Bajingo Juice turned into a Bun in the Oven - TTC #1 in our 30's Graduates - Fall 2011 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Happy Saturday, everyone! I just had to stop by and look at the pictures of Raven and Elliot again. So cute! Also, Living Sky, every time I see your avatar, I smile. Kayden looks like such a happy little guy!

I am officially 8 weeks pregnant today. That's two whole months! I honestly never thought I would make it this far without miscarrying, so I'm pretty happy. Blueberry is now the size of a kidney bean or cherry, depending on which website you consult. I'm still plagued by anxiety and doubt, but over the past few days I've been making a concerted effort to change my thought patterns. I've been doing some visualizations, focusing on sending positive energy to my uterus, and I've even talked to the baby (in my head, not aloud) a few times, just telling it that I love it and want it to stick around.

So here is what 8 weeks pregnant is like for me: I'm still not able to eat very much and, as a result, have very little energy. I'm tired and nauseous all the time. I weighed myself this morning. I've lost five pounds, which is not too bad - I'm sure it would be much worse if I were throwing up, so I'm very thankful that's not happening. My cervix is so high that it's out of reach, which I know only because I'm using progesterone suppositories. I have little cramping sensations and twinges in my uterus and cervix everyday, and aches in my hips and lower back are a fairly common occurrence. My abdomen is so tender that I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. My breast tenderness is worse some days than others but also makes it hard to sleep comfortably. DH thinks my belly is starting to protrude a little bit, but I think it's too early for that and that any increase in belly size is probably bloating and constipation, which I get whenever I do eat. I'm beginning to realize that DH and I have a ton of work to do to prepare for Blueberry's arrival, though I'm not comfortable really diving into it yet (and don't think I will be until I've heard a heartbeat). Only DH's family and a few close friends know that I'm pregnant. I'm excited to tell my parents on Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We're probably not going to do much. All morning sickness and no relief makes Caly a dull girl.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 AM

Tank - He is so handsome and love his hair!  Love that he's finally in your arms!  Get some rest and I look forward to reading your story when you're ready.  smile.gif

Caly - yeah I guess I should maybe see a pulmonologist to be sure eventually since my GP looked it up, too when he finally called.  eyesroll.gif  As for morning sickness, peaks at 8 then I hope decreases for you!  I still count the weeks as they go by...Love it when another week comes and goes.  Well, I talk to mine out loud in a whisper and rub and say please stick...then I almost cry.  I'm getting better about the worrying...I just tell myself I will be holding them soon and need to stop.  It's nice to read that we share a lot of the same goings on (I'm just 10 weeks) except I've gained 5 lbs.  My nausea only comes in waves so I'm lucky.  Cramping freaks me out a bit.  I hope you feel a little better soon!

Birdie - glad OB appointment went great and your advocate (DH) was able to explain what you wanted!  Pretty cool to be able to feel baby's position. 

AFM since I hit 10 weeks the RE told me to stop the progesterone & metformin - I can not believe how hard it was to not 'put it up there'.  DH had to coach me.  I noticed I get very nauseous about an hour or so after I do use the progesterone now so I'm guessing its true - maybe I feel sick because of the surge in progesterone since the placenta has supposedly kicked in?  All I know is I am going to be a little worried for the next few days... 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

Old 11-14-2011, 08:41 AM

Well, the vomiting has begun. Thought I might be lucky enough to skip that part, but no. grossedout.gif

Birdie, are you still pregnant? How are you? How is everyone else doing?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 PM

hola.gifto everyone!

Aww Tank, Elliot is super cute!

Caly: We didn't tell people until really late. Our immediate family and a couple of close friends were the only ones who knew until like a month ago when I finally came out on facebook. Ugg about the throwing up. I hope it goes away soon. Mine dropped off significantly after 13 weeks.

Bel: Does stopping the progesterone & metformin mean that the docs think you're doing well enough to stop? It sounds like that's good news for you.

AFM: I'm going neurotic again. THe baby has been moving a lot less and it's wigging me out. I mean I still feel him a decent amount and have been doing kick counts, but he was like crazy active before. I had an appointment today and the heart rate was between 120-130 which they say is fine. But it still worries me becuase 1 month ago is was between 160-150 then 2 weeks ago 140. I really wish I could just stop worrying.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Hooray, I got the job!  orngbiggrin.gif I have to say I'm worried about starting a new job with this morning sickness, but I'm thrilled that they want me!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Old 11-14-2011, 06:31 PM

Caly - Congrats on getting the new job!  Don't be worried - they will want you morning sick or not!  Sorry that vomiting has started...baby doesn't want you to forget their presence until you show.winky.gif  (My feeble attempt at making you feel better...)

Ramzubo - I think Birdie is right, depending on how far along you are, and also his activity times can change?.  Maybe he is on a different schedule.  (space is also changing in there, too.)  When I went for my u/s one of the babies wasn't moving at all.  No one ever told me how scary (although awesome) pregnancy could be.  If doc said the rate was ok I'm sure its fine.  But I know typing this isn't going to make you worry any less.  I'm right there with you.  hug2.gif  

Birdie - thats great you can carry baby longer!  I hope I can take care of myself as well as you have.  Hooray for baby coming soon!

Ram & Birdie - When I went to RE for my last u/s they both measured right on time.  The nurse said the placentas should be making enough on their own...I hope they are!  (I've been worreid since I stopped, though)  As for the metformin, they used that to treat PCOS so I would ovulate, so I'm hoping there are no ill effects from stopping that as well.

Had my first OB appointment today.  Got a lot of free stuff to read!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

So we're going to be a mommy and daddy by next Tuesday, no matter what happens.

yay I can't wait. Little baby birdie!  I am so happy for you that you can wait till 40 weeks till they get serious with the induction, more time for that babe to cook! 

Sorry I have been so absent.  I have been reading and thinking of you guys often.  Elliot just likes being held 24/7 so I am having a hard time typing and actually am just now able to use my computer.  Things have been going absolutely wonderful.  He will be a week tomorrow.  He has already gained weight which I hear is rare for the 1st week but makes sence because he eats like a little hog.  I seriously couldn't ask for a better baby.  I hope I am not jinxing myself by saying that!  Everyone that meets him can't believe that he is under a week old because he looks older and is so big.  He isn't huge or anything but definatly looks more like an infant than a newborn.  Still haven't even started writing my birth story yet and I really should get to that while I can still remember most of it!

Oh and the movement.  I think I had a lot of periods of smaller amount of movement and then days of tons of it.  I just made sure I did kick counts and it seemed okay for most of the day.  Okay here is another pic.elliots first outing.jpg

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 11-15-2011, 12:04 AM

Hello ladies

I had my first OB appointment today.  I got to see a beautiful little fluttering heartbeat on the ultrasound.  Such a beautiful sight.  The baby is measuring 7w6d, 3 more days than my estimation.  My hcg is sky high (90880).  Feeling a bit more confident.  However, I also also get massive white coat hypertension and that in addition to anxiety about the u/s caused my BP to be elevated.  On Dr's advice I got a blood pressure cuff to take readings at home to get an idea of what normal is to me.  Of course, out of the office it is perfectly fine.  Wish I was better at meditating it down in the office or something.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 AM

Old 11-15-2011, 08:46 AM

Oh birdie, I ended up being induced and everything turned out ok.  I was actually in labor with contractions 2 min apart and couldn't feel them so and wasn't making much progress so they gave me cervidil and my body went into hard labor fast.  It wasn't pitocin but my body reacted badly to it and everything turned out just fine.  I just needed to get an epidural and that my body took well too and I don't regret it one bit even though I had been 100% planning on a natural birth without meds.  It is what was needed to avoid something far worse such as a c section because my midwife showed me on my placenta where it started to give out on the baby plus my water broke and he hadn't wanted to move down the canal yet 12 hours later!  All of the bad things you hear that come with having an epidural or being induced didn't happen for me or my child.  He even had to get his cord cut immediatly because it was around his neck and I couldn't hold him for more than 5 seconds before they had to take him over to the warmer to get everything out of his lungs.  But even though I heard that being induced and having an epidural can delay things in the baby and the mother won't have that awesome love rush those things weren't an issue for us.  Elliot was alert and breastfed within 5 minutes of being on me.  He also wasn't janduced and adjusted to the outside world normally.  So it is totally possible to have a satisfying birth without anything going as planned. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 AM

Old 11-15-2011, 10:44 AM

Birdie, I understand the crunchy guilt! I think sometimes we're so focused on doing the absolute best for our baby that we forget that most babies do TOTALLY FINE even when interventions are necessary. I think it's important to have the intention of doing what we think is best, but we have to be flexible, too. I'm feeling some crunchy guilt today because I decided to get my prescription for Zofran filled (the OB I work with wrote it for me). I very much wanted to "tough it out" and get through the morning sickness without taking any drugs, but staying in bed for the next 4-6 weeks is just not an option. I've already missed almost two full weeks of work and have lost 8 lbs., basically because I can't eat and am slowly starving, and with this new job starting...I can't do it anymore. Honestly, I feel like my midwives let me down. I called them and told them how miserable it's been and that I'm depressed and losing income and am feeling really desperate. They were sympathetic but unconcerned. I understand that morning sickness can be more severe than what I'm experiencing, but when it gets to the point where you can't function AT ALL, it's a problem. At least, it is for me. Ugh. Anyway, sorry for the rant; just wanted to tell you that I sympathize.

Tank, I also want to thank you for sharing your experience and for posting another pic! I'm so glad you're having a blissful babymoon!

CountryGirl, so glad you saw the heartbeat and have excellent hCG levels! That must be reassuring!

OK, gotta get myself dressed at to the pharmacy.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the support ladies, baby has been bouncing around a lot again today so I'm feeling better.

Yay CA Girl for good numbers and a strong heartbeat! Hope your BP stays down outside of the office.

Congrats on getting the job Caly, hopefully your meds will make you feel more up to starting the new job.

Thanks Tank for sharing more pics and your birth experience, it's good to hear someone who birth doesn't go "as planned" but still isn't dissapointed!

Birdie: You should be super proud of yourself for making it this far. From what I've heard it is really unusally to make it to your due date with high BP and on bedrest...Go You!

As for birth expectations, I think staying flexible is really important. We talked about "crunchy guilt" with our doula last week. Our plan is to go for the natural birth, but we're not going to be upset if that doesn't happen. Hearing Val's birth experience with the throwing up really stood out for me. I think I can handle pain, but I don't think I would do well throwing up to the point of exhaustion. We've prepared the best we can and are hopeful, but we're going to go with what's best at the time. Our doula was glad to hear that. She told us her clients who are really hardcore about sticking with a plan tend to have a harder time when the baby has other ideas.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Oh tank, I love your posts of Elliot. I look forward to your birth story. 

Congrats Caly! I'm so excited for you. Will the new job mean major changes?

Birdie  - Wow. Knowing you'll meeting your little one with such certainty in less than 10 days must be such a mind-blower. Congratulations on baking the little one this long. 

I hope Hykue, Raven, and the proud new poppa are doing well!

Sorry for incomplete personals. I wanted to stop and say hello, but my head is aching and doesn't like looking at the screen. :-/ I'm battling some virus and a fever. I was super scared of the fever until my midwife calmed me and told me the bad sighs to look out for. Fever responds to tylenol so we're probably in the clear. So scary to be sick while a baby is inside. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 11-15-2011, 06:56 PM

Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM

Rosie, I'm so sorry you're sick! That is really scary. I'm sure I would be freaking out. I'm glad your midwives were able to talk you through it and that the fever is responding to Tylenol. Get some rest and feel better soon! The new job will mean changes insofar as I'll be working full-time and getting paid more, which is terrific. I'll also get to put my knowledge and skills to use in a meaningful way, so I'm excited about that. It's just so awesome that I actually got a job in my field. They're somewhat difficult to come by.

Birdie, I'm glad you're feeling better. Hopefully the acupuncture will get things moving, but if not, it's going to be okay! I think Zofran is a miracle drug. I took it this afternoon and felt better within an hour. I still feel a little nauseous, but it's not nearly as bad, and I was actually able to eat tonight. I had chicken and mashed potatoes. Small portions, but still, it's a big improvement over nothing at all. I'm also having a much easier time getting fluids down.

Ram, glad to hear the baby is bouncing around again! It's really hard not to obsess about day-to-day changes in what you feel. I can't say I've figured out how to deal with that yet. 

Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 PM

Just a quick run by -

Caly - A number of ladies in my DDc took Zofran and swear by it. A little bit of morning sickness is fine, but if you can't eat and can't function that is NOT good for the baby, and taking Zofran is definitely the better option! I'm glad it's working for you already! Oh, and congrats on the new job!

birdie - your birth is going to be the perfect birth for you and your baby. It may not be the birth you originally planned, but it will result in your baby in your arms! That's pretty much perfect no matter what else happens. And the birth/labour part of it will be over soon and just a tiny speck of time in the grand scheme of things.

Okay, I already think I'm rambling, I'm going to stop there and continue tomorrow! Hope everyone else is doing well!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM

tank - His precious face!  Thats great to hear he's already gained weight.  Some babies are more laid back than others, so I'm sure he will stay a good baby.  As for your birth story - you"ll get to it when you get to it.  Enjoy Elliot  smile.gif

CA Country Girl - isn't seeing the heartbeat awesome?  Congrats on seeing that. 

Thanks Birdie!  Focusing on the positive is a great way to start.  I'm learning worrying is something that comes with pregnancy and continues into motherhood.  winky.gif

Caly - Awesome to hear that its helping you!

Rosie - Glad your worries were calmed.  Hope you feel better soon.

Hi everyone!  wave.gif

Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 PM

birdie - that's wonderful that everything looks good with babe! I have my fingers crossed for you that babe decides to arrive before 40 weeks hits.

I know I'm missing personals, I've got a cold and it's just kicking my butt. Kayden had his 4 month checkup on Monday and he weighed in at a whopping 19 lbs 7 ounces! And 26 inches long. He is actually right on the verge of outgrowing his infant carseat - we don't actually use that carseat anymore, but it's a good thing we already had switched him to a convertible seat! Anyway, he is healthy and happy and everything went well (except the doctor harassed me about vaccines, and I nicely told her it wasn't going to happen). Thankfully he hasn't caught my cold.

And well geez, twist my rubber arm orngbiggrin.gif More pictures, coming up!

Kayden trying on DH's hat

And Kayden plotting to take over the world

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Old 11-17-2011, 06:11 AM

Yay Birdie for a good u/s. I thought our 24 week one was freaky seeing so many details. I can't imagine at 39 weeks and being able to see he/she breathing, how awesome. Glad the accupuncture went well. I love accupuncture. I went to help with some ciculation problems in my legs and got my bfp a month later. I'm think I'll probably go near my DD to see about getting things moving.

Yep Livingsky, Kayden is officially still cute! Are those perfect little dimples I see on his cheeks!

Old 11-17-2011, 01:50 PM

Aww such a cutie Kayden!

I am 3/4 of the way done with my birth story.  Here's a picture of Elliot with his Gramma.100_0793.JPG

Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 PM

tank - he looks so strong! His head control looks great! And I love the outfit smile.gif Is his Gramma enjoying loving on him?

Old 11-18-2011, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

birdie - I LOVE hearing about your US, and the good acupuncture appointment. I'm betting you'll be pressing those "baby come now" buttons as much as possible in the next couple days, huh?

LS - Are those big dimples on the little man's cheeks? He is ADORABLE. I love the baby pics. (And I'm nice and jealous of your snow in the background)

tank - Is he really a newborn? What sweetness. Looking forward to the story. 

Caly - Glad you're feeling a bit better! Good to know you'll be a little emir like yourself when you start the job. :) 

Ram - LOL@"crunchy guilt".  At my community care appointment (all April mamas with my MWs have a few prenatal appointments together so we can talk about stuff in a group), we talked about dropping guilt. Exercise better, eat better, or don't (well, DO), but drop the guilt, they say. 

CA Country Girl - Yay for getting to see the heartbeat! AWesome feeling. When is your due date, and what shall I put on the front page blurb? 

AFM - I feel 100% better. The right nutrition plus true sleep was crucial, IMHO, because I went from feeling horrible after my trip to just fine two days later. Normally I feel like recovery would be more slow. 

We meet our potential doula this evening. She's in training and I'm on the fence on whether I want another body in the house during labor. Currently we're at two MWs, a student MW, DH, two big dogs, and me. If this doula gets along well with DH, she's in. I see her as potential support for him. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 11-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Rosie - Yep, those are dimples smile.gif And you should see our yard now - we got about a half a foot of snow yesterday! But it's supposed to get up above freezing mid-next week. YUCK. The melt will be awful, so I'm hoping it stays below freezing!

Glad you're feeling better!! We went with a student doula as well and she was good. She was a bit nervous I think but it was helpful to have the extra set of hands there.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:47 AM

Old 11-19-2011, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Woohoo! Talia (doula) was awesome. I liked her vibe and energy very much. While I think we have plenty of people and support already planning to be at the birth (two MWs and a student MW), I'm excited that Talia will be there too. She and DH seemed to get along well, so that's a huge bonus. 

Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Hey ladies

Tank- Eliot really does look more grown up than he is.  

Birdie- I am pretty convinced that acupuncture helped to get me pregnant too.  We tried for 18 months for our 2nd (this one) and after 4 months of acupuncture and chinese herbs, BFP!  I hope it helps get you into to labor.  I sure plan to go in my last few weeks to help prepare.

Rosie- My official due date (LMP) is June 29, though the baby measured a few days bigger and June 26 is more accurate for my O date.  I guess you could give me a range June 26-29.  

Everyone else.  Hello and I hope all is going well.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

User Tag List