33 wks and breech - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had a scan and found out my baby has switched to the breech position.  Im trying to wrap my head around all the tips out there but was hoping to find someone local who has had success with either acupuncture or a chiropractor.  I live in Nashville, anyone have any good tips???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyrenee View Post

I just had a scan and found out my baby has switched to the breech position.  Im trying to wrap my head around all the tips out there but was hoping to find someone local who has had success with either acupuncture or a chiropractor.  I live in Nashville, anyone have any good tips???

I don't have any suggestions, but you may want to check in the "Finding Your Tribe" area of the board for some recommendations specific to Nashville.  Good luck!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM

Check http://www.icpa4kids.org to see if there's a local chiropractor specializing in pregnancy and/or children.  My hubby is a chiropractor in California and he regularly has success getting breech babies to turn using the Webster Technique so I know that it IS successful.  I have also heard great things about acupuncture (moxibustion), but don't know specifically how you'd go about finding a local acupuncturist.  Good luck!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

Old 08-20-2011, 12:20 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Have you read Ina May Gaskins suggestions on breech babies in Spiritual Midwifery?  It has positions that can encourage baby to flip and she says the majority of the time it is successful.  You can probably find the book at your library.  It also has instructions on how a midwife can turn the baby, which I think Drs do this too, but that is only if the baby does not flip after you have been trying the positions she suggests.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 PM

totally agree with pp about seeing a chiropractor who does the Webster technique.  check out the website she gave.  spinningbabies.org has good ideas too.  I had a breech baby and did everything to turn him, but he was in a pike position which is very difficult to turn.  he ended up coming naturally butt first.  if your little one is frank breech, i would check out spinningbabies website and find a chiropractor.  i did acupuncture, inversion, moxibustion, webster, hand-stands in pool, you name it.  all of these seemed to make my baby move like crazy but he just couldn't do it due to his position.  good luck!  its better to know this at 33 weeks, instead of 38 weeks. 

Old 11-02-2011, 09:16 AM

My first child was breech and turned herself at 37 weeks.  My fourth baby was breech until 39 weeks and turned from the Webster technique.  The webster technique was so easy and I didn't really even feel DS3 move.  If that had not have worked I would have done acupuncture.  And if it happens again I might try acupuncture first.  

The biggest thing is to not stress about it.  There is still plenty of time for your baby to move.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 AM

I don't know anyone in Nashville, but my friend in Baltimore successfully turned her baby around, thanks to a chiropractor who did the Webster technique.  She was then able to have the home birth that she wanted.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 PM

Any chance you could give me the name of the chiropractor in Baltimore. I am 32 weeks breech and live in Baltimore and had success in prior pregnancies with Websters.

thanks so much.

daniele

User Tag List