Bajingo Juice turned into a Bun in the Oven - TTC #1 in our 30's Graduates - Fall 2011 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 533 Old 12-20-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

LilyT - Zotero is very much like Mendeley. I chose mendeley because I like it's desktop app interface more than zotero's Firefox plugin. I haven't compared the two since 2008(?) so I'm not sure how much convergence there has been. 

Bel & andaluza - Yep, I used it at work too. I don't know if they make it for PCs, but if not that company I'm *sure* there are others. 

Bel - Your ticker looks awesome! Extremely helpful for me too…I rarely remember you've got TWO in there!!!!! 15 weeks is great! Did we have a 2nd tri celebration for you? I don't think so. Here's one: 

Section tri celebration for Baby A:joy.gif2ndtri.gifjoy.gifSection tri celebration for Baby B:joy.gif2ndtri.gifjoy.gif

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year LS!

Hykue - Wow. I'm mesmerized by that photo. :) Raven is so clear-eyed and focused, and dad (I assume dad?) is so gentle. Beautiful.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#482 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 04:44 AM

Birdie - your words with one handed typing are much appreciated!  Yes please!  (Pics)

Hykue - shes beautiful!  Such a sweet pic. 

Thanks Rosie!  (I know - time goes slow but then I can't believe I start week 16 tomorrow.)  orngbiggrin.gif

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#483 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Hi everyone, thanks for all the support. I'm doing better mood wise. I took a day off yesterday and told my boss, which actually was a big relief. And it's only ONE WEEK until the ultrasound. I will feel SO much better when I see that wee heartbeat.

I already got my Baby Book and the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding! Crazy! Amazon must be in overdrive. I really have only looked at the baby book and I really like it. It seem validating of all types of parenting situations and I like that. I was worried about a lot of books being geared towards stay-at-home parents.

Quote:

I hope your week improves, Boots. It's hard, but I would focus on the positive rewards that you have waiting for you once you get through it: vacation and your ultrasound! Also, I am not having morning sickness/vomiting (just weird acidy feeling in the pit of my stomach and then major hunger pangs) and it is a little annoying and disconcerting to hear people saying that m/s means it's a healthy pregnancy. I know it's meant to comfort women who are feeling ill, and I do feel for them and hope they find relief. But, my mom did not have it with either of us and had healthy pregnancies, so there is a range of "normal" and "healthy" as we all know from the ttc experience. And, it's early, so we could be throwing up in a few days. ugh.

I know I'm just irritable, but it's starting to annoy me that on our due date and everywhere people keep talking about how m/s = healthy baby. Really? I wonder about that statistic that 70% of women get m/s. To what extent? I get a little nauseated when I don't eat, but nothing like the classic symptoms. I know it could start any day so I'll just enjoy it, but in the meantime, next time I hear someone say "morning sickness = healthy pregnacy" I am going to punch.

ONE WEEK.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#484 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 10:33 AM

ITA, bootshug.gif 

I just read somewhere that nausea is considered m/s and since we've both experienced at least a small amount of what can be considered nausea, I declare that we are covered!!!!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#485 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

I was going to post the same as andaluza - since you've felt nauseated, you're in the 70% category anyway. Just the lucky side of the category so far. I can't believe that your DDC members are spouting such nonesense. :( Although I am *sure* it is a coping mechanism. If you feel absolutely miserable, it would be heartening to think "Well, my misery means a positive outcome for baby." Even if it's not true at all (which it's not!!!), that myth will stick around because it's comforting. 

My mom STILL tells everyone who she meets that I'm pregnant and missed out on morning sickness. She was really sick with both my brother and I...and I think she feels like I'm not getting my just desserts! Silly momma. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#486 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Side note - I will probably start a new thread pretty soon. If the BJ thread in TTC is any indication we're about to get a lot busier too. If anyone *wants* to take over I'd be happy to step aside, otherwise I'll post up when I've put up a new thread in a couple days. 

#487 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM

Hello all, preggies! I think I mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be joining over here! TTC since 6/11. Got preggo right away, but had a miscarriage at 5 wks 6 days in August, and started trying again as soon as the Dr gave us the green light. (So, I think 4 months in total?) Anywayyy... got my BFP yesterday at 11DPO, went for bloodwork already (not impatient at ALL, huh?) and just got the results. HCG was 55, Progesterone was 22. I'm psyched! That seems good and the Dr was very enthusiastic. Can't waittttt to get tomorrows results on Friday. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! joy.gif

Boots: It's still early... don't be jinxing yourself! Lol. My cousin whose on her 2nd bebe was sick during both pregnancies. The first wasn't until 7-8 weeks... but this one was RIGHT away full blown and she's just now getting some sort of relief at 20 wks. 20 FREAKIN WEEKS! Ugh!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#488 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats erica!  What shall I say for your blurb on the front page? 

#489 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 03:34 PM

Here for some more book/website resource advice. Anyone find or felt they needed something good about body image during pregnancy? My body image could use work overall, but I'd love to put it in that context.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#490 of 533 Old 12-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Thanks, Rosie!

For my blurb... ummm... how about:

Due September 2012:

ericaf, 31, BFP after 4 months of trying, 3 months of charting, and an early m/c in August

That sound okay? I'm not picky! Lol. Actually, that's a lie. I totally am. winky.gif But whatever you think is best to say, is fine with me!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#491 of 533 Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Hello Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well.  Other teachers out there-I just finished grading and am turning in final semester grades today!  Let the really winter break begin.  I have worked so hard and been so exhausted these last few months; I am sooo ready for it.  I am taking my DD to see the Nutcracker Ballet in SF tomorrow and making Christmas cookies today.  We also have lit the Menorah the last two nights and she is really into it.  She likes ritual.  I am going to love seeing her as a big sis!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#492 of 533 Old 12-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Hi Ladiesjoy.gif

It's nice to be here...I think!?!

I posted on the ttc BJ thread about how i had an ovulation with major out of the blue I neeeeed a baby this month(after being totally sure I was happy with my 3 girls who are 7,11 and 13)..my extremly reluctant hubby, bless his heart went with it and bing!! a baby!!!  jeez, flying by the seat of my pants here...I am still pretty amazed with it all, hubs is freaking a bit because we have just kind of gained a whack of freedom in the last few years with our youngest getting old enough for school...so there is a bit of emotion to sort through with this...but in the end he loves babies and will be brilliant with this one i know. 

we went skiing today on the big mountain, so we had time to talk more about it on the chair lift rides with nice breaks between the convo during the wicked awesome powder runs!!  I was a bit panicked though at the thougt of this little bean getting dislodged from all the bumping around...what do you think? should I be worried?  I mountain biked in Moab when I was 4 months preggo with my first for 10 days...and she never shook outta me!

I am feeling pretty good, it's still early, 11 dpo, though...boob soreness has taken to a new level and i am feeling the sweet crampy twinges i remember from the other times...i like feeling that.  I didn't get nausia till 6 weeks or so with last 3 so not expecting it yet, just gaggy at the smell of random stuff so I will spend the next week or so eating really well in preperation for not eating well and not liking food :) 

September 5th is my due date I guess and baby will be a Virgo (don't have any of those in the fam yet, and this coming year will be the year of the Dragon...so our babies will be little dragons which are thought be be outgoing, happy and lucky!...and I 'm a dragon too!!

So far I'm a taking New Chapter prenatal vitamins, and a cup of raspberry leave and nettle leaf tea per day...anyone doing anything else? fish oil?  Its been a long time since i have thought about this stuff!

Now I look forward to reading back a bit and getting to know all about yaz!! 

#493 of 533 Old 12-22-2011, 08:43 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know my mood is a lot better and thanks for the support. 16 hours until Xmas break, two weeks off, woohoo!

6 days until ultrasound! Maybe then I will put up a ticker.

heartbeat.gif

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#494 of 533 Old 12-23-2011, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

erica - sounds great. First page updated!

Rainabow - Welcome! Congratulations on your BFP! What mountain are you skiing? This year our big family ski trip is cancelled due to Odin's due date - right around when we'd normally get to Breckenridge. Are you ready to be on the first page?

Boots - I'm glad your mood is picking up. You posted 8 hours ago so I guess that means you only have 8 hours till Christmas break. Woot! 

Ram - How you feeling? You're next up…are you ready? I think we've lost Hokievol, haven't seen her anywhere. That puts you up next then me. OMG! 

Thanks for the baby pictures ladies…I love them and please always feel free to flood the thread with them. :) I need to find Hykue's album again…where's the link?

I finished exams and professor meetings on Wednesday and spent the entire day yesterday cleaning my house. I de-cluttered four rooms, and then went to town deep cleaning my living room, which sorely needed it. Wood polish, glass cleaning, dusting everywhere, took all the covers off the couches (I <3 Ikea slipcovers) and washed, serious vacuuming (moved all furniture), and cleaned out the fireplace. I haven't done a deep clean like that in a LOOOONG time. It felt good and I'm SO happy to have a clean living room. I also vacuumed the bedrooms, did a ton of laundry, cleaned guest room sheets and went through all the maternity clothes I've been given (most don't fit) and bagged them for goodwill. My back hurts from the day, butOH MY GOSH it feels good. Maybe it's nesting? Maybe it's just that I've put everything off till exams finished up. Now I can reclaim my house. 

Today I'll wrap presents, wash the dogs, and pack everything up for a 4hour drive to DH's hometown for Christmas Eve festivities. Then we pack up again and come back for Christmas morning and dinner with my family and extended family. It's a lot of driving but always 100% worth it. 

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year every one!

#495 of 533 Old 12-23-2011, 07:19 AM

Thanks, Rosie! What are the ?? before my name for?

AFM: Had some brown CM yesterday (and um, yeah... freaked a bit) but got my betas back and all are good! So I'm done freaking. I layed around on the couch all night last night (forrrr the 2nd night in a row Sheepish.gif) and wrapped some Christmas presents. Dropped my little dog off at the groomer for a nice Christmas do' this am... I could use some snow now... hehee. Always a possibility in NJ!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#496 of 533 Old 12-23-2011, 08:50 AM

Hi ladies! That's great to have some new 30 somethings expecting #1 (or more) around here! Such an exciting time!

That is great news about your betas, ericaf! What other monitoring will you be having? (I think the ?? is because you don't know the estimated date you'll be giving birth). 

Sorry, but I'm hoping it doesn't snow in the north east, since we are headed that way on Christmas day and do not want to run into any bad travel.

I hope that everyone else traveling these days has a safe and peaceful trip.

Rainabow, welcome! That is fascinating: I am also a dragon!

I'm glad you're feeling better, Boots! And your u/s is now only 5 days away! That's fabulous. I think I am also waiting for that for my ticker and officially joining in here. 

Rosie, I am impressed with the amount of cleaning that you have accomplished! I hope you have a great trip! I have been able to convince my dh so far to pitch in more than usual (he despises the vacuum but did the whole house the other day). The promised washing of the floors did not happen, though. 

Afm, I have been taking it easy, aside from a long walk the other day, which felt great. I've been working with my feet up on the couch instead of at a desk because I am free of meetings and public responsibilities at work until mid-Jan.

We are visiting my folks soon and my mom has more energy than 3 people a third of her age, so we will see how this works out. A few of our days are already full of excursions and she's mentioned 2 other activities she wants me to do. I would be happy just spending time with family at home.

I have been getting to bed late and getting up quite late these days and my family likes to be out the door by 8 am, so this will be an adjustment. The shuttle to the airport is picking us up at 4:30 am on Christmas day, and failed to arrive last time we flew for the holidays because of a freak ice storm, so there is some stress and uncertainty associated with traveling on the 25th. 

Happy holidays to everyone.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#497 of 533 Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome's gals...

Rosie-I hear you on the vacation interuptions...we have to rework some plans now too, that's okay though there will be other years!  Canadian Rockies, skiing at Sunshine and Lake Louise...many peeps have never heard of them though!  when I was awake this morning with another bout of restless legs/insomnia...i was going over everyone's posts and started second guessing weather i should be here with you all since I wasn't TTC for more than a month??  (although i did think seriously about it for several months)  If I am still welcome to stay though, you could add me to the page as:

Raynabow 35-due September 5th with number 4, a virgo dragon baby, after 1 month of trying and a few months thinking about it  ...something like that??  And yay for cleaning!  It feels so good!

Andaluza-if you are in your 30's...than you must be a fellow 76er!!  My middle child is also a dragon...so there will be 3 of us in the fam now!

EricaF-couch it up sister!  Being preggo gives us a special pass to couch as much as we need to and once you get bigger, you also get seats given to you, and cars will stop on a highway to let you cross...I say MILK IT!!

#498 of 533 Old 12-23-2011, 02:24 PM

#499 of 533 Old 12-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just a fly-by to say hello to everyone! I'm in California with DH and the in-laws until the 12/27 and have had very little computer time since I got here (which is probably a good thing).

Happy Holidays!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#500 of 533 Old 12-25-2011, 01:48 PM

IMAG0154.jpg

Happy Holidays

Love,

Wolverine

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#501 of 533 Old 12-25-2011, 04:17 PM

#502 of 533 Old 12-26-2011, 04:56 AM

Happy Solstice from Raven:

DSCF0159.JPG

And Merry Christmas too:

DSCF0169.JPG

Rosie:  My album is at this link.  Anyone who celebrates something other than solstice or Christmas can go and get their holiday fix there.

Hope you are all doing well!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#503 of 533 Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

What a wonderful way to start my morning! Happy happy babies. :) Hykue - the shot with the green outfit is beautiful. :)

#504 of 533 Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 AM

andaluza: No more blood tests till I go to my Dr on 1/9. I guess she felt confident with my progesterone and betas. Although I wish she has tested my progesterone with my 2nd betas!

Rainbow: That's what I'm doing... justtt taking it easy! Lol. You should check with your Dr. about the red raspberry leaf tea. I was taking that as well prior to my BFP, but she said I had to absolutely stop taking it now. Apparently it's also associated with miscarriage in early pregnancy because of what it does to your uterus. But it's good for late pregnancy! I also had to cut out my Vitamin C, and coQ10. She said I should still be taking my prenatals (I take Rainbow Light just once) and fish oil (I take New Chapter) and B6 and B12 (those I just have CVS brand, but when those are done, I'll be switching to a better quality vitamin!) 

tank: What a sweet pic!! AWWWW!!

AFM: I'm doing okay... And as I said, had some brown CM on Friday-Saturday and a little yesterday so my Dr said no zumba, sex, heavy lifting or anything till my appt on 1/9. I GUESS I'm okay with just lounging around Sheepish.gif Lol. I haven't noticed any today so far, and yesterday was barely anything. Definitely nothing that I even notice in my undies, just when I wiped... so that makes me feel confident it really was just hormonal changes. Hope you all had a great holiday!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#505 of 533 Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

I could use some advice/experience sharing. I've had a bad few days (good holidays but tough physically). After a 4-hour road trip Friday I didn't sleep Friday night, napped half the day Saturday, slept slightly better Sat night and drove home Sun morning early. Felt really run down Sunday. Slept fine Sunday night, napped in the morning on Monday but felt funny, fine Monday night. Good sleep last night but today I have a really unhappy gut. I'm nauseous and can't stand the idea of eating. I have trouble standing for a long time before feeling exhausted (throughout the weekend). 

Am I sick? Is it the travel? Just another set of pregnancy symptoms? 

#506 of 533 Old 12-27-2011, 09:21 AM

Hey Boots!  Glad that your mood is better.  Its been a couple days so your u/s is closer!  (Although I know it feels like its going slow...)  I lost the book suggestions, so thanks for the reminder.  Amazon was in overdrive.  I ordered presents for my sisters kids on the 18th and had all but one before the 24th.  winky.gif  As for m/s, I agree - so not the case.  My mom was the exact opposite as well - she didn't have m/s with me or my sister and was surprised how miserable my sister was during her pregnancy.  I guess I'm like my mom - me and my sister are great.  I have heard that too though and they say with multiples it supposed to be much worse...my worry-meter is low today so I will just be glad. (hope I'm not jinxing - my sister said she didn't get awful until 3rd tri)  Sorry I have no body image help - DH is my help.  He just tells me shut up when I comment on my size.

Thanks anda!  If thats the case - I do get nausea attacks at times.  (It counts Boots!)  As for getting up early, I only do because I have to - rest is important.  Family will understand.

Rosie - aww...Poor Mom.  As for the new thread, I would help, but our home computer is still on the fritz.  I hope I have as much energy as you did - all that work in one day.  My house looks like Thing 1 & 2 went through it.  (Not sure if you've seen Cat in the Hat)  A complete MESS! 

I think you did do a lot this past week and travel on top probably isn't a help.  I'm glad your're resting and sorry I don't have any advice except to call dr. for the feeling funny just to be safe.  I have noticed feeling rested is a little difficult, but can usually catch up with a good nights rest and naps.

Congrats to the new graduates!  EricaF, Rainabow  joy.gif

CACountry - enjoy your break! 

To all teachers - you are amazing! 

Birdie!!!! - Yes ma-am!  We will find out (if they cooperate) on Jan. 12th.  I'm excited.  A month has passed already!  (There I go with the time flying...haha)  Great job mama!  3 more pounds to love.  Little L is adorable!  Love the bib!

Caly - hope CA was wonderful!

Tank - handsome little man!  Love the outfit!

Raven is beautiful Hykue!

Thanks for sharing ladies!

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#507 of 533 Old 12-27-2011, 10:37 AM

aaah, the baby pictures are just amazing. I am SO convinced that I'm having a boy, I think it is because it's a Bajingo tradition. Raven doesn't seem to mind being the only gorgeous girl!

Rosie, I hope you start feeling better.

Bel, Aaaaah, I am so excited for you to find out about your twinsies. MY SIL asked me when we told her if we were sure we had just one, when I mentioned clomid. Ha. Well, the actual probability of twins on Clomid isn't too too high, so I doubt it, but I don't think we can say no yet. It must be nerve wracking and exhilarating thinking about your two little beans.

MY U/S IS TOMORROW. jaw.gifOMG, why does today exist. I am so booooored and I've been up for an hour and don't want to eat and that's going to bite me soon. Don't know what to do. Start cleaning out the closet in the spare room? Go check out the closest baby consignment store? Try to find something to read and stay home until J gets home? Do some prep work for school (booo!)

Edited later: Ugh, I am getting so anxious about this damn ultrasound. I wish time would freaking function like normal. I'm so scared something is wrong for no good reason, except I don't "feel" as pregnant today as I have in the past few days. 21 hours.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#508 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Yay for your first US! :)  

Today I think I'm feeling a little more human. I'm down five pounds from my last MW visit checkup, so this is telling me I need to drink some water and start eating again. At least the thought of food isn't disgusting.

#509 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 09:47 AM

Hi ladies! I haven't had much access to internet except on my phone, which is a pain for me to post. But I love the pictures of the adorable babes and hope that everyone is doing well!  

Boots, I hope that everything goes really well today!! I still have a week and a day to wait. AAAAAhhhhhh.

So glad to hear you're feeling better, Rosie!

I've been trying to enforce some rest (or slowing down) with my family and today it has worked the best (dh and I took just one suitcase and ran out of clean clothes, so we can't go out until the laundry is done). But we got home from a trip to NYC at midnight last night, and the day itself was a little hectic (rainy but not cold, at least). It was still great to be in the city, as always.

#510 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 AM

Pumped to heart Boots' results and experience!!

Andaluza: I live like 50 minutes from NYC! Do you live close? It was insanityyyy out yesterday and last night. I thought my roof was gonna blow off. Haha.

Rosie: Luckyyyyy. I just ate a chicken salad sandwich on a bagel which sounded so appetizing and didddd taste good... now I wanna barf. Meat. Ew.

AFM: sleeping.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page