Unexpectedly pregnant and overwhelmed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just found out that I'm pregnant w/my 3rd- due early April.  We wanted another child but weren't planning on getting pregnant until next summer.  My other two are 3.5 yrs and 14 months.  In two weeks I go back to work from a leave of absence after my 2nd was born.  With both of my previous pregnancies I had debilitating morning sickness that starts at 6 weeks and lasts until 14 weeks.  I was 4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight and bought new clothes for work!  I've been concerned about continuing to nurse my 14 month old and working full-time.  She won't take a bottle and waits it out when I'm gone (I've been working part-time).  When I return she just wants to nurse and no matter how long I'm gone she'll still nurse 8-10 times a day (and night).  Since finding out I'm pregnant I'm now trying to wrap my mind around working all day, nursing, dealing with morning sickness, and growing a baby.  I feel bad for feeling like this but I don't want to be pregnant and don't want another baby now.  I know I will love him/her and will not be able to imagine life without him/her but I'm just not there yet.  Can anyone else relate?  

hola.gifLaura, married to DH-Steve, DD- Gabriella (12/07), DD- Carolina (6/10), babyboy.gif due 4/6/12.toddler.gifhomebirth.jpgcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Welcome to MDC!     wave.gif  And big hug2.gif

I am also pregnant with my third and it was not at all planned and my nursling was only 14 months when I found out.  I posted this thread in  my due date club: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1308040/i-can-t-get-my-head-in-the-game   You might find it helpful to read.  Also I highly recommend joining your due date club and getting more intimate support from women there who are going through similar things as you at the same time.  Good luck mama... it does get easier as time goes on.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM

I don't have time to write much now (kids are eating lunch, and that will turn to chaos any second now), but just wanted to say that I was in the same boat!  Honestly, I'm 28+ weeks and still feel that way at times.  I have a 7yo, a 3yo, and an almost 2yo.... and this little guy coming in late Oct/early Nov.  All boys, by the way!  hammer.gif

Some days, I feel ready to take on this baby... and other days, I'm still wondering what the hell I was thinking.  (Not that I was 'thinking' anything... we used condoms 2 out of the 3 times we had sex that month.  I just assume this kiddo was meant to be mine... right NOW...lol.)

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sometimes I feel very overwhelmed and wish that I would have waited longer myself.  My nursling was 12 months old when I found I was pregnant again.  I weaned at 21 weeks pregnant and it has been easier.  I also quit going to college and that is certainly a relief as well.  Is there any way you could not work full time and your family still be ok?  And I think that most women who eat good diets and take good whole foods based prenatals can successfully nurse through pregnancy, but if it is hard on you, you could  wean.  I know it seems terrible, I still miss BFing DD(I am now 28 weeks, so its been 7 weeks since she last nursed) but giving her raw goats milk has made the trasition easier because I know she is getting something really good(I did NOT want to give her anything from the store!)

And every pregnancy is diff, so dont get it set in your mind that you WILL have terrible morning sickness this time.  What you are thinking/your mindset can add to the problem

Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement.  I'm still processing this new reality.  We're working on night weaning since whether pregnant or not I can't work (teach prek for at risk 4 yr olds) and still wake up three times a night to nurse.  After that, I'd like to nurse as long as is mutually beneficial.  I got some brown rice protein powder and hope it will help with energy.  I wish I didn't have to work full-time but unfortunately I am the higher income earner in the family.  The nausea has started, right on time, but is manageable.  This time if it progresses I won't hesitate to get the zofran.  It was a miracle last time.

hola.gifLaura, married to DH-Steve, DD- Gabriella (12/07), DD- Carolina (6/10), babyboy.gif due 4/6/12.toddler.gifhomebirth.jpgcd.gif

User Tag List