spotting at 4 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I spotted yesterday - brown color at 4 w 2 days.  Could this still be from implantation?  I haven't had sex or anything.  Do you think it means the baby implanted late - which I read could mean m/c.  I had some mild cramping on Thursday (I actually thought it was my period) - 2 days before my expected period and hoping that wasn't the implantation since it was 12 dpo.

#2 of 4 Old 07-27-2011, 02:19 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

hug2.gif  to you.  I know how worrying it can be to spot during pregnancy, but please know that it is very common.  Some women all out bleed and still have healthy pregnancies.  Of course, bleeding, especially accompanied by cramping can be the beginning of a m/c, but if it is, there isn't anything you can do except wait and see how things proceed. Also brown spotting indicates old blood, which means this probably happened a few days ago.  You mentioned that your cramping was about a week ago?  Usually a m/c will go from cramping/spotting to all out bleeding within days.  You said you're 4w3d today?  So you're about a week past the time of your expected AF right?  A m/c from late implantation/short LP (chemical pregnancy) would occur around the time of expected AF, not a week later.  Implantation spotting (which would occur between 6 and 12 DPO) is quite uncommon and it is unlikely that what you experienced just prior to AF was from implantation.  It is much more likely that it was from hormonal fluctuations around the time of your expected AF and your body adjusting to pregnancy.  I spotted at two different times with my first pregnancy and everything was just fine; I hope the same is true for you! 

If you're really worried you could request beta hCG tests from your care provider.  It can be comforting to see nice doubling numbers.  Sending positive thoughts your way!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to sincerely thank you for taking the time and writing such a helful post.  I feel more relaxed now and haven't had anymore spotting.  I truly appreciate it:)

#4 of 4 Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

You're welcome!  Here's to a HH9!  smile.gif

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page