The ONE Thread Graduates: September 2011 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-28-2011, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TTCCorC - It's kind of funny to sign on and see you on here - I was just thinking this morning that I hadn't seen you around in a while!  Glad you were able to get internet again, finally!  

Kylie - Welcome and congrats!  I like the names you have picked!  I'm especially partial to Jacob, but that could be because that will be our little one's first name... whenever he decides to get here.

So today I'm 40w1d.  I'm officially "overdue."  We've tried a few of the old wives tales to get things started (bumpy road, long walks, bouncing on exercise ball, BDing, nipple stimulation, spicy food), but so far I have nothing but sore hips and heartburn from it all!  I'm just not ready to try the castor oil yet.  Luckily I'm having a pretty easy pregnancy, so I'm not exactly miserable yet... just very anxious to meet baby Jacob!   

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 01:04 PM

Val, pop that baby out!!!

I wish I was further along. I'm over this. LOL I had such an easy 30 weeks... Ever since I hit week 30, I just want to die. LOL I'm so uncomfortable, swollen, short of breath, nauseous, etc., etc., etc. OVER. IT. =D

I wish I could take off work now. DH said I could... But I feel bad.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 09-30-2011, 06:18 AM

TTCCoC: Oh man, that was my story too. Mine started at 33 weeks. Up until then it was like - hey, this is a breeze! Then suddenly it just got brutal! I wiped out and did stop working at that point eyesroll.gif So don't feel bad if you do, you're not the only one!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

HI everyone!  I've been neglecting this thread, sorry.  shy.gif  I've been neglecting a lot of things that don't involve carbs or naps...

Everything should be updated to here.  I went stalking for our August babies... nothing from Savah, but jillybeans had her baby Reed on 8/19 (see http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1326463/reed-is-here-updated-with-pics for the details!)  Hoping for an update soon from lovingbaby too...

ValH - I hope you're off having your baby RIGHT NOW, or otherwise getting an awesome massage or something.  We're anxious to meet baby Jacob too!

TTCCoC - Sorry it hit you - I had some really bad weeks around 32-34 weeks, just adjusting to life as a huge person (plus my MIL was visiting splat.gif).  I feel like things have gotten a little better for me, maybe?  Or at least I've adjusted better.  I did stop going to work, so that's probably part of it.  The weather got cooler.  I gave up on trying to have a sleep schedule.  My mother-in-law left.  So, hopefully things happen to improve it a bit for you too... if not, at least you're close to seeing your babe.  :/   Hang in there.  

PS - anyone feel like doing the thread for October?  I can probably do it again, but I might be somewhat of an absentee threadkeeper if I end up having my baby ever...

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

Old 09-30-2011, 12:55 PM

TTCCorC - I had a hard time around probably 30-32 weeks.  I was just exhausted, worn out, achy, etc.  It only lasted about a week and a half to two weeks for me, and then I was back to almost normal.  I guess my body just had to adjust to my size, maybe?  I hope you find some relief soon!

yellowdart - You're getting so close!!!!  Yay!!

So, I'm still pregnant, and not dilated at all.  Because I wasn't dilated, we couldn't do a membrane sweep today, so I'm pretty bummed about that.  On top of that, the doc wants to induce next week - he wants to do the foley catheter on Tuesday, and start meds on Wednesday if nothing has progressed.  I'm having a pretty hard time coming to terms with the fact I might have an induction.  DH seems excited to have a deadline for when the baby will be here... I'm all weepy because it's not happening like I wanted it to.  We still have the option of canceling the induction, but then getting it rescheduled if this little one continues to be stubborn becomes the issue.  I'm just in a blah mood today.  

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the input, ladies. I really hope my body is just adjusting to this never-before-seen size and it gets easier. Do you see the misery in my face? LOL

Here I am. 33w6d...

2011-09-30 21.07.36.jpg

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 09-30-2011, 08:44 PM

TTCCoC, your belly looks great! winky.gif Here's hoping the exhaustion'll clear up and the last few weeks'll go smoothly.

I've been so tired lately myself. Weird, for 4w2d. I just want to nap...yawn. DSD, DD1 and DD2 are on school holidays (we live in Australia, and the school year here is different because the seasons are different), so that might be unachievable lol.gif

treehugger.gifgoorganic.jpg mother to micro-preemie DD1 and 2E PG DD2. Stepmother to trans DSD. Owned by acat.gif! Pregnant and due 6th June '12. cd.gifnocirc.gifbfinfant.gif

Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

User Tag List