregnancy has been so easy. or that getting pregnant again happened so quickly.  Doesn't matter that it is irrational. (it may not be) but you do, and give birth, wherever you really feel is best.

Annie, even with a c-section, I was pretty much myself immediately. I had no real post op pain, just took things slowly and followed the restrictions given me (no housework for 2 weeks, pelvic rest for 6). Everyone recovers differently. For me, I felt the sooner I could get up and moving, the sooner and better my recovery would be. I was at the pediatrician when Gabe was 3 days old, as well as the OB and Target the same day. Maybe a little crazy, but I hate being cooped up at home. Granted, as well as my recovery went, it doesn't make me jump at the chance to have another c-section!

MW: I wouldn't go to the civilian hospital there either. My mom had such a horrible experience with my brother, (nevermind that it was 22 years ago) that I wouldn't want to take the chance myself!

Well, so far we have had no pee in the potty, but he is sitting on it for longer periods, which is something. If nothing else, this is helping me realize how often he does go, and maybe a better idea of when he needs to be taken. I have been taking him about once an hour. He has peed 3 times and pooped twice. I am considering tomorrow, as I am about out of trainers, just letting him be naked while we are at home. I haven't potty trained anyone in a long time! and while there is no rush, I would love if it caught on soon!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Carrie, it isn't dumb at all. I feel that way about *so far* having 2 successful pregnancies, when so many of my friends have dealt with serious infertility and miscarriage, and difficult pregnancies in general. It doesn't seem quite right that this pregnancy has been so easy. or that getting pregnant again happened so quickly.  Doesn't matter that it is irrational. (it may not be) but you do, and give birth, wherever you really feel is best.

Well, so far we have had no pee in the potty, but he is sitting on it for longer periods, which is something. If nothing else, this is helping me realize how often he does go, and maybe a better idea of when he needs to be taken. I have been taking him about once an hour. He has peed 3 times and pooped twice. I am considering tomorrow, as I am about out of trainers, just letting him be naked while we are at home. I haven't potty trained anyone in a long time! and while there is no rush, I would love if it caught on soon!

Thanks, mama.  Maybe it's just normal to feel this way.  I was so naive with DD, I never doubted anything and it all turned out just fine.  And is worrying really going to change anything??  Unless I act on that worry and change plans, of course.  Idk. But thanks.

Yay for the potty training!  It was a wake up call to me when I was helping DD learn.  Over time they learn to hold it longer and what not.  We did the whole straight to underwear/cloth trainers thing, too, and stayed home for the week.  It was a real PITA but we did it!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-27-2011, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I think it's normal to have some fear about giving birth. It's not something you can control no matter how much you prepare. There's always that unknown.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 AM

I think that's all it is.  It doesn't feel like an inherent gut feeling or like I'm ignoring something.  I talked to DH about my feelings a bit, and he thinks that no matter what, there's always that chance that something could go wrong.  But he feels confident in the path we are taking.  That we aren't being careless or reckless, we have a good plan in place for everything.  I'm ok with the hospital if that's where I need to be.  So.  Lets go!  4 weeks til term!  6 weeks til he's due!

I'm thinking August 2nd.  That feels like his birthday.  It's early, he's not due til the 16th.  But for some reason, idk, I just feel it.  Either that or August 8.  I like the idea of 8/8/11.

What is everyone up to today?

It feels SO WEIRD to not be working.  I'm going to go change my siggy!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 AM

I am trying to figure that out myself! hoping to visit a friends' pool, but maybe not. up to her, of course!

DH's b-day is 8/28 in case Dax runs late!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 06-28-2011, 06:42 AM

Good luck w/that prediction, Carrie!  I knew very early in my pregnancy w/DD2 that she'd either be significantly early or significantly late.  But I couldn't settle on which, and went with early for planning & preparation (my mom's travel, etc).  She ended up 10 days late, and boy, were those last few weeks long!  lol.gif

Regarding postpartum recovery, physical recovery can vary significantly, but aside from that I think it's so important to have a period of limited responsibility for bonding, establishing breastfeeding, and integrating your new role as a mother (or a mother of one more).

I have a coop pickup today, which I'm both looking forward to and dreading.  I love visiting with my friends there (and getting my food!), but the organization can be lacking and it takes hours on the days when the coordinators don't work up the splits ahead of time. 

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 06-28-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I am trying to figure that out myself! hoping to visit a friends' pool, but maybe not. up to her, of course!

DH's b-day is 8/28 in case Dax runs late!

My BIL's bday is 8/25 and he's already joking they'll share a birthday!  LORD plz don't let this kid go THAT late!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Good luck w/that prediction, Carrie!  I knew very early in my pregnancy w/DD2 that she'd either be significantly early or significantly late.  But I couldn't settle on which, and went with early for planning & preparation (my mom's travel, etc).  She ended up 10 days late, and boy, were those last few weeks long!  lol.gif

Yeah I didn't have a feeling until recently, and even so it's not strong.  Everyone said DD was going to be early, and she was right on time.  This time, I'm really hoping I don't go 9-10 days over, that would just really put my knickers in a twist.  I'll go into hiding, I think.

It's funny, now that I'm done working, I feel a bit more like I can be a recluse.  It's a nice feeling.  I've outgrown all my huge maternity clothes and don't want to buy more, and not actually having to be out in public is a wonderful thing.  I can see it getting even worse as time goes on...

Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 AM

Thanks again ladies for your input. I agree that it will be important to have some initial bonding time for just me and Ava but it really ruffles my feathers to have people keep telling me that I won't be able to care for my other kids later on. Not sure why it bothers me so much but it does.

I've always had in my head that Ava would be here by July 4th but that's Monday...yikes! I really felt like I was in early labor yesterday. Severe backache, general crampiness and MAJOR bad mood! But it went away last night while I was sleeping. I did have a great adjustment at the chiro yesterday afternoon and Ava was moving a ton last night so I'm hopeful that she was getting in a better position. Up until this morning, I was feeling so stressed that she was going to come soon and we weren't ready. I finished her bed last night, got the changing pad put on top of the dresser and finished some cleaning that was bugging me. I then read some of my Hypnobirthing book before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, I felt at peace. My house isn't perfect but I'm ready for her to come whenever she is ready. I still have stuff to keep me busy though in case it's another month before she gets here.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
My house isn't perfect but I'm ready for her to come whenever she is ready. I still have stuff to keep me busy though in case it's another month before she gets here.

This is a good sign.  I still feel like my house is unfit to birth in, let alone have a baby living here.  I'm constantly cleaning and re-cleaning, and wishing things were different!!  I think you being at peace is a sign that you're ready!!  I hope its not another month for you.  Do you have a set last day at work or are you working til the very last possible minute?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

This is a good sign.  I still feel like my house is unfit to birth in, let alone have a baby living here.  I'm constantly cleaning and re-cleaning, and wishing things were different!!  I think you being at peace is a sign that you're ready!!  I hope its not another month for you.  Do you have a set last day at work or are you working til the very last possible minute?

I'm working until I go in to labor. I feel bad for the people that have to work with me! Yesterday I was in such a bad mood! I was trying to be pleasant because I didn't want anyone thinking I was in labor but I wasn't doing a very good job at it! I have Monday off for the 4th and then I'll be working from home the rest of the week taking care of my other kids so at least I'll have a bit of a break then. I just want every possible second of my paid time off to be with Ava instead of laying in my bed waiting to go in to labor, you know? I told DH this morning that I have plans to do not much of anything this weekend. The kids aren't home, we don't have any plans and all of our major projects that were bothering me are done. He was a bit surprised but happy to hear it.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ Maybe we'll have our babies together. My 40w edd is July 30 but all of my kids have come a day or two late. I've said from the beginning that I want this baby to come August 1st or 2nd. I like the idea of an August birthday better. For one, it puts it a little further away from ds3's birthday. Second, I like the August birthstone better. Silly reason, I know, but I have a mother's ring and really don't think the July birthstone will look good in it.

We're supposed to go see Cars 2 today. I hope it's not too crowded. I don't do well with crowds.

I'm still struggling with getting ds3 to poo in the toilet consistently. When he's naked he doesn't have any trouble. When he he's dressed he just goes in whatever he's wearing. It's getting frustrating because he obviously knows when he has to go and can do it. He knows the difference between having something on that contains it vs. not. He has not once accidentally pooped on the floor when he's been naked. He doesn't have any fear about it. I think he just doesn't want to stop what he's doing and go to the bathroom. It's easier to go in his pants.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 AM

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.  I do that.  I did it with DD thinking she'd be early (but really that was everyone else including my mw's telling me that and I totally bought it).  But whatever.  If it makes me feel better right now that I might only have 4 weeks instead of 7, then I'll just deal with the disappointment if he comes on time/late. lol.gif

Annie - Ugh about working til you go into labor.  I feel for you.  That doesn't sound fun.  At least the weekend will be relaxing (as relaxing as it can be being THIS PREGNANT).  Take advantage of it!

I wanted to take DD to see Cars 2 at some point this week.  I'm not sure if today is good day or if we'll go tomorrow.  She wants DH to come but I don't want to go to a late showing.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:15 AM

DD has a cold.  Ugh.  Gross.  I had probably my WORST mommy moment last night, she woke up and I brought her into my bed, DH moved to the couch.  Well she threw a fit when I tried to give her medicine in some juice and it spilled all over the bed.  It was 1 am and I was SO TIRED and not in the mood to deal with this!!  Nora started crying (I mean, I was MAD and had shouted about the spill) and so DH scooped her up.  But she "doesn't like daddy" at night, so she threw a tantrum (ended up scratching his face) and I had to change the bed linens in the middle of the night.  Needless to say I was not pleased.  We ended up holding her down and I quickly got some benadryl into her (not sure how much, prob only 1/2 dose) but then spent the rest of the night with her.  I am SO not looking fwd to getting this cold from her!!  Please, if there is a God, let this be a quick and painless cold for both of us!!

My hips are sore this morning from sleeping with her.  We haven't bed shared in a long time.  She is a total bed hog!  My goodness it was annoying!!

Anyway, having some coffee, might go for a walk in a bit but I'm not in a huge rush this morning.  She's doing a little better b/c I did manage to slip some medicine in her juice this morning w/o her knowing.  Sigh.  Kids!!!

Hope everyone else is off to a better start!!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Bad day here too. I feel like I should wear some sort of sign or something to warn my coworkers that I'm in a bad mood. Then maybe they would leave me alone. Back ache, cramps, contractions. Just general blech feelings. Lots of people asking me if it will be soon. I like to tell them it will probably be August and watch their faces. I told you I'm in a bad mood! orngtongue.gif

Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Sick kids are not fun. I hope Nora feels better soon and you don't get it too badly, at least. If it makes you feel any better, I was reading an article today about how it's good for kids to get colds a lot. It strengthens their immune systems. I'm not sure when because I sure don't feel like my immune system is strong. eyesroll.gif

I don't think I'm going to get over this sinus thing until these fires are out. I'm feeling better than I was last Monday and Tuesday. I'm not in as much pain but I'm still very congested and it gets worse as the day progresses. Did I tell you all what happened when I went to the doctor? I saw a PA. She said I had fluid on my ear but it wasn't a full blown infection. She gave me a script for abx but told me not to take them unless I got worse in the next 48 hours (or it may have been if I didn't improve, I can't remember). I haven't gotten worse so I didn't fill it but I don't feel like I'm getting better, either.

DS2 is making me do math workbooks with him. Doesn't he realize it's summer? lol.gif

Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM

Hmm, maybe start the abx?  

DD is miserable.  Ugh, it's one of those days.  

I'm still trying to naturally treat this UTI, and this gallon of water a day is no day at the beach.  It seriously makes me contract like crazy b/c my bladder is always full or filling.  eyesroll.gif  Idk at this point, abx is sounding quite dreamy.  I'll test again on Tuesday and see.  If I still have blood in my urine, eff it, I'm going on abx.  It's too much!!  Of course I say that now...

I have so much to do but my knees really hurt, and all DD's stuff is all over the floor.  I just can't keep up!!!

I have a load of wash to switch, dishes to do, garbage to take out, DD to manage.  My room is a mess.  I just need a vacation!!!  

Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

I know what you mean, Carrie. I've been trying to get my house together for my home visit next week. I wanted to get started so I wouldn't have a ton to do at the last minute. I even wiped down the walls in the kitchen, foyer/hall, stairwell and upstairs hallway. Problem is the home visit is still a week away and everything is getting messy and dirty again. It never ends.

I don't really know what to do about the abx. The PA told me they are contraindicated in pregnancy. I didn't know that. And what's strange is she did say I could take Sudafed and I've read all kinds of bad things about that while pg. I think at this point I'm going to wait until I see my MWs again and ask them. I could call but I don't feel like it.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:09 PM

I've taken sudafed, there was a huge thread about it in my DDC earlier in the winter time when everyone was sick.  It's I think class C, meaning it hasn't been studied enough to know if it causes harm.  Are you stuffy or drippy?  I also use Afrin, which is also class C, but it's more localized and I get immediate relief from congestion.  It totally breaks everything up.  It's up to you with the risk level.  If I can't function, I take the risk.

My thing with the abx is the same as yours.  I don't want a yeast infection or to mess with my flora this close to testing for GBS.  It would really bug me.  Though, my mw is cool with garlic/hibiclens if I do test positive for GBS, so I shouldn't really worry.  Though...if I have to have a hospital birth that would go down the tubes, unless I just retest closer to my due date.  Sigh.  See?  I can talk myself out of anything.

DH just might be my favorite person right now.  I was ready to srsly run away from home.  Nora was sitting right next to me on the couch going, "MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM!" and I was going INSANE.  She's been doing that ALL DAY.  Not leaving me alone for even a minute!!!  He was just busy looking at his new camera and I was like, "How are you ignoring this!?"  I mean, I know she's sick but it's been a long day.  He goes, "Hey, Nora, I'm going to go demo the breezeway a bit more, wanna come help me!?"  

joy.gif

My chinese food also just arrived!!  No cooking tonight!!  I'm DONE!!

Oh -- and yeah, my house being clean?  It's just never enough.  Last visit, my mw even said, "I smell bleach..." b/c I had literally just cleaned the bathroom 2 hours before she got there.  It's never good enough for my standards anymore.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 PM

I am looking forward to being closer to the end! I have 3 months to go, so really, it seems like a while, though I know it will be here before I know it.

Carrie, I wish I had tricks to giving toddler's medicine. Hope you got some good ideas through FB.  I really need to cut DS's toenails, but that is such a fight (which is why they are in such need to be cut!) Also hope you get better sleep tonight.

MW: how was the movie?

Such a busy day; a friend who is 31 weeks went in the hospital last night, she has a placental abrubtion, but baby is ok. she will be on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy, hopefully she can stay pregnant a few more weeks. In the meantime, she is still in the hospital, and they are doing steroids, in case baby does need to be born early. Then off to my MIL's to deliver some stuff, since we are trying to pack and move this week. DH has not been much help today. He has a headache. So do I, but who is up and about with the toddler, and who is laying in bed? hmmm. Then to visit another mama friend.

Tomorrow, more of the same. (except for MIL, we will be seeing far more of her soon enough).

I feel like I am way bigger today, and baby girl has been alot more active.reassuring, that, especially with my friend's situation.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Katrina ~ I hope everything turns out all right for your friend and with the move. I don't pack when we move. I have the movers do that. DH mentioned doing a DITY move next time since we might only be moving to Virginia. I told him to have fun. I'm not going to do it with 3 kids running around.

I'm mostly congested at this point but it's getting better. I can breathe through my nose a little whereas before I couldn't get any air in. I don't know much about decongestants. I don't take them even when I'm not pg because they make me so crazy feeling. It's really awful. But I thought that something like Sudafed was better because it dries up the mucous rather than just relieving the congestion for a while. Is that correct? I have to be extra careful about taking anything like that, though, because of my possible blood clotting issues. Decongestants are vasoconstrictors, I believe, so they can cause decreased blood flow.

I read an article today about how we are making our children sick by cleaning too much. Children who were exposed to more dust at home were less likely to have allergies and asthma, I think. So, that means you don't have to clean your house so much. winky.gif

The boys liked the movie. Me, not so much. I haven't liked any of the kids movies I've seen recently, Hop, Rio and now Cars 2, so I don' t know if it's the movies or me. There's a major political message about Big oil vs. alternative fuel. Even if I may agree with the message, I don't like the idea of sneakily influencing children about stuff like that one way or the other before they can really understand.

I think baby may have dropped a little. It seems to me my belly is a little lower. I'm going to try to get a couple of pics.

My dh can't not get me a gift. I got a necklace in the mail yesterday. I told him not to get me anything. I think I'm going to return it and maybe get myself a yarn swift instead.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

My dh can't not get me a gift. I got a necklace in the mail yesterday. I told him not to get me anything. I think I'm going to return it and maybe get myself a yarn swift instead.

Aww!  This had me chuckling though!! biglaugh.gif

I home birth kit arrived yesterday and I waited til DD was asleep to open it.  Oh goodness!  It's really feeling REAL now!!  I'm just going to keep thinking my homebirth is happening, and not entertain thoughts of risking out.  I have to at least do that for myself.  I mean, I'm at peace with the alternative, but for now I'm just going to visualize my perfect birth.  Of course the kit is just full of random things, gloves, chux, etc.  But the newborn hats and measuring tape did me in!!  A baby is coming!!  Soon!! love.gif

Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM

Yay for birth kits! I will see stuff laying around my house that will randomly trigger the thought that a baby will be here soon and it always catches me by surprise.

Ladies, this is going to be a long month if I have to keep walking around feeling like I am right now. I always had very painful menstrual cramps, to the point that I usually had to take at least one dose of a narcotic pain reliever to get through my period. The pain that I am experiencing now feels like the start of my menstrual cramps. And it stays for hours. Yesterday, it started around 5 PM and did not stop until bedtime. DH and I went to a comedy show with friends to celebrate our friend's birthday and I seriously thought I was going to have to leave in the middle of the show because I was so crampy. It's nothing that I can time though because it's always there. I checked myself this morning and I was able to feel just the very tip of my cervix. I checked myself last week and could get nothing. So I guess it's moved anterior just a bit? That's good right?

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. No kids, nothing planned. DH and I are going to do a lot of lazing about I'm sure! We've been so busy running around and getting ready for this baby. I need a weekend of nothing!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I'm so looking forward to this weekend. No kids, nothing planned. DH and I are going to do a lot of lazing about I'm sure! We've been so busy running around and getting ready for this baby. I need a weekend of nothing!

Take it one day at a time, mama!  And enjoy your weekend.  It'll recharge you mentally.  hug2.gif

I skipped my stroller walk today.  I'm so cranky!  I got eaten alive by mosquitos and Im just a big itchy crabby mess.  Ugh.  I took DD food shopping and we had a really good time.  I forgot that I need to cherish this time alone with her.  It's bittersweet.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hehe. I know it's probably pretty sad to complain that my dh actually does buy me gifts but seriously. If I tell him I don't want anything, then don't waste the money. I do not like getting stuff just because he feels obligated to give me something. I haven't worn necklaces in about 7 years. I don't wear necklaces, or really any other jewelry except the same 2 rings, when I have babies. If he knew me and were thinking of me, he'd know that. I would have told him to get me a yarn swift if I knew which one I wanted. I just learned about them, though, so I haven't had enough time to decide.

Annie ~ I'm sorry you are in pain. Have you talked to your OB about it? I get pains sometimes when I stand up or move but it's only for a few moments, nothing that lasts. I have no idea what position the cervix should be in. I thought about checking mine yesterday but decided it's too early and I don't want to accidentally mess something up, like introduce bacteria right before my GBS test. Plus, I don't think I could get into a position so that I could reach it, anyway. lol.gif

We got our photos today. I spent way too much money but I couldn't help it. I got a collage-type with 3 maternity photos with Kellen and Ethan. It comes matted, padded and framed. I also got 3 other collages of us and a bunch of Kellen for his 4th year and 1 of Ethan because it was the only way he would cooperate. I can't wait to get them. And, yeah, the PictureMe Portrait studios in Walmart can do bare belly photos. joy.gif

Now I'm beat and my house is a mess but I need a nap.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I thought about checking mine yesterday but decided it's too early and I don't want to accidentally mess something up, like introduce bacteria right before my GBS test. Plus, I don't think I could get into a position so that I could reach it, anyway. lol.gif

We got our photos today. I spent way too much money but I couldn't help it. I got a collage-type with 3 maternity photos with Kellen and Ethan. It comes matted, padded and framed. I also got 3 other collages of us and a bunch of Kellen for his 4th year and 1 of Ethan because it was the only way he would cooperate. I can't wait to get them. And, yeah, the PictureMe Portrait studios in Walmart can do bare belly photos. joy.gif

Now I'm beat and my house is a mess but I need a nap.

I think the same thing every time I want to check what's going on up there!  The only time I've done it is in the shower when I knew my hands were clean as could be.  And, prob tmi, but I can barely reach to wipe, I don't think I'll be able to reach my cervix!!  LOL!!

Oh how fun about the pictures!  I need to buckle down and decide if I'm going to do mat photos.  I think I will.  I'm just nervous they'll turn out like crap.  Haha!

I think I've decided I have SPD.  I fit all the symptoms and some of the tricks I read are giving me some relief.  Sucks but knowing my hip pain has a name makes me feel like less of a whiny baby.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

I know what you mean. I have a hard time wiping, too! Someone commented to me that it must be hard to be so pg in the heat. The heat still doesn't really bother me. Being so big is getting difficult, though.

SPD is that pubic symphisis something-or-other, right? Not sensory processing disorder. That's pretty serious, isn't it? Have you talked to your MW about it?

I get a CD with the photo package I got. I can't wait to show you one of the mat photos. For once in my life, I actually look really good in a photo. I was nervous about getting pics of me now because I'm so bloated. I usually hate the way I look in photos regularly so I thought I'd look really horrible now. Some funky pg things. I swear my nose grows while I'm pg. It looks huge to me. Also, the skin under my arms has gotten very dark and I have some moles or skin tags that have gotten bigger. At least one is so big that I may look into having it removed some time. It's gross!

Old 06-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean. I have a hard time wiping, too! Someone commented to me that it must be hard to be so pg in the heat. The heat still doesn't really bother me. Being so big is getting difficult, though.

SPD is that pubic symphisis something-or-other, right? Not sensory processing disorder. That's pretty serious, isn't it? Have you talked to your MW about it?

I get a CD with the photo package I got. I can't wait to show you one of the mat photos. For once in my life, I actually look really good in a photo. I was nervous about getting pics of me now because I'm so bloated. I usually hate the way I look in photos regularly so I thought I'd look really horrible now. Some funky pg things. I swear my nose grows while I'm pg. It looks huge to me. Also, the skin under my arms has gotten very dark and I have some moles or skin tags that have gotten bigger. At least one is so big that I may look into having it removed some time. It's gross!

Is it serious?  Yeah, it's symphysis pubis dysfunction.  I just thought it was a PITA.  I'm going to tell her I think I have it at our next visit on Tuesday and see what she says.  All this time though I really thought the pain was a normal part of the deal and have just been complaining about it here and there.  I thought it was normal but maybe, just maybe, it isn't.

I agree, the heat isn't bugging me at all.  Honestly, smaller people than me are complaining about the heat more.  My mil is a size 0 and all she does is bitch about the heat!!  I'm fine -- I just need my lounge chair and my kiddie pool, a glass of ice water and I'm set.  I actually like it.  I've always been a summer person, though.  Maybe that has something to do with it?

I can't wait to see your photos!!! <3

Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Is it serious?  Yeah, it's symphysis pubis dysfunction.  I just thought it was a PITA.  I'm going to tell her I think I have it at our next visit on Tuesday and see what she says.  All this time though I really thought the pain was a normal part of the deal and have just been complaining about it here and there.  I thought it was normal but maybe, just maybe, it isn't.

I don't know how serious it is but it's definitely not normal. I don't think it's life threatening but I don't know if it could result in permanent damage and/or if you should really be taking it easy (no more power walks?). I've seen quite a few threads about it on the various pg boards. Maybe there's one on your DDC or the main pg board where you can get some info. Maybe a pelvic support belt like I got would help some and your insurance may cover at least part of the cost.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I don't know how serious it is but it's definitely not normal. I don't think it's life threatening but I don't know if it could result in permanent damage and/or if you should really be taking it easy (no more power walks?). I've seen quite a few threads about it on the various pg boards. Maybe there's one on your DDC or the main pg board where you can get some info. Maybe a pelvic support belt like I got would help some and your insurance may cover at least part of the cost.

Yeah, rest is definitely one of the things I've read in looking into this a bit more.  Also things like, "What can I do/bring with me to make this easier?" or "Do I really have to do this/go there?"  

One of the toughest things for me is getting in/out of the car.  I thought it was just normal.  But I didn't realize it should be just moderately odd/uncomfortable and I shouldn't be wincing in pain.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:18 PM

hey guys...just checking in! I've read the last few pages. I cannot believe you guys are all so very close to having your baby in your arms! I just hit the 2nd trimester today. I have been SO miserable. The worst nausea I've had yet was last week. I'm hoping it was just going out with a bust because I haven't been that sick the last few days. It goes in cycles of 6-7 days off and on so I can't tell yet if it's gone for good. Now my energy is super low. I've been napping every day. I can't get through the day without passing out on the couch for 1-2 hours. I thought it was supposed to get better. WTH! I've gained over 10lbs already and feel like a cow. I'm showing now as of last week. People are noticing my belly! I've been feeling the baby move here and there. Pretty amazing! Still doesn't feel real. After having that miscarriage, I've lost the innocence of it all. I don't dwell on it but I'm finding it still doesn't feel real to me yet even with the baby movements. I don't know if it will anytime soon. Anyway, I love the baby names you guys have chosen. Katrina---what's your little girl's name going to be? I didn't see it anywhere. Are you sharing? 

FWIW, Annie---I know a baby that turned during labor---the mother transferred to the hospital and then went back home to have the homebirth she really wanted! Homeopathic Pulsatilla is known for turning babies at the end--it would definitely help with the emotional breakdown stuff too! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys

User Tag List