Ectopic? ER? on my way, good vibes needed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

4 weeks 2 days, BFP last saturday and more the days following.

TMI ahead:

Yesterday: Pinkish blood on the TP, by yesterday evening red and enough that the tp retained the red tint once in the toilet, by late night dropping some blood into the toilet then plenty on the tp, but pinkish by the last wipe. This has continued this morning. Since last night I feel heat and throbbing in my lower abdomen. Cramps on and off, some as bad as 1st day AF cramps, but not constant. Also a very low fever. Called my OB's office, the nurse said it sounds ectopic and told me to go to the ER.

Okay, I'm realistic here, chances are this one is lost, but I do not want to go to the ER. Not just for $,  but the hassle and the intimacy of the issue here. Does this sound ectopic to you? Should I really be concerned enough to go? I told DH, he is headed home and wants me to go. WWYD?

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-02-2011, 08:44 AM

I'd go. I know two women you had ectopic pregnancies. One was fine (fertility treatments so caught early) The other lost her tube and had lost of scary bleeding.

I know its a hard thing, but the risks are so so high. I hope you meet wonderful caring doctors and nurses at the ER, please do go and now.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#3 of 8 Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

I thought ectopics had awful horrible can't hardly move pain? Is it possible my OB's office is just covering their rear?

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

#4 of 8 Old 09-02-2011, 10:36 AM

i've had one.  they are very difficult to diagnose.  however, they do not always cause horrible pain-- often when you experience the kind of pain you thought you'd expect, it's too late and your tube has burst. 

if there is any possibility what you're experiencing is an ectopic, i would absolutely urge you to go to the er as your dr. suggested.  you could be having a miscarriage that's not ectopic, but ectopic pregnancies can be fatal or cause you to lose your fallopian tube if not treated. 

((hugs)) and i hope you get this resolved quickly and recovery is fast for you. 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#5 of 8 Old 09-04-2011, 12:00 AM

I'm assuming you already went, but don't know. I had an ectopic (an ovarian pregnancy) and it never caused any pain, even when my ovary ruptured. I had a hunch I had an ectopic based on blood tests, but my doctor refused to do the exam (he was abusive towards women and has been dropped like a hot rock) so I went to the emergency room and was assigned a new OB. I did, indeed, have an ectopic. It had already ruptured and my abdomen was filled with blood and fluids. Luckily, the bleeding stopped before it became too dangerous and I was fine. I didn't even need surgery. We waited 3 months for my body to heal and the fluids and blood to be reabsorbed. I didn't die, but I could have. Once the pain starts, it's usually already too late.

I'd go in if it was suspected (but I have insurance), but I don't think it sounds at all like you have an ectopic. It just sounds like a normal miscarriage. Then again, there isn't a lot of difference in the early stage. The easiest thing to do would be to just have a blood test done to see where your levels are. If you're right on where you should be, you're probably fine. That nurse was a bit out of line telling you it was ectopic. There's no suggestion it is or might be. She's being kind of alarmist.

I'm so sorry if you are having a loss. Hopefully its nothing. I bled red blood on and off several times with my last baby and everything was great.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#6 of 8 Old 09-04-2011, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response! I had the same feeling about the nurse, but once my I told DH what she said, to the ER we went. The DR there didn't see any reason for alarm either. My HCG dropped to 9, but my cervix is still complete. She said to not lose hope yet, sometimes women they believe are doomed to miscarriage bounce back. I've continued to pass clots all yesterday, *knock on wood* it seems to have slowed this morning. I just took an HPT and I can see the faintest of lines, so maybe there is hope, but I'm trying to not get excited.

#7 of 8 Old 09-04-2011, 04:59 AM

hug.gif

caffix.gif

#8 of 8 Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 PM

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year. I had much more fear than pain (very little pain, in fact, as I have a very high pain tolerance), and based on only a gut feeling, I insisted they do a second ultrasound on a Friday night after they had done one that morning. If I hadn't insisted on going to the ER that night, I would have likely died over the weekend waiting for bloodwork results "just to be sure"... not to be all fear inducing or anything... but as it was I lost my left tube and I had TWO babes in there that if left to grow for two more days would have caused significant damage or internal bleeding. This was last October and I am now overdue with my first baby, having gotten pregnant only one cycle later. Ectopic pregnancy is nothing to mess around with. Go to the ER. Screw the money factor... I didn't have the money either and ended up filing bankruptcy over all the bills, but I would have rather had to do that than to have died or suffered all sorts of internal damage that would have ruined my chances of ever getting pregnant again. I'm an all-natural type mama otherwise, but this is what hospitals and the medical establishment are there for.

That said, it was still one of the most horrible emotional experiences of my life, so hang in there... know that it gets better and that you are most certainly not alone, mama. Love and light to you...

Moo.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page