August 2011 Whatever Ladies Having Babies - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
enjoy your date.

we're going to try the pool again this morning before the storms hit. then my first grocery shopping trip since D was born. i want to stock up before my mom leaves tomorrow. only problem is that she has filled my kitchen and fridge with so much of her food that there may not be room for mine.rolleyes.gif she got mad at me last night when i said i didn't want the left over chicken from several days ago. she said something about me making lots of food and the wasting it. i was like, wait a minute! i didn't make any of that food. she did. it's not my fault she makes too much. i'm careful to make just enough for us to eat.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM

Oh I definately know that stretch marks are genetic, and that's why I was so hopeful. It just seems crazy with the skin being so tight. Our bodies are pretty amazing though!

MW-- that sounds like lots of good news all around, ignoring the neighbor boy! 

Carrie-- I don't know... sitting peacefully watching a movie and a thunderstorm day sounds like a perfect day for labor to start. lol. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-14-2011, 01:15 PM

Still no baby!  Everyone at church was disappointed to see me today.  lol.gif  I'm doing laundry (last time, please!!!), catching up on a couple of urgent items that came through the mail (no more, please!!!), and installing the carseat.  biggrinbounce.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 08-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Carrie- I almost don't believe you that you weight 187. You look so skinny carrying around a big baby belly! You're all baby!

AFM- 2 more days until the gender ultrasound! Woot! Pretty sure...almost 100%...that it's a boy

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 08-14-2011, 02:45 PM

Ooooh Kinder that's so exciting! Crossing my fingers for you!

I've starting calling the baby a she almost all the time. I don't know if it's just one of those things, or if subconsciously, I think she's a girl now. I think part of it is due to the trouble we had finding out the sex- so now I'm convinced she must be a girl to have hidden. 

Next Tuesday is ours. I'm hoping for sex determination and some good photos, since we didn't get any last time!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-14-2011, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

jj and kinder ~ if the trend continues, both of u r correct. mom2one will have a boy. jj will have a girl. and kinder will have a boy.

does mom2one know yet or not finding out?

jj ~ it is amazing how much or bodies can grow and stretch to accommodate a baby. i was itchy toward the end, which i wold think would be an indicator of stretch marks, but even with that i got none.

the boys got to swim at the pool for an hour. i got stuck in a downpour while grocery shopping. spent a ton of money and feel like i got nothing to eat. i hope i have enough easy food to tide us over until my dad gets here tuesday evening.

i've realized i'm completely clueless about how to use the carseat/carrier at a restaurant or grocery store. i thought the things were supposed to snap onto high chairs and grocery carts. anyone know how that works? the carseat i have is a graco laura ashley (i know it's supposed to be for a girl but it looks like a very GN color and print.)

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Carrie-- I don't know... sitting peacefully watching a movie and a thunderstorm day sounds like a perfect day for labor to start. lol. 

And yet...not even one good ctx the whole time!  LOL! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

Carrie- I almost don't believe you that you weight 187. You look so skinny carrying around a big baby belly! You're all baby!

AFM- 2 more days until the gender ultrasound! Woot! Pretty sure...almost 100%...that it's a boy

Thanks for saying that, I feel like a beast!!  And I'm sure I'm at least 2-3 lbs heavier than that now.  I just don't want to se the 190s so I refuse to weigh myself.  

I can't wait to find out what you're having!!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Next Tuesday is ours. I'm hoping for sex determination and some good photos, since we didn't get any last time!

EEEKK!!  I can't wait to find out!!!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

i've realized i'm completely clueless about how to use the carseat/carrier at a restaurant or grocery store. i thought the things were supposed to snap onto high chairs and grocery carts. anyone know how that works? the carseat i have is a graco laura ashley (i know it's supposed to be for a girl but it looks like a very GN color and print.)

No, they don't really click in to shopping carts safely, or onto chairs.  Shopping carts especially not.  If you bring the baby in the bucket, you are supposed to put it in the large part of the shopping cart and stack groceries around it.  Otherwise the cart is too top heavy and can fall right over.  Not a good thing.  If you go to a restaurant, place baby on a regular chair or in a booth.  That's simple enough!

AFM - great day!  Saw Harry Potter, went and got Thai food, went and got ice cream, came home and tried to dtd but to no avail, it was just too uncomfortable, then went to pick up DD and now we're home.  Only bad thing is we realized our cat has a huge bald patch on her back leg and have to take her to the vet tomorrow or ASAP.  It looks raw.  She licked all the hair off for some reason -- an allergy?  An irritant?  Whatever caused it, she's licking the wound and and it doesn't look pretty.  We have no idea.  A vet a least needs to dress it so it can all heal.  It must have happened in the past 2-3 days though, b/c I just brushed her and would have noticed the entire inside length of her hind leg was raw, you know?  Ugh, I just don't need this right now.  It's hard to worry about your little buddies.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-14-2011, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I just don't want to se the 190s so I refuse to weigh myself.

that's how i felt about getting into the 170s. I saw it on the scale but refused to put it in my weight chart. I left it at 167.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

No, they don't really click in to shopping carts safely, or onto chairs.  Shopping carts especially not.  If you bring the baby in the bucket, you are supposed to put it in the large part of the shopping cart and stack groceries around it.  Otherwise the cart is too top heavy and can fall right over.  Not a good thing.  If you go to a restaurant, place baby on a regular chair or in a booth.  That's simple enough!

Ok, then what is the point in having them at all? I see people all the time with them snapped onto the seat part of the grocery cart. Saw someone today with her carseat/carrier like that. I also see people all the time who put the carseat/carrier on or in the high chair somehow. I guess it might be ok to put it on a booth but it doesn't seem like it would be safe to put it in a chair. That doesn't seem to be any different than putting it on a counter or table. Isn't that considered dangerous?

And, how in the world could you fit your groceries in the cart if the carseat is in there? I usually end up having to have E get an extra smaller cart because a big one isn't enough room for everything I buy and that's without anything else in the cart. If that's the case, I don't know how I'll be able to do the grocery shopping. Once D gets a little bigger I won't be able to hold him in the sling and load/unload the grocery cart. I couldn't do it with E or K. hmmph

Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM

Maddening, huh?  I mean you could always just do it anyway.  Since you could probably always keep a hand on the shopping cart, and send the kids to grab things, you wouldn't have the same worries as a mom alone who walks away from the cart and then SLAM the thing tips over!  I did do the shopping cart thing with Nora but then once she got a little bigger stopped b/c I was just too scared she was too heavy.  Some stores have carts with the infant seat built in, which are balanced a little better.  Plus once D gets to be like 5-6 months and is sitting, you just plop in in the thing with the seat cover.

I can't even imagine how you do restaurants, Alysia.  lol.gif Maybe I'm just too naive but I have enough trouble taking my terrible 2 year old out, I have no idea how to do more than one kid.  I guess I'll learn fast!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 PM

Carrie-- You shouldn't be worried at all, I would have pegged you in the 150's, certainly not almost 190. You're carrying it really well!

MW-- I don't get it with the buckets either. It seems like a lot of the things people use them for, they really are not designed for at all, so you're taking a risk-- and probably causing yourself more stress in the end.  I figure we'll just pop the baby in a sling once we get in the door (only using the bucket since it will be arind -40 here when baby is tiny tiny, and it's so much quicker to unclick the bucket and run). The idea of lugging the bucket around a restaurant or grocery shopping etc just seems so awkward. 

Ugh. Went over to my father's tonight to help him with something, and it ended up taking hours. Now I work tomorrow, come home at about 530, and then have to mad rush to finish getting everything ready in time to go to bed. We leave the next morning at 7am, which means being up at 6 at the latest. I'm excited to go, but all of a sudden stressed about the last minute rush. 

Old 08-14-2011, 09:17 PM

so much to catch up on!

Carrie: re: Grovia AI2's - for me, you really need to use the soakers they come with, since they are so trim, I don't think I'd try prefolds, it wouldn't fit as well or be as trim. I LOVE LOVE my Swaddlebees/Blueberry AIOs - I feel they are fairly trim and the soaker part is only sewn on one end, so it flips out during the wash and dries as fast as a pocket here's the link http://www.swaddlebees.com/Products/All-in-One-Diapers/Snap-AIO-Cloth-Diapers_10

Re: weight gain - it looks good on you! don't worry about it. I think I need to try to focus on eating more . . . according to the scale, I've lost another pound or so, which while I can afford to lose it, I really don't want to lose too much. MW: congrats on all you've lost already!

I do click the bucket seat in the top part of the buggy, but only if DH is with me to drive as I can't see over the bucket.  I also don't step away from the cart, as regardless, you shouldn't do that with a small child. If you turn most of the restaurant wooden highchairs upside down, the buckets fit really securely in there. Or some places have a sling type thing that is designed to hold them. For me, the buckets are most convienent in the restaurant; I can wear a baby and shop. Eating is another story, especially since I have a tendency to drop things on myself (hot things!) I've also dumped cold soda on baby and me when trying to nurse in a restaurant . . . baby is safer by far in a bucket with me!

Shannon, for some reason I really thing your baby girl and Carrie's Finn are trying to share a birthday! come on babies!

I'm getting to the point where people are really starting to ask about when I'm due, or how much longer I have. I tell them at least 6 weeks :) since DS came 2 weeks late it could be as much as 8. (which really depresses me, but it's a fact)

JJ: hopefully you will luck out with no stretch marks! I think it's genes. I got a few towards the end with DS, but they faded to silver very fast.  None with this baby so far.My mom had lots of stretch marks though . . .I am so hoping you and Kindermama find out the sex of your babies this week! so exciting!

MW: I think you are doing the right thing with your neighbor's son. It sounds like it may hurt your friendship with his mom, but sometimes the truth is tough and it hurts. It will be best for E in the long run. My MIL is the same as yours with the food and stuffing the fridge with leftovers. not fun. At least your mom is going home soon :) we live with MIL now so there is no escaping!

JJ: re DTD - with my first pregnancy, sex was just never really great the whole time. it was uncomfortable to start with, and ok as we got going. We didn't DTD lots then. I don't know if it was swelling or what. With this pregnancy, DTD was awesome - maybe increased blood flow made things more sensitive in a good way? - for the first half of the pregnancy, then it was kind of uncomfortable, now it's ok, just a matter of logistics . . it's different for everyone and every pregnancy I think.

.I'm getting to the point where I'll be glad when this pregnancy is done. I'll miss being pregnant - I love the feeling of the baby moving - but I miss regular pants. I hate maternity pants! hope this week brings 2 babies and we find out the gender of two more! so many good things -

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

I tried clicking the bucket onto the grocery cart but it was leaned way back. I must not know how to put it on there. I ended up using a cart with the built in baby seat but some biatch at the check out was making loud, under her breath comments about D looking uncomfortable. She was obviously saying it for my benefit. It made me feel really bad but what could I do? I tried putting my sling around him when I first put him in it but he screamed. greensad.gif

Like I said, I can't shop with a baby in a sling. I find it very awkward and difficult to get things off the shelves and out of the cart onto the check out belt. it would probably be better with my wrap but i hate trying to put that on. i think part of the problem may be that i'm so small. the wrap goes around me too many times (not now but in a few months when i lose more weight) and i end up with long tie tails and maybe my arms are short so it's hard for me to reach things around a baby on me.

i've never used the swaddlebees aios but i loved my swaddlebee fitteds. that's the same idea as the ai2 design i was talking about except that my ai2s have the option of completely detaching the soakers because they are snapped to one end. i don't usually do that because they get clean and dry while attached.

i don't know about dtd while pg bt i can say it was even better after giving birth vaginally.

I don't find taking the 2 boys to a restaurant to be difficult. They are usually pretty good. K is a little more rambunctious than E but he still does a good job of staying in his seat and eating as long as we don't take too long. he does like to stand next to the table, which i let him do. i just have to watch very closely and remind him that people are walking around with hot food and drinks. taking a baby is harder for me because mine don't ever seem happy to sit in a bucket or high chair. Oh, I do remember going through a period with K when he was really too big for a high chair but wouldn't sit still so I would have to buckle him in one. Once he realized he could get out of the high chair as long as he was careful and stayed in his big seat, he was ok.

Now, he's another story at the grocery store. He likes to get out and run around so I do have to buckle him in those kid friendly police and firetruck carts. He can't undo the buckles yet so that keeps him contained. Luckily, he doesn't scream and cry and have a fit over that. I don't know what I'd do if he did that. I think having E is helpful because he sees that his big brother gets to walk around with me because he doesn't run off and do other dangerous things. That motivates him to try harder to be calm and just walk next to me.

My mom is gone. It's just me and the boys for two days until my dad gets here sometime tomorrow evening. Wish me luck. I need to get a shower today before I take the boys to TKD. I can't remember the last time I had a shower. It's not going so well yet because D wakes up every time I try to put him down.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:53 AM

MW: it really depends on the shopping cart and your infant seat. I found that in some carts, our seat fit really well, and in others it was extremely unstable (Target for instance) I have a babyTrend one. A wrap would probably be better for shopping. since while I can wrap, I don't like to, I am wanting a baby k'tan. It's like a moby/stretchy wrap, except it is sized and there is no tying, except for the waist support part, and that is a piece of cake.

Shopping and restaurants are fun with kids, aren't they? DS doesn't like to sit in a buggy, unless it's the car kind. So he has to walk or be held by someone other than me. He's not always happy about that, but I really can't carry him anymore; there is no position where it's comfortable. Restaurants we request a booth, and he just sits/stands next to one of us. He doesn't like high chairs much. Never has.

Hope these next two days go well and quickly for you, I am sure you will enjoy being on your own for a little before your dad arrives.

It's quiet today, hope people are in baby making mode! Though I think Carrie just might be doing something with her cat and the vet.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 08-15-2011, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

I was going to look up the seat I got and see if I could find any info on it. I assumed they all worked the same way, pretty much.

Oooh, I am going to buy one of those Baby K'Tans. I was thinking that I wanted another ring sling because, while I really like the one I have, it's an SPF mesh material and I think I'd like something in a smoother cotton. So, I'll get a K'Tan instead. That's the type of thing I thought I was buying when I bought my wrap. All the pics I saw were of people wearing it so I thought it came all wrapped up and all I would have to do was slip it on. There's a store in Wilmington that carries them so I can check it out before I buy it and won't have to wait for it to ship. Now I'm excited to take a trip to Wilmington. There's another store in Kinston that carries them, too. It's about the same distance as Wilmington so I even have choices. Can you believe it?!

I got a shower! E actually watched D. He woke up at one point and E came and told me but by the time he ran back down the stairs to check on D again he was back to sleep so I got to finish. I even shaved both my legs. joy.gif

Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Wilmington is way more fun than Kinston! is it a buybuyBaby by any chance  - the store I mean? they have great coupons! usually 20% off or $5 off of $15.

and yay for a shower! and shaved legs! lots of good news!

Old 08-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Yay for shopping and babywearing and shaved legs and showers!  Fun all around!!  

Nothing going on with me today, just tidying up and getting supplies back together.  Chris has to take the cat to the vet in a bit.  I got the extra feet for the cosleeper and have been struggling with it since I got it.  That thing is just a wobbly mess and seems unstable, so I'm going to have to have him look at it.  I don't want to have it attached just yet b/c it takes up too much room, but I want to at least have the strap in and set up so we *can* just attach it if this baby ever decides to come out.  

My due date is tomorrow!  My appt is at 330.

Was thinking a due date baby would be fun, but eh...nothing is happening now so I don't see it happening in the next day either.  I'm fine, just not feeling too hopeful, lol.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM

My HB MW came by this morning & said my fluid level feels good (and a bonus of having an OP baby is that the fluid pockets are all over the front! ROTFLMAO.gif) and we heard lot of reactivity just listening to baby's hb w/the doppler.  She would move & her hr would speed right up.  So hopefully my NST will be unstressful.  DH is going to come with me.  Last night I was having pressure in my back & my pubic bone started hurting.  My back is fine today but my pubic bone is still painful w/movement.  

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Old 08-15-2011, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, wilmington is more fun than kinston but we have a b-day party to go to in kinston so i could check out that store while there. or i can plan to go to wilmington after my 6w pp check since i'll be more than halfway there if i don't go before then. i can't remember which comes first. the store in wlmington is called dragonflies. the buybuybaby is in durham.

due date babies are fun but then babies are fun anytime. winky.gif

Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Wow!  you guys have been busy the last week!  I have been on vacation - camping for a whole week!  It was fun - tiring but fun.  We got to spend time with some good friends and we had tons of people stop by that we haven't seen for a a long time.  I did end up with the flu the last day - the runs and throwing up!  Thankfully it is pretty much gone now - but I am super tired and still have waves of nausea.  I got some crocheting done while we were away and that was nice - it was nice to sit and relax a little although we did do a fair bit of running.  Our friends had a teenage boy who loves kids so he was nice enough to take them to the playground for us and walk them to the store etc to give us a break.  Oh - and another bit of good news - I am DONE work!  I only work about 1-2 days a week but my back has been bothering me so much lately that i asked the Dr and he put me out on sick leave until I can start maternity leave!  So YAY for that, but not for the back pain!  I just have to apply for my employment insurance benefits now - it takes about a month before you get paid, but they do back pay you - I thin there is a 2 week waiting period for which you don't get paid though.  Anyway I am glad to be done - even if it means less money.  I have been crocheting quite a bit and have some orders ahead of me so that will help out.

Other good news - DH is starting to work towards our addition - he is getting my dad to come on the weekend and help him get the deck torn off and get things ready and he had me calling around to price out building materials and we are planning a trip to the US to buy the doors and windows we need since we can save $$ by going there and we usually go in the fall anyway. So I am excited about that!  Tyring not to get my hopes up - but excited none the less!

I am 30 wks now!   I can't beleive how fast this pregnancy is flying by!  My mom jokingly said today that this is the shortest pregnancy I have had yet! lol I have a hard time believe that in less than 3 months I will have another baby!  Still unsure of the dynamics of three but I am sure we will figure it all out!

Quote:

jj and kinder ~ if the trend continues, both of u r correct. mom2one will have a boy. jj will have a girl. and kinder will have a boy.

does mom2one know yet or not finding out?

jj ~ it is amazing how much or bodies can grow and stretch to accommodate a baby. i was itchy toward the end, which i wold think would be an indicator of stretch marks, but even with that i got none.

the boys got to swim at the pool for an hour. i got stuck in a downpour while grocery shopping. spent a ton of money and feel like i got nothing to eat. i hope i have enough easy food to tide us over until my dad gets here tuesday evening.

No I am not finding out but my gut tells me boy!  So you may be right!  It's weird but I KNEW the other two were girls and this one I just feel like it is a boy!  That could be because everyone thinks we were trying for a boy - but honestly it doesn't matter either way.  I guess we will have to wait and see!

As for the pics - baby and belly pics - all so cute!  I am totally going to go get mat photos done after seeing yours! We don't have JC Penny here but there are a couple of places that do them that are not super exepnsive.  Our anniversary is on Sept 27 - so I told Dh that for our anniversary I want to get family/mat photos done. That should be good timing for a big belly - I am due on Oct 23 so I should be pretty big by then - so far I have gained 35 pounds.

Well I better go get the mountain of laundry done that I have after our trip!

Hope every is doing well today!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM

My bp was high at first at the NST, but it did finally come down.  No protein in my urine & baby looked good.  Lots of fluid & only a tiny bit of calcification on the placenta.  Gosh, those things are stressful, though!  I'm glad DH went with me.  And glad the MW at NH is so supportive.  

Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Glad things turned out ok. My BP tends to be high at first for things like that but gets much lower if I'm given a chance to relax a little. Hopefully, you won't have time for any more.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:43 AM

Come on babies! (but I know they will come when they are good and ready, and not before!)

MW: don't know what the shops in Kinston or Wilmington charge for the baby k'tan (sometimes as much as $65 or so) but after you try it on, you may want to buy from either Amazon, buybuyBaby, or diapers.com  - I think it's only $54 or so those sites, and you can usually find coupon codes for even more off. I tried one on at a local store and am waiting on the right time in the budget to buy mine.

Shannon, glad your NST went well. I was bored as all get out with mine. It's great that the MW at the NH is so supportive.

Carrie, I am loving your belly pics! I know in a way you will miss your belly once Finn arrives. OTOH I'm sure you'll be glad once he decides to be born!

JJ and MM: isn't today the big day for your scans?! looking forward to maybe knowing what you're having!

Kindermama - 30 weeks already! I hope you are right and it's a boy! I am 34 weeks tomorrow . . . It's kind of scary to think that the baby could be here in as little as a month if she decides to be early, or as much as two if she decides to be late!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, Kat. I was just thinking that I should probably order it from an online store because who knows when I would actually make it to a store. I pulled out my wrap to use today to see how it works. I've got D in it right now and I've cleaned all the floors downstairs. Now I need to get upstairs and do some laundry and clean the bathroom for my dad. It's going well so far.

If I could only figure out how to nurse in it. I have done it before but it's so awkward. Do people wear special shirts, like maybe those nursing shirts with the empire style top shelf that lifts up? Trying to pull up a regular shirt from the bottom underneath the wrap and the baby is very difficult and then all my fat rolls hang out and are exposed around my side, back and lower belly.

I can't believe you only have about 6 weeks. So soon, all of a sudden. thumb.gif

Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Youtube has great videos for how to nurse in wraps and such.  Usually they wear a cami or tank and a shirt over the top, and then pull up the shirt part thru the wrap before popping the baby in. Seems easy once you get the hang of it, but tricky at first.  This one is especially good b/c it's a newborn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLduLJFSJn4&feature=related

Having lots of early labor signs, but nothing substantial to report.  All night I had good, strong ctx, coming about 3-5 min apart.  Was able to get some sleep, thought for sure I wouldn't need my appt.  Woke DH around 4am and was like, you may not have to work tomorrow after all.  I would *NEVER* say that unless I knew what I was feeling.  Those ctx were fucking real.  I woke up at 7 and my body cleaned itself out real good.  Sat on the couch a bit...ctx stopped.  Lay down, fell back asleep on the couch.  Woke up to a BIG one.  Rolled a bit and felt a trickle of fluid, made me think.  DH came out and talked to me for a min, I was upset that things seemed to have stopped again.  Now, it's 11, ctx are coming but they are sporadic.  Just cleaned out my body again.  Something's GOT to be happening right?  MW appt at 330.  Going to ask for a check and hopefully a sweep.

I feel like a car engine that just. wont. turn. over.  bawling.gif

Old 08-16-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Carrie. I'll have to search the videos a little more. I can only view a short period at a time because my laptop overheats and the screen goes black. Very annoying! Anyway, all of those were how to start out nursing and then put baby in wrap. I'm talking about when I'm out and about and already have baby in the wrap and he wants to nurse, like if I'm halfway through grocery shopping. I guess if I can use part of the wrap as a privacy cover, I can wear a shirt that can be pulled down. I tried that before but felt very exposed. I think that was using my sling or maybe my pouch so I couldn't cover myself.

Everything you are feeling is doing something. There's no way to predict when active labor will start, of course, but all of this is a part of labor. I think you need to keep your MW updated because once things really get going, it may go very fast. IDK that for sure but if all the early labor we go through means shorter active labor, seems like you've got more than most of it out of the way. thumb.gif

Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Kat ~ I've been looking more closely at the Baby K'tan and have a couple of questions maybe you can answer. First, they now have something called the Breeze. It's half cotton and half mesh rather than all cotton. I'm wondering if that would be better for us since we live in a warmer climate. Even in the winter it doesn't get extremely cold for very long but the summers get hot, hot, hot! The only thing I don't like about the breeze is that it only comes in white and black. I don't want white because it will get and look dirty fast. I don't want black, though, because it will be hot.

Also, I'm a bit confused by the sizing. Now is a hard time to pick a size because I'm still larger than I plan to be. If I go by my pre-pg size, I would get a small (6-8). But the sizing chart says if you are under 5'2" or between sizes to get the smaller size. I'm 5' even so should I get the XS or stick with the small? Guess I should ask the manufacturer.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:

Everything you are feeling is doing something. There's no way to predict when active labor will start, of course, but all of this is a part of labor. I think you need to keep your MW updated because once things really get going, it may go very fast. IDK that for sure but if all the early labor we go through means shorter active labor, seems like you've got more than most of it out of the way. thumb.gif

This is all very true.  I texted my mw and let her know what was going on, just to give her a heads up.  I'm pretty sure this is early early labor.  I'm also not sure if i'm leaking water or if things are just very watery down there.  Almost every time I stand from sitting I get a little soaky gush.  I put on a liner.  Will see.  Her response to my text was, "Great!  Maybe we'll be staying!" 

I'm so hesitant to say this is it though.  I told you all I'll be in denial til transition.

And, yes, I hear you about nursing in the carrier from a normal carry.  I could never quite figure that out either, and no baby wants to be in that cross carry hold the whole time you're out and about.  

Old 08-16-2011, 11:26 AM

I never did figure out nursing in any carrier, but TBH, I never tried very hard! I don't even really like to nurse walking around the house just holding a baby, but then, I think with this being #2 and needing to chase down DS all the time, I may need to figure that out!

As for sizing, how are you torso wise? If you've got a longer torso, I think I'd stick with the small, they say the size of a snug t-shirt (which I for one, don't ever wear *snug* t-shirts except when pregnant) I am only 4'11" but was a size 18/20 pre-pregnancy, and the XL fit just right on me, I wouldn't go down to a L just because I'm shorter; I need the extra space to accomodate the huge boobs. Which even now are like a 40G. If you are at all busty, or have a longer torso, I'd stick with the small, TBH. If not, then the XS will probably work best.

Carrie, fx this is it for you! Have you checked that weird line on your behind that you posted about to see if it's gotten any longer?

My boobs have been feeling very tingly today . . . guess they are getting ready for another nursling. I honestly am really looking forward to BF'ing again, but also very glad I had a little break between nurslings.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Carrie, fx this is it for you! Have you checked that weird line on your behind that you posted about to see if it's gotten any longer?

My boobs have been feeling very tingly today . . . guess they are getting ready for another nursling. I honestly am really looking forward to BF'ing again, but also very glad I had a little break between nurslings.

Ooh.  I just checked.  It's almost up to the top!  Holy moly!

I'm looking forward to nursing again too, but am glad I had a good long break.  At least mentally.  Sore nips and engorgement won't be much fun!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:46 AM

I had a tiny bit of pink on the TP this morning, but nothing more & nothing else new.  I was so excited for little bit, though!  Both DD1 & DD2 were born on Wednesdays...maybe tomorrow is the day.

User Tag List