Boobs went from A to D??? Is this normal??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I am only 14.5 weeks pregnant and my boobs have already gone from a larger A (some B bra's fit) to a smaller D ( 1 C bra' fits) is this normal that this early in my pregnancy they have already grown this much or is something possible wrong? I hear that once the baby is born that they will grow more let alone the rest of my pregnancy?!?! Daddy LOVES it but me, it is hard to go to bed at night because any side I lay on squeezes them together and they hurt, I want my bra off all day and when I get it off, they are almost 'heavy' and hurt, it is very frustrating, is this normal?

#2 of 9 Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 PM

I went up three cup sizes or so during this pregnancy as well. (31 weeks now.) (DD to a F/G)

Two of those were early on. 

-Skye treehugger.gif   http://betweenthebranches.blogspot.com

Mama to Liam (08/29/11)

homebirth.jpg nak.gif femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif  cd.gif

#3 of 9 Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 PM

I went up a lot of cup sizes during pregnancy.  Not sure exactly how many as pre-pregnancy I wore a DD cup, which was most likely wrong as I never got fitted previously before.  At the beginning of the second trimester I didn't fit in any of my bras and finally got professionally fitted and was a G cup.  By the end of pregnancy I was in a K cup.  So yes, your breasts can grow a lot!

I'd definitely encourage you to get fitted - and not at Victoria Secret or anything, but a real bra shop.  If your bra is uncomfortable it most likely means you are wearing the wrong size.  Once you know your size and have one bra that fits you can get more online for less.  I like Breakout Bras: http://www.breakoutbras.com/

#4 of 9 Old 06-27-2011, 10:27 PM

My breasts got HUGE during pregnancy (several sizes up)....18 months after giving birth and they are still significantly bigger than they were pre-pregnancy (which surprised me for some reason...I guess I thought they'd go back to 'normal' size).

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#5 of 9 Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 PM

Sounds pretty normal - have you tried sleeping in a nursing sleep bra for a little support/confinement?  It helped me with that sense of heaviness and tenderness.

I too grew large breasts during pregnancy; I went from a comfortable C to a EE by 30ish weeks, then ultimately to a J when my milk volume increased about a week after ds was born, now, at 14months (still BFing), I'm back to a D or DD depending on the bra and the day.

#6 of 9 Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Yeah, sounds pretty normal, and you can expect to get even BIGGER!  Definitely find yourself a sleep bra.  It really does help with the discomfort and heaviness at night.  A supportive maternity tank was also helpful for reigning things in during the day (on top of a well-fitting bra).  Underwire gets really uncomfortable, so I would recommend looking for a no-wire bra sometime soon.

#7 of 9 Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Yep, I second the sleep bra and start looking for a no-wire bra also.  I went from B to D by 15 weeks, DD by the time I delivered and until I weaned...now I am an A.  eyesroll.gif

#8 of 9 Old 06-28-2011, 07:22 PM

Oh yes, I definitely preferred soft cup bras during pregnancy - HotMilk ones are very cute if that's what you're looking for!  And for a sleep/around the house bra I really liked Bravado - it fits kind of like a sports bra, but with separation, and it's very flexible.  It was the only bra that fit me through my pregnancy, during engorgement, and even now.

#9 of 9 Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all for helping! I went shopping and got some no wire bra's for the first time ever and they feel much better, as-well as a few shirts/bra type thingys :) Sleeping is still a little odd but that maybe something that I will have to adjust to with my growing breasts. As much as I kinda like these new boob's I am kinda crossing my fingers they shrink back down to at least a C after breast feeding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page