The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread in Summer/Autumn 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 194 Old 08-05-2011, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the SUMMER/AUTUMN 2011 EDITION Thread Mamas!!
Looking forward to adding some of our BSLs to the list over here,
we need some new babies!

This is a spinoff of the Bitter Sushi Ladies Thread over on the TTC board. Some of us have very happily made it to the "other side" and we want to be able to keep track of each other.

Our fellow BSLs that are still on their TTC journey like to check up on us from time to time too - which we really appreciate - since they continue to be in the midst of a sometimes brutal and just "NOT FAIR" TTC journey...

~Our November 2011 Babies~

Congrats to miriam_bat_avraham, welcome Talulah and Susannah!

Born November 11th at 9:18 and 9:19

4lbs 12oz and 5lbs 5oz

~Our September 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Jane, and Welcome Baby Boy!

Born September 30th, weighing 7lbs 5oz

~Our July 2011 Babies!~

Congrats to Tear78 and Welcome Anika!

Born on July 15, weighing 5 lbs 9oz

Congrats to Maurine and Welcome Phin!

Born on July 20

~Our June 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to slylives and Welcome Cameron!

Born on June 15th at 9:39pm weighing 9lbs 15oz

~Our April 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Kalamos23, and Welcome Baby Boy!

Born April 28 at ??pm weighing ??lbs ??oz and, ?? inches long

~Our March 2011 Babies~

Congrats to Nanette, Welcome Tristan Alexander and Cael Elijah!

Born March 18th at 6 lbs 11 ounces and 7 lbs 4 ounces respectively

19 and a half inches and 20 and 3/4 inches long

~Our February 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Finnegansmom, and Welcome Henry Beckett!

Born Feb 19 at 4:02am weighing 10lbs 5oz and, 22 inches long

~Our January 2011 Baby!~

Congrats to Jessica, and Welcome Asher Kingston!

Born January 20 at 9:18pm weighing 8lbs 5 oz, 21 inches long

~Our December 2010 Baby!~

Congrats to QBear'smama and Welcome Jack Everett

Born on December 17th, 9lbs 2.5 oz, 22 inches long

~Our November 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to KellyTTC#1 and Welcome Hilary and Charlotte

Born on November 11th, Hilary (6 lbs. 11 oz.) and Charlotte (5 lbs. 1 oz)

~Our October 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Carlyle and Welcome Baby Maggie
Born on October 9th, 11 pounds 2 ounces!

Congrats to Lyndzies and Welcome Baby Cadence James
Born on October 15th, 8:43pm, 10 pounds 9 ounces, 22 inches

Congrats to YummyYumYumMama and Welcome Baby Kieran
Born on October 27th, 11:32am, 5 pounds 12 ounces 17 inches

~Our September 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to Maeryn Pearl and Welcome Baby Maeryn Jean
Born on September 27th, 7lbs6oz and 20 in long

~Our August 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to colorbywords and Welcome Baby Emery Oaklynn
Born on August 3rd at 8:46 PM, 8 lbs 11 oz 20.5 inches long

~Our July 2010 Baby!~
Congrats to LZP and Welcome Baby Anna Veronica
Born at 36 weeks on July 18th at 4:04 AM, 7 lbs 2 oz 17.5 inches long

~Our June 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Pinoikoi and Welcome Baby Ursula Marisol
Born on June 23rd at  6:40 AM 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches long 

Congrats to Lisko15 and Welcome Baby Caleb Benjamin
Born on June 24th at 7:36PM 9 lbs 1 oz, 22 inches long

~Our May 2010 Babies!~

Congrats to Jelinifer and Welcome Baby Finnegan Hubert
Born on May 1st, 8 lbs 10 oz, 21 1/2 inches long 

Congrats to jillc512 and Welcome Baby Albert Boaz
Born at home on May 4th at 3:29 pm, 8 lbs 11 oz, 20 3/4 inches long

Congrats to Starkyld and Welcome Baby Elliott Marlowe
Born at home  May 25th at 9:24AM, 9lbs 8 oz 21 inches long 

~Our February 2010 Baby~
Congrats to Lauren31 Welcome Baby 
Born February 7th at 10:40PM, 7 lbs 12 oz, 20 1/2 inches long

And the rest of us... still waiting... 

Hykue TTC #1 with 1 loss, due 10/30 stork-suprise.gif

millefleur TTC #1 again since 6/09 after 12/08 loss, due October 31st! stork-boy.gif

Rachel88 TTC #1 for a year with 1 loss, due November 20th stork-suprise.gif

MahnaMahna Dionna, TTC #2 with DH for 18+mos, due at the end of November stork-suprise.gif

lavatea due December 17th with a boy! stork-boy.gif

Sweet.Bee TTC #2 for a year, due January 15th stork-girl.gif

Kyamo TTC #1 for 1.5 years, due March 7th stork-boy.gif

sweetest77 TTC #3 for 2+ years with one loss, expecting our rainbow1284.gif baby in May 2012 stork-suprise.gif

CA Country Girl TTC #2 for 18 months, due in June 2012 stork-suprise.gif

LessTraveledBy due with #2 in June 2012 stork-suprise.gif

Our thoughts are with
Enigo ~  April 2010 ~
We hope to have you back with us very, very soon.

As always, we are sending a whole lot of  to you Ladies over on BSL Proper.
PLEASE GET OVER HERE to keep us company!!!!!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#2 of 194 Old 08-05-2011, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to summer/autumn (for those in the northern hemisphere)!

Looks like we won't have a new baby born until October, and then we're in for tons over the following months. smile.gif

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#3 of 194 Old 08-05-2011, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the new thread. smile.gif

If you want to update my info, my official due date is Dec. 17th, and I'm having a little boy.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#4 of 194 Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you for taking over the thread, Sweet.Bee! blowkiss.gif It looks great! smile.gif It's really fun to see Anika on the front page, thank you!

It's funny, I remember when Maurine and I first joined the thread it was kind of slow because there weren't too many new grads, and then there was a big boom. joy.gif I'm looking forward to watching all your babies grow! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#5 of 194 Old 08-05-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

lavatea, I've updated you!

Tear, hope your little girl is growing well. They change so fast at that age, so I tried to take at least one photo a day of our son for the first year. winky.gif

So, I felt a kick 2 days ago (before then, it was just flutters here and there). It was cute, though ever since then I've been peeing what seems like every few minutes. I wonder if baby got nice and comfy on my bladder. orngtongue.gif

Oh, and belly pic from last Sunday (16 weeks).

6253746b_722909

Hope everyone is well. Please check in to say how you're doing. smile.gif

#6 of 194 Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Thanks for the new thread, SweetBee.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#7 of 194 Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

I had my 17-week appointment this morning. Everything is going well. Baby is growing and was even getting comfy all stretched out. smile.gif

The doctor says it could be a girl but is not making it certain yet. Question pic here.

#8 of 194 Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, so I just added boy/girl stork icons to list of pregnant ladies. I had to do some stalking. If I got anything wrong for those with a blue/pink icons or if you have a ? icon and want to update, let me know. smile.gif

So far, team blue is ahead, even with miriam's twin girls up there. orngtongue.gif

#9 of 194 Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 AM

#10 of 194 Old 08-14-2011, 02:17 PM

This whole post makes me just SO HAPPY!!!  Yay for both of you.  orngbiggrin.gif  (I still don't look clean and neat and put together in any circumstances, and my baby is 10 months old!)  Miriam, I'm so happy to see you being more than cautiously optimistic too...I remember that shift for my sister and it makes me so happy to see it for you too!  Can't wait to see pictures of your babies orngbiggrin.gif.

C

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Thanks for the new thread, Bee! Also-- can you remove "cautiously" from my bio now? I'm going to make an attempt to be less superstitious and more optimistic smile.gif

A quote from the last thread:

I would like to add that Phin is even cuter in person and that all the ladies at the LLL meeting complimented Maurine on looking so clean and neat and put together for being the mom of a 3-week-old and that it sounds like she's doing absolutely the right thing with how she's managing their breastfeeding issues smile.gif

It was really neat to bump into her there, and I definitely had that surreal moment of "I can't believe we're both HERE, now!" I really hope for everyone who hasn't yet made it to the grads thread to have that moment, and soon.

Afm-- 25 weeks tomorrow! Yesterday was my baby shower. It was wonderful just to be with all my family and friend's and to celebrate our little girls together. Today I have the fun task of sorting through all the gifts with my mom and cousins so we can start piling things into the car when we leave Tuesday (we're at my parents' beach house for the weekend). It gets so real when you finally have "baby stuff" around!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#11 of 194 Old 08-14-2011, 03:34 PM

So happy to hear from you, MBA. I've been missing your posts.

My daughter took a picture of me yesterday at 22 weeks. I'll try to post it Tues or Wed. Have to get ready for work now. eyesroll.gif

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#12 of 194 Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM

#13 of 194 Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, updated! I actually did it yesterday, but then we got distracted with building our new grill, so I didn't have the chance to post.

Maurine, your birth sounds a lot like mine last time. My son was 2 weeks early, and the labor lasted just over 2 hours, strong from the beginning.

miriam, are you busy setting up the nursery now? The baby room is still the "box room" (lots of old boxes and things we need to move into the basement) for us. orngtongue.gif I want to start decorating, but my husband says we need to be sure it's really a girl first.

lavatea, can't wait to see your belly pic!

Not much going on with me. As said, I'm eager to start setting up the nursery. We'll try to confirm girl at the next appointment (3 weeks from today / 21 weeks). Well, baby looks like a girl to me, but my husband isn't buying it until the doctor makes a definitive declaration. And there are so many cute girly things tempting me right now!

#14 of 194 Old 08-20-2011, 07:59 PM

#15 of 194 Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Sorry it's taken me a week to post the picture I promised. I feel like I had a "skinny" week, so I don't think I look any different this week at 23 weeks than I did in this picture at 22.

#16 of 194 Old 08-23-2011, 04:43 PM

Hi everybody! I only have a minute, and I'm woefully behind with posting. Hands-free computer time is hard to come by lately. winky.gif But I wanted to share two stories.

The first one is a melt-my-heart amazing Mommy moment. Last night my parents were over and Anika was fussing and crying in their arms (sorry Nana and Grandpa!) so I took her and walked around with her. After a minute she paused in her crying and looked right up in my face with big, wide eyes and studied me for a long time. Then she let her head drop forward on my chest, pulled her body close, and was totally quiet and content. awwwwwwwww, what a sweetie!!!!! love.gif My heart just about burst with love!

Secondly, I noticed that my bleeding was slowly tapering off but in the last day or two it started to get red again, albeit still pretty light. My OB says it's possible that it's the start of my period, though unlikely since I'm breastfeeding. Well now for the past couple hours I've had some slight period cramps. bigeyes.gif Seriously...at five and a half WEEKS?! yikes...we'll see.

Love you ladies, gotta go! blowkiss.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#17 of 194 Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM

#18 of 194 Old 08-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
 Then she let her head drop forward on my chest, pulled her body close, and was totally quiet and content. awwwwwwwww, what a sweetie!!!!! love.gif My hurt just about burst with love!

Love you ladies, gotta go! blowkiss.gif

Okay, that is the sweetest thing I've read all day!  AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW MWUH!  Isn't it the best?

Period at 5 weeks?  Not the best.  Are you still resting up and taking it easy?  That does seem waaaaay too early.  My body waited until a stately 3 months until my first period the first time around.  And I felt totally annoyed at the time!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#19 of 194 Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:

Amanda-- love the scrubs wink1.gif My friend (who is also named Julie and having a girl and is due four days before me and works at my OB office, lol) says scrubs are the best thing ever in pregnancy because they're so comfy. I'm going with skirts and sundresses myself on the same principle!

Tear-- my parents are also going to be Nana and Grandpa :) and what a sweet story! Ahhhhh, I can't wait for our little snuggly beebs to be here...

Ha! The scrubs are comfortable, but I was only wearing them for work. Lol. Actually, that particular top is starting to get snug. I'm wearing it tonight in fact, and I think it's about time to retire it in favor of a new top. Maybe a navy undershirt with an open light blue button scrub top. IDK, we'll see. In my regular life I'm wearing low-rise jeans or shorts with old maternity t-shirts from my previous pregnancies. I also have quite a few dresses and skirts I've been sporting this summer. Probably the most I've worn skirts/dresses in years.

Loved your story, Tear.

#20 of 194 Old 08-29-2011, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

miriam, glad your nursery is going well. I'm still on redecorating our son's room (moved out changing table and one closet, and bought him lots of storage cubbies for toys in their places), so the baby room is just a mess of random furniture and some boxes we need to move into the basement. So much to do!

Tear, yay for cuddles! Those are the sweetest moments.

lavatea, you look nice and pregnant. I still have to lift my shirt for the belly pics to really see a bump. Speaking of which. . .

LL

20 weeks (yesterday). I've noticed that the rest of me is getting fat faster than the bump. I really should lock up the ice cream. orngtongue.gif

#21 of 194 Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM

Looking good, sweet.bee! I need to take another picture. I've popped out more. I feel so big, not sure how I'm going to make it another 15 1/2 weeks. Maybe I just feel bigger than I actually am, though.

#22 of 194 Old 09-01-2011, 01:08 PM

#23 of 194 Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Oh no, Julie! I hope you don't have pre-e. I had it with DS...so not fun. Please update us soon.

#24 of 194 Old 09-01-2011, 03:30 PM

#25 of 194 Old 09-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:

What were your symptoms and what ended up happening? My doctor said she's not too worried, but I am. I have a bunch of risk factors (overweight, first time mom, multiples) and I normally have low BP, like 110/60, so the 138 twice in a row bothers me. I've been having headaches again, too (not as bad as they were before, though!), which I mentioned to her. I didn't get my results back today-- I'll get them tomorrow (and my glucose test results, too). I'll let you know! Thanks for the support <3

Sudden weight gain (like 11 lbs in a week) was the first sign, along with elevated BP. I have headaches anyway, so that never really was a factor. My B/P usually runs low like yours. Oh, and I had a lot of swelling, particularly in my legs/ankles/feet, but I had had some with DD (both were summer babies) so I chalked it up to being pg during the summer.

I ended up being on bedrest for three weeks, but B/P wouldn't go back down. They did 24 hour urine tests (twice) and the second time the results were so bad they admitted and induced me.

I hope you are OK!

#26 of 194 Old 09-02-2011, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter

miriam, I usually have blood pressure on the low side of normal, but it goes up quite a bit during pregnancy. I also consistently had sugar in my urine last pregnancy (not this time around yet, thank goodness) but passed the GD tests without a problem and had a small baby. I think our bodies just go a bit wacky during pregnancy. Hoping everything is ok with you!

On an unrelated note, baby has been kicking/moving like crazy for the last week. We'll have another active one on our hands! smile.gif

#27 of 194 Old 09-02-2011, 12:00 PM

#28 of 194 Old 09-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Hi Miriam! I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with high BP and protein levels. Do you mind my asking what the protein levels were? I know it's a pain that they're doing all these tests, but I'm really glad that they're on top of this. Pre-e is something to catch and deal with, and definitely shouldn't be ignored. They'll be able to take steps to keep all three of you safe and sound. Your BP sounds a little high, but the second number is actually nice and low. My doc wanted it to stay under 90. I had pre-e, and they ended up inducing me, but my protein levels were off the chart and my bp was higher than yours (I think it topped off at around 161/106 or something, and mine is usually around 106/70). I also had pretty severe, sudden swelling/weight gain, and by the end all I wanted to do was lie down and sleep/read in bed. So even if you are showing beginning signed of pre-e, it's possible that the levels will be low enough that they can just monitor you and maybe put you on magnesium sulfate, which is lousy stuff, but can help keep your bp down. Please keep us posted! I'm hoping they find out that it's nothing to worry about. goodvibes.gif Thinking of you three! ps - I'm SO jealous that you and Maurine were able to get together. I used to live in Boston. Darn! upsidedown.gif

lavatea, how far along were you when you got induced?

Sweet.Bee, glad that your feisty little one is doing well!

I'm loving the pictures, you two!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#29 of 194 Old 09-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

lavatea, how far along were you when you got induced?

34w6d. And although they thought he was over 5 lbs, he turned out to have IUGR and was 3#9oz. But they had already given me the steroid shots, so for the most part he was just a feeder/grower for the 3 weeks he was in NICU.

They didn't even try the mag with me until the night before induction after I was already admitted. And at that point it was just to keep me from seizing, not to keep me pg anymore. I'm just praying it doesn't happen this time.

#30 of 194 Old 09-02-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Okay, well, I failed my 1 hr glucose test yesterday AND my urine protein levels came back high. Great. So today I went back to the lab to do the fasting 3 hr glucose test. DH wisely offered to bring me, which was good because I was MISERABLE. No food since the night before, plus the gross drink (I liked it the first time I had to drink it back 2 1/2 months ago, now it's just sharply sweet and nasty) threw my stomach off and made me feel horrible, and then they drew blood four times. It sucked, but it's over-- I got sushi at 2pm with DH and I feel way, way better now. 

As for the protein-- I have to do a 24 hr urine catch now. They sent me home with a jug and a little plastic thing to sit in the toilet which is inexplicably called a hat. DH and I have already named the jug after someone we don't like, which amuses us wink1.gif I start that tomorrow morning and then bring it back to the lab Sunday morning. It's cutting into our weekend plans a bit, since we were going to go away to my parents' beach house tomorrow morning, but I'm not bringing a jug of refrigerated pee with me! We'll just go late.

I'll get my glucose test results tomorrow morning and the pee results hopefully on Monday morning.

I'm sorry you had such a crummy day. I think I'm going to opt out of the glucose testing this time. I hate that stuff.

Turn the urine collector over, and - voila!, hat. wink1.gif We call them sombreros when talking to our Spanish speaking patients, lol.

I hope the urine test turns out well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page