July 2011 Whatever Ladies Graduates - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Where my girls at!?  LOL!  shrug.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

I'm here. Just not feeling very well today. I took an abx pill this morning and passed out again. I don't think I'm going to take it anymore whether the nurse at the doc's office calls me back or not. I'm trying to get myself to do some more knitting but I don't feel up to it. All I want to do is lay on the couch.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#123 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 01:04 PM

I am here; not enjoying all this heat though!

MW: feel better!  I don't like taking ABX.

Carrie, hope both of you feel better! I think the sticky kind of pink eye might be bacterial.  I used to put breastmilk in Gabe's eyes when they were gunky and it seemed to help.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#124 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 02:14 PM

I'm here...struggling to make it through this work day. I've got a serious countdown going...only need to make it through 3 more work days now! Wouldn't mind if I went in to labor before next Wednesday. I just want an excuse to lay in my bed and a brand-new nursling seems like the perfect excuse! Remind me of that in about a week or so when I'm complaining about being bored in bed!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#125 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 PM

So, I tried expressing colostrum and even though I can get drops out it's nowhere near the amount I'd need to put in her eyes.  So, there goes that plan.

I'm WIPED.  I made the mistake of texting my best friend about it and she was of no help.  I think she may have made me more mad.  Chris is gone, my house WAS a disaster (I had to tidy up, it was driving me bananas), this cough I have is horrendous and I have no cough medicine.  Nora's being a bit of a handful b/c she's sick, but I have no energy to fight with her, and it's not her fault.  Dinner tonight was mac & cheese and cereal.  My body is just done feeling like this and thinking I have a month left of being trapped in it makes me want to cry.  In fact, I did cry for a little bit, but felt no better so I stopped.  I told my friend that all I wanted to do was shut my eyes and have this day be overwith.  Her reply was, "So do it! :-)"  I wanted to scream.  She only has a 3 month old and is never alone with her child.  She has tons of help and people to watch her baby whenever she wants a break.  It's just insensitive.  But that's how she is, I suppose.  I can't wait for her to have a toddler, srsly. irked.gif

I got the abx drops for Nora's eyes but I'm uncertain if I'm going to just wait and see or fill it and be done with it.  When I'm this tired I have trouble sticking to my guns about things.

I also got a copy of the vaxes we've completed so far and started looking at the AAP "catch up" schedule and I'm just horrified with how many vaccines are on this thing.  It's another headache!  And I'm about to embark on this journey again with another child!!  I'm starting to think I'm nuts.

I think we've all had a rough day.  grouphug.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#126 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Honey can help with a cough, if you have any. You have to take it more often than cough meds but it's something.

I'm so bored. I feel awful. Heartburn is killing me. I feel like I have a hot coal sitting in my throat. It won't go down and it won't come up. I'm too tired and in pain to do anything so I'm just sitting on the couch. My house is a complete wreck but I just can't deal with it right now. I want to sleep but the boys are playing outside so I can't. Every time I try to knit my fingers go numb. I sure hope that's either from being pg and swelling or because I'm using tiny needles and very thin yarn and not something that's going to become a permanent problem. Is that enough of a whine?

I decided today that I am totally done being pg. I have never felt like this before. I'm with you, Carrie. I just want to cry when I think about it.

The doc finally called in another abx for me, Z-Pac, which is erythromyocin. I haven't gone to pick it up yet. I think I'll pick it up tomorrow jic but I'm not going to take it right away. I'm sick of taking pills.

Does anyone know if I can use the probiotic capsules I got to make yogurt? I've got a crock pot so maybe I'll try it just to try it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#127 of 373 Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

OMG, y'all! Ryan just called me and asked if he could take one of the beds when he moves out. I guess he might be moving in with a friend. I wonder if it will really happen.

On another note, the kid next door is over here. The boys are eating chips and salsa. He had the nerve to tell my ds3 that he couldn't have any our salsa because he said he didn't like it. Then he was just fussing at ds2 for eating all the salsa. Um, this from the boy who purposely took a bite out of a donut at his house so no one else could eat it after his mother said she'd go out right then and buy him more. I'm having a hard time not getting angry at him.

#128 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 06:33 AM

MW: UGH at that kid! send him home! You are not well and really not up for company, and he isn't the sort that will help keep your kids out of your hair so you can rest.

Erythromycin makes me sick to my stomach. I really, really, can't do it. I hope you do ok with it. I have no idea how to make yogurt in the crock pot, but I do know it can be done! here is a link, with pictures! http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html

Carrie, hot lemon tea with honey is what I do for sore throat/coughs when sick. Did the doc say whether the pink eye was bacterial or viral? If Bacterial, I'd do the drops. If viral, why bother? Out of just plain curiousity, do you plan on doing the full load of vaxes but on a delayed schedule? or the minimum on a delayed schedule? I think it may be easier to be all or nothing (we are nothing in this case) because in the event we don't homeschool, or at least put DS in preschool, I just need an exemption form.

I myself was vaxed on a delayed schedule, but not really on purpose; between moving and maybe my mom was just lazy about it, I didn't really get caught up until I was going to school, and then there weren't as many vaxes as there are now. I think technically I am due for a Rubella booster, but I keep refusing it (it is always offered after I have a baby, as they do a titer during the first prenatal visit, and evidently I don't have antibodies for that anymore, if I ever did).

I understand you two being done - it's near the end, it's too stinking hot, and you aren't fully well. Will hope these babies don't delay too long!

Annie, sending some labor vibes your way! hoping baby will turn before or during labor before your scheduled date.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#129 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

OMG, y'all! Ryan just called me and asked if he could take one of the beds when he moves out. I guess he might be moving in with a friend. I wonder if it will really happen.

On another note, the kid next door is over here. The boys are eating chips and salsa. He had the nerve to tell my ds3 that he couldn't have any our salsa because he said he didn't like it. Then he was just fussing at ds2 for eating all the salsa. Um, this from the boy who purposely took a bite out of a donut at his house so no one else could eat it after his mother said she'd go out right then and buy him more. I'm having a hard time not getting angry at him.

Woo hoo on the possibly maybe sorta moving out!!  

That kid is so annoying!! OMG.  I just wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut.  He's the same age as Ethan?  I would talk to him (since he's in MY house) the same way I would talk to my child.  I would say, "Listen, I hear everything you're saying in here and it makes no sense.  Share the salsa.  If you don't like it, don't complain that so-and-so ate it all.  If you can't share, I'll take it away and none of you will have any."

ARGH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Carrie, hot lemon tea with honey is what I do for sore throat/coughs when sick. Did the doc say whether the pink eye was bacterial or viral? If Bacterial, I'd do the drops. If viral, why bother? Out of just plain curiousity, do you plan on doing the full load of vaxes but on a delayed schedule? or the minimum on a delayed schedule? I think it may be easier to be all or nothing (we are nothing in this case) because in the event we don't homeschool, or at least put DS in preschool, I just need an exemption form.

I myself was vaxed on a delayed schedule, but not really on purpose; between moving and maybe my mom was just lazy about it, I didn't really get caught up until I was going to school, and then there weren't as many vaxes as there are now. I think technically I am due for a Rubella booster, but I keep refusing it (it is always offered after I have a baby, as they do a titer during the first prenatal visit, and evidently I don't have antibodies for that anymore, if I ever did).

The doctor "couldn't tell".  How stupid is that?  It's incredibly frustrating b/c really the only reason I took her was b/c I couldn't tell, but figured it's viral.  There's conflicting info all over the internet.  Some say if it's in both eyes its viral.  Some say if the pus is present it's bacterial.  So, she's got pus in both eyes, and they're puffy, but not really that red.  I have no clue!  And I'm SO FRICKING SICK I'm over it.  I just have no fire in my pants to wait this out.  I'm tired of her wiping the eye boogers all over the place.  And granted, if it's viral and I do the drops they aren't going to be effective anyway and she'll still be wiping eye boogers on her clothes, but I feel like I'm stuck.

Were doing the full load but incredibly delayed and selectively.  No plans to homeschool -- and you're right all or nothing is SO much easier.  I figure when she starts school (she'll basically be 6 b/c she misses the cutoff by one day) she'll be mostly caught up.  We don't want to do flu shots so we'll cross that bridge when it comes, and I've had a few teacher friends tell me the flu shot is easy to say you're not doing for school.  

I do have some actual research to do.  I know if you wait for a few of them you don't need as many in the series and that's what I'd prefer.  So far in her short little life, she's only been fully vaxed for Dtap, IPV, Prevnar, and HIB.  No Heps yet, and for PCV it seems she just needs one at this point b/c of her age.  Sigh.  So much to think about!  I could never just blindly make these decisions.  Irritates me when people don't research or weigh and just let their babies get the full load all at once.  But that's a different thread!  LOL!

So, AFM  - I was up all night with a fever, chills, body aches, coughing.  UGH.  AND I had taken Benadryl so I thought I would just pass out!  It didn't really help.  I was pretty mad.  Nora did ok, she's in bed with me b/c she's sick and DH is away in Boston.  She was restless and I had to comfort her a few times, but she was really not the problem.  It was me.  I feel/felt like absolute death.  The body aches are the WORST.  And my hips hurt, I just cant get comfortable.  And somehow today I have to get to Walgreens to get her abx and orange juice and some tussin for me.  I texted my MIL but she's all tied up today, and I don't really feel like asking her to run and get those little things.  I hope I don't need the prescription card b/c I have no idea where it is.

I really, honestly, truly give up.  I've been doing SO MUCH to stay healthy and be strong and active for this baby, but man.  I need a freaking break.  surrender.gif

#130 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

I woke up this morning thinking that I need to get more positive about things. It's hard with the way I've been feeling lately. I wish I had someone here who could take care of me or the house or the kids at least some of the time. I'm sure that would make things easier. Only about a week and a half until my mom comes. I'm now wishing she could come earlier but she told me she only has 3 weeks of leave rather than 4 like she originally said. I'm thinking I'll need her help more after baby is born.

Vaxes in NC are pretty much all or nothing as far as I know. You can probably follow a delayed schedule to some extent, if by no other means than just claiming that you couldn't get this or that one done on time for some reason. The ped I went to a few times seemed unvax friendly at first but they changed their office policy to an all or nothing rule. I might go to them again for this baby if I need to and just see how they react. I wonder how necessary it is to set things up with a doc ahead of time. I mean, they see new patients all the time without prior arrangements. I really need to call TC and find out how Prime works in the first few months.

I wish I didn't have to put up with this kid but my ds really wants to play with him and I'm not comfortable with him being over at their house too much. I tried to encourage my ds to find some other kids to play with but no one else is around. Plus, it was way too hot to play outside for long yesterday. If I don't let ds play with this kid (whom he really wants to play with as they are supposed to be best friends), he won't have anyone other than his little bro to play with and he gets bothered by his little bro a lot.

Katrina ~ Thanks for the link. I was going to google some instructions today.

#131 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 07:36 AM

I guess I just have to wonder WHY your DS likes to play with him so much? the kid does not seem like he's fun to be around.

Carrie - re: prescription card; some places do certain ABX for free or almost free. If you have filled scripts there before, they may have it on file. (I haven't filled any scripts since DS was born, so I really don't know if mine still is or not!)

As for the pink eye - I think if it is goopy it is likely bacterial (just going on my own history) and while I usually had one eye worse than the other, if she is touching both eyes, I see no reason to think why it couldn't be in both. I almost always had it in both, just one was worse than the other.

#132 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 08:13 AM

Hugs Baby_Cakes! Hope you start feeling better soon!

MW, I agree w/Baby_Cakes...I would just start talking to that child like I would my own when he is at your house. There's no call for rudeness, especially if you all are being nice and sharing your food. Also, I'd probably have a frank conversation with your DS and explain that right now, you don't feel well and you need to take a break from having his friend over. Explain that since they have very different rules over there, i.e. T video games and caffeinated sodas too late, you aren't comfortable with him spending a lot of time over there. Ask him if there are some special things that he would like to do instead for these last couple of weeks until the baby comes. Honestly if it were me, once the baby is here, I would seriously start limiting the interactions with that child.

akind1, thanks for the labor vibes! I told the baby this morning that I'm totally ok with her coming before next Wednesday...I'm so tired of going to work!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#133 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I hope you feel better soon. It really sucks to have to run to the store for meds when you are feeling so bad. I can't contribute to the pinkeye dilemma. I don't know anything about it.

Hehe, Annie. Hopefully, Ava will come soon.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ryan moving out. I am glad that he's moving on to this next stage in his life. It will be nice to get his room cleaned up and have it stay clean. But I'm sure I will miss him once he's gone.

The kid is 4 months older than my ds. I don't know why my ds likes him so much, either. I ask him periodically and we talk about how I think friends should treat each other but ds just says he likes the boy. shrug.gif

I do talk to the kid about his behavior when he's at my house and I send him home if he behaves badly. His reaction is weird to me, though. He drops his head and pouts and I get the feeling he's not really listening. He's just waiting for me to stop so he can continue on. I think he is very afraid of getting into trouble, although I'm not sure what that means at his house because I've never seen or heard his mother to anything about his behavior. His dad comes off as very harsh but I've never seen or heard him actually do anything, either. I think I almost made him cry yesterday because I had some words with him about bossing ds3 around. I guess maybe that's kind of normal for a kid who's being admonished by someone other than his family but it made me feel bad. I don't want to scare the kid. I did tell him to share the salsa or he wouldn't get any more. He hovers over food and will eat most of ours if I don't say something to him. I have had to tell him more than once to let my boys eat first so I can make sure they get enough. Otherwise, he will wolf down the majority of it.

I have talked to my ds about doing other things but he always wants to go out somewhere or spend money, neither of which I can do right now. That's one reason I'm looking forward to my mother coming. She'll be able to take them places if I don't feel up to it. It would be a lot easier to keep the boys apart if we didn't live right next door to each other. My ds is a bear when I tell him he can't play with his friend. He makes everyone else in the house miserable. Then when 7yo ds does go out to play with his friend(s), ds3 has a fit because he's not old enough to go everywhere they go. He's not content to play with me in the backyard or ride his bike in the front. He wants to go with the big kids. It seems like someone is always fussing or crying about playing.

#134 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 01:07 PM

It does make you wonder what happens at his house though. Is he an only kid? The way he acts around food makes me think that some way or another he feels he has to get his share, else he won't get any, which would be common for a younger sibling (Ever watch the original Yours, Mine and Ours with Lucille Ball? there is that scene at breakfast where the youngest school age boy gets stuck making an oatmal sandwich for breakfast - too funny!)

It's hard though, because kids that age can be hard to talk to, especially if they are not yours - they have built up a hard shell by that point and can be so defensive.

It is sort of emotional watching one child being ready to move on while preparing to welcome another into the home, isn't it? (at least, I'd think so if I were in that position)

Carrie, I am bummed you had to go to 2 places to get your OJ! I am a pulp free kind of person. but I understand that you want what you want when you want it. feel better!

#135 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

It does make you wonder what happens at his house though. Is he an only kid? The way he acts around food makes me think that some way or another he feels he has to get his share, else he won't get any

He has an older sister but she's 18 and I doubt she eats all the food so he can't get any. If anything, she needs to eat more. She's so skinny. His mother is cooking all the time and always has food for them. I've seen the plates she serves him. There's more food on them than I could eat. I don't really know what goes on with him and food. He just doesn't seem to know when to stop, like he never gets full. Maybe the problem is that he was forced to clean his plate and given too much food from the beginning so now he doesn't know how to pay attention to his body's signals of fullness? shrug.gif

She had a problem when he first started school because the kids have accounts at the lunchroom now instead of having to take money every day. Parents are supposed to give a check to the lunch people every month to cover the cost of food but if kids run out, they can charge stuff and the parents get a bill at the end of the month. The mother would give the school a check to cover lunch every day for a month but the boy would buy extra desserts and stuff and she kept getting outrageous bills. She finally had to tell the lunch people not to allow him to buy any extras or charge anything if his account was empty.

I've had to limit what my kids eat when he's here because I can't afford to feed him as much as he eats. I've told him more than once that he can go home to get a snack if he's hungry. I feel bad saying that but the 3 of them will go through an entire carton of yogurts or juice boxes or bag of chips or box of crackers in one day if I don't. Then my kids don't have enough to eat the last few days of the week.

I finally talked to the lady who does the placenta encapsulation today. She does capsules, a tincture that will last a lifetime if stored properly and a placenta print. The tincture sounds very cool to me because I can use that forever whenever I start to have depressive symptoms. Hopefully, that will mean I won't ever need to take antidepressants again.

I'm not sure what's going on with Ryan. He hasn't been home for a couple of days. He called yesterday asking about the bed but I haven't heard from him since. I think he's been staying with the friend he's planning to move in with. IDK if that means he's already sort of moved in or what.

#136 of 373 Old 07-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

akind1, thanks for the labor vibes! I told the baby this morning that I'm totally ok with her coming before next Wednesday...I'm so tired of going to work!

I'm sending them too, I feel so badly that you're still working!!  OMG, mama.  You are so strong!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I finally talked to the lady who does the placenta encapsulation today. She does capsules, a tincture that will last a lifetime if stored properly and a placenta print. The tincture sounds very cool to me because I can use that forever whenever I start to have depressive symptoms. Hopefully, that will mean I won't ever need to take antidepressants again.

You just reminded me that I forgot to mail my placenta lady the contract and deposit!  

#137 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 06:11 AM

MW: that is a tough situation. I know boys are known for having bottomless pit stomachs and hollow legs, but that takes the cake! Can you ask his mom to contribute to the snacks at your house?

Annie, I will likely be working until the very end, but at least I can work from home some! hope you don't have too much more left! Is next Weds the scheduled day?

I have a friend having a scheduled RCS this morning. I am curious to know how big her baby is, docs are predicting a big one, but they said her daughter would be 12 lbs and she was only 8 14 - still a good size, but not 12 lbs!I don't think this one is more than 9. She doesn't have GD, just seems to cook big babies.

DS had a rough night; he fell out of the toddler bed (guess I should get him a rail. He doesn't ever fall out of our bed) and then was inconsolable for about 30 -45 minutes a while later. I changed his diaper and that seemed to help. I might have him in trainer pants tomorrow, I think his bottom is getting hot, he has what almost looks like a heat rash down there. 

At least it is a little cooler today! only 92 high instead of over 100 degrees.

#138 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know about younger boys with bottomless pits for stomachs. Teenage boys definitely eat a lot. My boys don't eat much and they always have total access to all the food they want.

Katrina ~ You sure do have a lot of friends having babies. That must be fun.

It's supposed to cool off here, too. My car said it was at least 105 yesterday and the day before. The high is supposed to be 87 today with no heat advisory. I think yesterday was supposed to be the hottest. So, wouldn't ya know, just as I was saying that I need to be more positive, we got home from TKD to find out the upstairs AC isn't working. It was 83 up there. DS2 and I dragged the futon mattress downstairs to the family room to sleep. TG the downstairs AC works. I just had that repaired last month. eyesroll.gif I was complaining to the repair guy that I've had to have the downstairs one worked on every year we've leaved and never had a problem with the upstairs one. Guess I jinxed myself.

I hope they can fix it today because I don't think I can take another sleepless night of jumping from the couch to the futon. I have a prenatal today so I'll be gone for 3 hours right in the middle of the day. I will be mad if they say they can't come today because of that.

#139 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 06:55 AM

We seem to be in the middle of a baby boom. One friend had hers in June, there is one having a baby today, another on bedrest who will hopefully stay pregnant until August, and me. Also a co-worker is due 3 days before me. And that is just people I know well! Something in the water I guess. Everywhere I look, I see new babies and pregnant women. Oh, I forgot family! DH has a cousin due in October and another due in December. it is a year full of babies!

Hope your AC is a quick and cheap fix!

#140 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM

I just need to make it through today and tomorrow and then no more work for me...although I've had this feeling for the past couple of days that I'm going to go to the hospital on Wednesday morning and they are going to do an ultrasound and she will have flipped. Which would be awesome except then I'll have to go back to work! Full moon tomorrow but I'm not expecting it to have any effect on me. Although I had several contractions throughout the night. I don't know if the start of the contraction is what was waking me up or if I would wake up because I needed to pee, roll over and then have a contraction? But that's not a fun way to wake up for sure!

MW, hope your AC gets fixed soon. We had some AC issues a few weeks back and it was brutal. The heat didn't bother me but listening to DH and the kids complain about it just about drove me up the wall! We just had to get the coolant recharged and now it's fine.

Oh fun new pg symptom...drinking water gives me heartburn...how am I supposed to stay hydrated?!?

#141 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Annie - I do hope she turns! OTOH, I remember going in b/c I thought I was in labor (and likely was, just very early labor which petered out b/c I was on my back on monitors) and when they told me to go home, I was crushed because my main thought was that I just really, really didn't want to go back to work! I ended up working for 2 more weeks!

Maybe she will turn AND you will go into labor on your own before Wednesday! wouldn't that be great!

#142 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:

Maybe she will turn AND you will go into labor on your own before Wednesday! wouldn't that be great!

Oh that would be the best! I feel like she's slowing down some so maybe she's conserving energy for some hard work ahead? Who knows? I'm just ready to have her in my arms and to be done with the pregnancy stuff.

#143 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 10:39 AM

That's so exciting Annie! Maybe she'll turn, and then you can just put yourself on bedrest until labor starts. 

Who knows, maybe the contractions were because she was moving positions while you were sleeping? 

Would waterladen foods help? Lots of watermelon and salads etc. Or maybe something like coconut water, so it's not plain, and there's something to "digest"?

We went to the beach yesterday, and I got to sit on the sand in all my pregnant belly bikini glory. I'm still feeling a bit self-conscious though... I think we'll have to go again closer to the end of summer when the belly is more obviously huge. I've been waiting forever to be able to do the pregnant belly/bikini thing, so even though DH hates the beach, he's humoring me.  It sucks though because I was also very excited to go in the water and see how that felt, but it wasn't quite warm enough outside//too cold in the water, for me to duck in past my thighs. Next time!

Then after we came home and I napped, I met my childhood best friend for coffee and a walk that ended up taking 4 hours. She's one of those people I've known since I was three, and we can go years without talking, and then start up like there was no time lost. It was a lot of fun, and good to get out. DH and I are homebodies, and I really don't see many friends these days. 

Baby is growing growing. I'm starting to watch my weight a bit now, because I had a week where according to the scale I gained 5lbs in one week-- that's insane. I basically gained 6-7lbs from conception until 18 weeks, and then all of a sudden 5 in one week... not good. I was pretty much a perfect weight when I got pregnant (ignoring that a bunch of it was concentrated in the belly), so I'd really like to try to keep my gain to about 30lbs max if I can. It'll mean upping my exercise (because I'm just not someone who can restrict my food intake, it doesn't happen, lol), but that that's probably a good thing. I haven't been very active at all. Anyways... I'm 20 weeks today, and so if I want to stay at about 30lbs... it means that I have around 15lbs left-- so roughly a pound a week, or every week and a half for the first bit. That seems totally reasonable. I don't remember when it is that they say you should expect to gain a pound a week-- is it just the third trimester? 

Ultrasound next week, and I am getting so desperate to see the gender! DH is still acting as if he hasn't relented to us finding out yet, but I saw the look on his face after the last one, when he thought he saw boy parts... I know he'll give in! lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#144 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 10:50 AM

I just went and got some La Croix Lime which is flavored seltzer water. At least that will make me burp so I will get some relief. Also picked up more Tums...that seems to be my main staple these days.

#145 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM

Mmmmm. That makes sense. I drink tons of lemon lime flavored sparking water, and every so often DH takes a sip of it, and makes a face. He can't understand why I like it, and yet I can't get enough of it. Maybe it's my body just knowing whats good for it? 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#146 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 AM

JJ: It may not be the case for you, but I have found I needn't restrict my portions, baby does that for me! I really can't eat all that much at once, and my appetite in general has not been great this whole pregnancy. I don't think it's bound to improve as the baby grows, either, though I make an effort to eat as much as I can without feeling sick. Even so, I really haven't gained any weight since 8 wks. I didn't want to gain more than 25 lbs, and If I gain 20 in the next 11 weeks, that would be alarming to me.

Yay on the beach! I love the beach . . .no bikini for me though!

Annie, do whatever feels good to you. if it is lemon-lime soda, so be it! (me, I would be having ice cream!)

I wonder, does downward facing dog (yoga pose) count as an inversion? haven't done any, but while baby isn't breech in my case, inversions are supposed to help you have even uterine tone. I don't know that I want to hang off the couch.

No news on my friend's baby yet. I have been checking FB every 15 minutes hoping for an update! Now that is pathetic, I think.

#147 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM

JJ - I can't wait for you guys to find out the gender!  So exciting.  As for the weight gain, I gained the most towards the end of the 2nd tri and have been steadily gaining 1-2 lbs a week thru the 3rd.  It SUCKS.  It's like no matter what I do, I gain like 4 lbs b/w appointments!  5 lbs all of a sudden sounds normal to me, especially since you hadn't gained much already.  I think you're doing great and sound reasonable.  It's hard to sacrifice your body for growing a baby.  Right as I hit and passed the 35 lbs mark, I just surrendered to it and said, I'm healthy, baby's healthy, I exercise, I eat right (most of the time), and this is just a season of my life.  Ha.  It helps me get thru.  I'm 35w2d and up 44 lbs.  I'll probably hit the 50 lb mark by the end you know, that's just life.  I've got to be ok with it.

Annie - FXed she flips and you're good to go!!  Do you have to be productive at work?  I know towards the end of my last pg, I was going in but I really wasn't capable of doing much work.  I mostly chatted with people and filed things and went online.  I hope if you have to work any longer, it's at least peaceful and easy stuff!

AFM - I'm feeling a lot better!!  I'm functioning at least which is more than I could say yesterday.  I even showered and got dressed, and did my hair.  Ahh.  I'm still coughing up my lungs (OMG this morning I coughed really hard and peed myself a little!  I was horrified at myself!  I've been kegel-ing all day now!) and taking Tylenol for my really sore throat, but the general malaise is pretty much going away.  Helps that I got two solid 3.5 hour chunks of sleep last night.  I woke up just as my cough medicine wore off both times, ha.  Nora's eyes are clearing up on their own. No eye boogers yesterday after the am and nothing today.  So, FXed we don't even need the abx drops!

#148 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 AM

Yay for feeling better naturally!

Yeah, I'm not worried about restricting intake, just being more careful about what I'm splurging on (I'm looking at you chocolate cake, ice cream, and a bag of chips in one day)... but moreso, just making an effort to be active as well. Even just a walk witht he dog every day would be an improvement. It's not even as much the number of 5lbs that was a big deal, but just being aware of spikes like that in terms of gd and controlling my sugars. I really don't want any cause for concern, and if cutting out my second piece of cake will do it, I'm game! lol

#149 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ I hope she turns for you, too. Why would you have to go back to work on Wednesday after a few days off? I think I'm missing something.

Carrie ~ Glad you two are feeling better. That cold you have sounds a lot like what I had a few weeks ago. I felt really awful for a couple of days and had a horrible cough that lasted a couple of weeks. I had to wear a maxi pad all day every day because I was constantly peeing on myself. I couldn't even get away with a liner. Ugh! I've been doing kegels like crazy but they don't seem to help me. greensad.gif Now, if I wait too long to pee, little bits will dribble out while I'm walking there and before I can get on the toilet. redface.gif

BTW, I now have SPD, thank you very much! OMG! It is sooooo painful. All of my pain is right in the center of my pubic bone. It is mildly painful constantly but just about kills me whenever I stand up and first walk. If I walk for a bit, it feels a little better. I started wearing my belly band again today, hoping that will take some of the weight of my pubic bone.

JJ ~ I loved going to the beach in Hawaii in my bikini when I was pg with ds2. I haven't had the nerve to do it here. People are a lot more uptight in these parts.

I gained most of my weight in the 2nd and 3rd tris. Right now I think I'm averaging about a pound a week. For a few weeks there I wouldn't gain any one week and then gain 2 the next. I'm about 36-37 lbs. now so I'm expecting to gain a total of around 40 lbs. That's less than I gained when I was pg with ds2 and ds3 but I started out 10 lbs. heavier so I'll actually weigh more at the end. Eh, what are you gonna do? I'm resigned to the fact that I won't get back to my ideal weight for another 3 years or so. I am planning to do more this time around to get back to that since I won't be worrying about getting pg again.

Do you guys know anything about belly binding? Is it safe and does it work? It seems really strange to me but a lot of people do it, I guess.

#150 of 373 Old 07-14-2011, 12:17 PM

do you mean prenatal belly binding or post partum? although the prenatal version might be called wrapping or something - it's to get the baby to move downward in the abdomen/uterus.

Carrie, so glad you are feeling better! I hate feeling sick!

As overweight as I am, 35-50 lbs seems like an awful lot to me - because If I gained that, I'd be well over 250 lbs by they time the baby was born and that number freaks me out a bit. (but I know it is a perfectly normal amount to gain if you start out at an OK weight). I am looking forward to hopefully weighing less right after the baby is born than I did before I got pregnant. We'll see how that goes!

I hope I NEVER have SPD - it sounds awful. Hope the belly band helps take some weight off the pubic bone for you.

Tags
Maternity Vitamins Nutrition , Motherhood Maternity , Expressiva Nursingwear Budget Softcup Maternity Nursing Bra , Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page