Signs of labor...? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2011, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 38 weeks 5 days pregnant today, July 22. On July 11th my belly "dropped" & I lost a TINY bit of the mucous plug. I felt normal except for a little more discomfort on my hips and lower back. On July 20th, I had diarrhea out of nowhere followed by nausea. I have felt nauseous, queasy, am really tired and have had a lack of appetite for 3 days now. The baby is also not as active as she has been the last couple weeks. I still feel her move, but not nearly as much. Anybody experience these symptoms before labor began?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I noticed a decrease in movement a day or 2 before labor began with my first. I realized I hadn't felt her at all, ALL DAY and was kinda freaked out! Like, I laid on my back that evening and poked around and tried to get her to move, and not the slightest twitch. Resting up for labor I guess. 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 07-22-2011, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

I had the same feelings. I was almost worried, then it hit me that labor could be imminent so I began poking around.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 PM

With baby number one, he dropped about 8 days before he was born and there was significantly less movement starting a week before he was born.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

User Tag List