August 2011 Whatever Ladies Having Babies - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 374 Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think we all have those family members. My sister isn't coming to my baby shower because she and her housemates are having a yardsale. That's right, a yardsale trumps her niece. and NO she didn't come to Gabe's either, or even tell me (even directly over facebook or on the phone or by text) that she wasn't coming. I figured it out because she made a FB event about the yardsale. go figure! I know it's the second baby, but I wish I had more people in my life as excited about this baby as I am. (DH is, I don't think my IL's are really) . . .but oh well. It still sucks to have to deal with those family members on occasion.

MW: Maternity photos are being done Monday after next. so I'll be almost 36 weeks. I figured that would be a good time. She is soooo active! I think she doesn't like how I'm sitting most of the time, but I have to lean forward to type.

Carrie, enjoy your snuggle time and the brief 2 handed moments! I remember DH feeding me spinach artichoke dip after Gabe was born, because I needed 2 hands to nurse sometimes.

Shannon, I am going to have to keep stalking this page! fx this is it and everything goes well.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#182 of 374 Old 08-18-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

My FIL hasn't said anything to me via phone call, email or on FB about Dylan. I have sent him photobucket albums plus posted on FB and Sean called him to tell him when D was born. He commented on the photo of Sean that I posted on FB so I know he's been on there. Apparently, his wife, who announced that she could not accept his kids as part of their family once they got married, even tried to get him to come here to help me for a bit but he chose to wait until Sean is home. Of course, he's made plans every year in the 5 years we've lived here to visit and hasn't come yet so I don't expect him to come then either. He's never met Kellen. I figure it's his loss, not mine.

How soon after giving birth do you all start to exercise? I'm feeling like I might be up to walking on the treadmill but I'm still bleeding. i had stopped until Sunday when I went grocery shopping and have been going ever since. My MW told me at 2w PP that more bleeding meant I was doing too much but I don't know if that still applies.
Baby_Cakes likes this.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#183 of 374 Old 08-18-2011, 01:21 PM

Well, I had a c-section, so I know the terms are different . . . I was bleeding for 4 weeks afterwards I think. then I had spotting at 6 and 10 weeks. I was up doing stuff, like Target and whatnot within the first week. I didn't really try to formally excersise for a couple months, but we did lots of walking.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#184 of 374 Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Oh I know when you're teasing, Alysia!  LOL - no worries!  Ha!  

Thinking of Shannon!  w00t!!

I'm pissed only b/c I wanted to be the one to announce the birth.  I don't really want ANY of my family knowing about him but whatever, they're just asshats and better to have them find out than not, I suppose.  At least I don't have to worry about it anymore.  My mom (who I haven't spoken to in ages, who didn't even congratulate me on the pg) sent me flowers.  Ha.  Nice.  Just enough of a gesture to cover her own ass but not a real "reach out and touch someone" sort of thing.

Anyway, I'm over it!  Might not seem like it, but it's just one of those things.  

Exercise.  Hm..  I think at least 4 weeks but get cleared by your HCP to start walking.  You might feel like a million bucks and like walking would be nothing, but ...I'd err on the side of caution.

AFM - Finn had his PKU and checkup today.  He has an odd rash my mw just isn't comfortable with, so I'm taking him in the morning to the ped.  Not looking fwd to that, but eh, whatever.  Have to get him in within the first week anyway, might as well do it sooner than later.  I think my milk is already starting to come in.  Finn is a champ with nursing.  Such a good deep latch.  I'm just waiting for engorgement, lol.  Nipple pain is there but manageable for the most part.

My bleeding is so minimal!  Its just like a normal AF.  Such a nice change.  I'm already just wearing a regular pad and underwear, and changing my pad only a few times a day.  I started taking my placenta capsules today as well, which can only help me feel stronger and more capable.  Mentally and emotionally I am just fine.  So far.  LOL.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#185 of 374 Old 08-18-2011, 06:49 PM

Oh Carrie I'm so beyond excited for you! That sounds exactly like the kind of labor I want to have. 

Ultrasound in 5 sleeps. I'm so excited! We've both been referring to it as a girl for the past week solid. It only gets a "he" designation the odd time. I don't know if it's instincts kicking in, or just me believing it must be a girl because of the hiding, but it's going to be a bit of a shock if it turns out to be a boy! The good thing about this company is that if they can't determine gender, they have you come back in for free another time to determine. 

Shopping was great in the states, we didn't really have a budget going down, and I didn't know what all I was going to buy, since you know, nothing fits, and I don't need any mat clothes... lol. It ended up being a "comfy" trip. I got two pairs of sweat pants from hollister (loooove even though I wish they weren't branded, they're the most comfortable), a hoodie, a pair of PJ pants, one dressy shirt that will work for both mat and afterwards, a crossover bra that will work great for nursing, one pair of mat legging capris, socks, a pair of slip on shoes, a pair of old navy flip flops... and then everything else was for the house, food, or baby. 

Baby only got a three pack of glass bottles (I was amazed how cheap- you guys are lucky! 3, for $5, but I pay about $5 each here), a set of spoons cheap, a three pack of basic white t-shirts, a 4pack of aden and anais swaddling blankets (thank you whomever mentioned target for them! I saved $25 for the pack from buying them here), and then I also bought a crib blanket. 

Which brings me to my vent. I've been talking to DH about the nursery "design". He keeps saying we can't pick anything until we know the sex, I said that doesn't make sense, since we've vetoed pink or purple, and I don't like yellow. So it's either blue or green. I picked out several photos of nurseries with very light blue walls, and said that was what I liked most, he agreed, so we went through and picked out some shades from our paint deck- and then said "ok, now we know generally what we're looking for when we go down". I wanted to buy a nice blanket to use for the crib, and then buy solid color sheets/curtains instead of buying a cutesy 'crib set' that comes with a dust ruffle and bumper and everything. 

So I started trying to point out blankets out for DH, and he pulls this "we can't pick anything out until after the ultrasound! How is it all going to match anyways?" *mama groans and tries not to explode* He tried to claim we hadn't decided on a color at all. It was definately not my finest pregnancy moment. I was practically seeing red in target, so angry because I knew we couldn't/shouldn't really buy any clothing, toys, accessories anything for baby- so I wanted to buy nursery stuff, which was why we had sat down beforehand to discuss... but then DH didn't remember any of it. Brutal. 

Anyways, happy to be home. We have the crib too, so I want to pull it out and look at the pieces. I'm still terrified it's somehow damamged from shipping. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#186 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 05:04 AM

JJ: much as I have found some crib sets that I absolutely *adore* - I agree they are a waste of money. You can't use the crib quilt until baby is a toddler, bumpers have to come off eventually (if they ever go on; we don't use them), diaper stackers - who uses those? - the only things I used out of our set -because I didn't like the valance that came in it either - was the sheet and dust ruffle. I do like the dust ruffle, because I store things under the crib and like to hide them a bit. But you can buy one separately, as well as cute sheets.

DH's can be oblivious! you left out some great colors, like orange and red! LOL but love the idea of dragonflies. too cute! and very GN. I didn't think I'd like so much pink, but I am surprising myself. Glad your shopping went so well!

Looking forward to your scan

Hope Shannon has some news soon!

#187 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
 I was practically seeing red in target, so angry because I knew we couldn't/shouldn't really buy any clothing, toys, accessories anything for baby- so I wanted to buy nursery stuff, which was why we had sat down beforehand to discuss... but then DH didn't remember any of it. Brutal. 

I don't blame you! OMG I HATE when they act like that.  Plus it's so hard not being able to BUY anything to begin with, so to hear you can't buy what you want even though it's just nursery stuff is such a buzzkill.  Ugh.  I feel for you.

I took Finn in today to the ped, and OMG.  I like our ped, I do.  But, I was taking him for a RASH.  It felt like they were looking for something to send me over to the hospital for, and kept asking these insanely dumb questions (his blood type which I do not yet have and his blood sugar level which was, of course, not checked at birth) and saying, "if it'd been a hospital birth, we would have had these tests done automatically," etc.  GAH.  So, now this afternoon I have to take him to get his bili level checked and have a possible heart murmur listened to.  I'm calling BS on both.  My mw would have heard a heart murmur in the 3 times she's checked his heart in the 2 days since he's been born.

Was just hoping to avoid this bs this time around!

Oh and I made it insultingly clear not to retract his foreskin and the ped looked at me like I was being offensive.  I don't care.  Don't touch my kid's penis.

Otherwise doing well.  Nora is adjusting so well to being a big sister which makes life feel amazing.  I'm probably going to feel exhausted as all hell from running around today, and hopefully I'll get to nap with Finn later.  We shall see.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#188 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Carrie, that would really piss me off - all of it! I mean, does Finn looked jaundiced? if not, is the bili really necessary? and they can't do that there? and the whole retraction issue - our ped didn't try with Gabe, thank goodness. One of the nice things about having a girl, is avoiding that issue. GRRR. hope you get your nap!

no news yet on Shannon I guess . . . will so many of us now having newborns we aren't nearly as hopping!

#189 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM

Katrina-- I'm super cheap, so that's my thing. lol. All the sets that I fall in love with are like $200. I just can't justify that to use half the pieces, especially when my MIL is a pretty decent seamstress, so I can get her to make valances, fitted sheets etc, if I need. She also works in a fabric store, so we've got access to tons of stuff. We're going back and forth on a dust ruffle right now, DH says no, but that was when the crib we were going to get had a drawer underneath. Now it doesn't... so I think I want to get one. But one of the home improvement blogs I read did a tutorial on how to make a straight one (without the frill) using only hem tape. That's my kind of sewing!

The room we're working with is super small, so we're trying to keep the colors light, which is one of the reasons we ruled out red-- I used to think it was a gorgeous color for a nursery, but I think now it would be too much. And I'm not an orange fan. Ironically enough though- we were sitting in the nursery planning out things last night, and DH admitted that as long as we kept the walls the same (they're a nice light grey), then he wouldn't mind doing soft pink accents for a girl. *head slap* lol. So I guess we're back to waiting before making any final decisions again. lol. If it's a girl it'll be light pink and grey, and a boy will be light blue and grey. 

Carrie: Ugh. It's not fair when perfectly educated people make it sound like homebirth is some backwoods movement, not a completely safe and acceptable alternative. Even the best people seem to have trouble with it, when there's no reason!

In totally other news, we dtd last night, and holy crap the contractions I got afterwards. It was crazy. I've had tiny little ones before, but barely noticable. These were pretty 'good'. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#190 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 11:13 AM

hmm. light grey with red accents could be nice - but you might be more limited in theme choices.

With DS, DH's grandma bought our crib set and the matching lamp . . . now I wish we could have convinced her to spend the $$ on something more useful.

We've not DTD except once in the last month I think . . .I'm curious because I feel more . . . open? . . . or something down there. which I remember feeling towards the end with DS also, but I think not quite at this point. which makes me wonder (and hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up) that this little girl will make an earlier arrival than her brother. 

oooh, fun contractions! I get some in the evenings, just sitting down. sometimes they are just tightening, sometimes cramping. nothing at all regular.

Only four? more days until your scan?! yay!

#191 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

carrie ~ i don't see why either of those tests are necessary. your MW would have picked up a heart murmur. they do look for that because i remember mine telling her assistant D did not have one when filling out paperwork. and the billi level, I wouldn't even begin to worry about that unless he was either extremely yellow or it had been 2 weeks and any jaundice wasn't getting better. What would happen if you just didn't go to the hospital? Different states might be different, IDK, but here in NC you are not required to get any medical attention for you child unless s/he is actually sick or injured and needs it. Unless the ped can give you an evidence based medical reason specific to Finn for why he needs those tests, I don't think you have to get them done.

JJ ~ I like the idea of gray with different accent colors. That leaves your option much more open and easier to change. You could do just about any other color with gray.

Waiting for news from Shannon and news about JJ's scan in a few days. joy.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#192 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 PM

Carrie- Finn is so squishy! Oh, so cute! 9lbs! Holy Christmas! You did it...right on his due date!! joy.gif What an awesome birth! 

Katrina--you look great!!! I can't believe how soon you will be holding your baby girl! 

Shannon-- Best wishes for a beautiful birth! Can't wait for the details!

As soon as the kids are back in school (yes, school, no homeschooling kids home with me this coming year), I'm going BOY shopping! My son came with my husband (package deal! lol)....so I don't have baby boy clothes at all. Only size 2T on....and even those, I think I gave away after our last DD (because we were sure she was our last!). Doh! So excited to meet my boy! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#193 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM

I took him to the hospital planning to just hit both departments, but it took 3 hours at the cardiologist.  I figured that was the more important test so I did that one first.  After 2 EKGs and a very detailed u/s, his heart is just fine.  THANK goodness.  But man, now I know what it feels like to overdo it!  Whew.  Woozy, exhausted, my stitches hurt, crying at nothing.  I think I deliriously referred to my baby as my elf of happiness to the ultrasound tech.  nut.gif   I texted chris from the hospital to freeze pads with witch hazel.  I came home and immediately rinsed my perineum with the comfrey sitz solution and threw on an adult diaper and a frozen pad.  Ahhhh relief!!!  Then he made me hot dogs and brought me a HUGE ice water.  He also thanked me for doing it all by myself and I started bawling.  Ahhhh postpartum emotions!!  LOL!

Idk if I can just not go get the bili test done.  I don't know what the ramifications are if I don't go.  Hmm.  Chris does NOT want to go, he wants to wait a few more days to see if his jaundice (that I personally don't even think is that noticeable, but what do I know) gets worse.  Now that my milk is in and he's having good breastmilk poops, I'm just going to sun him a few times a day and hopefully all that combined will help clear it up.  It's so stupid.  Ugh.  I know he's not lethargic and he's only a few days old.  Of course he's going to be yellow.  Sigh.

#194 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

all my babies were jaundice to some degree. ryan was kept in an incubator at the hospital. i don't know if that was routine or if his was more severe. i do remember having to take him to the ped every few days to have his billi level checked. he was fine and probably didn't need any of that but i was clueless back then. i didn't do anything special for the other 3. just nursed and indirect sunlight. kellen did get quite yellow at about a week but it cleared up quickly.

you could call the ped's office and tell them you aren't going for the test and your plan to nurse and sun to see how they react. won't you MW be coming to check on both of you? she should be able to check his color. that's what mine did.

i did the dumbest thing today. i tried my milkie milk saver for the first time. my storage bags were downstairs so i decided to leave the thing in my bra until i came down. that way i wouldn't have to carry it and the baby. i forgot about it and bent over to get something from the dresser and it all poured out on the floor. eyesroll.gif at least i know it works. btw, it does not come with storage bags. if you get it, you'll have to by bags separately.

which brings me to a question. for those of you who have stored breastmilk, can you add new milk to already stored milk from the same day? i'm thinking i'll probably only get 1-2 oz. collecting this way. that would mean a lot of separate bags if i stored each one separately.

#195 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM

MW: I combine milk from the same day. I have high lipase so if it won't be used within 24 hours, I freeze it. Which. May be why I have 40+ oz still frozen from DS, which need to be thrown out.

#196 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

how much do you store in one container? mine will all be frozen because i don't plan to use unless it's an emergency. it can only be kept for 6 months, right?

#197 of 374 Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 PM

Pumped milk can be added to frozen or cooled milk as long as it is cooled first.  Store in 2-5 oz increments.  Smaller amounts thaw faster and reduces the risk of having to throw out milk.

My bewbs are SOOOO engorged!  Finn tight lipped after one boob, so I tried pumping the other.  Got a whole ounce and a quarter!  Softened it a bit so he could have another go by the time I was done pumping.  I'm trying different holds this time, it's tricky.  I'm having so much trouble with the football hold.  I'm only able to do cradle hold and cross cradle, and side lying.  I'm really trying to tackle this football hold!  I think it would make my life easier and drain my breasts better.

I was clueless w/Nora (i think everyone is with their first, as hard as they try not to be) and did the whole going back for checks with her.  She never needed lights either.  I think I feel confident after taking a nap in just nursing, putting him in the sun, and seeing how he looks on Monday.  I would have called today but was at the hospital til 5, and the peds office was then closed.  They are closed on the weekend.  Their "answering service" IS the freaking hospital.  

If nothing else I can just say, hey, he's fine, I'm postpartum and didn't have the strength to go back to the hospital.  What are they going to do?  Srsly.

My mw saw him yesterday and said he looked absolutely fine.  Plus he is vigorous, not lethargic, and is nursing well, pooping and peeing well.  It just takes time.  People sure do freak out about jaundice, huh?

Spilling that milk would totally be something I would do, and I'd totally be upset/laughing about it at the same time!  Ha!

#198 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Ok, so I guess I'll freeze the milk in 2 oz. increments. If I get more than that from one collection, I'll store it all together. I did read that about cooling the milk before adding to already stored milk.

I don't see how anyone could do anything if you don't take Finn for that billi test, especially after your MW saw him and said he looks fine. There's no medical need for it at this point even if he is a little jaundice. I was reading that the level has to be very high for it to be considered a problem in the first place. I think by the time it got to that level you would know just by looking at him.

I can do the football hold with a pillow under my arm. I don't usually bother with it because it's more trouble to get baby into position than it's worth for me. i only do the cradle hold (i think, not sure what the cross cradle is) and lying down at night.

Shannon must have had her baby or she would have been on here telling us it didn't happen. smile.gif I keep checking FB but nothing on there, either.

#199 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 07:20 AM

Would you believe they called me today!?   My goodness.  I told them it took too long at the cardiologist and that my bleeding picked back up and I started feeling faint so I came home.  I said I was going to nurse and give him sunshine and if I felt it was necessary I'd take him on Monday.  He is NOT even that yellow.  If things start to change, then of course, I'll take him to get his level tested.  Of course the receptionist was like, the doctor might want you to go today.  I said I will NOT be going today, I'm 4 days postpartum and cannot be running around.  Finn is fine.  End of convo.  Freaking can of worms!! irked.gif

Yay, cant wait to hear from Shannon!!!!

#200 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

are they anti-homebirth? do they not understand that you are both being seen by the midwife quite often right now?

#201 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 08:07 AM

Piper Elizabeth is here!  Thurs at 2:32pm, 8lbs 3oz, 21in.  I called the mw & dh around 11am, but still thought it would be a while.  It really wasn't very intense...at each new stage I was like, "am I really here already?"  I went potty at 1:42pm & got in the tub after that.  My water broke w/the 1st ctx in the tub & I started really pushing after a couple more ctx.  I didn't have any back labor at all, & I think she actually swung around to the L, not the R like I was anticipating.  I did tear again in spite of  a very controlled delivery of her head while supported & in the water...I actually wonder if I tore w/her shoulders.  It's just 2nd degree & 3 stitches.  I'm staying in bed trying to keep pressure off the stitches as there's a good bit of swelling.  My mw was a bit concerned about how it looked yesterday but I think it's way better than it's been w/the other girls.  The girls came & watched after I was in the tub & are so sweet w/their new sister!   

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#202 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

joy.gif Congratulations, Shannon! You sure do go fast, huh? Will you post pics for us?

I tore every time with all of my vag births regardless of my position, perineal support and being in water. With Kellen I was told I didn't tear until his shoulders because they were so big. I only needed one stitch that time and this time, though, so maybe it was better than with Ethan in the hospital. I don't really know how many stitches I had then. I just remember swelling up like a grapefruit and the nurse I saw for my 6 week PP check saying, "Oh my! What did they do to you?!" Not the greatest thing to hear at such a time.

#203 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

are they anti-homebirth? do they not understand that you are both being seen by the midwife quite often right now?

They sure are seeming that way.

It seems like they just want numbers.  They want his bili number, some sort of number for his coombs test (??) his blood type, how many vessels his cord was.  Insane stupid stuff.  I'm officially looking for a new ped or family doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

Piper Elizabeth is here!  Thurs at 2:32pm, 8lbs 3oz, 21in.  I called the mw & dh around 11am, but still thought it would be a while.  It really wasn't very intense...at each new stage I was like, "am I really here already?"  I went potty at 1:42pm & got in the tub after that.  My water broke w/the 1st ctx in the tub & I started really pushing after a couple more ctx.  I didn't have any back labor at all, & I think she actually swung around to the L, not the R like I was anticipating.  I did tear again in spite of  a very controlled delivery of her head while supported & in the water...I actually wonder if I tore w/her shoulders.  It's just 2nd degree & 3 stitches.  I'm staying in bed trying to keep pressure off the stitches as there's a good bit of swelling.  My mw was a bit concerned about how it looked yesterday but I think it's way better than it's been w/the other girls.  The girls came & watched after I was in the tub & are so sweet w/their new sister!   

joy.gif I love her name!!!  Congrats and what a fast labor!!  Rest and enjoy her!!!

#204 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

They sure are seeming that way.

It seems like they just want numbers.  They want his bili number, some sort of number for his coombs test (??) his blood type, how many vessels his cord was.  Insane stupid stuff.  I'm officially looking for a new ped or family doctor.

hm...i wonder why they want all of that. i have never been asked for any of that.

#205 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Congrats MM! Love her name! Enjoy your snuggly new one!

Baby_Cakes, sorry you're having so much trouble with your ped's office. Your DS does not even look yellow in the pics you have posted. My DD looked a lot more yellow than that and her bili level was only 10 at it's highest. The NICU doc said he wouldn't do anything to treat it unless it got up around 15 since she was a healthy weight and a term baby.

I know we all love our babies but I'm just SO in love with my DD! And she has become a total mama's girl. joy.gif She will look up at me with this look of adoration and then grin and it just melts my heart! Good thing she's cute because she hardly sleeps so I'm not getting much done! Today I rocked her for two hours because she would fuss if I tried to do anything else! Still not able to get her to nurse but I offer her the breast every day. I have hope that she'll latch on one day.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#206 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Today I rocked her for two hours because she would fuss if I tried to do anything else! Still not able to get her to nurse but I offer her the breast every day. I have hope that she'll latch on one day.

have you tried a sling or wrap of some sort? whenever i'm having a hard time getting things done, i put baby in my wrap and we're good to go. i can do jst about any housework with him in that.

also, what about one of those nursing tube things you wear with the tubes at your nipples for baby to simulate nursing. why can't i remember the name of that thing? anyway, that might get her to associate food with your breast and you could slowly get rid of the tube thingie.

#207 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 02:11 PM

Congratulations, Shannon! Welcome to the world, Piper! We need pictures.....I'm in major baby lust right now after seeing my boy on the ultrasound. 

Carrie- that's such crap! Man oh man. My 3 had jaundice and we just did sunlight. I didn't realize docs/nurses make such a big deal of it....I thought it was very common shrug.gif

MW- okay, that made me laugh! That is definitely something I could see myself doing. Now you have me interested in those contraptions. I'm putting them on my list! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#208 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

kinder ~ here you go http://www.mymilkies.com/milksaver so far i've collected 1-2 oz. each time.

#209 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 08:31 PM

Finally on a computer where I can post a pic of DD!

apt.jpg

This was when she was still in the hospital but after her surgery.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#210 of 374 Old 08-20-2011, 08:40 PM

oh Annie, she's absolutely gorgeous. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page