Light Mountain Henna Hair Color - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone use Light Mountain Henna hair color while pregnant? I used it while TTC from a suggestion from another Mothering member and I really like it.  I'm getting closer to needing it done again but I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant. Does anyone know if LM is safe to use during pregnancy? If not, are there any other alternatives for me until I'm in the second trimester? I need to cover grays that come in, though they are really not too too bad. Just root area. Thanks!

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#2 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 02:42 PM

I think that you should be ok, since there are no chemicals like ammonia and PPD, right? Here is what hennacat has to say regarding hennaing pregnant women.

treehugger.gif and geek.gif walking a path illuminated by our coolshine.gif5/08coolshine.gif 8/11 3rdtri.gif due in 1/14

brokenheart.gif6/10 brokenheart.gif10/10 

#3 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Henna is fine to use while pregnant, but Light Mountain is actually kind of crappy henna.  There is better stuff out there.  Check out hennaforhair.com.

#4 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl View Post

Henna is fine to use while pregnant, but Light Mountain is actually kind of crappy henna.  There is better stuff out there.  Check out hennaforhair.com.

What makes it crappy henna? (Sorry, I'm just learning about henna and don't know much about it.)  Do you use henna at all? I was hoping you could give me some other suggestions of other brands that are considered better, or less crappysmile.gif

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#5 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 05:26 PM

I do use henna and have for (man!) like twenty years blush.gif.  The nice thing about LM is that the colors are premixed, but the crappy thing is that the henna used is of a pretty inferior quality and is often old.  Because of this you don't get as good of a dye release so the color is not as saturated (or vibrant) nor does it last as long.

What color LM did you use?  If it was the Red it was pure henna, but all the other colors are henna mixed with something (often indigo). 

I started out using Logona henna but its become hard to find, so now I order straight from the website I listed above. 

#6 of 6 Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl View Post

I do use henna and have for (man!) like twenty years blush.gif.  The nice thing about LM is that the colors are premixed, but the crappy thing is that the henna used is of a pretty inferior quality and is often old.  Because of this you don't get as good of a dye release so the color is not as saturated (or vibrant) nor does it last as long.

What color LM did you use?  If it was the Red it was pure henna, but all the other colors are henna mixed with something (often indigo). 

I started out using Logona henna but its become hard to find, so now I order straight from the website I listed above. 

I get dark brown.  It does say there is indigo in it.  I'll have to check out that site. Thanks for posting it!  I'm assuming even henna hair color with indigo is safe as well since it is certainly more organic than say, Clairol, which is what I used to use.  Still debating on if I can actually wait until after the first trimester to color my roots.  We shall see if I can go that long!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page