July 2011 Whatever Ladies Graduates - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 373 Old 07-23-2011, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JJ ~ So frustrating! I wouldn't think you'd need to wait so long if you're more interested in gender than getting those chubby cheek pics.

Carrie ~ Losing your mucous plug already? Hmmm...I went into serious labor about 6 hours after losing mine when I was pg with ds3. They stay it can still be days until you go into labor. I don't know about weeks, though. I don't have any idea when I lost it with ds1 because the first sign of labor I got with him was a flood when my water broke. Obviously, with ds2 I was induced and there wasn't anything going on before then. I guess I probably lost it some time when the OB tried to strip my membranes.

Shannon ~ I have not really thought of any kind of temp change with labor. Are you temping regularly to see if there's a pattern or change? That would be interesting to see. I don't get enough consecutive sleep to temp. I was up every hour last night to pee and I've been waking up very early the last few mornings and not able to get back to sleep. irked.gif I think that's some sort of cruel joke. I should be able to sleep more now as I'm getting closer to birth.

Are we going to have a cascade of babies soon?

I've gotten two rave reviews of my MW recently. Just randomly met two people who know either had a birth with her or had a friend who had a birth with her and they all love her. Makes me feel good to hear that.

I'm so glad my mom is coming now and thankful that my dad will be able to pick up where she leaves off. I feel kind of strange or bad about having to rely on two 70+ year olds to take care of me. My mom is bringing her cane for me. lol.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#242 of 373 Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

JJ ~ So frustrating! I wouldn't think you'd need to wait so long if you're more interested in gender than getting those chubby cheek pics.

Carrie ~ Losing your mucous plug already? Hmmm...I went into serious labor about 6 hours after losing mine when I was pg with ds3. They stay it can still be days until you go into labor. I don't know about weeks, though. I don't have any idea when I lost it with ds1 because the first sign of labor I got with him was a flood when my water broke. Obviously, with ds2 I was induced and there wasn't anything going on before then. I guess I probably lost it some time when the OB tried to strip my membranes.

I agree with MW, JJ.  If you aren't keen on getting "cute pics" you could go whenever you want.  But if you want both of those things, hang in there a few more weeks!

Re: MP's - everything I've read (including a ton of posts in my DDC) is that losing the plug or bits of plug really means nothing.  Labor could start immediately or in a few weeks.  All it indicates is that the cervix is dilating, but doesnt mean labor is imminent.  I think if i started feeling real, timeable ctx or something, I would freak (being that I'm not quite 37 weeks yet) but I've only had the normal period like cramps and BH's today.  And truthfully it was just a glob - not the whole thing.  But it's exciting that I'm perhaps making some progress ahead of time!  I'd really love a less-than-12-hour labor this time!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#243 of 373 Old 07-23-2011, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Didn't BFS think she lost her MP a while before she actually had her baby? I think it was her but she wasn't sure it was her MP as opposed to just regular mucous.

My cxt up until today have just been the tightening, hardening, squeezing kind, no pain really. This morning and today has been different. They feel more like the menstrual cramp kind low down and around my back. Not all of them today and they still aren't regular but definitely different, more intense.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#244 of 373 Old 07-23-2011, 03:58 PM

I've heard the same thing regarding the MP. If it comes out all in one big glob, I would think it would indicate labor is more imminent, but if it's still just pieces and bits, it just means really that your cervix is slowly dilating, and could be weeks still. It's the same how some women can be 4cm for a month before birth... It's progress and it's great, but doesn't necessarily mean you'll go into labor soon. 

I know... we've got to weigh the two. I need to sit down with DH and talk about it, and then call the place back too and see what they say/when they can get us in. We're looking at going down to the states in about 3 weeks, and if we do, I would love to know the sex to be able to pick up a few things (not that we really need anything, but sales and such, you know). But that means scheduling the ultrasound for about 24 weeks at the latest-- and assuming she can get me in that soon. 

So much to think about!

RE: the temp changes... I thought we talked about this in the CTA thread months and months back? I don't remember what we concluded, but I would think it makes sense that there would be a temp change... since it's a hormonal change that kicks you into labor, you would think that that would show up in a temp shift. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#245 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ava is scheduled for surgery first thing tomorrow morning, 7 am. I don't know how long it will take but I'll be checking for updates and let you all know.

AFM, I've been having much more intense cxt today. I've been counting them since 4 pm and have been getting 5-7 an hour. When I was pg with ds2, the OB told me more than 4 cxt an hour for more than 4 hours was probably labor. I haven't been timing the cxt so I don't know if they are coming closer. They aren't regular, like two might come 5-7 minutes apart but then I won't get another for 12 minutes but then I'll 2-3+ more in the same hour, if that all makes any sense. They hurt, too, not real bad but enough to make me take serious notice.

#246 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Thanks for updating everyone MW! We've had a really good day but I'm starting to get very emotional about tomorrow. Good news though. I apparently have no problem producing milk! My production has caused quite a stir. I've pumped so much so far that they have asked me to take some home because they are running out of room!

MW, your ctx sound very promising! Try to update us. I'll check when I get up tonight to pump.

MM, how are you feeling?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#247 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Ava and all of you will be in my thoughts tomorrow, thanks so much for keeping us updated!  I worry about you!

MW - Sounds promising!  Keep us posted!  

AFM - Just laying low today.  Starting to feel a bit yeasty so I'm going to start garlic protocol tonight, despite the fact that I'm still taking the abx.  Can't hurt, I suppose.  It's just that tell-tale first little bit of itch, no other signs, but I'm just terrified.  If this LO decides to come early, I'm screwed.

Oh - tomorrow I go for my blood draw for my platelets.  Wish me luck.  Send me lots of good vibes!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#248 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ I can imagine. I would be very emotional, too. We'll be thinking of all of you. That's great about your milk production.

Carrie ~ I posted in the other thread about YI cream that you were watching. My MW said using the cream was safe because either my water would break and flush everything out or the it wouldn't break and the baby would be protected inside. Good luck with your platelet count. I hope it's all good.

Katrina ~ Same to you with your appt. tomorrow.

I went ahead and called my MWs. Turns out they would rather know sooner than later if I think something is going on. I was told to eat, stay hydrated, try to get some rest and call right away if/when things pick up, my water breaks or I have any bloody show. Of course, since I've called the ctx feel a lot stronger and seem to be coming closer together. It might just be my head messing with me. I've got my stop watch now so I'm going to try to time them.

I don't think I'm ready to have this baby yet. I'm supposed to have another week. I woke up this morning thinking, "I don't want to have this baby anymore." lol.gif Not in the sad, freak out way that I was feeling last weekend but more in a scared of labor way.

#249 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I don't think I'm ready to have this baby yet. I'm supposed to have another week. I woke up this morning thinking, "I don't want to have this baby anymore." lol.gif Not in the sad, freak out way that I was feeling last weekend but more in a scared of labor way.

I know what you mean.  I can't believe Im about to do this again.  It's all very scary and very surreal and part of me just wants to go to sleep and wake up with the baby in my arms.  Ha!  But no, you can do it.  I have faith in you!  And just think - this is the LAST TIME!!  

Thanks for the bit about the cream.  If the garlic doesn't work I'm just going to go for the monistat.

#250 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Thinking of you both Annie and MW. It's great to hear about the pumping! It must be nice to have at least one thing you don't have to worry about! 

MW-- Even if you don't feel ready, just keep in mind that regardless of when it happens, you CAN do this, and your body will be ready and do its' job. It knows what to do. 

AFM- I'm feeling at such a standstill right now. 21 weeks and I feel like I want to be productive... but there's not a lot I can do right now. We're not getting anything done around the house either because DH is working part time for the election this summer- and right now that means 12 hour days. So I can't even feel like we're getting renovation stuff done (which is the step before getting the nursery done). I don't have anything else I can buy right now either. Anything small I need to leave for my registry otherwise we won't have enough for people to buy, and the big stuff ... well it's just too early to have to store it. sucks. 

I think it's stemming from not being able to find out the sex and prepare as far as sorting clothes. That's such a small part of it, but in my ocd brain, it's a big deal! lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#251 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, I think this really is it. My contractions have gotten stronger, longer and more frequent, so far 6-8 minutes apart and about 1 minute long. They hurt but it feels better to stand up and lean over rather than lie down. Last time I went to the bathroom there was just the tiniest hint of pink when I wiped.

My midwife and her assistants are on their way to check on me. I think they are coming directly from another birth. I hope they get some time to rest.

#252 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 PM

Yay MW!! Use this time to gather yourself and really put your mind centered in a good place. You can do this!

#253 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 PM

Annie: I'm praying for Ava's surgery!  hug.gif

MW: Oh, so exciting!  biggrinbounce.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#254 of 373 Old 07-24-2011, 08:16 PM

How exciting!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, MW!! You've so got this!! ELVS, mama!!

#255 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 AM

MW! yay it seems like things are ready to go; good thing your Mom is on her way!

Annie, will be keeping you and Ava  in mind today

Carrie - fx for good results from platelets!

JJ: I really do believe in the shy girl theory. I haven't been proven wrong yet.

As for the mucous plug thing: I lost a good bit (or what seemed to me as a good bit) 3 times before DS was born, and I never went into labor on my own. so I am doubtful it is one of the truly significant indicators of an immenent labor.  But I could be just one of the weird ones for whom that doesn't hold true. I know it can does reaccumulate, so it is possible to lose it more than once.

Weekend was busy, this week will be busy. Today is first appointment with the new practice, Thursday is the 3 hr test, I am sure there will be other stuff to be done in between. these last 2 months are going to go by fast, I think.

MIL saw the bins of girl clothes I have and assumed that I was pretty much set on clothes for her (I was trying to explain that I want to go yardsaling and will need to go to the consignment sales in September - they are huge!) and I had to explain that a lot of what I have is 6 months +. I have really no newborn things and a few 0-3 and an ok bit of 3-6. While I know one doesn't need a lot of the small sizes as babes grow quickly, she will need to have SOME clothes. (MIL is on a spending freeze at the moment. DH and I are rolling our eyes a bit, as we don't buy things we don't need as it is, and we do have some $$ left over from bills that is budgeted towards things that we need otherwise)

FX today is birthday for Dylan!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#256 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 07:02 AM

MW, I hope that if you aren't already holding Dylan, you will be soon!

Surgery has started. Long day ahead of me waiting for the call that she's all done.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#257 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM

Oh, Annie!  hug.gif  How long is surgery supposed to take?  praying.gif for Ava & you!

MW:  I can't wait for an update!  bouncy.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#258 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

MW, I hope that if you aren't already holding Dylan, you will be soon!

Surgery has started. Long day ahead of me waiting for the call that she's all done.

Oh, Annie.  Hugs and know I'm thinking of you and Ava.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
MW:  I can't wait for an update!  bouncy.gif

Me either!  I checked at 4 am when I got up for a snack, and again at 8 when I got up, and again now!  Ooooh I cannot WAIT to find out what's going on!  

AFM - I got my last blood draw this morning.  My fate is sealed.  ARGH I cannot take not knowing where I'm going to give birth!!  I just want to know either way.  I'll be devastated if its not at home, but at least I can PLAN and start to visualize things.

#259 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM

Glad the blood draw is over! I really hope the results are good. I do agree, either way, it is good to be able to plan ahead of time!

Annie: fx surgery and recovery is quick for Ava -

My appointment went well; This practice is sooooo much more VBAC friendly! Doc gave me the right rate of rupture, and said if I go past my EDC then we will revaluate at 41 weeks what the options are. It took a while because I had to call twice to get the records sent over from the other practice. I feel so much better!

Also doc mentioned (which no one had previously) that DS was posterior, and that might have contributed to lack of progress. Yay for full info!

hopefully a good start to the week means a good end (and passing the GD test to boot!)

MW: waiting with baited breath over here! hope all is well

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#260 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 09:09 AM

Well, the only thing I can think of is something is happening or she's already holding Dylan, b/c she ALWAYS checks in by now!!  joy.gif

Kat - I'm so happy your appt went so well!  Awesome news!!

#261 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 09:19 AM

I hope MW is getting baby smuggles right now!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts ladies. It really means a lot to me. She's still in surgery. They had to put her on the bypass machine so that added an extra hour. The surgeon should be out within the hour to talk to us.

#262 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM

Annie, thanks for keeping us updated!

I'm here twiddling my thumbs waiting on news!

#263 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 01:34 PM

Ok, I don't know anything, but I just got back from my mw appt. & she's very tired b/c she's been at an overnight birth each of the last 3 nights.  thumb.gif  Now I really can't wait for that update, MW! lol.gif  I hope everything went/is going well!!!

Annie, I'm still praying.  

#264 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Ok, I don't know anything, but I just got back from my mw appt. & she's very tired b/c she's been at an overnight birth each of the last 3 nights.  thumb.gif  Now I really can't wait for that update, MW! lol.gif  I hope everything went/is going well!!!

Annie, I'm still praying.  

Oooh that's promising!!!  Thanks for the psuedo update!  LOL!!

Annie - Still thinking of you and Ava!! 

#265 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Got to see Ava a few minutes ago. She definitely looks rough but she's resting comfortably. Probably can't spend the night with her but should be able to starting tomorrow.

Oh I hope MW went last night!

#266 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

She definitely looks rough but she's resting comfortably. 

happytears.gif  What a little fighter.  I'm so proud of you, Annie, and of Ava.  What a strong team you are together!  

#267 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 PM

I hope it's ok I post this -- MW just updated her FB!  Dylan is here!!

#268 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Sorry for 3 in a row from me, but MY PLATELETS ARE HIGHER THAN EVER!!  I'm cleared for my homebirth!!  I'm so happy and so excited!!!  Yay!!

joy.gif

#269 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 07:29 PM

Annie: Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear things went well & I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!

Carrie: Woohoo!!!  That's awesome!  What a relief!!!

MW: I look forward to hearing your birth story (when you're up to it!).  It sounds like things went pretty quick!  Congratulations!!!

#270 of 373 Old 07-25-2011, 10:54 PM

So much good news today!

Annie-- so glad to hear she came through well. You've got a strong little girl there :)

MW-- Wahoo! Good job mama!

Babycakes-- I can't imagine how relieved you must feel! Does it seem more real now?

Lets hope this is just a good luck week for us! I've got my appt on Thursday and I should hopefully find out who our new doctor will be, as well as finding out what is up with the tech not telling us the sex. Oh I hope it's on the report!  And Katrina is waiting on results too! My gosh something tells me the thread is going to fly this week. 

Tags
Maternity Vitamins Nutrition , Motherhood Maternity , Expressiva Nursingwear Budget Softcup Maternity Nursing Bra , Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page