August 2011 Whatever Ladies Having Babies - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else miss seeing their care provider so frequently? I was really bonded to my OB, especially after my somewhat traumatic birth and I miss seeing him! Was not expecting that!

Me, me, me!!  It's sad!  I really love my mw and though I know well stay in touch over the next few recovery weeks, I am really going to miss her.  I want to send her a nice thank you note and some sort of gift, but I'm having so much trouble thinking of something appropriate and ... sufficient.  How do you put a price tag or find something material that represents how someone completely healed your existing birth trauma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post
My thinking is that we should be fine, because the new baby won't actually be co-sleeping at first, I think. She'll be in the bassinet next to the  bed for a few weeks between nursing sessions. Any thoughts?

AFU: doing well, it's getting hard to believe for me that we've got only a little more than a month to go, and I am still wondering about when she'll come (not that I have any way of knowing ahead of time) I'm taking it easy right now, and plan to ramp up my activity around 37 weeks to help encourage things along.

Oooh, Carrie and MW: I've got hats done, just have to add the bits that make them look like owls! good thing ya'll have big babies, because I just used a 6-month head pattern and added the ear flaps, etc, since the original owl pattern only gave instruction for newborn sizing. the hats fit DS well, but he has a small head.

We have the cosleeper attached but so far he only naps in it sometimes and might start out the night in it.  It's so much easier to bed share.  I'm getting so much sleep -- once he's out, I'm afraid to move him to the cosleeper and wake him.  I'm so tired!  It's like, ok, the most important thing is everyone sleeps, right?  Then what does it matter where?!  

I would just keep your DS in b/w you and DH, and new baby on the other side.  Or however.  Just not let the toddler next to the baby, that sort of thing.  I think it'll be fine.  

And yay for the hat!  Oooh I can't wait!  Do you want me to paypal you anything for shipping or anything?  LMK.

JJ - bummer about the flu!!  UGH!  Nothing worse than being sick when pg, trust me, I know!  Hang in there.  Lots of rest, fluids, and whining.  That's what made  me feel better.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#242 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 07:03 AM

Hi everyone!

How is everyone doing - those with their new babies and those of us still waiting??  Man, I missed a few days and had a lot to catch up on!  LOVE the new baby pics.  

So not a lot new with us.  We started our renos on the weekend and I am still trying to recover.  I wish I was able to do more to help - but I can't.

Not sure why but my 2yo DD is Driving. ME. NUTS.!!!!!  She is super whinny and crying all the time for no reason and has to be picked - and suddenly she is scared of everything!  She was my tomboy - always loved bugs and frogs and getting dirty etc - now she freaks out if she walks on the grass and gets her feet wet!  Thankfully her big sister is helping out - she made a trail with the little board ends in the backyard so she could walk without getting her feet wet.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the baby or maybe she is feeding off of my stress or what it is  but I think I just might go crazy if it doesn't get better.  I am trying to think of a reason to take them to my mom's house for a few days to just get a break - although it is 2 hours away so it has to be a good reason to convince DH to take them there!

I had my apt with the OB on Friday - I have to go every 2 weeks now which seems early to me - I am 31 weeks - or maybe I am still trying to convince myself that I have lots of time left to get things done!  anyway hb was good - I think it was 145 - so higher than last time - it was 130 last time and I was convinced it was a boy since both my dds were like high 150s low 160s.  She checked baby's position and it is still breech but she said not to worry that it has lots of time to turn - when did your babies turn?  I have been wondering this for a while - I thought it should have turned by now but maybe not....I have read about different things to do to encourage the baby to turn - like positions to sit in etc - anyone have any suggestions?

When I hear everyone talking about the "baby girl' or "baby boy" it kind of makes me wish I had found out gender - but I think I would have regretted not having a surprise at the end.  My DH really didn't want to find out either so I went along with him - we didn't find out the last two times either.  I would be nice to be able to do more shopping though - but money is tight right now anyway so maybe it is a good thing!  I am having one baby shower before and one after so I will still get some gender appropriate things.

Well I guess that's it for now - I better stop before this turns into a novel!

Lindsay

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#243 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 07:18 AM

Lindsay, as far as turning, some don't turn until the very end, but your LO does have plenty of time to do so. My babies were both head down by the anatomy scan at 20 ish weeks. I think it's great if you can wait, I am just too impatient! and knowing helps me bond with the baby in utero I think. As far as HB goes, this little girl has been in the high 130's low 140's the last few times. I just started doing every 2 weeks, and I think I go to every week around 37 weeks? or something.

I will tell you, I DO NOT miss my old practice. I am looking forward to continuing to meet all the doctors at the new one. I love my main doctor's nurse, she is great! I will miss my doula, but I'm sure we'll stay in touch. I want to get her something too, but sure what. I haven't even got to the birth part yet, and already her help and support have been invaluable to me.

Carrie, It won't weigh very much so don't worry about shipping. when it's all done I'll PM you (and MW) for mailing addresses. I've really enjoyed making them - it's nice to make something useful, that's the problem I have with crocheting, I need to be doing something productive, can't just work on an endless afgan or something.

I do really think we'll be fine. With DS I sat up to nurse until we figured out the sidelying bit around 3 months, so I always transferred him to the cosleeper after feedings. Once we did figure out nursing lying down, he was in the co-sleeper at first and then in bed with us once he woke for the first feeding. DS was like your Finn, from very early doing 4 hour stretches at night, usually 2 good ones, which means I got enough sleep at night to be able to function and be bored during the day, since I didn't need to catch up on sleep then. I hope DD is similiar!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#244 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 07:23 AM

Carrie:  Yay!!!! for good test results!

Lindsay: IMO, the sooner the better for efforts to turn baby.  GL!

MW:  Sorry about your dad stress.  My mom leaves tomorrow & I have mixed feelings.

We're planning on going  to the health dept this afternoon to file for the birth cert.  Wish me luck!  I've barely been out of the bedroom let alone out of the house.  AND that hurricane keeps looking bigger & more likely to hit here.  irked.gif

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#245 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ I missed seeing my MW all the time after I had K but not so much this time. I think that's totally normal, though. You're used to getting lots of caring attention that's all focused on you from someone and then it's all of a sudden gone. That can take some adjustment. I think it's part of the normal sort of let-down after having baby. But, then, I do sort of miss being pg. As hard as it is, I really enjoy it.

Kat ~ Yay for the hat! Can't wait to get it. WRT co-sleeping, I now have D, K and E in bed with me. I think as long as you have room and everyone is comfortable and sleeping it's fine. Just don't sleep with baby next to the other kid. I do sometimes put D in between me and K to nurse but I don't fall asleep and I move him back to the other side when he's done. The only problem we have is that both boys want to be next to me and that, obviously, can't happen. I have gotten E to agree to sleep on the outside because he's the big brother, man of the house now. winky.gif When it was just E and K it was easy, peasy, no trouble at all. Remembering the struggles I had getting Ryan to sleep in his own bed and the bed hopping we did when we tried to get E and K to sleep in their own beds just a few months ago, I know it would be way too much stress and lost sleep for me to try to get my boys to sleep in their own rooms.

Linsday ~ I don't think you really need to worry about baby being head down until 37+ weeks. Even if s/he is head down now, s/he could still fip back and forth several times before settling in. Of course, there's nothing wrong with doing things now to encourage him/her to flip.

JJ ~ Sorry you are sick and that we have to wait one more day to know about your little one. Drink tons of water, for the sickness and the swelling.

Shannon ~ I had mixed feelings about my mom leaving, too. She was really starting to get on my nerves and I wanted my home and my kids back but it was nice having someone here doing everything for me. When I told my dad she had pretty much done everything while she was here, his response was, "She spoiled you. I'm not going to spoil you." He was semi joking but he also meant it, if that makes any sense. That's the kind of person he is. He doesn't really have any clue (and why would he?) of how it feels to have just had a baby.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#246 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 AM

MW: I still miss L!  lol.gif

So no trip today after all.  The lady at the health dept is mailing us the form & it doesn't sound like we'll have to go in at all. shrug.gif Seems a bit odd to me   but I won't complain!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#247 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post

MW: I still miss L!  lol.gif

me, too. i miss M, too, but since i won't be seeing her anymore greensad.gif i don't miss my visits so much. i'm really not looking forward to driving 50+ minutes for my 6w pp check up.

are you ready for the hurricane? i had no idea it was expected to hit so soon. i don't know what to get to prepare and i'm not rushing out to the store now anyway. i'm not good at doing rushed, spur of the moment things without a new baby, much less with. my dad is now laid up because he hurt his back so he can't do any emergency shopping.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#248 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 11:14 AM

MW: as long as you have enough food/beverage for  a couple days you should be fine, especially if they are things you can eat or drink without electricity (think cold sandwiches, grilling things, etc) IF the hurricane hits, we always filled the tub with water before hand to use the water to flush the toilet, incase the water gets shut off. and have candles/flashlights/oil lamps handy. we also kept board games and books at the ready. Or whatever things might occupy the kids inside without power. charge cell phones as well as you can.

I don't believe in uber preparing for a storm - half the time it doesn't make landfall where "they" think it will, and you end up with a bunch of stuff you don't need anyway.  I really should check out its path, you never know, could come this way.

Shannon, I love getting out of the house! but I'm weird like that; so not a homebody.

re: co-sleeping - it's honestly enough for me (I think us; DH hasn't really complained) that we get the bed to ourselves at least part of the time. I think all of us - DS included - sleep better having our own space sometimes, and DH and I aren't really adventurous when it comes to where we DTD, especially now we share a house with his parents, so we do need the bed to ourselves once in a while. Maybe not the room, but at least the bed.

I need more sleep!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#249 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

DH and I aren't really adventurous when it comes to where we DTD, especially now we share a house with his parents, so we do need the bed to ourselves once in a while.

Hehe...yeah, don't want the ILs to catch you on the kitchen table.

Honestly, I have no idea what we'd need as far as food goes for everyone for a few days. Everything we eat that's not just a snack has to at least be heated. I don't go crazy running to the store to stock up, either, but I don't want to be stuck with nothing and I woke up this morning thinking that I needed to go to the grocery store anyway. I realized I hadn't gone last weekend. My dad has been going every other day and it's got me confused about what we have and what we need. I like to do one big shop once a week rather than running to the store all the time for this and that.

#250 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 PM

I'm the same way; I feel we spend way more $$ if we make tons of small trips. Grocery stores and the comissary get mad crazy at just the bare threat of a storm. I wouldn't want to go out in that.

#251 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Did you feel the earthquake? I was sitting on my couch and felt it shake. Thought I was crazy until my neighbor called to ask me if I felt it. It was very mild here but still weird.

I just got off the phone with Sean. He gave me a list of things to get at the store. We have enough food and water for probably a day. If I can make it to the store tomorrow, I'll get a little more stuff.

#252 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Check me out! Nursing in the wrap hands free. I got Dylan put in the wrap and waited until he wanted to nurse. It took me a few tries but I finally got it to work.

#253 of 374 Old 08-23-2011, 07:23 PM

MW, good for you! I'm getting better about getting DD in the Moby while we're out but it's still a pain. Definitely buying a sling.

I'm only about 20 miles from the epicenter so I really felt it! Pretty crazy!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#254 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 AM

MW: I didn't feel a thing, although some people here did.

and go you on nursing in your wrap! fantastic! Especially with trying to run after DS all the time, I am going to have to work nursing while standing/moving.

Maybe the hurricane will go out to sea, and none of us need worry. though DH said he wouldn't mind some of the rain :)

Nothing new here; have doc appt this afternoon, to which my doula is coming also. yay!

JJ: looking forward to your news!

oh, am 35 weeks! that's something! baby will be here in about a month, oh my!

ETA: bump pic!a8af7e30.jpg

#255 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ I saw a thing the other day about how you can make a wrap into a ring sling without any sewing. You just thread it through the rings. Buying just some rings might save you some money if your wrap is long enough. You have to make sure you get strong enough rings. I saw a website for some. I'll see if I can find it. I was thinking of trying it with my wrap because I'd like a woven cotton ring sling in addition to my solarveil.

Here's a link to directions on how to do a new-sew ring sling: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/no_sew.html There's a link toward the bottom of that page to a place where you can get rings. I'm pretty sure that's the person who made my solarveil sling.

And, in case you want more info or directions on using your wrap (I don't know how much direction you get with the Moby), here's a link to that: http://wrapyourbaby.com/index.htm I think the Ellaroo is the wrap I have, too. Funny how I came across the two places I used before without realizing it. lol.gif

Kat ~ I'm sure we'll get some rain here. My dad said the news last night said the hurricane was then expected to hit about 80 miles off the coast of the outer banks. Of course, all of that could change between now and when it gets here. Sean was asking about getting everything in the yard and the porch secured. I told him that was just not going to happen. Sorry, but I'm not going out there in this heat with a new baby and try to move everything around. I will ask the boys to put their little stuff in the box back there but that's it. I was thinking yesterday how interesting it is that all of my neighbors say they will help me out but when the time comes no one is available. It sure would be helpful if one of the men would come over and do that for me.

#256 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 AM

And I suppose your dad can't because of his back? Will Ryan come help? - in the event you get some wind there, anyway.  Rain is not really the problem.

You can wrap a moby like sling see here so you get the effect of a ring sling without having to do rings. I'm sure you could do it with any sort of wrap, so long as you had enough length.

I don't mind wrapping honestly, I just would rather not :) hence the search for baby k'tan as cheap as possible!

#257 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 AM

lurk.gif I am loving all the babywearing talk!  I still have to find all my wraps.  I haven't even looked yet.  One of my friends from my Oct 08 DDC sent me a sleepywrap and a kangaroo pouch but I have to wash them first before getting to know how to use them.  I have my RS, though, if I really needed something.  I don't want to jinx it but Finn is so freaking mellow, I can put him down all the time!  I haven't needed to wear him to get anything done.

I totally overdid it yesterday.  So much for feeling fine!  I cleaned, vacuumed, unloaded/loaded the dishwasher, and threw together some wash.  Last night my bleeding was back to bright red and in the middle of the night some clots came out.  Sigh.  I am feeling so good I just want to get back to normal activity.  I don't want to run a marathon but taking care of some light housekeeping should be fine, lol!  Sigh.  Lazy for a few more days I suppose.  I can't really complain.

JJ - AHHH!  Can't wait to hear your news!!

Kat - NICE bump!! When are your pics again?  Where are you having them done?

I felt the earthquake!  I was really confused and thought I was having an episode.  lol.gif

Did I ever post the link to Finn's full birth story? I don't think so.  Eh, if I did sorry, here it is again.  LOL!! 

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1326408/the-birth-of-finnley-dax-my-due-date-baby

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#258 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I kept doing that. I was feeling good, wanted to do something and my bleeding would come back. A few times it has even happened after I had no bleeding for a couple of days. That's still happening to me at 4 weeks PP. I hadn't bled for two days, came back from TKD Monday night and was bleeding and I wouldn't think of taking the kids to TKD class as strenuous. I didn't have to carry anyone or anything other than Dylan. shrug.gif So, keep that in mind. Even if you don't bleed for an extended period, don't assume that you are all healed.

Yeah, Kat. My dad can't do anything. He can barely move. Can't really sit, stand or walk. Can't get dressed. His back is so bad that he's visibly crooked. He won't go to my chiropractor, though. Guess he'd rather suffer. eyesroll.gif

ryan is here staying for a couple days while his roommate's mother visits. he got here last night after i was in bed and he's not up yet. i plan to ask him to help but i'm not counting on it. maybe he'll surprise me.

even when i'm exhausted i'm still able to handle things better when i put D in the wrap. once he's asleep i can put him down. the problem is that E and/or K make so much noise they wake him up. when he's in the wrap he doesn't wake up even if i yell. i've also discovered that i can knit while wearing him. smile.gif

#259 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Carrie - pics are Monday, at JCPenney. I'm excited! (plus right now they have a coupon for 50% off everything! which means I can order 2x what I would've budgeted for otherwise!)

It's easy to overdo it; With DS, he was like your Finn, I could and did put him down alot in the house, but when we were out of the house I wore him, which maybe why I didn't and don't babywear as much as some mamas.

Hopefully Ryan will help a bit when he wakes up. One can hope!

#260 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:

Carrie - pics are Monday, at JCPenney. I'm excited! (plus right now they have a coupon for 50% off everything! which means I can order 2x what I would've budgeted for otherwise!)

Are you thinking of bringing any props with you?   I didn't, I just went with that gauze stuff they had.  Aw, I can't wait to see your pics!!

Yeah, def taking it much easier today.  Chris goes back to work next Wed so I really want to be all healed up by then (as much as I can be, rather).  

We had our first "family visit" this afternoon and it went well!  Chris's aunt came by with my MIL and they hung out for a few hours.   Baby slept, ate, opened his eyes, looked cute.  It was nice.  He was quite the good baby.  winky.gif  Then he had a serious boob-a-thon and is now conked out in the swing.

Oh -- his cord stump fell off today!  happytears.gif  Time goes by so fast!  Feels like I was JUST complaining about wanting to have him, and already his cord is gone.  Wah.

#261 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 02:49 PM

Gah, I don't know if we should stay or evacuate for the hurricane.  I'm afraid it's going to make landfall over us, and we are quite near the coast after our recent move.  But going for a loooooong drive with a sore perineum & a newborn just sounds awful.  

My mom left today; glad her flight was enough in advance of the weather not to be affected.  I've been up a lot more today, but I don't have much energy.  A couple of hours of "up" time & I'm ready to crawl back in bed with baby!

Carrie: Piper lost her stump early this morning!  I think she's going to have a two phaser, though.  

#262 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

I decided to go outside while I had D in the wrap and see if I could get some things picked up and secured. It felt pretty easy to pick things up and move them around. However, when I came in and used the bathroom I was bleeding and passed a small clot. That's after not bleeding all day today. so, yeah, thanks hubby, for telling me to go out there and do that.

my dad told me that if his back feels better, he's going to go home friday. he wants to be when the hurricane hits jic. he's going to leave me alone with 3 small children. irked.gif

#263 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 04:14 PM

Shannon, if you want to evacuate, I do so sooner than later, otherwise traffic will be insane. Up to you; living in J'ville I think we went through at least a handful of hurricanes. Most of them were fine, even if they went right over us. but we were out towards Richlands, so I don't know if that makes a difference. We did lose power and water several times though.

MW: does it make you want your mom back? Just curious! and taking it easy would be hard with three small boys (except for the nursling, since he's not mobile yet!)

Carrie, not bringing any props per se; just DS. trying to figure out what to wear. I know I'll wear my denim skirt, it's more of an underbelly so no maternity panel to scrunch down. I think I'll wear a solid color shirt, trying to decide if black or white would be better. And what to put DS in? I  think his denim shorts (so we sort of match) and one of his nicer button down shirts . . .I think. Blue. I thought of bringing a pink ribbon to put around my belly, but I think maybe not.

awww for stumps falling off! it's bittersweet. glad your family visit went well, My difficulty will be in keeping family away (hard when you live with them)

Appointment went well today, weight is actually up a couple lbs for once! it's the first change this whole pregnancy! - well since I've been seeing the docs at 8 weeks. Blood pressure is good, baby girl's heart rate is good, she seems to be head down. This doc (there are several in the practice) likes VBAC mamas to have epidurals, but doesn't require it. If you say you don't want it, he's really good at honoring your wishes. Which I appreciate.

Next appointment (36 weeks their dates, 37 mine) is the GBS swab. yay. and I'm still measuring a bit ahead - 36 weeks - but that's fine I think.

JJ: no news yet???

#264 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, where's JJ?

Kat ~ Glad your appointment went well and all is good.

It does make me want my mom back. It was so nice having someone do everything so I could just focus on my new baby and recovering. I did miss E and K, though. They love Grandma so were fine spending all their time with her. I love that they love her so much but I felt so disconnected from them. greensad.gif

I'd wear a white shirt for the photos but I like white better. I think it's good to match as much as possible. With only 2 or 3 people it's not that big of deal but with our family now we have to match for photos or it looks a mess.

I keep considering evacuating. I could go to my stepsis' in Raleigh. It would be such a pain, though, getting there and staying there. The idea of being there for possibly days without my baby gear is too daunting. The latest I read was that the Outer Banks would be hardest hit. I have a feeling we are going to get a strong storm but not major hurricane damage (unless the storm shifts, of course). I can understand why you'd be more concerned, though, Shannon. If you guys need to get a bit further away from the coastline but don't need to go too far, you are welcome to come here.

D's cord stump fell off at day 5. I was surprised at how soon. His belly button bled for 3 weeks, though. That worried me a bit but it wasn't flowing. It just got crusty sometimes. My MW said it was normal and fine and it did eventually stop.

#265 of 374 Old 08-24-2011, 10:33 PM

BROWN, JENINE_22.JPG

We were right! It's funny how people's big reason for not finding out is "but you ruin the surprise!" and for us even now, she was like, 'you're having a baby.... girl!', and we were both kind of like uh huh. Yeah, we know. Like the last few weeks even without -knowing-, we both just felt so confident it felt like a girl. 

BROWN, JENINE_4.JPG

The ultrasound itself (business really, I guess) was a bit disappointing. DH hated the tech, even though I didn't mind her, hated the room, the way the whole thing was set up, and then to top things off... it turns out the gift certificate we have... is totally written to look like it was $120, but it was actually only $20... so we paid $100 freaking more than we thought. As much as I loved being able to see the baby (and have the chance to see gender), I honestly don't think I would have booked it (or at least not the package I did!) if I had known we were going to pay so much out of pocket. The packahge we chose was $125-- so we thought we were just paying the taxes and $5... but different from $105 and taxes. 

Anyways... the point is that baby girl is freakin cute. I think she's going to look a lot more like DH than me, which is nice to see! I was a cute toddler, but quite an ugly baby. lol. And she already has so many of my mannerisms. Tried to spend the whole ultrasound sleeping with her arms up by her face, or tucked under her chin, which is how I sleep. 

Also, the girl that was doing the ultrasound is a former midwife (she quit to do this business), and she shared my outrage at not getting a midwife, and suggested calling back again now, since it's around the time when people will be risking out to OB's and hospital births, so I might have a shot. So I'm going to give it one last ditch effort tomorrow, but I'm not really getting my hopes up. I also have my last OB appt tomorrow before switching to the new one. Nerve wracking!

Other than that... just super freaking excited to be able to go through all our clothes and supplies now and sort out what to keep and what to store or give away. yay for organizing! We've got to empty out the basement so DH can get started on the reno's down there now that the outside of the house is pretty much done.

I'll have to catch up with everyone else tomorrow, it's definately bedtime now!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#266 of 374 Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 AM

JJ, yay for baby girls! Don't use that pic too much to guess who she is going to look like. I was convinced that DD was going to be a spitting image of DH from her 3D pics and when she was born, she looked just like my younger brother!

Akind1, thanks for posting that link. I remembered seeing something like that but couldn't find it on the US site.

AFM, I babysat my 17 month old goddaughter yesterday because her mom had to have a minor surgery. Boy, was that hard! Doing that age spread all the time would be rough! And she's a good toddler! I was really sore at my incision site last night and I had a lot of yellow discharge. Wish I could take it easy today but it's DD's cardiology appt today which always drains both of us.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#267 of 374 Old 08-25-2011, 01:22 AM

1ht @ 4 am on my phone but I have to say. YAYYYYY!!U Were right!! What clear pics!! GL with the mw again. Anything is possible. Have hope!joy.gif

#268 of 374 Old 08-25-2011, 03:35 AM

JJ: yay! on pink!

DH said he "knew" from conception that this baby was a girl, but I wasn't convinced until the ultrasound. Didn't want to get my hopes up!

Annie, 17 months and a newborn would be tough! take it as easy as you can.

Carrie, yay on Finn sleeping some in the co-sleeper!

I am up early in the hopes of a nap later, fx! Had some strong BH contractions last night. I don't remember them being that way until 37/38 weeks with DS, so maybe, just maybe, this baby will want to come a little early or at least close to on time! not counting the chickens before they hatch though.

#269 of 374 Old 08-25-2011, 04:11 AM

JJ:  Congrats on the GIRL!  joy.gif

Yeah, the forecast this morning has me more concerned for sure.  Kat, we used to be in Richlands, 5 mins from the airport, but now we are in Swansboro.  While we aren't right on the water, we're only a few miles inland.  And Irene looks like she's headed straight for us.  yikes2.gif  Off to drag my tired body around the house to take inventory pics...

#270 of 374 Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 AM

DH's grandpa is in Hubert, hopefully he will be ok; his wife is chronically ill so don't know if they will Evac or not. maybe should have him call . . .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page