Early pregnancy sign? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So this is my first month trying and we did O+12 trying for a girl. I am 2 days past ovulation now and I have a really strong metallic taste in my mouth today. I woke up with it, so it's nothing I ate and I'm not on any meds. I know that this is a symptom of pregnancy, but I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too high. I think I'm failing. LOL! I didn't have the taste with my boys, so I'm making myself crazy thinking that if I AM pregnant, that maybe it means girl.

Sigh. This is going to be a long 10 days till I can test, and if positive, a really long 20 weeks before I can find out if I finally will have a daughter that I want so badly that it hurts. lol

Anyone else have the metallic taste in early pregnancy? When did you get it? What sex did you end up having?

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!
#2 of 5 Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM

I can't remember the exact details of everything that happened to me early in pregnancy, but I pretty much got every symptom possible (except vomiting) plus above and beyond what most experience (I felt implantation very strongly, had severe mood swings before I even had a positive test, etc). I'm pretty sure I had a metallic taste in my mouth, or just a weird taste like something was different... Everything tasted differently to me very quickly. My sense of smell followed suit too. I remember complaining to my husband about it. I don't have an exact time frame of when it happened to share with you, though. Sorry! But lo-and-behold, I am pregnant with a girl!

Good luck! winky.gif

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
#3 of 5 Old 09-13-2011, 07:49 AM

What do you mean, 0+12? I thought the shettles method you BD like 3 or 4 days before O and then stop... what's the 12?

Anyways. With DS I did have a moment of metalic taste but it didn't last. And IDidn't have it with my other 3 pgs....

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#4 of 5 Old 09-13-2011, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMrsM View Post

So this is my first month trying and we did O+12 trying for a girl. I am 2 days past ovulation now and I have a really strong metallic taste in my mouth today. I woke up with it, so it's nothing I ate and I'm not on any meds. I know that this is a symptom of pregnancy, but I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too high. I think I'm failing. LOL! I didn't have the taste with my boys, so I'm making myself crazy thinking that if I AM pregnant, that maybe it means girl.

Sigh. This is going to be a long 10 days till I can test, and if positive, a really long 20 weeks before I can find out if I finally will have a daughter that I want so badly that it hurts. lol

Anyone else have the metallic taste in early pregnancy? When did you get it? What sex did you end up having?

I hope you get your positive test!

I didn't have the metallic taste in my mouth as an early sign; however, I had the metallic taste (well, honestly, I don't know that I would say it's metallic, but it's disgusting, lingering, and made me really queasy) throughout the first trimester.  I don't know the gender of this baby and won't find out until birth.  I didn't sway.  I can say, I didn't have that taste with my baby boy.  shrug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcblondie View Post

What do you mean, 0+12? I thought the shettles method you BD like 3 or 4 days before O and then stop... what's the 12?

Anyways. With DS I did have a moment of metalic taste but it didn't last. And IDidn't have it with my other 3 pgs....

I think the 0+12 is a method for conceiving a girl that came out of a New Zealand study suggesting you should have sex 12 hours after you ovulate.  Perhaps the OP could elaborate and/or correct that, though.  I believe I read about it on another messageboard, in-gender.com.

#5 of 5 Old 09-13-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, that is what it is. You figure out when you ovulated, then BD 8-20 hours after. I tried Shettles with my second BOY, so I thought I'd try this this time! lol I did the opposite of everything I did to get my 2 boys this time. lol

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page