Due Date Confusion- VERY FRUSTERATED - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-16-2011, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My periods were not regular because I had just gotten off Implanon 1.5 months before pregnancy. I had a period at the end of Feburary (I believe the 23rd was it's start date) and in March near the end I felt like I was about to start one and didn't and took a HPT on the 2nd of April and it was positive. I went to the doctor on the 7th of April and they placed my due date at November 30th due to period and they did a Ultra Sound. I had about 4 more Ultra Sounds before the doctor changed my due date to December 21st!! 3 Week difference! With my due date being so late, I don't see how in the world I had a positive HPT so early??? Was I even pregnant yet LOL?

#2 of 4 Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 PM

One of those online "conception date" calculators suggests that a due date of 12/21 means a conception date between 3/23 and 3/30. If it was closer to 3/23, then April 2 would be what, 9dpo? Definitely possible to get a BFP on 9dpo! Congratulations!

I had no idea I was pg with #1 until, as it turns out, I was already 6-odd weeks pregnant. Guesstimated by last period at the OB's office, and we were all shocked when the ultrasound revealed a fetus 4 weeks further along than we'd expected! He arrived 2 days after his ultrasound due date, btw.

But all this uncertainty should help you insist on some EDD wiggle room at the end, if baby turns out to be "late" and they start fretting...

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

I guess that's what surprises me is that I knew I was pregnant soooo fast when we were not really "trying" for a baby...lol I think it was around the 23rd that I thought my period was about to start and then didn't and that is why I took a test. THANKS! :)

#4 of 4 Old 06-18-2011, 08:38 AM

We conceived on Feb 22, (LMP was FEB 7) and our due date is November 15.  If your period was Feb. 23, your due date would be around November 30th.    But, that doesn't mean that you ovulated 14 days after Feb. 23.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page