Barefootscientist ~ Baby boy born May 30, 2011

AnnieA ~ 7/21
MarineWife ~ 7/30
MovingMomma ~ 8/9
Baby_Cakes ~ 8/16
akind1 ~ 9/28
jeninejessica ~ 12/1
Kindermama ~ 1/6

Link to last month's thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1311030/may-2011-whatever-ladies-graduates

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OMG it's JUNE!?!

Subbing! 

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#3 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 03:39 PM

This is my most recent belly photo, from last week. I don't remember if I posted it yet... I need to take another tomorrow. 

254076_10150599246505088_692020087_18871225_2494929_n.jpg

I am going to be freaking huge. But, as long as it's all belly, and not gaining weight everywhere else, I'm ok with that. 

Annie-- Great news!!

Re: the baby jogger. It's hard to explain. Carrie's right, if the stroller were strictly for jogging, there are better ones out there (the bob ironman gets superior reviews), but technically baby jogger even states that the elite is -not- a jogging stroller. It's a "city stroller" made for all terrain, and pretty much anything you throw at it, it can take. 

I love the sunshade on it-- folds down all the way to almost completely cover baby. 

and the seat is deep, with room for lots of kid, but he can still see out of it too. 

the elite has the basket on the bottom, which most joggers don't have, and it comes with a big parent console. 

it has a 75!!! lb weight limit for the single (I don't remember the double). 

one hand fold in seconds. You literally grab a handle on the seat, pull up, and just carry it to wherever you need. And I've used it, and it actually works!

anyways, I could go on and on, but really, as an all terrain, all purpose stroller, I'm completely in love with it, I keep trying to convince myself into something cheaper, and it's not happening. These strollers are actually the ones they rent at disney, so you can tell they hold us well to use as well!

Graduated today. Phew! It's finally over. Feels so nice. And DH was medicing at the even yesterday, so he found my diploma, wrote a note, and stuck it inside, so when I opened it up, there was a note from him already. so cute!  Then we went for lunch with my in laws, and then to babies r us to register (and now I have to go take off all the things I really only put on because I was scanner happy, and don't really need...) and then to chapters and bought a pregnancy journal/book, so I'm excited to fill that out. I've been wanting one for weeks, but didn't have time to go down and look through them. Have any of you had one? I couldn't find one that was more geared toward natural birth or living, but the one I got isn't bad, and even specifies "place of birth" and midwife or doctor, so I'll take it!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM

Annie:   Yay for good news and a healthy baby!!!

I love all the belly pics!  I don't have a recent one.  

I did my 2 hr postprandial glucose test today & I think I confused the heck out of the naval hospital.  I got a message from someone in the clinic saying I failed my "postpartum" glucose test.  The number he gave was 125, and "Heart and Hands" says 120-140 is the normal range for a 2 hr postprandial.  So I'm not worried about it, but I have to call them back and make sure they aren't worried about it.

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#5 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Congrats on graduating JJ!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#6 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Re: the baby jogger. It's hard to explain. Carrie's right, if the stroller were strictly for jogging, there are better ones out there (the bob ironman gets superior reviews), but technically baby jogger even states that the elite is -not- a jogging stroller. It's a "city stroller" made for all terrain, and pretty much anything you throw at it, it can take. 

I love the sunshade on it-- folds down all the way to almost completely cover baby. 

and the seat is deep, with room for lots of kid, but he can still see out of it too. 

the elite has the basket on the bottom, which most joggers don't have, and it comes with a big parent console. 

it has a 75!!! lb weight limit for the single (I don't remember the double). 

one hand fold in seconds. You literally grab a handle on the seat, pull up, and just carry it to wherever you need. And I've used it, and it actually works!

anyways, I could go on and on, but really, as an all terrain, all purpose stroller, I'm completely in love with it, I keep trying to convince myself into something cheaper, and it's not happening. These strollers are actually the ones they rent at disney, so you can tell they hold us well to use as well!

Graduated today. Phew! It's finally over. Feels so nice. And DH was medicing at the even yesterday, so he found my diploma, wrote a note, and stuck it inside, so when I opened it up, there was a note from him already. so cute!  Then we went for lunch with my in laws, and then to babies r us to register (and now I have to go take off all the things I really only put on because I was scanner happy, and don't really need...) and then to chapters and bought a pregnancy journal/book, so I'm excited to fill that out. I've been wanting one for weeks, but didn't have time to go down and look through them. Have any of you had one? I couldn't find one that was more geared toward natural birth or living, but the one I got isn't bad, and even specifies "place of birth" and midwife or doctor, so I'll take it!

CONGRATS on graduating!!!  What a huge accomplishment!!  

Adorable belly!! <3 I love seeing bellies sprout!

And I am loving how much you know about this stroller!!  My goodness woman, I should have just asked YOU!!  LOL!  The limit for the double is 100 lbs, and you're right about how easy it is to fold.  You just pull the straps!  It's like, super easy.  I did NOT know they rented them at Disney.  Wow!  See, I really did do my research!!!  I picked a winner!!  LOL!!

I love scanning stuff at BRU!  I do the same.  I *scanscanscanscan* and then come home and edit.  I dream big when I'm there.  LOL!  Fun times!!! 

I just did a half hour on the treadmill.  Ahhhh felt good.  I'm determined not to become a total moose!!  Taking it easy and me do not mix.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

JJ ~ Love the belly pic! I just don't see you getting huge. You are so small to begin with.

Gotcha on the stroller. There is a difference between a true jogging stroller and an all-terrain or city stroller or whatever it's called. I'm not a hardcore runner but my dh is so we needed something that was made for jogging. Of course, he didn't use it much for running eyesroll.gif but, like I said, he likes it as a regular use stroller. I thought I was going to get into running but it gets too hot here for me. Big difference from Hawaii where it usually stays in the mid-80s. Here it gets up into the triple digits. I can't run in that heat. Ugh!

lol.gif on being scanner happy. My dh got like that when we were registering for our wedding gifts. I kept having to ask him if he was sure he really wanted this or that.

I have not kept a pregnancy journal. I do get baby books that have a few pages in the beginning to write things about the time before baby comes. I have to admit I'm terrible about filling them out, though. They are all about half done.

Ok, I got a pic of myself. Don't be scared. I had to do it myself so it's not the greatest. My arms aren't long enough to get my face and my belly in the same shot. Here goes. Don't laugh. redface.gif

OT: I am getting so frustrated with the situation between ds2 and his best friend, the boy who lives next door. I have never liked that kid. He's always been hyper and loud and has no respect for other people's homes or things. For example, he would come to my house and rearrange all the toys, large and small, including play furniture even though I told him every time to leave things where they were. He calls my ds around the corner and whispers to him about doing things that he knows I don't want my ds doing, obviously trying to scheme with my ds on how to get away with whatever it is. He comes over almost every day to see if my ds can play and then runs off to play with someone else where my ds can't go or just leaves without saying anything if my ds doesn't want to do what he wants. My ds gets very hurt and upset. This other boy also does things to exclude my ds3. I can understand the bigger boys wanting to play sometimes without little brother around but as soon as ds3 shows up to play this boy comes up with something that ds3 can't do and then tells him he has to go home.

The latest thing right now is that I tell my ds2 that he has to come inside once it gets dark. Not unreasonable, I think. I guess the neighbors don't mind their 7yo child playing outside in the dark next to a sort of busy street. So, my ds cries because he has to come in and this other boy doesn't and then yells at me that I'm mean and horrible and he hates me. greensad.gif Meanwhile, this boy rides around on his bike talking about and acting like he's going to ride off to another kid's house even though he can't really go there like he's teasing my ds. The whole thing makes me so angry that I want to tell ds he can't play with this boy anymore. The problem with that is that ds says this boy is his best friend. He really likes him, which I just can't get because it seems to me he treats my ds badly. Bleh!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#8 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM

BEAUTIFUL BELLY!! OMG - why would we laugh?  You are gorgeous!!

And, that little boy sounds like a punk.  Idk what I would do.  We had a punk kid like that on my block growing up, he was a few years older than me (so quite a bit older than my little brother). But man, he was such a little shit.  My brother ALWAYS wanted to hang out with him, and became such a jerk when he was with him.  He started getting in real trouble b/c that kid started smoking and what not, and my brother was such a good kid he didn't want to "tell" on him.  Ugh I coudn't stand it.  But he was "cool" so ... what can you do?  It's hard.  Especially bc it's a neighbor and not someone that's going to go away.  

#9 of 299 Old 06-01-2011, 08:26 PM

I think I remember you talking about this family previously. I don't envy you that stage. It's easy in the beginning when they're too young to really pick or care about their friends, but I know how much harder it gets once they're older. I had a pretty good smattering of friends, but my siblings both latched onto people my parents would rather them not have hung out with at all... but as you said, it's harder once they're 6, 7, 8 to tell them they can't be friends with someone, or try to impose rules their friends don't have. 

Re: The belly. I don't think I'm going to gain a lot of weight, but I think I'm going to gain a lot of belly. I'm only 13 weeks in the photo, but I show even more in person most days than that. And this is my first too. It just goes to show how bad my ab muscles are! lol

Carrie: I've done a TON of research while trying to talk myself out of the stroller. Nothing worked. It's still all I want. 

I'm jealous that you're running/jogging still. I'm getting so winded and tired at any exertion. My friend is coming over on Friday and we're going to go for a walk, and I'm cringing at how long it's going to take us to get there and back. lol. 

Off to laugh at my scanned items on the registry. I know there's things on there I have specifically said I won't need... and then scanned anyways. You get sucked in with thinking "well if somebody is going to want to buy something like this anyways, I may as well have it be the one I would pick myself... 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#10 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 AM

I bought a pregnancy journal for this one (well, it is informational really, but has space to journal every day) and I have not written a thing! I do have an app for my phone where I have jotted notes though, does that count?

Love the belly pics!

I thought I would gain a lot with this pregnancy, since I gained 5 lbs right away - within the first 8 weeks in fact - but I have not gained any since. My belly is getting bigger/changing shape though. I can still wear some of my pre-pregnancy shorts. (probably because all my fluff is getting pushed above my waistband. haven't got that neat round belly. Maybe later . . . )

Carrie, if you are in love, you are in love! I was that way with my Maclaren, and DH was that way with the Ergo! and regret neither purchase! (though I wish I had known about the Boba when he was doing carrier research, IMO it is a much better SSC)

MW: it is hard to say, you can't stop the neighborhood kid from being a punk, the only hope is that if hurts your DS's feelings enough times, maybe your DS will come to the realization that this punk is really not his BFF. (if boys have BFFs). Hard to watch, but maybe necessary.

So glad your mom can come and help! it is going to be a busy summer, 2 July babies, 2 August babies! then a slow but productive fall/winter with Sept/Oct baby, December and January!

I really wish DS would sleep in a little later. as soon as I am up, so is he! oh well.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#11 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

My belly is so saggy. I guess that's what happens from being old and pg with baby #4. Seeing myself like that actually makes me kind of glad dh isn't here. I don't feel attractive at all and would be embarrassed for him to see me like this. Of course, not that embarrassed because I'm going to send him that pic.

I've mentioned this boy and this family before. They live right next door so he and my ds play together almost every day. I had a talk with ds about it last night. I told him that I don't want him going over to the other boy's house to play anymore because I feel like that boy doesn't respect me. It's gotten so bad that I have been not so nice to this kid lately. I just can't stand the way he behaves and I tell him so.

Here's a perfect example of his sneaky, dishonest behavior. Yesterday, I went over there to make sure my ds was still over there playing because I couldn't get anyone on any of the phones when I called (even though the dad and 18yo sister were home). The boy answered the door but would only open it a crack. He called Ethan to the door and I spoke with him for a second but the whole time this boy was trying to shut the door in my face. He actually shut and locked the glass door while I was still talking to ds. If it were anyone else, I might just think the kid was too young to understand how rude that is and let it go. Not this kid, though. So I called my ds over to the door again and asked them what they were doing. Sure enough, this boy was playing the video game Halo, which he knows I don't want my ds watching or playing. It's rated at least teen but might even be mature. He wanted to shut the door as quickly as possible so I wouldn't come in and see what he was doing. I think he does that sort of thing on purpose. He knows I don't want my ds playing those kinds of games so he invites my ds over and plays the games in front of my ds while he expects my ds to just sit in his room and watch.

Anyway, so I told ds last night that I didn't want him going over there anymore because that boy is not supervised enough and he disrespects me by doing things that he knows I don't like. Surprisingly, my ds agreed, sort of. He said that I would have to find other people for him to play with. lol.gif I can't have someone over here for my ds to play with all the time so we'll see how that goes. He comes home nasty, too, after playing with this boy, crying and screaming and yelling for his way as soon as he walks in the door. I've got to stop this before the baby comes.

Here's another example of how this boy is not supervised. A new family moved into a house in the cul-de-sac behind us. Apparently, they have their own bouncy house. My ds asked if he could go over there. I said no because I hadn't met the parents yet and couldn't do it right then. This other boy just went right over, into their house and their backyard and played all night. I went over the next day to meet the parents. As I was chatting with the mom she mentioned that she had wondered the day before where the parents of the other kid were. It's been about a week now and they still have not gone over to introduce themselves but they let their 7yo child go inside the house. How do they know these people aren't perverts or criminals or drug addicts or something? I mean, I don't really know either since I haven't hung out with them a lot but I've at least met them so they know I'm here and involved.

Sorry for the long post but I've got one more thing. I'm sure you all remember the baby who's foot was burned and the father was being investigated by the police. I was told yesterday that he's being charged with something, not sure if it's child abuse or neglect. And they are now investigating the mother because they think she may have at least been there when the incident happened, if not done it herself. She has also since married the father. It makes me so sad for the baby. I won't be surprised at all if she loses the baby, if for no other reason than she married this guy while he was being investigated for burning her 6 day old baby. Who does that?!

#12 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Katrina ~ We cross-posted. Why do you like the Boba better than the Ergo? I've been thinking about buying an Ergo even though I have a pouch, ring sling, wrap and mei tai. My mei tai works essentially the same except that it doesn't provide any head/neck support when the baby/child is sleeping.

#13 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 AM

Whew! I feel like I'm so behind w/you ladies! I worked pretty much all of the long weekend cleaning cleaning CLEANING my house and did not get online at all. And because we were closed on Monday, I've had a ton of stuff to do to catch up w/at work. So just now feeling like I can breathe again!

Baby_Cakes: WRT to the stroller, don't try and talk yourself out of it. If you love it, you love it. I was that way w/the stroller that I picked out. I tried to find different/cheaper solutions and nothing would work. So I just put the Peg Perego Uno on my registry and went with it. Since I'm not doing a nursery (Ava will be in our room w/us), my mom bought the stroller for us because she spent about the same amount of money on my sister's first child's nursery bedding. And when I finally got my hands on that stroller, I love it just as much as I thought I would! I smile every time I pass it in the living room and I haven't even put the baby in it yet!

JJ: Cute belly and congrats on graduating!

akind1: I thought I would gain a lot during this pregnancy too because I packed on almost 10 lbs in the first tri but it really has slowed down. I don't think I've even hit the 20 lb mark yet. My next OB appt is tomorrow so we'll see what I'm at then.

MM: I did the 2-hr PP glucose test too and my dr said that my level needed to be 120 or below. But if your care provider is o.k. w/125 then you are probably good. I think my level was 100.

MW: I would have to put a stop to hanging out with that kid too. The lack of supervision is my big issue even over the poor behavior.

Kindermama: How are you doing? Feeling o.k.?

AFM: AGGGHHHHH! I guess I am next! For some reason, I thought there was someone else in front of me but both MW and MM are behind me! I have my next OB appt tomorrow and we'll do another NST. I'm actually looking forward to it because last time, I enjoyed just laying there and listening to her heartbeat for a while! I need to ask my OB when he wants to do the GBS test so I can start preparing. I went to buy more probiotics at Whole Foods yesterday and they only had the giant container of the one I usually buy so I held off. But I need to start taking them again soon because I haven't taken any for about a month. I will also do the nightly garlic suppository for a week before the test. I really do not want to have to deal with the abx or an IV while in labor.

I need to order a dozen GMD orange edge PFs and a dozen Osocozy newborn/infant PFs and then I think I'll be set on diapers. I'm meeting a lady tomorrow to buy her 7 Bummis NB SWW that she put on craigslist for $25. Then I just need to wash all that stuff and Ava can come whenever she wants! I keep meaning to take a picture of my washing machine and post it on here to get you ladies' advice on how I should be washing my diapers. I'm a visual learner so I want to show you guys what I'm working with and hopefully you will have some advice. I'll try to remember to do that tonight.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#14 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 AM

MW: the Boba is wider and higher, so especially if you have larger babies, or plan on wearing a toddler, it is just better built for that, especially back carries. I like that also, since DH and I are larger sorts of people, we have no need of the extension belt (DH needs it with the Ergo). Also the sleeping hood is detachable, which I like. We are keeping both though, because the Ergo is fine for smaller kids, and ok for front carries once the baby is around a year old,  I wouldn't do back carries with the ergo, DS tends to arch backwards and try to reach things, and the Ergo only comes midback on him, making it seem a bit unsafe. Also, for us the Boba was cheaper.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#15 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 07:21 AM

Hi Girls!! 

Long time no talk. I do pop in here once in awhile but I won't pretend I am all caught up :-) 

I love all the belly pics and CONGRATS to BFS joy.gif

I will play along - I never posted a belly pic in my due date club so here it is!IMG_1078.JPG

This was about a weekish before I had the baby (please ignore the dirty bathroom!!!)

Ok - so I had to tell this to you ladies because it is only something you would get! LOL 

Remember how I randomly figured out that I conceived my first two DD's within a few days of a full moon? Well, I thought it was crazy and even wrote down all the full moons for a whole year (while I was CTA). It didn't help because I was just talking to my sister and I figured out that I conceived DD3 right at a full moon too!!! LMAO - how funny is that?!?

Here is a pic of my baby girl as well :)

IMG_1189.JPG

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#16 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 AM

Annie, thanks for the pics! and I believe you about the moon; for a while my ovulating always coincided with the full moon. (till it got all wacky)

hope you and your little one are doing well!

#17 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Awww, what a gorgeous sleeping baby!!!  Neat about the moon!!

re: the stroller -- I'm not even trying to talk myself out of it, just trying to decide if I should buy it now or wait!  LOL!  It's so mine!!

AFM - I'm so tired today! Aughfhrh!!!  I really wanted to clean up the house today, but just did *not* have the energy.  Balls.  Oh well.  No sense in feeling down about it, right?  It'll get done when it gets done.  Instead, DD and I went out back with the pool and hung out for a few hours.  I'm supposed to be resting, anyway, right?  LOL!

#18 of 299 Old 06-02-2011, 03:45 PM

I got the house almost completely spotless today!! It's amazing how much better I feel now that the sickness has mostly passed. I'm still tired, but I don't feel like I need to sit very still without blinking for hours on end, waiting for it to pass. 

I have a friend coming over tomorrow, which was the main reason for the clean, but it also was a requirement before bringing all the boxes of baby goodies upstairs and sorting. My SIL is in the midst of packing all her girly clothes, so I figure I should find out what I really need. Basically I think if it's a girl, we will be set until about 30 months, before we have to buy anything at all. Literally. She has three girls, and her last is now a boy, my other SIL passed on all her 18-24mo clothing, as did the woman we bought the house from. Now it's just boy things we'll need if this baby goes blue on us. 

I'm sorting through a bunch of the non-clothing items too. There's some already I know I can get rid of (I have three bumper pads, and not sure if I like any of the patterns, let alone if I want to use a bumper at all....), so that's exciting to be clearing out space. 

#19 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 05:19 AM

JJ: I think bumpers really are a purely decorative thing; not necessary or even particularly useful. Honestly all you really need for the crib is sheets. I like a dust ruffle, and some really swear by mattress protectors. (I will say they are totally cute, the bumpers, quilts, etc, just not practical)

Carrie, I hear you.I am also too tired to clean!

For some reason some mornings I am still getting queasy, with the dry heaves. Only happens if I see or smell something nasty, or if I am not careful with my toothbrush and gag myself. ugh.

I really want to buy some things for this baby. Gymboree is having a sale and calling my name!

#20 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 AM

Bumpers are actually a potential safety hazard and shouldn't be used in cribs. I got a "breathable" bumper to use in Ava's crib that is basically a mesh liner that will keep her little arms and feet from getting stuck between the bars but if her face gets up against it, she will still be able to breathe. I love the way nursery sets look but since you can't use the thick/heavy comforter or the bumper around the baby, I have a hard time justifying the expense.

The Gymboree sale....AGGGHHHHHH!!! I went in there yesterday and was actually able to resist buying anything for Ava but I did buy a new dress and hairbow for my niece who is turning 2 next week. And I guess technically I did buy something for Ava because all of my niece's clothing is being handed down to Ava sooooo I guess I'll see that dress again soon! Crazy 8 is also having a similar sale (everything $10.99 or less) but I didn't see anything super cute in there for baby girls.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#21 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 AM

Oh Oh! And I have fluffy mail coming! I caught the "thirds" sale at GMD yesterday so I ordered 2 dozen of the yellow edge shorts. I figure that I will just fold them down for the first couple of weeks and deal with them being a little too big for Ava. I couldn't pass up $15/dozen even if they are cut a little funky!

#22 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

I forgot to subscribe to the thread I started so I wasn't getting email notifications. I wondered why we all got quiet all of a sudden.

#23 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 10:28 AM

the crib my dad built has 3 solid sides and only the front has bars/slats, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't use a bumper.

I think we are going to go to Gymboree this evening . . . so tempting!

#24 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Still here.  Feeling really quesy lately and tired.  Love all the belly photos.  I won't be sending mine in until I actually have something to show.  I'm about 5 weeks now, figure I conceived around May 3rd- on the new moon.  I usually O around the new moon.  Don't know what that means. 

I am actually in the market for a new mode of stroller transportation for my kiddos.  Honestly I think I will be just getting a heavy duty garden cart.  I have a Bob Double stroller and absolutely love it.  But all four of my kids ride in it at once.  They fit fine, but the fights that occur during our walks could be avoided.  My oldest son is 6 and really has no interest in riding a bike.  Since there is a big accumulation of snow 7 months of the year here, it's important for us to have something with big wheels and good traction.  I am thinking of buying him a triton three wheel cruiser for Christmas.  I think it will be a good fit for some of the trails we go on.  Also, I carry my 15 mo old on my back in the Ergo, but she is real interested in riding with the others, plus she is getting heavy.  So, being nauseous, on a walk, a few fights here and there, is causing a need for change.  Plus, my Bob looks tired. 

Whatever gender this baby may be I am going to be needing a new set of clothes.  The boys and girls have worn all their out, so I am looking forward to some pass-me-downs.  We have a couple of second-hand stores in Anchorage I love to shop at also- very reasonable and it's always nice to recycle.

Nice to hear about all you ladies. 

Mother to Obadiah, Ira, fencing.gifEva, dust.gifand Ailsa babyf.gif, wife of wonderful state trooper in Alaskacold.gifhomeschool.gifwinner.jpgteapot2.GIFdog2.gifdog2.gifcat.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpgpraying.gif
#25 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

I was just thinking that a lot of my boys' things probably won't make it through for this one to use, not clothes but things like bikes and other ride-ons and outside toys.

I went on a shopping spree today. Stopped at the 2nd hand store and got some good deals on a baby monitor, wipes warmer and bike helmets for my boys, plus some sort of vibrating, bouncy, rocking thingy to put the baby in. That was a total impulse buy but I'm hoping it will keep baby occupied sometimes so I can do some cooking or cleaning. I can't do a lot of that stuff with baby in a sling because of my back problems so baby either has to be put down or it doesn't get done.

I also got a few things from BRU but I'm going to have to return half of it. I bought the smaller baskets for the changing table because the larger ones looked too tall. Now that I've got them home I think the larger ones will fit and hold more. I also got a Britax cup holder to attach to ds3's Britas Boulevard. His doesn't have one so he's been using one on ds2's booster. I'm going to have to move ds2 to the 3rd row when the baby comes so ds3 will need another cup holder. The stupid thing says on the box it's made to fit the Boulevard but I can't see where it's supposed to attach. irked.gif

I need to figure out when to start taking my GBS cocktail. I can't remember if it's just 2 weeks or 6 weeks before EDD. I got some RRL tea today since I was at the health food store but don't think I should start drinking that for another few weeks.

I'm just rambling but that was my day.

#26 of 299 Old 06-03-2011, 06:04 PM

pdianet-- I am ALL about the hand me downs and thrift store finds. Most people I talk to don't get it, because they're like "but it's your first, don't you want all the new things?" And all I can think is that I'm going to pay $12 for some onesie, and the kid is going to puke on it the first time they wear it. NOT my idea of money well spent. lol. 

Definately agree on the bumpers-- that's why it will be only these ones, or none. I couldn't justify putting out money for one, when it would only be there part time as a decorative option. The bars on the crib I want are super thick and close together as well, so I'm not even worried about limb slippage. It's just that I have them, so trying to decide if I'll put them on every now and then to look pretty. 

Annie-- Ooooh fluff! The AMP diaper store is having (or was having... not sure) a seconds sale, and I so badly wanted to buy, but I know I should hold off. She'll probably do at least one more before the monster gets here, so we've got time, but it was so tempting!

Busy weekend ahead-- Visited today with my friend, now I pretty much need to eat dinner and then crash, and then tomorrow I work until 330, then dinner at 430 with my family, and then sunday I work 7-330, and then possibly going over to meet my new nephew. I'll be looking forward to Monday! lol

#27 of 299 Old 06-04-2011, 05:00 AM

I did go to Gymboree and bought the little girl 2 things and DS one, and still got out of there for under $25! now, when you can buy new as good as that, why not? but yes, we bought a TON of stuff for DS used. The co-sleeper, the swing, clothes, etc. Honestly most baby stuff - unless it has been used by more than 1 child - has seen so little wear, buying used is the way to go, if you can find what you want.

I ordered more diaper covers off Etsy . . . now I think I will be fine cover wise until she hits medium, where I have begun DS's stash. I told DH that likely I would buy a couple  things to supplement, but otherwise, we don't need anything new.  I do need some infant/newborn sized prefolds I think. I know GMD reworked their prefolds (I have the old style; the new ones I think are shorter and wider). I wouldn't mind having  a dozen of those.

I love shopping! not always a good thing though.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

#28 of 299 Old 06-04-2011, 05:03 AM

MW: the Britax cupholders only fit the newer models (manufactured after June 2010).  http://www.britaxusa.com/accessories/child-cup-holder

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#29 of 299 Old 06-04-2011, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

MW: the Britax cupholders only fit the newer models (manufactured after June 2010).  http://www.britaxusa.com/accessories/child-cup-holder

Yeah, that's what I figured. Would have been nice if they had put the model years it fit on the box. irked.gif There was another cupholder there for less with an adjustable attachment. I didn't get it because I thought the Britax would definitely fit, right? eyesroll.gif I hate shopping so I dread having to go back and return things.

I was reading a thread about RRL tea in my DDC. It seems I could start drinking it now. I'm a little paranoid because I drank one cup very early in one of my pgs and started to m/c the next day. Probably a coincidence but that's why I haven't drank any yet with this pg. Also, I don't know how I could drink as much as is recommended. I can't buy it in bulk and the boxes of tea bags are expensive and won't last very long.

All this talk about newborn PFs is making me want to buy some just to see how they measure up to my larger ones. Hehe I've been busy knitting away, trying to get all the soakers, sleepers and longies for the NB-6 months done before baby comes so I don't feel pressured to make them when I should be napping with baby. Now the problem is that I've got all this beautiful yarn but can't use it yet because I want to wait and see how big this baby is before I make stuff too far into the future. I'm off to see if I can order my birth kit.

#30 of 299 Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 AM

MW, I started drinking RRL in the second trimester. I drank it weaker than recommended though, I think.

We're doing pretty good here. DS2 is a very happy baby, except when his clothes or diaper needs changing, then it's like "shriiiiieeeeeek! Hands off my apparel!" LOL He seems to have his days and nights figured out already - he woke up twice last night to nurse but then fell right back asleep. And actually DS1 slept in until 8 or so too, and so did I! It was very cozy and nice. DS1 got into a great pattern of waking up twice at night early on too, which is wonderful. I know I'm very lucky in that regard. Nursing is going well, still having pain at latch-on, but I think it's getting better. His cord stump has fallen off and my milk has come in so I feel like we're over the initial postpartum hump! And he's pooped in the potty already a couple times too! thumb.gif

Got to go though, he's waking up.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page