July 2011 Whatever Ladies Graduates - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

JJ: the staff order stuff in all the time, so I am sure patients can. I think in my hospital thing they gave us once we got to the recovery room, they had a list of nearby restaurants and delivery places.

Carrie, I need to take a new bump picture! I love seeing all the bumps!

MW: can you put a pic of Dylan on here (or have you?) I don't know that everyone is on FB. love seeing pictures of his squishy-ness!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#362 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

I don't remember what I ate for my first post labor meal. Something my mom made. Hmm...it was probably just scrambled eggs and maybe a bagel with cream cheese. D was born at 3:30 in the morning so we all crashed pretty soon after that so breakfast would have been the next meal. I still haven't gotten my sushi. I'm waiting until I can go out and get it because my mom knows nothing about sushi and I don't want to risk what she might bring home. lol.gif

I did eat a couple of protein/energy bars while in labor, Luna or Clif or some other organic one. I picked up an assortment the last time I went grocery shopping before baby came and tossed them in my birth kit box. My midwife was big on me having protein to eat while in labor, especially since I get nauseous. It can help with the nausea, I guess, and keeps my protein levels up if I do lose part of what I ate.

JJ ~ I think that's why a lot of people don't share name options at least until they've decided for sure or not until baby is born and named. I must live in some sort of bubble because I never got any harshly negative reactions from anyone I shared a name choice with, whether family, friend or acquaintance. Well, except for Ryan and the whole Aston = ass thing but even that wasn't what I would call harsh. Maybe I'm just not all that sensitive to that sort of thing. I didn't get bothered by people asking me about my pregnancy or when baby was coming as I got toward the end. None of that bothered me but I didn't have family calling or texting me all the time to check, either. shrug.gif

My neighbors next door were funny, though. Every time I called them they'd answer the phone in an urgent voice and the firs thing they'd do was ask if I was ok. Pretty funny considering I'd call them just about every day to see if their son could play with Ethan so it was like it was strange for me to be calling. And, now that I've had the baby I haven't heard one word or seen them at all except for the one time they came to see him.

Carrie ~ What about squats? hehe

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#363 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Booked my fun ultrasound today! I'll be 25 and a half weeks, which is a bit earlier than I planned on doing it, but part of the gift certificate I have, expires at the end of the month. Besides, it'll still be cool pictures! We also get a dvd and everything to bring home. 

DH told me that he had a bad dream last night, and rolled over to wake me up, then put his hand on my belly and the baby was kicking like it was trying to go somewhere. It's funny how I don't notice it at all when I'm sleeping, but that's probably why I wake up sore every morning. 

Oh, and scrambled eggs and bagels with cream cheese sounds wonderful actually! And a big glass of orange juice. mmmm. 

I've started mentally making a list of freezer foods I want to prepare beforehand. I'm a horrible cook, so any help I can get is good- and that's even without a new baby. So far I want to make banana bread and muffins (or maybe oatmeal muffins), a few loaves of bread (DH's job), lasagnas, meatballs, meatloafs... as well as some pre-sorted slow cooker bags that I can just pop in the cooker in the morning. Things like stews, chicken breasts with seasoning, etc. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#364 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

MW: can you put a pic of Dylan on here (or have you?) I don't know that everyone is on FB. love seeing pictures of his squishy-ness!

I think I did share a pic on here but I sure don't mind sharing another. smile.gif

The day he was born[

3 days later with Ryan

Me trying to be artistic.

JJ ~ If you can't get it delivered, someone can always pick it up and bring it to you.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#365 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Ok I'm totally cheating b/c I can't wait another day to get my pictures.  LOL.  I took pictures on my cell phone off the website, I'm THAT bored.  These were taken at like 37 weeks and change.  EEEEEK love 'em!

2011-08-04152158-2.jpg?t=1312486486

2011-08-04152322-1.jpg?t=1312486595

2011-08-04153740-1.jpg?t=1312486901

Just a few!  I'll share the rest when I get them!!  LOL!

MW - LOVE the pics again, I know I commented and liked on FB but I still love seeing Dylan with his big brothers! <3

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#366 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

those are beautiful, carrie!

#367 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Here's a pic from today. Dylan in his Amby bed. The first baby who actually sleeps in it.

and here he is in a pair of shorts i knit for him. they fit like pants now.

#368 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Thanks, Alysia! I'm happy that I got a few I like.  I was so on the fence about doing them b/c I thought they'd all look like crap.  But I got at least a handful of good ones!!  LOL!

OMG Dylan in that Amby bed is soooo cute!!!  I love it!  I love all his pics!! <3 <3 

Ugh, I still haven't ordered the cosleeper feet.  I should really get on that.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#369 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't think my maternity photos would come out good, either. I always think I look horrible in photos. I just take really bad ones. I think I look even worse when I'm late pg because I get so swollen and puffy. The maternity photos were the first ones I've gotten of myself when I actually thought I looked good. OMG! I just realized I haven't picked up the ones I had redone to send to Sean. Shoot!

#370 of 373 Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 PM

Ooooh I love the photos. It's a toss up between what makes me squeee more- great maternity photos, or great newborn photos. 

My OCD finally got a bit the better of me and after a nap tonight I pulled out my box of boy/unisex clothing. Going through just the top of it, so mainly the stuff I got from my SIL in the past few weeks, ignoring anything I've bought before that... I already have 15 newborn sized sleepers, and three preemie sized ones. There's a couple in there that are too boyish if baby is a girl, but there's tons more girl stuff to throw in if it's a girl, so it evens out. I keep second guessing how much of each size/type is enough, but even I can feel pretty good about 15 sleepers in one size. lol. I know for the three month size I have about 6-7 just from the matching sleepers to the pj's I own, so probably close to 15 for that size as well. That's not counting any of the onesies, tops/pants sets, etc. And then as I said... when you add in the pink and purple, there's oodles more. My SIL has been handing sleepers/onesies over a few at a time to DH as her son outgrows them, so it's funny having a steady stream of clothing coming in. 

Yay for free clothing! And lots of it!  Granted, I did pay for some of it, but I think last time I checked (at one point I was tracking the difference between what I paid and what the item was worth), I was under $250 spent (including things like blankets, and washclothes, and socks, etc), and I pretty much have entire wardrobes for girl up to age 3, and boy up to age 1 now. When I realize some people pay like $30 for a sleeper... lol, I'm ok with that!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#371 of 373 Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 AM

Love the pics!

Carrie, esp the one with you wrapped in tulle - is that something you brought with you, or did they have it onsite?

My first post-labor meal was breakfast that I ordered up from the hospital cafe. Not good. All my other meals, I had brought in :) I think I will do that for this baby. Don't even bother with hospital food!

JJ: 25 weeks should get you some good pictures! looking forward to seeing them!

I scheduled my maternity session - I will be 36/37 weeks then (End of August) for a day off during the week. I finally feel like I have less of an indent where my waist was, so should be nice and round-ish for pictures.

I take it Shannon is still hanging in there? I know Carrie hasn't walked Finn out yet, but not for lack of trying!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#372 of 373 Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

jj ~ i'd call that some serious hoarding ocd. lol.gif 15 nb sleepers?! i think i have maybe 9 gowns and that is it. do you have any gowns? i find them so much easier to deal with than with legs and a bunch of snaps, especially in the middle of the night.

ava is doing well. she's eating a lot and got her iv and ng tube (not sure what that is) out. all of that gets her closer to going home.

i'm going to start a new thread for august.

#373 of 373 Old 08-05-2011, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

New thread for August: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1324485/august-2011-whatever-ladies-graduates#post_16590028

Tags
Maternity Vitamins Nutrition , Motherhood Maternity , Expressiva Nursingwear Budget Softcup Maternity Nursing Bra , Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page