Bajingo Juice turned into a Bun in the Oven - TTC #1 in our 30's Graduates - Fall 2011 - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#511 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Okay, everything looks good. We heard the heartbeat via doppler (I guess?) and have new pics. She didn't even warn us she was going to let us hear the heartbeat, and the sound was there for a few seconds and then she was like "that was your baby's heartbeat." The annoying thing is that she didn't turn the screen to show us. I mean, J took the day off and she didn't even show us. I asked if we could see the heartbeat and she gave us a picture. Uh, yay. Anyway, this is the RE's office, they're pretty low tech or something, but I bet we could've seen the heartbeat. So we "graduated" from there, we have a rec for an OB practice, and hopefully we'll get to see more at the next U/S whenever that might be. When did you ladies have your next one after 8 weeks?

Whatever, I will quit my bitching, because my baby is healthy and that's what matters.

I asked my RE to look at my progesterone #s from before conception and then my HSG #s and figure the due date, instead of from LMP. I think I O'd late. She put me more at 7 weeks and that's how baby is measuring, so EDD would be around August 15.

Yay baby Boots! heartbeat.gif

So from what I've read, chance of miscarriage after hearing the heartbeat drops to 2%. What a relief!

We'll try to scan the pics eventually, but I'm warning you they're not too exciting ;)

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#512 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yay boots!  I am so glad you heard the heartbeat.  really what you would see on a low tech machine is very minimal although they should have showed you anyway!  Find a better OB.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#513 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Boots, that's so exciting!  I have an entire week to go.  An entire, agonizing, painful week.  So great for you though!  The next U/S will be that much better, hopefully.  What a relief that you heard Baby Boot's little heart!  joy.gif

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#514 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 05:08 PM

Boots - I was hoping I would be able to post!  (I was about to throw the computer out the window...)   I am so glad you got to hear a heartbeat!  I saw the flickers, but I admit when I first heard them I almost started crying.  Funny how RE offices are different, sorry she was short.  Anyway - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!  joy.gif   

So excited for you!  Funny SIL mentioned multiples.  Thanks for being excited with me!  I did have a 'feeling' it would be twins although the RE thought I only had one ready to go.  As for your gender prediction - Boys are awesome!  I had a feeling for me it would be a girl and a boy, but I've had a couple dreams it was two boys.  We will see!  Bitch away - I want to rent a doppler so I can check on them daily, but DH think I'm already neurotic enough.  My next u/s was the 12 week NT scan.  U/s pics are always exciting!  winky.gif

And Boots - I am always scared too....but have to focus on enjoying it. 

Rosie - Glad you are feeling a bit better.  Kinda weird that food can be gross, but I'm with ya (I thought I would be eating like a pig.)

Rest andaluza!

LoL  Ericaf...I thought that would get better in the 2nd tri..I'm still sleepy.

Hi mommas!  Hope all is well  wave.gif

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#515 of 533 Old 12-28-2011, 10:13 PM

Thanks everyone! Gonna write more later. I'm exhausted but I had to post cause here's my ticker! At long last :)

So just to clarify, if we heard the heartbeat it had to be with the doppler, right, (is it on the vaginal u/s wand?) Ultrasound itself would only produce a picture?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#516 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

YAY boots! Care to share the little bean pictures? I'm so excited for you! :) 

Dopplers are little wands for the belly, and they are sound only. I don't know if the vaginal USs do audio and visual, but if you only had a vaginal then it appears that they must have both. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#517 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 07:23 AM

#518 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 07:45 AM

Okay back from vacation and just doing a run by -

boots - YAY FOR SEEING THE HEARTBEAT!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!

Hi to everyone else and I'll post more later!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#519 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 AM

Yayyyy, Boots!! I knewwww all was well winky.gif

birdie: We have some names picked out! Ruby for a girl and Mackay (Mack for short) for a boy. I stillheart.gif the name Leo, but my husband and his parentals are annoyinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg about it. They're Irish so they said I need an Irish name. Um. I'M NOT! I'm German and Norwegian so get a life! orngbiggrin.gif Besides that I love Scarlet and Harper. Not many boys names I like... I love Henry too (Boots!) but my hubs said he dislikes that more than Leo. Sighhhh.

AFM: Still sleeping.gif. And how the heckkkk am I going to make it another flippin 2 weeks till an ultraound? Jesussssssssssssssss. They really need to come up with better methods of stalking your bebe. I also keep temping everyday which is pointless, but I just do. I find it odd that my temp has been a solid 98.4 for the past almost 9 days. I had the same steady temp of around 97.3 pre O. Don't our temps usually vary a bit? Weirdo body.

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#520 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM

Erica, I think Leo is great for you, since you're a Leo. Ask your husband what he thinks of "Virgo" orngbiggrin.gif

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#521 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Rosie, I'd be happy to take over the thread if you need a break, but if you like being the threadkeeper, by all means, continue!

I think I have a bad case of pregnancy brain. Is 15 weeks too early for that? Maybe it's just exhaustion, but I seriously can't remember anything. I've also been having trouble verbalizing my thoughts, which is kind of embarrassing.

Hello and congratulations to the new graduates! And much stillheart.gif to all of the regulars.

EricaAF, I think you should pick a Nordic name, just to piss off your relatives. Like Ulf or something.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#522 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM

Dolf! omg, nap needed.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#523 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Caly - Threadkeep away! And no, 15 weeks is NOT too early to have pregnancy brain. Pause....FIFTEEN WEEKS!!! This is so exciting. How are you feeling? 

EricaF - We put the cabosh on any external name discussion until we picked one. I have a feeling we would have had a lot of negative input against Odin, so I'm glad we kept it to ourselves until we officially named this little one. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#524 of 533 Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Ladies, watch for a new thread on New Year's Day. I'll post a link here, of course.

Rosie, I know, crazy! I'm officially in the second trimester, no matter how you count trimesters. I'm still slightly nauseous a lot of the time and have terrible acid reflux, but I'm doing okay otherwise. My next MW appointment is next week, and I'm looking forward to finally hearing the heartbeat. I'm also starting to get a little baby belly. At this point, it really just looks like I've had way too much to eat, but I'm definitely glad I already have some maternity pants. I think I mentioned this before, but I really like the name you picked. Poo on the naysayers.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#525 of 533 Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 AM

Ummmm, seriously??

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/victorias-secret-model-alessandra-ambrosio-walked-runway-2-215936030.html

Lol. Yeah. I could totally do the runway show at almost 5 weeks prego... Riiiiiight. winky.gif

Rosie: I hear that! My friend who actuallyyyy just named her dang bebe Leo did the same thing... hit it from everyone cause apparentlyyy no one likes that name. People are annoying. I can't wait for random strangers to try to touch my belly. I may kill. orngbiggrin.gif

Caly & Boots: I'm thinking Inga... or Sven. How about Jakob but it's pronounced YAH-cub. Lol.

AFM: Stilllll sleeping.gifbut my boob is like throbbing on top of that. Sigh. Not as nausous though (not that I was that much anyway) butttt it's prob cause I've been carbo loading. Lol. Not intentionally either. Sigh.

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#526 of 533 Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM

Boots - I'm not sure.  I think the vag. if it has capability may do both.  I first heard heartbeats on the belly - it was one that fits right in the PA's pocket.  Hope you are getting some rest.

Birdie - Ironially, we have a ton of girls names, but not so many boys...  We'll figure it out.  Don't cha just LOVE everyone's opinions on how to take of L?  The recommendations start in pregnancy and continue...winky.gif  (Although I'm sure some are innocent - hope they aren't bugging you too much!)  So glad he did great on his first plane ride!

ericaf - you can rent a doppler later on!  (DH won't let me though...haha)  Boy names are tough, DH and I agree on lots of little girl names.  Hope you find one you both love and that is significant to both of you as well.  (Tough I know!)  As for the model...ugh. 

Calycanth - Isn't it the worst.  And I tend to blurt out whatever is in my head, which makes it worse!  (I had it pretty early on so 15 weeks or way before is normal as far as I'm concerned!)  And yay for 15 weeks!  orngbiggrin.gif   joy.gifHooray for 2nd Trimester!

Hope everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!  partytime.gif My sparkling cider is ready! 

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#527 of 533 Old 12-30-2011, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'll play, too, from lurkdomland: Happy Holidays!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#528 of 533 Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM

I hope that everyone is doing well!  We've returned from our visit to family and I'm feeling happy about the visit, but happier to be home.

Ericaf, we used to live in NYC, so it is great to go back and visit some of our old haunts whenever we can. Things sound good with you, I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

Birdie.lee we didn't have a lot of time to do much more than walk around a few of our favorite neighborhoods, do a little shopping, and have dinner, but it's always worth it. Some of the people in our favorite places still recognize us, but it's sad to see that the economy seems to have affected several of them. So glad the plane ride went well. Since we are so far from family, I'm afraid our little one will be flying and it scares me somewhat.

I'm so glad that your u/s went really well, Boots! We'll find out for sure when we finally have ours next Thurs, but from when I think I ovulated, that means we are for now pretty much dating the same (my edd is Aug 14)! My husband will be able to get a few hours off and I've instructed him to take pics and video of the screen and I hope the doc doesn't object.

Calycanth, so exciting about your progress and hearing the heartbeat soon!

Afm, we took it easy on Wed., but I ended up getting terribly sick all that night and next morning--vomiting and diarrhea. Did I mention I have a terrible vomiting phobia? I seem to be over it, although I'm still distrustful of food and now I am regretting my dinner, the first real meal I've had since. I hope that what happened was a result of eating something that really didn't agree with me, especially since I can't imagine being able to function and be in public feeling like I did. I didn't have a fever or body aches, so I don't think it was a flu. But my mom also ate the same thing as me and was fine, so who knows. It was traumatic. Otherwise, everything is pretty good. So many cute and well-behaved kids on the plane, although the ones behind us sounded pretty sick, 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#529 of 533 Old 12-30-2011, 11:10 PM

andaluza, glad you're feeling better.

Ugh, I am all anxious now because I took some asprin-free Alka Seltzer (Alka Seltzer Gold). It has citric acid and potassium bicarbonate. Now I read that PB is category C. Seriously, one wouldn't think that extra potassium could be bad, but there haven't been stuides and I hope everything is okay.

Tear, she is SO adorable. Cutest outfit.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#530 of 533 Old 12-31-2011, 09:34 AM

Since I missed so much while I was gone, I don't think I can really do personals, but I wanted to say HI!!!! wave.gif to all of the new BFPs and congratulations!!

I'm loving all the Christmas baby pictures. I want to see Christmas BUMP pictures from all those that are pregnant though! Even if you don't have a bump yet smile.gif In my DDC I found it tons of fun to see pictures as everyone got further along and would love to see that here. So comon ladies, show off your bumps!!

Okay, Christmas baby picture time for me:

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#531 of 533 Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM

Hi all 

Boots- I have stressed over a few things I ate/drank before I realized they could be bad.  It is hard not too, but probably totally ok.  Remembering how many crazy drug addicts have healthy babies helps keep it in perspective for me.

Caly-Yeah for 15 weeks.  I am almost there.  

Tear and Livingsky- such beautiful little ones.

Everyone else- HELLO.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

AFM-

Heard the heart beat on the doppler on Wednesday at just about 14 weeks.  It was such a wonderful sound.  Starting to really look pregnant.  It is true that the second one pops out sooner.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#532 of 533 Old 01-01-2012, 05:49 AM

#533 of 533 Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page