Bajingo Babies in Bloom - TTC #1 in our 30's Graduates - Summer 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 237 Old 07-22-2011, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tear - Yay for your healthy, happy baby!  She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I'm sure you are absolutely in love with her.  Looking forward to the birth story and more pics.  Take care of yourself, and enjoy your new baby.  ;)

Birdie - Your "cheese-atarian" made me laugh!  That could so be me sometimes... especially if I'm tired and don't feel like cooking.  Glad your MW said you are right on target! 

Tank - I think that's great you haven't gained any weight, but are still being healthy!  I have a couple of friends that were able to do the same thing.  I think everyone's body type is different, so everyone's weight gain/belly growth will be different, too.  I drive a few of my friends crazy because my belly is relatively small for being in the third trimester - they say it's not fair.  But it's just my body type - at 6'1" with a long torso, that baby has plenty of room to hide (although I can tell the room is running out, since he's getting in the way of things like breathing and eating now). 

Okay, off to clean the house before heading to the beach for the weekend!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#122 of 237 Old 07-24-2011, 05:46 AM

#123 of 237 Old 07-24-2011, 07:06 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant! Still shocked.

Already starting research. What's a good reference for foods, and why they're allowed or disallowed? Someone told me all soft cheeses, then someone else said only the unpasteurized ones. I'd love a list with explanations and risk.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#124 of 237 Old 07-24-2011, 08:30 AM

A huge congratulations to LivingSky and Tear!!! Both of you have deliciously beautiful babies, and I'm so happy for you!!!

I'm still here. Computer time is hard to come by these days!

Alaric is doing great still, though we've had a lot of bumps in the road. Something happened to my milk supply--it dropped in half, and it took a few days for me to figure out why he was hungry constantly...poor kid wasn't getting enough. I'm supplementing with formula now (heartbreaking as it is to do, my poor babe was starving without it) and now I'm pumping all I can to bring my supply back up--it's creeping back up slowly. I'd like to get back off the formula entirely, but he's still getting at least 1/2 and 1/2, and he has started gaining weight again, so we're just trying to roll with the punches and do whatever we have to do to keep him healthy.

As for me, I'm sick. Something gastro-ish, terrible nausea and dizziness and diarrhea and general awfulness combined with insomnia. It's been several days of this and it's just hell. 3 weeks postpartum is a terrible time to get ill--don't do it, ladies! My MIL is here this weekend, thank god, because DH just can't pick up all my slack.  I swore i wouldn't let her clean my house, and there she is mopping my kitchen floor... I think I'm on the uphill side of things now, at least. I must be, or I would be in bed moaning instead of here typing. :)

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#125 of 237 Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 AM

Congrats Rosie!!!!!   So glad you're here!!!!!!!!  Isn't it awesome to finally be able to say it out loud?  :-)

Tank, I imagine I'll have quite the opposite issue.....you're about a foot taller than I am.  Hahaha!  I'm already coming out of my clothes since this baby has no place to hide.  I very much count of going as an Umpaloompa for Halloween.  Variety is the spice of life!  My husband is also short, and when we went for the ultrasound a few weeks ago the baby was measuring 4 days short.  I'm going to laugh heartily at the first medical person to worry about the smallness of our baby.  

AFM still sick, still tired.  Lol.  Last night I slept for 11 hours after taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  Sheesh.  Feel kinda useless around the house, really looking forward to my 2nd trimester.  I've found that homemade strawberry smoothies to sip on after breakfast helps.  Also discovered Preggie Pops, they're good for those in-between times.  Ick ick ick!  Hope it goes away soon!!

A therapist (34) married an engineer (37) 10/10.  Expecting our first around the first of March 2012.   Mother to a 7yo dog2.gif, stepmomma to a 10yo awesome and hilarious girl.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**3rdtri.gif36***40**

#126 of 237 Old 07-24-2011, 01:33 PM

Welcome Rosie!  So glad to have you over here!  Congrats!

hokie I didn't have much sickness but what really helped me keep it way is to have a lot of small snacks throughout the day and never let my stomach get empty.  I totally feel you on the tired part though.  I was SO tired in my first trimester and I have been getting a good portion of my energy back.  I am not as energized as I was prepregnancy but it feels so much better to have some of it back.  Don't worry you will get some back soon.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#127 of 237 Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Rosie - CONGRATS!!!!  joy.gif   So happy for you!  I don't have any good resources for the reasons we shouldn't eat certain food - Dr. Google helped a lot as I sorted it out.  And I asked my doctor at my first appointment, he answered a lot of questions.  I'll get you added to the front page shortly.

Meander - I hope you get to feeling better soon!  Hopefully after you recover, your milk supply will rebound, too.  Enjoy having MIL and DH do stuff for you - that's what new moms are supposed to do (especially ones that are under the weather). 

I heard an interview with Ina May Gaskin on the radio today, for those interested in natural/home birth.  It was really interesting.  You can hear it here:  http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2011-07-25/ina-may-gaskin-birth-matters-midwifes-manifesta

#128 of 237 Old 07-25-2011, 01:34 PM

Rosie!  I'm so glad to read that!  The only smiley that expresses it is joy.gif but I wish there was a bouncy tigger one.  I am fairly certain that it's the lack of pasteurization that makes soft cheese iffy (according to my doctor), but I don't have any general resources about such things.

Meander:  You are absolutely doing the right thing to be supplementing with formula.  The most important thing is that Alaric gets the nutrients he needs, and if you can get your supply back up to give them to him via breastmilk, so much the better, but being flexible to what he needs is what makes you fantastic parents.  Seriously, be proud that you've been willing to make the best decisions for him all along, even when they weren't what you had envisioned or wanted.

Tear:  What a lovely little girl.  She looks so wise and calm, I'm a little bit in awe of her.  I hope you're recovering well!

Livingsky:  Kayden is so big and hearty looking.  He has big hands, even . . . it looks like he's nearly ready to start working on the farm.

Hokie:  I hope that when your exhaustion and sickness passes (soon, hopefully soon), it will stay gone!

AFM:  Busy as can be here in some ways . . . I had my SIL visiting for 9 days, which was fantastic.  She's also one of my very best friends, and it helped me kind of remember who I am independently a bit.  It was really great.  My MIL was here for a bunch of that time and managed to sit still and even play games with us a few times, which is also impressive (she's ALWAYS on the go).  I've been crocheting a baby blanket, and I'm nearly done.  I bought some VERY nice local alpaca yarn when I dropped my SIL off at the airport, and have been scheming about what I'll do with it.  We had an enormous windstorm, winds up to 80 miles an hour, and half of a maple tree fell on our house.  It didn't do any damage, amazingly, but it did make terrible sounds when the wind blew.  So, my husband came home from work to cut it off the roof!  joy.gif  He's been home for a few days now, and has been helping out enormously with all the big tasks that I just couldn't do alone or didn't have energy for - cutting the tree off our roof (we used a climbing rope and I belayed him from the ground for safety), helping me FINALLY get our water hooked up so that it at least works, although it's not fixed . . . today was the first day there was running water in my house since the hailstorm.  And he's gotten to feel the baby give a few good solid kicks now, too.  I'm making him a double-knit toque (warm winter hat) with earflaps - local alpaca on the inside for softness and fluffiness, local wool on the outside for toughness and to help windproof it.

I'm also exhausted and have a hard time standing or walking for more than 20-30 minutes a day, and have had to sit down while making supper more than once, because I feel faint!  That's okay, though, more time to knit and crochet, and when I'm sitting I can feel baby move more (at least 2 and usually 3 dance parties in my abdomen every day), and I'm still managing to get the basics done.  The really basics, like feeding myself and my livestock, walking my dog, and watering my one million tomato plants.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#129 of 237 Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Rosie - What would you like me to add to the front page for you (i.e. how long you were trying)?  What is your due date?  Just let me know and I'll get you added.  :)

Hykue - HI!  Glad to see you were able to get DH home for a few days.  How long can he stay before going back?  Sorry to hear you are so exhausted.  But at least you are getting a lot of knitting/crocheting done... that's something I can't seem to find time to do.  I have all these patterns I want to work on, but I've had the same hat on my knitting needs for two weeks. 

So I was updating the front page, and now I truly am NEXT!  Unbelievable.  I'm 31 weeks today, and DH was pointing out that it could be less than two months before we have our baby.  Guess we really should work on picking out a name and putting together the crib!  So much to do, so little time!  I so need to win the lottery so I can quit work.

#130 of 237 Old 07-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Hi Val! Yes, I'd like to be added. EDD4/2 after 8 months and low morphology numbers. How long can you take off after baby is born? I'm so excited for you!

Hykue - Thanks for the congrats. No water for weeks?!?! How did that work? Did you have to pump water by hand from somewhere? Outhouse? Geez! Glad your hubby could come home and take care of some of the more tedious stuff. I like hearing about your baby's dance parties.

For some reason I can't get a smiley to show up in my sig. Is there a trick?

I'm hungry, really extremely thirsty for water, and always slightly dizzy when I stand up. I'm having light cramps and hip soreness in the evenings and when I wake up. I take it this is all normal...and man, it's fun to think "Huh, I feel this way because my uterus is getting huge and making itself a good home for a BABY!" Nutso. dizzy.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#131 of 237 Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM

#132 of 237 Old 07-27-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Rosie - Got you added!  Check it out and let me know if there's anything you'd like to change about it.  As for the symptoms, even though they can drive you crazy sometimes, it's fun to think of the reason for them - because you're growing a BABY!  So exciting!!!  Be careful with the dizziness - I had two episodes of near fainting earlier in the pregnancy.  Mostly they involved not eating/drinking enough and excessive standing, but it was still scary. 

So I got hit on today.  At seven months pregnant.  Seriously, who hits on a woman sporting a big ol' baby bump?  He said "I didn't even notice that."  Yeah, I'm seven months pregnant, how do you miss that?  Classy. 

#133 of 237 Old 07-27-2011, 02:25 PM

Thanks Val! Getting hit on is flattering in almost any situation! Maybe he especially likes pregnant women? ;)

I started reading up on some food and pregnancy research and got really annoyed. There's contradictor evidence everywhere. For instance, many sites (like Mayo Clinic) suggest not eating liver. However it's a pregnancy superfood and traditional pregnancy food in some cultures. How can this be? Well, the "no liver" recommendations come from a worry about too much vitamin A. Turns out this is based on flawed research...vitamin A toxicity from food-based sources is almost impossible. But the study didn't track synthetic versus food-based...and it became the seminal research. All subsequent attempts to repeat the results found no issues with food-sourced vitamin A. But the "conventional wisdom" hasn't caught up. UGH.

After that, I'm just going to follow what my body says to eat. My midwife agreed, with the caveat that if I start to crave nothing but sugar I should give her a call. smile.gif

Birdie - Let me know how the baby book perusal goes. There are a bunch in our library and I plan on visiting in a couple weeks. We have a girls' name that honors family members, but no clue on boys...we don't like any of the family men's names! Well except Warren, but I'm pretty on the fence about naming after a living relative. 

#134 of 237 Old 07-28-2011, 04:02 AM

Congrats again Rosie! As for food bans it seems to be very culturally based. In France pregnant women are not told to avoid the unpasteurized cheeses that are a part of their culture (I've see at least one study that showed they don't have higher incidences of listeriosis either). In Japan sushi is recommended for pregnant women as it is usually packed with various nutrients. We were in Iceland last week, which I swear is the most fertile country on earth; everyone had tons of little ones and I have never seen so many strollers ever. Anyways is was really clear on day one that if I tried to follow US recommendations then I would starve pretty quickly. Many of there cheeses are unpasteurized as well as their desserts (which are like unpasteurized yogurt). Breakfast every morning was eggs, cucumbers (OK so far) then cheese, smoked meat or fish, and pates. And the national food is not fermented shark, but hot dogs which were everywhere. I tried to limit stuff but just ate things as long as they looked fresh. FWIW we had ultrasound yesterday and the little one was bouncing around and looking good.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#135 of 237 Old 07-28-2011, 04:26 AM

I think of a food is in a society's culture, it's much more likely to be processed and handled properly. The smoked meats problem is only a problem with the meat is prepared improperly, I thought? Didn't the lunch meat ban come from one incident of walmart meat killing baby and/or momma? I sometimes wonder whether it's riskier to descend a narrow flight of stairs or get in a car, but I guess there's always the "why risk it if you don't have to?" argument.

I woke up this morning cramp-free, still very thirsty but not crazy hungry. The thought crossed my mind, "Huh, I don't feel pregnant today." I don't have alarm bells but the thought "maybe this is the start of a loss" did cross my mind. 

Ram I happen to have five new Icelandic neighbors. My neighbor house-swapped with them, and they're coming over for dinner on Friday. I'm so screwed with their name pronuciations, but I'm going to work on it. I'm told they don't eat many vegetables (the country as a whole), but they convinced me they eat anything. So they'll be served ratatouille from my garden veggies and burgers. Think it'll go over well? Why were you in Iceland? Was it interesting/fun?

#136 of 237 Old 07-28-2011, 04:58 AM

Rosie: I think ratatouille would be great. I can say that they seem to be obsessed with bell peppers and cucumbers. Tomatoes, onions, sweet potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower were pretty common too. Hamburgers were everywhere, they actually eat a ton of American food (hamburgers, hot dogs, lots of pizza and the cities have several KFCs and taco bells). They get a lot of their stuff from North America in the grocery stores. They also like the curry which was pretty interesting. Other than lamb, I think if you look up their "traditional" foods they don't eat that stuff too often any more, for a special holiday or grandparents age group. We went to loads of groceries as well as restaurants and never saw shark and only found pickled herring one time.

We went to Iceland to do all the outdoor stuff. We did ice hiking on a glacier, hiked up a bunch of waterfalls, national parks, and some lava fields. We also did some whale and puffin watching. We rented a car and drove around the whole country, it was a great trip. The people we super laid back and everyone speaks English. I think the people in Iceland are the friendliest I've run into anywhere in Europe.

#137 of 237 Old 07-28-2011, 05:21 AM - Thread Starter

Ram - Your trip sounds amazing!  You'll have to share some pics whenever you get a chance. 

Rosie - I agree that pretty much all pregnancy restrictions/suggestions are culturally based, which I learned when my Egyptian MIL was visiting.  I don't remember any specific foods that we discussed, but I do remember she told me to stop taking my prenatal vitamins after the first trimester because the baby will get too big.  Can't say I'd ever heard that before!  Just depends on where you're from.  Oh, and here I know they don't like pregnant women to eat feta cheese, but that is a staple in Egypt.  As for the no-symptoms... as long as you have no spotting with cramps, I'm sure you're fine.  I remember freaking out (almost daily) about how I didn't "feel" pregnant.  I really only started feeling better about it when I could feel the baby move consistently every day.  Even now, I freak out if he doesn't move for a while... I forget that he needs to sleep, too. 

I've been working on my birth plan.  Anyone have any suggestions for what to include?  I've done a "General Labor" section that covers things like no pitocin and intermittent fetal monitoring v. continuous.  Then there's a "Pain Management" section that includes not offering me meds; an "Active Labor" section discussing episiotomies, who's allowed in the room, use of a mirror; and finally an "After Delivery" section about no artificial nipples and umbilical cord cutting.  You new moms out there - other suggestions?  For the pregnant ladies - what do you think you'll include in your plan? 

#138 of 237 Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 AM

Do you have favorite foods and drink? A prep plan of what to bring (sneak?) into the hospital may be helpful? Also what you want to wear. I am kind of curious, do people forget to take pictures? DH and I never take pictures of stuff, we are usually so involved with our cool fun experiences that we neglect the camera, and totally regret it after. Have a picture plan? Can you refuse a heplock?

#139 of 237 Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 PM

#140 of 237 Old 07-29-2011, 06:12 AM

Ram, your trip sounds wonderful! Glaciers, waterfalls, lava fields and hiking in general sound incredible. I've wanted to go alaska whale-watching for a long, long time. But it seems it might actually be cheaper to head over to Iceland! How were prices there for food and lodging? 

I'm trying to get DH to agree to at least a few days away together sometime in January. I'll be off from school, 24-26 weeks, and we won't have another chance until after the baby's born. He's interested in going off West to go skiing, something we usually do every year but (obviously) I can't this year. I'm not sure whether to press the issue of going somewhere together, or letting him go off and do his thing. Hmm. 

#141 of 237 Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Val: For Birth Plans, we're trying to focus on what's really important to us, I'm hoping the less pain in the bum we are the more accommodating they'll be. Our hospital lists their standard procedures online so we can see their views on eating, moving around, tubs, monitoring, baby rooming, etc... That was really good to know what we wouldn't have to really worry about and we had a good previous experience with them not pushing drugs so we're less focused on that. Its really important for me to be able to move around so that's one I focused on. The website for Earth Mama Angel Baby organics has a really extensive birth plan that has lots of good things to think about. 

Rosie:We picked Iceland partly because it was going to cost the same as going to the West Coast for us. The food and hotels are pretty comparable to most places here, cheaper than most of Europe, plus they are on the Krona not the Euro so better exchange. I would vote on you and Dh doing something together. I think it's really nice to get some couple time in before the little bundle of joy turns life upside down. If he really wants to go skiing maybe you could go and hang out around a lodge or something? We'll probably go skiing in Vermont, but I'm planning on hanging out around the lodge. The have snowshoeing trails, indoor pools, the spa, and hot cocoateapot2.GIF. I'd rather be skiing and maybe I'd do Nordic, but I figured he could go skiing with buds for a few hours, meet up for lunch, then more skiing while I do my own thing, then back together for evening.

#142 of 237 Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips on things to consider for the birth plan.  We will be in a hospital - no birthing centers around here, and DH isn't comfortable with the idea of a home birth (and I'm not really either, especially the first time around).  I know they do have birthing tubs in a few of the rooms, so that's an option.  They are all about breastfeeding and rooming-in, so I don't have to worry too much about that.  I don't remember who said it, but I'm trying not to be too big of a pain, so maybe they'll pay attention to what really matters to me (no meds and being able to move around, most importantly).  I did make sure to include no residents or students in the room - we're a teaching hospital, and I just don't want an audience. 

Rosie - I recommend getting away with DH if you can.  My DH and I went to the beach last week.  We could only do a weekend trip, because I have to save my vacation for maternity leave, but it was so nice to be out of town, just the two of us, away from reality.  And I know trips in the future will be more difficult with a little one, so it was good to have an easy trip, just get up and go.  So if you both have the time, I say go for it, even if it is just a weekend or half a week, or whatever you can swing. 

#143 of 237 Old 07-31-2011, 05:19 AM

#144 of 237 Old 07-31-2011, 06:25 AM

thats funny birdie I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I had the baby and slept through it and didn't remember the birth and had to ask my DP if I had a natural delivery or not.  I did but when I woke up there were nurses feeding my baby formula and I was so pissed!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#145 of 237 Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 PM

#146 of 237 Old 08-01-2011, 04:02 PM

I'd imagine it does happen.  Especially if you get an epidural.  My cousin actually had a sceduled c section with her last baby and had GD.  She didn't wake up from the CS for a week!  It was scarry.  Not that that happens often either!  I can't imagine not knowing my baby for the 1st week of his life.  Luckily she isn't big on breastfeeding anyway or that would have been even more of a nightmare. 

#147 of 237 Old 08-02-2011, 10:25 AM

Hiya again, ladies!

My water was still running outside, just not inside the house, so I could carry it in in buckets or jugs.  That's when you realize just how much water it takes to flush a toilet, I'll tell you!  And DH was home for about 6 days, so long enough for a really good visit but not so long that we lost a ridiculous amount of our income.  A lot, but not a ridiculous amount.  And it was totally worth it for both of our mental health.  Oh, and whoever asked (Birdie, I think), the hat is for my husband.  I already made a baby hat, but not from wool or alpaca.  I might make an alpaca one, it's so soft.

Ram - Iceland sounds FANTASTIC!  DH and I have talked about going there before . . . maybe we will someday.  Maybe that will be kid's first bike trip, we'll see.  And they have the best sheep ever.

Rosie - Personally, I would press for a trip together.  I might be biased by spending so much time apart from my DH, though.  He'll arguably be able to go skiing without you and baby in the future, but you won't likely be able to go and do much stuff with just the two of you, right? 

Val - I'm trying to start thinking about my birth plan now, but haven't gotten too far along in it.  I guess I really need to figure out what's standard here before I can do that.

AFM:  One of my goats died a couple of days ago.  The oldest one, and she wasn't well, so it wasn't a huge surprise, but still a little bit upsetting.  Also, hard to deal with physically.  I'm glad it wasn't a horse or cow, I don't know what a person does when an animal that large dies in the barn.  Anyway, at least her kids are old and strong enough that they didn't need her milk anymore, and there is still an adult leader goat.  I'll miss her, though, goats have such individual personalities.

In happier news, I got my sheep sheared today.  They look so much smaller!  And I'm really glad I didn't try to shear them myself, it looked really hard to do well.  The friendliest sheep was easiest to do, the most skittish was second-easiest, and the pretty friendly one was kicky and squirmy and hellbent.  I have someone who wants to buy the fleeces, and she'll spin them, and then she might sell me back some of the yarn.  That would make me happy.  There's a black with dark brown tips, a grey-black, and a brown with tan tips fleece.

Also, my husband helped me dig the chokecherries that we picked two years ago out of the deep freeze, and I'm going to start a few batches of chokecherry wine.  It was a bumper crop year that year, so far I've got 40 pounds of berries juiced or juicing, and I'm refreezing the juice in smaller batches.  I'm no wine connoisseur, but people seem to like our chokecherry wine, so it makes a good gift.

And my greenhouse tomato plants are THIS big!  They're huge and happy.  I'm getting a few ripe cherry tomatoes so far, which is pretty early for here, and I have a bunch of green tomatoes coming along.  Yay!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#148 of 237 Old 08-05-2011, 07:28 AM

RIP HykueFarm goat. 

Yay for big tomatoes and a happy greenhouse! I couldn't resist my tomatoes and plucked a few green ones for pickling this summer. YUMYUM. Thanks for the update Hykue! Although you talk about the farm a lot, never about the pregnancy? How's that going? You must be pretty able given the activities you've got going on.

I think DH has silently given up on the idea of skiing out west with his friends without me, and instead going somewhere with me in January. We'd love to go to a sandy, warm, snorkling-filled beach but I'm not so sure about that yet. There are really good deals on groupon and other sites for getaways on St. Lucia and Costa Rica. There's also a really nice B&B near New Orleans; it'll be around 40-60 degrees. We're also interest in Austin, just because we've never been and have always wanted to go. Any thoughts?

Tank - Your cousin's experience sounds horrifying. I can't imagine what my DH would do in that situation. New baby and coma momma. Terror. Glad it sounds like she's okay?

This weeks symptoms are vivid dreams (craziness) and still THIRSTY. Thinking about switching to cheaper TP I pee so much. Oh and I've made a really nice discovery about extra bloodflow to the nether regions. I haven't been feeling amorous but also not opposed, glad that's over. 

I'm looking forward to welcoming Jessimaca, whenever she ventures over here. 

#149 of 237 Old 08-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Oh yah my cousin is fine now and so is my nephew.  It was her last kid anyway but I have a feeling if that happened to me I would be scared to have anymore kids! 

Guys I never thought I would say this because I love my job and I love working hard but I am so ready to take time off of work.  I get so tired at work and my feet have started to hurt really bad during the day even when I take breaks.  I actually never made myself take breaks up until recently.  When I get home my ancles are always swollen and my feet hurt so bad I don't want to do anything.  I can't believe this is starting so early.  I hope it will pass and not get worse.  This week has felt really horrid on my body.

My baby's movement is starting to feel different.  It is pretty cool.  I can now feel him push up into the side of my belly.  He keeps putting his bum ( I think) up towards my ribs and it is making it really hard to bend over because it gets really hard there.  I love it.  Now I can make my DP bend over to pick up everything mwahaha.

#150 of 237 Old 08-06-2011, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

So I had my first "giving birth" dream that I remember last night.  It was kind of strange - I remember I was either 32w5d, or 35w2d.  The childbirth was very easy (ha - that's how I could tell it's a dream), and I remember the baby coming out and weighing like five pounds, but then I don't remember anything else.  I don't remember DH cutting the umbilical cord, and actually had to ask him afterwards if he did it.  Next thing I know, I was at my parents house, but it was like later the same day.  I hadn't been doing the normal post-birth bleeding, so all of a sudden I did, but I didn't have any pads or anything, so I stood over the laundry basket.  So weird.  

Hykue - Yay for the HUGE tomatoes!  I love a good tomato sandwich, but only with homegrown tomatoes.  Store tomatoes suck.  Sorry to hear about your goat.  

Rosie - I vote for somewhere warm and sandy for your vacation!  I LOVE New Orleans, but I think it would be more fun in the warmer weather.  We were there last September for our annual anniversary trip (that we may never get to take again if this LO shows up at his expected time - our wedding anniversary), and it was fantastic.  I want to go back again already!  

Tank - I hope you start feeling better about work!  I imagine it is difficult having to be on your feet a lot.  Take as many breaks as you can, and put your feet up when you get home.  

I've been having a lot more BH contraction recently... especially last night for some reason.  That's been interesting, especially since it makes my desire to pee even worse because it feels like it's clamping down on my bladder.  I can't even count the number of times I was up last night to use the bathroom.  I agree with whoever suggested the cheaper toilet paper - it's getting a bit ridiculous!  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page