September 2011 Whatever Ladies Having Babies! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 371 Old 10-02-2011, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Yeah, can you imagine? Hey, honey, I know you've been gone for 6 months but I just had to get treated for a STD. I asked him why in the world I would go to a chiro to treat a STD. He said cuz I go to the chiro for everything. lol.gif Such a goofball.

biglaugh.gifThat's too funny!!  I can just imagine what he was thinking when you nonchalantly mentioned getting "treated"!  Hahahaha!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#362 of 371 Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 AM

i also said, "why would i tell you that if i did have a STD. oops, i forgot i'm talking to my DH instead of my BF." silly, silly man

jj ~ i agree with carrie that you are not obligated to give that woman anything you need or want for your own baby. only give her things you don't need back. especially with someone who has such an unstable life, i wouldn't expect to get anything back. what happens if her BF shows back up and steals all of your stuff, too?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#363 of 371 Old 10-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Thanks guys. It's hard, because I have such a bleeding heart, and I want to give her things, but I also feel selfish because I don't want to give up things for -our- baby and risk them not coming back. I ended up giving her a stash of sheets and bedding that I had been trying to sell (though with no luck, so bonus that they're out of our house), a bottle warmer (ditto), the high chair (which we only paid $10 for), and a bath seat (you know, the illegal ones, with the suction cups on the bottom) that we got for free. I told her I want the high chair and the bath seat back by April, but even if they're not, it's not the end of the world. I found out a bit more about her living situation, and it looks like she's staying here in the city, living with her grandmother. Her ex is three provinces away, so there's not much fear of him taking the things, just hoping that when we get them back, they're in the same condition as when I gave them to her. 

I got a peek at what all my sister bought and feel even worse for her though. She bought a crib, a mattress, a crib bedding set, a mobile, as well as three shopping bags of misc food, formula, washclothes, some clothes, etc. So probably close to $300. That's a lot for my sister. Hopefully she'll get the crib and stuff back when it's time for her to have children (a couple years down the road still yet). 

In good news-- look at how cute the closet looks with all baby girl's stuff sorted out--

IMGP1923.jpg

Between the hanging, and the stuff in the bins, that's all her stuff up to the 3+M stage. The rest of it will fit into rubbermaids in the bottom of the closet until it's time for use. I just have to clear the rest of the crap out of the closet so that I can also put in the blankets, the diapers, and the bins of misc socks/hats/bibs and bath type stuff. It's making me anxious now to get the room cleared out and 'set up', which is silly because right now if I cleared it out, the only thing I would have would be the crib to set up. The only other things to go into the room at a shelf DH hasn't built yet, and a glider, footstool, and a table for beside it-- which we also don't have yet. No point in the room being empty when we need the space!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#364 of 371 Old 10-02-2011, 02:20 PM

Why are those baby baths illegal? I have one with suction cups on it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#365 of 371 Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 PM

oh, not a bath that you fill with water, but the ones that are just a seat, and you put into the big bathtub with the holes for the legs... those ones are illegal due to drowning concerns... all because some stupid parents can't get the whole "watch your baby while in the bathtub" thing through their heads. 

Doozy of the day... I was at my sister's bday party today, and made the comment "It's crazy how much she's moved this week. All of a sudden my uterus is sitting so much higher up, and my stomach and lungs feel crowded." My aunt right away jumped in with "OH! baby dropped! Early labor!! Early labor!!"  I should add she's a retired nurse. I just kind of looked at her dumbfounded and said "mmm no, actually the baby is sitting higher... since you know, my stomach is higher than my uterus..." And I mean besides... the baby dropping at 30ish weeks (she doesn't know how far along I am, just that I'm due sometime in December) does not mean labor is coming anytime soon!

This again sums up the reasons for not telling people the due date. Why does everyone always seem to excited and insistent that a baby will come early? I hate that because of the amount of inductions, the world has it in their head that the due date is an expiry, and like somehow you should/ it's better to have the baby out before then. 

You can see the baby seat I'm talking about in this photo- on the right hand side, there's the one that is the full bath, and then the one that is sitting inside the bath that is all blue-- that's the one I'm talking about. I didn't give her our actual bath, both because we'll need it sooner, and I think her baby should be too big for it by now. 

IMGP1922.jpg

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#366 of 371 Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM

JJ looks like you are having fun!

If anyone is awake, send some labor vibes my way: I've been having some decent contractions for probably about 3 hours on and off. But more regular this last hour. Hoping this is it! Either way, I will keep y'all posted.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#367 of 371 Old 10-03-2011, 01:30 AM

Oooh exciting akind1! Thinking of you and hoping this is it! Keep us posted!!!!!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#368 of 371 Old 10-03-2011, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Oooh I think somebody's having a baby!!! Yay!!! ELVs, Kat, you've got this!!! Lots of love to you!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#369 of 371 Old 10-03-2011, 06:42 AM

hey, no fair! the one night i decide to go to bed really early something is happening! don't you people know you can't do that without my knowledge?

kat ~ sending you ELVs (now that i know what that means). oooooh, i hope this is it. we're ready for another baby in this group. it's been awhile.

hmmmm...last post 12:47 am. it's now 9:30 am with no update. winky.gif

JJ ~ you had me worried still about the bath thingies b/c i have a seat, too, that i can't wait to use. it makes bath time so easy b/c i can put baby in the shower with me once he's sitting up. it's not like the one you have there, though.the one i have is much thicker, has much smaller leg holes and thicker partitions or sides.

here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Tubside-Bath-Seat/dp/B0000D9SR8 do you think that one is ok? obviously, i would be right there with D whether giving him a bath or having him in the shower with me. plus, i haven't been able to keep K out of the tub while bathing D. lol.gif

#370 of 371 Old 10-03-2011, 06:48 AM

need some more! I went to bed to rest and they have kind of petered out. still get something once in a while, but they aren't regular like they were. Went for a walk this morning (already, I know!) and all it did I think was make me a bit crampy. So, I'm working for now and trying to think what I can do help things along a bit . . .

Hasn't helped that DS has been majorly clingy the last 12 hours either.

How was everyone's weekend?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#371 of 371 Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Here's the new thread for October!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1331734/october-2011-whatever-ladies-havin-babies#post_16684735

Oh man!  C'mon Norah!!  Mama is soooo ready to meet you!  I think that once you rest a bit more, Kat, something will happen.  It can't be much longer now!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page