Bajingo Juice turned into a Bun in the Oven - TTC #1 in our 30's Graduates - Fall 2011 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 533 Old 11-30-2011, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks Rosie! I'm excited but a little nervous about the new job. We'll see how it goes!

We just got back from our first appointment with the midwives. It went really well. We spent about two hours talking with a nurse (I'm sure that's par for the course for a first MW appointment, but DH was impressed that she spent so much time with us) about our medical histories, what we hope labor and birth will be like, how they run their practice, etc. Then she did a quick u/s and we saw the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I felt like I was going to cry, but it came out as laughter instead. She couldn't hear it on the Doppler, but it didn't matter since we had just seen it flashing away on the screen. We did decide to do the NT scan, so I'm going in for that on the 12/16. I feel so much better about the pregnancy and my decision to stick with this group of midwives!

Also (and I hesitate to say it because I don't want to jinx anything), I'm feeling a little better. I still don't feel hungry, but food actually tastes good when I put it in my mouth, and I've been eating more. Could this be the beginning of the end of the m/s? praying.gif

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#362 of 533 Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi ladies - i've been reading up jsut not posting much. 

other than being exhausted and nauseous here and there i actully feel pretty good!  not sure if i said it already but we did get to see the babe's heartbeat at 6W1D so that was really great.  I think it is still sinking in that we are really having a baby. 

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#363 of 533 Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Caly - I'm so happy to hear how well your MW appointment went. Sounds fantastic! Isn't it incredible the first time you get to hear/see that heartbeat? For me it became SO much more real at that point. (I didn't see, just heard, at 9w3d.) I'm hoping you're turning the corner on MS. It should be abating soon enough. I look back at my first tri and marvel at how quickly it seemed to go by. But then I remember what it was like when I was in it...and man it seemed to drag on. :) I was also worrying/thinking/crazy about it all the time. This tri is so much more relaxed. It's amazing how the progression works. 

reelala - Yay for heartbeats! Sorry for the exhaustion and nausea. Sounds like you're happily plodding through it. :) 

I'm going for an anatomy scan tomorrow, which means baby gender determination, most likely. I'm pretty excited about it, and all the family is requesting immediate notification. heehee

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#364 of 533 Old 12-01-2011, 05:58 AM

Rosie: I really enjoyed the anatomy scan. Our tech was pretty good about letting us know she didn't see any problems and was really good about pointing out all the bones and organs and stuff. I'm hoping to take some baby room pics this weekend and I'll post one here.

Yay Caly for heartbeat.gif! I'm glad you're feeling comfortable with your MW team. I switched providers around 12 weeks and have been so glad that I did. I'm much happier with my doctor now. Hope you keep feeling better each day. By 12 weeks I was really starting to feel more like a normal person again.

Yay Reela for heartbeat.gif! Sorry for not feeling great, you're right around the time that was the worst for me. I would fall asleep on the couch at like 7:00 every night. I would tell Dh tonight I'm going to make it, but as soon as I sat down I was snoring away.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#365 of 533 Old 12-02-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Our tech was awesome as well! She showed us everything, and didn't mind when I asked for a better profile and *goods* shot. We found out pretty unequivocally we're having a BOY! We are so excited. Man, I'm giddy after that scan. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#366 of 533 Old 12-02-2011, 01:41 PM

Ahhhh! Congrats, Rosie, that's so exciting!  stork-boy.gif I'm totally smiling right now!

#367 of 533 Old 12-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Reelala, glad you checked in! I hope you feel better and that you get to see that little heartbeat again soon.

AFM: The first couple of days at my new job have been really good. I have a lot to learn (and I'm totally exhausted), but I think the work will be varied and interesting. I really like my boss. I told her about the pregnancy when I accepted the job, and she's been really accommodating. Today she offered not to wear hand lotion if the smell bothers me (it doesn't, but I thought it was really nice of her to think of that).

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow. One more week until I reach the relative safety of the 12 week mark!

Hope everyone is well!

#368 of 533 Old 12-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Congrats on your boy rosie!

I am glad to hear your new job is going well Caly. Also, you are almost to the 2nd trimester!  That is so exciting.  I feel like it was just a few days ago that you learned you were pregnant!

Everything is going well here.  We had our first car ride where wolverine didn't sleep the whole time.  He usually falls right asleep in the car but today he only slept for a little bit then was up the rest of the time screaming.  I felt so bad that I was driving and couldn't soothe him.  We had so many errands to do that took longer than expected, my poor little dude.  But he is home and clean and full and happily asleep in his swing now and everyone feels better.  I never thought it would bother me more that he is unhappy and thinks I am ignoring him than it does to hear the actual crying sound. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#369 of 533 Old 12-04-2011, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Yeah, RosieL, a boy!  Very cute asking for "goods" shots.  I am sure this little boy's baby book/photos for memories will be awesome.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#370 of 533 Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 AM

#371 of 533 Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! The excitement of the ultrasound is still tangible. We have decided that his name is Odin. Middle name *****. His initials are OWL. 

It was really fun to get an idea (confirming my suspicions) of his position, and to see him moving around. 

Edit: deleted middle name to avoid googlability.

#372 of 533 Old 12-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

That is cool, Rosie, my parents did something very similar:

Benjamin Erick N (aka BEN)

Jonathan Oliver N (aka JON)

and

Daniel Alexander N (aka DAN)

I remember my brother Ben getting in trouble with a teacher when he was supposed to write his initials on a paper in school and the teacher didn't believe his parents made his initials into a short form of his first name.

Someday when I get a boy his name will be William Ernest B (aka WEB because that is how his dad and I met :))

Great idea!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#373 of 533 Old 12-04-2011, 04:29 PM

Yay Odin! My really good friends from hs days have a son named odin.  I love that name.  OWL is a great initials too.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#374 of 533 Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 PM

That's a terrific name, Rosie!

#375 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 AM

Rosie, congrats on your boy! And great name choice!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#376 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Lilac - I love the Acronym/short name combo. Pretty cool! 

Thanks all. I am nervous about some real-life people's reactions to the name, so I'm trying to tell people casually and firmly, to convey that they don't need to comment and that the name is final. So far no issues. Though before we told people my brother actually joked about the name, "Name him Odin, after the god." He had NO idea this was already chosen. Kinda funny. 

I'm still staring at his profile pic often. It's odd how such a grainy picture that looks like so many other USs can evoke such emotion from me. 

Do any of you further along or already-delivered ladies practice spinning babies stuff? Odin was vertex at our US, but after painting this weekend the kicking sensations have moved decidedly lower. I'm suspicious that he spun around. I know it's early, but I'm curious nonetheness, especially since I feel like my body position while cutting in at the baseboards could have spun him.

#377 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 09:12 AM

#378 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post

That is cool, Rosie, my parents did something very similar:

Benjamin Erick N (aka BEN)

Jonathan Oliver N (aka JON)

and

Daniel Alexander N (aka DAN)

I remember my brother Ben getting in trouble with a teacher when he was supposed to write his initials on a paper in school and the teacher didn't believe his parents made his initials into a short form of his first name.

Someday when I get a boy his name will be William Ernest B (aka WEB because that is how his dad and I met :))

Great idea!

This is so creative!

Rosie: Names are so personal, yet people get very bent out of shape about them. I've only told close friends/family and the bajingo club our names and I've never asked anyone what they think about them. Dh's family, being European, haven't even heard of our fairly common names, his mom asked if we made Brody up. We haven't looked into spinning babies, but someone from my ddc linked this for fetal positioning http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ofp.htm My baby is still bouncing all over the place. A week ago I went in for possible preterm labor and the baby was really low. Yesterday he was up under my ribcage again so I guess he's still keeping busy in there.

#379 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Uhm, this is mine:

http://www.mothering.com/community/gallery/image/view/id/42936

I am gobsmacked.

I just found out yesterday. I'm so nervous, this is my first BFP in 17 months, I hope it sticks. Called the RE and they just told me to go to the lab today and get blood drawn, and then they'll call.
Anyone know how long to expect these betas to take?

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#380 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Woohoo Boots!!! goodvibes.gifsticky dust! Many places can get Betas the same day. I got mine the next day. Good Luck!

#381 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS!!!!!  joy.gif

So speaking of names.  I was thinking about how I know someone else who used the name we chose for their son and they are friends with me on facebook so I decided to go look at pictures of their son.  Both of them took me off their friends list.  Now I am all self concious that it's because we named our son the same thing as theirs.  They are a couple I went to school with and while I wasn't that great friends with either of them this sort of suprises me.  Weird.

#382 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 AM

#383 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Bootsie, I can't even tell you how excited I am that you're preggers! But you know that. I can't wait for you to officially "graduate" from the BJC and join us over here. I didn't hear about my first draw for THREE DAYS (!!!) and then I finally called my midwives' office. I would expect to get your results tomorrow. Maybe even call tomorrow afternoon if they haven't gotten back to you by then.

Rosie, I'm impressed that you had a name picked out and ready to go! Seriously, we are screwed if this baby is a boy. We spent a long time looking at baby name websites this weekend and have nothing to show for it.

Ram, I'm glad your little one decided to stay inside a while longer.

Birdie, YES, BSG! Excellent choice for BFing entertainment!

AFM: DH left for California yesterday, so the kitty and I are holding down the fort. I get to stop using my progesterone on Saturday. I'm a little nervous about stopping cold turkey. I know it should be fine and that the placenta should be doing its thing at this point, but I'm still scared. Can't say I'll miss the suppositories, though!

#384 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM

Just a runby to say

CONGRATS BOOTS!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#385 of 533 Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

I believe saving the name till birth would be good, but I just am too impatient. I LOVE referring to him by name. I don't think I could have kept mum any longer, once we knew he was a he! 

Sleep birdie, sleep!

Ram - Ack! Glad the preterm labor wasn't, or was stopped. How are you feeling?

Tank - Sorry about the facebook/name thing. They might have pared down their lists after having the baby, keeping only close friends? Seems like that's pretty common, so I'd guess that before I'd guess it was a name issue. The idea of paring down facebook acquaintances came up when I posted US pics (first Facebook post about baby). DH has 1000 "friends". 

OMG OMG OMG BOOOOOOOOOOOTS! I've MISSED you! I'm so excited. Can I put you on the first page? What can I write for your blurb? :breathe: OMG OMG OMG!!!

#386 of 533 Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM

YAY Boots! I got my beta the next day!joy.gif

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#387 of 533 Old 12-07-2011, 09:02 AM

I got my beta last night! So exciting, I was sitting in the pregnancy section of Half Price Books when she called. :)

Second draw is Thursday, will find out about levels Fri.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#388 of 533 Old 12-07-2011, 12:10 PM

Bootsie!  Congratulations!  I am so, so happy to see you here.  I've been using my mental tractor beam to try and pull in all the ladies from the BJC, and it seems to be slowly working (I know, it has nothing to do with me, really, but it sure does make me happy.)  I'm still reading along here, but I have a hard time posting because I seem to be always nursing, or Raven is asleep on me, and I leave the keyboard out of reach.  Like a goof.  Anyway, I am still reading and enjoying all the updates.  Keep em comin'.  And when TickleToes and Taxlady show up, my happiness will be nearly complete (I have nothing but good wishes for everyone TTC, but I specifically have high hopes for those two now that Caly and Bel and Boots are here).

In other news, my sister had her baby exactly 4 weeks and 23 minutes after I had Raven.  And my SIL called yesterday and told me she's pregnant too!  She was sure that she was infertile and had been trying for 9 months, so I'm very excited for her.  Yay!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#389 of 533 Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM

#390 of 533 Old 12-07-2011, 05:43 PM

Okay so, they called and told me they want to put me on progesterone. I am freaked because I can't get the suppositories until tomorrow, considering going to buy cream for tonight. Just to ease my mind. Okay maybe I will try to hold off on the crazy. I haven't had very strong symptoms yet and they didn't tell me how low my progesterone was or if it was just a preventative. Can anyone tell me what to expect when I start it? Worsening symptoms?

And secondly, I have allergies/ a cold and I took zyrtec (class B) after my breathing woke me up. Some of you were with me all last winter while I was sick the whole entire time! I am trying to avoid it but my students are such germ monkeys. I by coincidence am going to see my asthma doc tomorrow so hopefully she can give me some info.

Okay, sick and freaking out I am still SOOO happy. :)

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page